• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Teaching STEM concepts to kids/teens/eventually adults. Anything stem related, with kind of a focus on programming.
Also, developing software.
Sounds like a good job. Hopefully the pay is good.
Developing software? What kind?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How can you tell once they're old enough?
Generally by behavior and coloration.
You can also tell by behavior earlier, but every bird is different so it'd all just be assumptions.

Males have a yellower head and like to show off for people/birds/objects they like (so, whistling and heart wings and stuff). They're the ones that typically "talk" too.
Females have a more grayish head for the most part, and are more agressive and less talkative.

This is an oversimplification but yeah.
Baby tiels look like females until they grow their adult feathers, and then either they'll look female or male.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
:ultsamus:: I think there's too many Metroid character honestly, and it's because of Dark Samus. I don't think Dark Samus was the optimal choice for a Echo Fighter honestly.
Fight me.

In all seriousness, I do agree that Metroid has too many characters--but it's ZSS that's the "too many." I imagine Sakurai probably would've added Dark Samus over ZSS in Brawl, had Metroid Prime 2 not come out a whole year after Zero Mission in Japan. It was clear he wanted another Metroid character, felt Ridley was too big to be sized down, but didn't have any other options, since he probably hadn't really seen Dark Samus yet by the time Brawl started development.

It's bizarre that Dark Samus was added instead of Shadow, Dixie/Funky, or any other realizable Echo Fighter. I'll always wonder how that decision was made, but I'll always be thankful. Though I do wish we had gotten some other Echo Fighters to round things out for other series that are a little underrepresented.

I can see Dark Samus and ZSS getting cut in the next Smash game, leaving just Samus and Ridley, and that's all it needs right now. People throw around Sylux as a possibility, but he hasn't proven his worth yet. He's cool in concept, but that concept hasn't been fully realized. Though I'd love to see them "de-Echo" Dark Samus and give her a proper moveset, I'm already counting my blessings that she's a fighter at all.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Don't ever expect to see what I look like IRL, lol.

I'm just not comfortable revealing that. Some info's just way too personal for me to share, y'know?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Update: They noticed me watching and invited me to join. I kicked their butts.

I also got to play on a single joycon for the first time. I selected random at one point at got Peach. Playing her with tap jump on and no c-stick just feels wrong.

D

Deleted member

I am one of those people that do not imagine faces.

For Example, if I see Noipoi, I get a picture of Toothless in my head.

If I see Opossum, I get a picture of an opossum in my head.

If I imagine ClatheBae, I imagine a gangster nipper plant in my head.

If I imagine Cutie Gwen, I get a picture of her ZSS avatar that she has on Twitter or her current avatar. Depends.

It is kind of hard to imagine people's faces, because we are so diverse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It was clear he wanted another Metroid character, felt Ridley was too big to be sized down, but didn't have any other options, since he probably hadn't really seen Dark Samus yet by the time Brawl started development.
Brawl's development started in time for him to have played the Japanese version of MP2. I blame the Final Smash concept more than anything, not because he couldn't think of one for DS, but because he wanted Samus's to have a drawback that requires a lot of resources.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I am one of those people that do not imagine faces.

For Example, if I see Noipoi, I get a picture of Toothless in my head.

If I see Opossum, I get a picture of an opossum in my head.

If I imagine ClatheBae, I imagine a gangster nipper plant in my head.

If I imagine Cutie Gwen, I get a picture of her ZSS avatar that she has on Twitter or her current avatar. Depends.

It is kind of hard to imagine people's faces, because we are so diverse.
Now I'm wondering how many people lately see my posts and are just imagining Jenny Wakeman (a female teenage robot) sitting at a computer typing out said posts.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom