• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aight fellas, got a question for you guys on the boards.
Who do you main, and why? I'll do mine as an example.

:ultkirby: - One of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has a fun playstyle that I enjoy. Kirby is honestly one of my favorite video game franchises as well.
:ultyounglink: - Another one of my favorites. He's my favorite Link iteration as well. I also voice him in a machinima, and when you voice a character, even not officially, ya grow a liking to them.
:ultwario: - Another one of my favorites. He playstyle is very fun and wacky, and just seeing him move is entertaining! He is also my Wahfu. Charles Martine also did an amazing job with his voice.
:ultpalutena: - Palutena is what got me into Kid Icarus. She just seemed like such a fun character! After I played Kid Icarus, I enjoyed the character even more. I kinda just kept playing her until I got good at her. She's very fun to play as well, and her voice over performance is outstanding.
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my very first Nintendo game, and after I played that game, I've been hooked on Nintendo ever since. (Yes I know I am late.) She is also wholesome and I would die for her. She's also just my favorite character in any form of media, period.

So basically I kinda just go with characters I like the most. and when one I like even more gets announced, I play them until I get good at em'.
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles is a game series that means a lot to me. I love the characters, the stories, the settings...I could relate to so many of the characters. Plus, Shulk’s just fun in general. I like to be cheap and Shield > Buster > Smash.
:ultcloud: - FFVII is my second favorite FF (first is IX). And I’m glad he’s the first Square rep added, I wanted a Square rep in Smash since Brawl.
:ultsnake: - one of my favorites in Brawl. I loved his codecs and his inclusion in Brawl got me into MGS.
:ultkirby: - Kirby’s Dreamland 2 was the first game I ever beat. Plus he’s heckin adORABLE
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my first Animal Crossing.
:ultlucina: - Awakening was my first FE, and Lucina is a character I in many ways relate to, especially since I’m often a bit reluctant to open up to others.
:ultfalcon: - came for the Falcon Punch, stayed for getting into the F-Zero series. also he’s damn fine :eyes:
:ultsheik: - sometimes you just feel like going ninja on someone
:ultken: - **** it he’s basically a hot white blond version of Ryu don’t @ me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

:ultkirby: - One of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has a fun playstyle that I enjoy. Kirby is honestly one of my favorite video game franchises as well.
:ultyounglink: - Another one of my favorites. He's my favorite Link iteration as well. I also voice him in a machinima, and when you voice a character, even not officially, ya grow a liking to them.
:ultwario: - Another one of my favorites. He playstyle is very fun and wacky, and just seeing him move is entertaining! He is also my Wahfu. Charles Martine also did an amazing job with his voice.
:ultpalutena: - Palutena is what got me into Kid Icarus. She just seemed like such a fun character! After I played Kid Icarus, I enjoyed the character even more. I kinda just kept playing her until I got good at her. She's very fun to play as well, and her voice over performance is outstanding.
:ultisabelle: - ACNL was my very first Nintendo game, and after I played that game, I've been hooked on Nintendo ever since. (Yes I know I am late.) She is also wholesome and I would die for her. She's also just my favorite character in any form of media, period.

So basically I kinda just go with characters I like the most. and when one I like even more gets announced, I play them until I get good at em'.
I'll just change this to whoever I play in Ultimate
:ultbowser: I feel Bowser is genuinely a good character, he has range, strength and armour on a bunch of his moves and he's surprisingly fast
:ultganondorf: Ganondorf is a meme pick me and my friends have deemed worthy as the "lmao let's **** around" character and there's never a boring match with him
:ultike: I've played Ike since Brawl and the fact he has an obnoxious Nair which even I can combo with reliably only makes him more fun
:ultincineroar: I like a lot of Incineroar's tools, although I admittedly get really greedy with Revenge
:ultmegaman: I don't play him an awful lot but he's still fun, especially as Leaf Shield isn't useless anymore
:ultridley: Ridley is the character I wanted in the most to the point I nearly ****ing fainted when he was confirmed. He plays like a dream too, although his up b could be improved somewhat imo
:ultchrom: Chrom is my "I'm going to just press some buttons lol" character
:ultken: Ken is similar to Chrom only I try and fail to show off more
:ultshulk: Shulk's a character I always had fun with since 4 and he's really useful in the FFA meta
:ultrichter: Whenever I feel like pissing off as many people as possible I pick Richter, only to be greeted by "**** you Gwen", "EVERYONE GANG UP ON GWEN", "STOP SPAMMING THAT AXE YOU PIECE OF ****", "THAT ISN'T ****ING FAIR" and many, many more colourful insults
:ultsnake: I just pick Snake to mimic his voice as I can do a surprisingly good impression. That, and I like annoying people by chucking grenades and C4 everywhere
:ultwolf: My main from Brawl before we learned he got cut, he's fun as hell and coincidentally one of the best characters in the game. I even got a guy to like 70% in a 1v1 just by spamming Blaster

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't plan to see it because it ended as a perfect trilogy and now that's ruined because Pixar has to grab that money while they're at it.

Can't let an emotionally satisfying ending and closure be an ending...

Plus that whole movie just reeks of fanservice for the Woody and Bo Peep shippers given how upset they were of her being absent and feels like Pixar's way of apologizing.

Seriously some franchises are better off ending on good notes especially that way they don't get milked out taking a massive dip in quality like how the Ice Age series had or Spongebob, Family Guy and such. Same reason I'm satisfied my favorite cartoon this generation The Regular Show ended on a great note.

And also another reason its good they ended How to Train Your Dragon where it is.

By doing that, these franchises will be remembered for their great quality and story telling they had rather then eventual blatant low qualified cash grabs with only the first few being beloved by the fans.
Here’s the thing...TS3 was never the intended ending for the franchise, and if it was there wouldn’t have been a good amount of Toy Story specials that were made years after the movie happened.

Besides, even if they were milking the series it’s not like it won’t come to an end (they’ve made many hints towards this movie being the actual finale and not assumed like the 3rd movie was). Also (for the show part), ending a series a certain way isn’t always for the best *looks at TMNT 2012, Adventure Time, sadly Luke Cage and Iron Fist (Daredevil atleast felt like a series finale for the most parts, but still also that), and others)
i didn't drop a thing, I just don't play Pit.

FE 7 and 8 do have remixes though.
Nah you definitely forgot him
View attachment 194324
i hate this post so ****ing much
Mythra legs...yay

D

Deleted member

:ultsimon:He’s fun and I like Castlevania
:ultdk:He’s fun and I like Donkey Kong
:ultridley:He’s fun and I like the idea of being a space dragon who kills people

D

Deleted member

Silence...

This post was made by the “I’m bored let’s chat” gang.

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704

:ultmarth:- The character that I like playing as the most overall. I love the tipper mechanic and his animations.

:ultganondorf:- Fun as hell.

:ultisabelle: - Also fun as hell and the lloyds/fishing rod piss my friends off.

D

Deleted member

I'll just change this to whoever I play in Ultimate
:ultbowser: I feel Bowser is genuinely a good character, he has range, strength and armour on a bunch of his moves and he's surprisingly fast
:ultganondorf: Ganondorf is a meme pick me and my friends have deemed worthy as the "lmao let's **** around" character and there's never a boring match with him
:ultike: I've played Ike since Brawl and the fact he has an obnoxious Nair which even I can combo with reliably only makes him more fun
:ultincineroar: I like a lot of Incineroar's tools, although I admittedly get really greedy with Revenge
:ultmegaman: I don't play him an awful lot but he's still fun, especially as Leaf Shield isn't useless anymore
:ultridley: Ridley is the character I wanted in the most to the point I nearly ****ing fainted when he was confirmed. He plays like a dream too, although his up b could be improved somewhat imo
:ultchrom: Chrom is my "I'm going to just press some buttons lol" character
:ultken: Ken is similar to Chrom only I try and fail to show off more
:ultshulk: Shulk's a character I always had fun with since 4 and he's really useful in the FFA meta
:ultrichter: Whenever I feel like pissing off as many people as possible I pick Richter, only to be greeted by "**** you Gwen", "EVERYONE GANG UP ON GWEN", "STOP SPAMMING THAT AXE YOU PIECE OF ****", "THAT ISN'T ****ING FAIR" and many, many more colourful insults
:ultsnake: I just pick Snake to mimic his voice as I can do a surprisingly good impression. That, and I like annoying people by chucking grenades and C4 everywhere
:ultwolf: My main from Brawl before we learned he got cut, he's fun as hell and coincidentally one of the best characters in the game. I even got a guy to like 70% in a 1v1 just by spamming Blaster
How do you guys have 10 or more Mains?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

:ultsnake:- My true main. I loved playing Snake in Brawl, but in Ultimate, he's even better. I also love Metal Gear.
:ultness:- I've played Ness in pretty much every Smash game and still enjoy doing so (And obviously I'm a huge Mother fan too).
:ultdoc:- He was my main in Smash 4. I just prefer him to vanilla Mario. And I like playing characters who others hate (see also Wii Fit Trainer).
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:- I love Castlevania and their moveset's very faithful to the series. I know others hate fighting them, but they're too fun for me not to play.
:ultwiifittrainer:- It's fun wreckin' fools with her. She's such a goofy character so it's always funny to see my opponent's salt when I win. And no one seems to play as her, which is a shame.
:ultpacman:- I never imagined I'd like playing Pac this much, but something about his moveset just clicks with me. Still trying to improve with him though.

(I guess you could've just looked at my signature, but oh well)

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, I'm curious, out of the Currently Represented Franchises in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what are you most disappointed by not being represented or being underrepresented in your opinion...this is not counting Fighters, just Stages, Songs, Spirits, etc.
:ultmario:: Bowsette No Songs from Super Mario RPG..even if I always think of it when hearing King Bowser considering I first heard it in RPG.
:ultdk:: Very few DKC2 Songs despite having such as an Awesome OST..too many remixes of the same exact song..
:ultlink:: No Hyrule Castle or Lorule Castle Songs
:ultyoshi:: No Baby Bowser Battle (Yoshi's Island) Song
:ultwario:: No Music or Stages from Wario Land or Wario World (that one Shake It song doesn't count to me since its just a remix of a WarioWare song..)
:ultsnake:: No Old Snake or Naked Snake costumes
:ultsonic:: Not more Sonic Mania music (particularly Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2)
:ultmegaman:: No MegaMan Battle Network music, the MM Zero song is just a remix of Zero's MMX1 theme and not an original MMZ song (like Departure~)
:ultryu:: Any Music from a non-SFII entry..I'd have loved some SFIII and Alpha songs (like Sakura's theme)
:ultcloud:: The Entire Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series..
:ultmario:: Wish we could have had more music from Paper Mario
:ultdk:: Feel like all the love in Ultimate went to the original DKC trilogy but not Retro's games. The two games have one spirit each (I think), no representative stages and TF got very little in the way of music despite having a godlike OST. My main gripe, if I had to pick, would be the lack of a TF stage.
:ultlink:: Zelda's generally well represented in most aspects apart from fighters, so I'm not sure what to say about this one. Perhaps a few more remixes? Hyrule Castle (ALTTP version), Clock Town and The Wind Waker's main theme would be nice additions. More MM remixes in general would be nice, as Termina Field, while fine, is just a variation on the main theme.
:ultpikachu:: Gen 3 has still been shafted, when we could at least have had a Rayquaza boss fight. Would also like some remixes from older games (a full version of Battle! Lance/Red is a must IMO), but all the remixes have been from the latest games. Oh, and not too keen that Ultra Beasts, one of the more unique aspects of Gen 7, barely got anything in the way of representation. An Ultra Space stage could have solved this, but oh well.
:ultinkling:: Would have liked more music from Splatoon 2, namely its campaign mode and the Octo Expansion. Did we really need 4 versions (including a terrible remix) of Now or Never?
:ultolimar:: As we're not counting fighters, I guess there are a few more tracks I'd have liked in Smash, including the Final Boss music from Pikmin 3.
:ultwario:: Got no new music in Ultimate. If they could get in a few Mario Tennis Aces track in, why not a couple of unremixed tracks from WarioWare Gold. Not to mention there's still tracks from older games they could use. And, as always, Wario Land representation remains minimal.
:ultrob:: Still has no stage.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
:ultludwig:= Fun projectiles with a Side-B and Down Smash that can finish the job. Also, has alts with personality and aesthetic differences (wands and kart)
:ultrobin:= Fun projectiles with a Side-B to Up-Smash and Down Smash that can finish the job. Also, has alts with good aesthetic differences.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I've been hesitant on what I should call a main now, but whatever works.

:ultlink: - I'm a huge fan of TLOZ, so this isn't a big surprise. Aside from that, Link can do almost anything I want to see in a character (including having a cool factor). He can zone, he has good disjoints, a combo game that can mixed up with projectiles and good edgeguarding ability among many things.

:ultgreninja: - I'm also a huge Pokémon fan, even if I don't really show it. I like playing speedy characters too, and his combo game is easily one of the most satisfying things to master. Dark-type bias.

:ultlucario: - Pokémon, and he is one of my favorite ones from Gen IV. I like how even with aura, you have to play near perfectly to get any advantage. He kind of lets me test myself, personally.

:ultmewtwo: - Pokémon for the third time, and with one of my favorite legendaries. Once again, I like having speed, and it feels like he has about everything (aside from great survivability).

:ultsonic: - I loved playing Sonic games when I was a bit younger, so playing him in Smash was nice. I've played him quite a bit in Smash 4 too, but in Ultimate, he has to play more aggressive to truly get any benefit, and that suits me.

:ulttoonlink: - If I play one Link, I must play another. Besides, although he has not had much significant changes, he can now beat people who ditched him and those who don't know the MU.

:ultyounglink: - I do have OoT experience, so this is a bit personal. And if I play one Link, I play all. The kid is hyperactive.

:ultpit:(:ultdarkpit:) - Kid Icarus is one of my favorite franchises here (yet there is so many). He is relatively easy to play, has about everything he needs, and doesn't require mastering crazy hard techniques.

:ultmarth:(:ultlucina:) - Marth helped me learn about Fire Emblem's existence, although that's not a surprise. He has quite the satisfying combo game, especially when you get the tipper, but I don't mind playing Lucina when spacing happens to be a problem against a certain character.

:ultsimon:(:ultrichter:) - I remember having played the first Castlevania years ago, so I already knew who Simon was. Not sure if I exactly knew Richter before, but either way, both can make for some interesting setups if the opponent isn't aware. The only thing I didn't expect was them being treated as the biggest spammers ever, even if I can see what they mean.

:hayabusa: - TBA

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

:ultrob: I'm not sure why I started maining him in the first place, but I like his playstyle and the way all his attacks feel. There's just something about the flame effect that makes attacks so much more satisfying.
:ultolimar: Olimar is the only time I've wanted a character to be in Smash, and they got in Smash. As with ROB, I like projectiles. And the fact that Olimar is top tier again this time around is a nice bonus. People hate playing against this character, but that won't stop me.
:ultpiranha: I thought his reveal was hilarious and I'm generally a sucker for quirky characters. Plus he's got some pretty interesting specials, even if many of his other attacks are a little lacklustre.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, I always though it was interesting regarding the costumes that changed from the demo. Not much overall changes, but it is seeing the ones that did. First pic is demo, 2nd is full game:

Sonic had his fur touched up on, having more variable colors such as more purple, silver, and a darker shade of black as oppossed to not so different shades of blue

These two had some alts changed to make them black/darker skinned (shoutouts to my fellow minorities). Interestingly, the Black Trainer is slightly darker in the final product compared to the November demo, which this pic is from.

These Costumes aren't even in the game, replaced with Meta Ridley alts with similar schemes.
Then there's minor altercations, like Wolf (2), Luigi (2), and Wario (2).

Interstingly, Wolf's official render is different in game, as the leather straps are purple in game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So, I'm curious, out of the Currently Represented Franchises in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what are you most disappointed by not being represented or being underrepresented in your opinion...this is not counting Fighters, just Stages, Songs, Spirits, etc.
:ultmario:: Bowsette No Songs from Super Mario RPG..even if I always think of it when hearing King Bowser considering I first heard it in RPG.
:ultdk:: Very few DKC2 Songs despite having such as an Awesome OST..too many remixes of the same exact song..
:ultlink:: No Hyrule Castle or Lorule Castle Songs
:ultyoshi:: No Baby Bowser Battle (Yoshi's Island) Song
:ultwario:: No Music or Stages from Wario Land or Wario World (that one Shake It song doesn't count to me since its just a remix of a WarioWare song..)
:ultsnake:: No Old Snake or Naked Snake costumes
:ultsonic:: Not more Sonic Mania music (particularly Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2)
:ultmegaman:: No MegaMan Battle Network music, the MM Zero song is just a remix of Zero's MMX1 theme and not an original MMZ song (like Departure~)
:ultryu:: Any Music from a non-SFII entry..I'd have loved some SFIII and Alpha songs (like Sakura's theme)
:ultcloud:: The Entire Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series..
:ulttoonlink:: The lack of a BoTW AT. A guardian would've made sense.

:ultkirby:: Almost nothing from modern games. No stage, no assist trophies, and no remixes.

:ultpikachu:: Only one gen 2 song, and it's the same one from Melee. The fact we don't have the champion theme from that game by itself is a shame.

:ultmegaman:: Only 2 X series songs. Chill Penguin and Armored Armadillo would both be really great.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:- Kid Icarus is ****ing awesome
:ultmario::ultdoc:- Mario childhood...and its Mario
:ultpiranha:- Piranha Plant Gang
:ultrosalina::ultdaisy:- Goodies
:ultlucina::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultchrom:- Awakening Trio
:ultcorrinf:- Barefoot Waifu...and Big Sister Energy
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:- Woomy
:ultlink::ulttoonlink:- Hiya
:ultduckhunt:- Doggo
:ultsonic:- Gotta Go Fast
:ultpichu:- Fun

Last edited: