• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fight me.

In all seriousness, I do agree that Metroid has too many characters--but it's ZSS that's the "too many." I imagine Sakurai probably would've added Dark Samus over ZSS in Brawl, had Metroid Prime 2 not come out a whole year after Zero Mission in Japan. It was clear he wanted another Metroid character, felt Ridley was too big to be sized down, but didn't have any other options, since he probably hadn't really seen Dark Samus yet by the time Brawl started development.

It's bizarre that Dark Samus was added instead of Shadow, Dixie/Funky, or any other realizable Echo Fighter. I'll always wonder how that decision was made, but I'll always be thankful. Though I do wish we had gotten some other Echo Fighters to round things out for other series that are a little underrepresented.

I can see Dark Samus and ZSS getting cut in the next Smash game, leaving just Samus and Ridley, and that's all it needs right now. People throw around Sylux as a possibility, but he hasn't proven his worth yet. He's cool in concept, but that concept hasn't been fully realized. Though I'd love to see them "de-Echo" Dark Samus and give her a proper moveset, I'm already counting my blessings that she's a fighter at all.
I can't see Zero Suit Samus leaving honestly. And I still think she's the best, and most logical second character for Metroid. How's that for a first blow?

The reason why I found Dark Samus to be a weird addition, is because she's essentially a "dead" character. She likely won't be in Prime 4, but if she is, she will likely stay around.

Dixie also isn't suitable for a Echo, but I appriciate the sentiment.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When my opinion is wrong based on your own opinion.

I mean, I don't know what y'all want from me. It use to be good? I didn't grow up on that stuff. I was more a LotR kid.
Only joking, my friend. I was a ****ing movie nerd growing up so LotR is right up my alley as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Don't even get me started on what people could be picturing when I've used a variety of other characters n my avatars. It can be especially unfitting when the character is female (I am the King of Phantoms, after all) or when the character...isn't exactly humanoid. Or not human at all.

King Dedede, Luxray, The Lich, Oogie Boogie, Jack Skellington, Twilight Sparkle, Toon Link, Aku and Scrooge McDuck are all several examples that come to my mind.

Just imagine any one of those characters just sitting at a computer and posting on Smashboards, now. Just imagine it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Follow me on Instagram @ITSYABOIONEANDDONE for the HOTTEST new memes and Fortnite wins.

Also what face do I have, I’m desperate for attention.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultsamus:: I think there's too many Metroid character honestly, and it's because of Dark Samus. I don't think Dark Samus was the optimal choice for a Echo Fighter honestly.
Admit it, you only think that because Retro's working on Metroid and not another DK game. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Here’s an EXCLUSIVE image of me trying to get through life!
E9F74AA5-91DF-4F49-963E-0BF3794D439E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom