• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Imagine eevee just tearing into a ****ing kecleon just ripping him apart in front of his kecleon babies
After it performs this vicious act it turns toward the viewer and keeps its cute and innocent smiling face.

D

Deleted member

Eevee's are like Fox-Cat things. So probably Pokemon like Pichu, Ratatta. Rodent-like creatures.
oh, So that's why they had to cut Pichu! Eevee got out of the Pokeball and ate Pichu so they had to find another one in between Brawl and Smash 4! /s

Edit: D-Did I accidentally post this twice without realizing it? I remember I was going to post this then I decided against it cause I was beginning to play an Arena with Badrat but since him and somebody else are playing right now I saw it appear twice...if I did post it twice I apologize as I did not mean to do that. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Well, for their icons maybe. Mario has to be bland because he is Mickey Mouse, he's the face of Nintendo. He can't have personality because that isn't marketable in a mainstream. Luigi on the other hand, almost always has personality. His animations and body language in Luigi's Mansions are very clear indicators as to how scared he is of his situation.

Point is, it's hard for mascots to have personalities, as they need to be as inoffensive as possible in order to be marketed. If you want personality, look at the supporting cast
I understand that completely, though I wasn't implying that Mario being "bland" was a bad thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This statement, right here just proves your argument is entirely wrong

Even without his own series, I would still say Yoshi would still on one of the bigger Mario characters, and an obvious choice for Smash, if he wasn't in already...
A character not being allowed in Smash because they're a generic species, makes no sense, especially when we also have :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
Except he didn’t, Yoshi usually has to share the spotlight in his games with his multicolored brethren. In fact, in the original Yoshi’s Island, it forces you to use a bunch of different colored Yoshis.

I mean, it’s basically a vaguely interpreted fox, so it’d eat the approximate equivalents...
Why is is that when I say why I don’t like a character you guys like I’m objectively wrong. I’m wrong about virtual LEGO man, i’m wrong about hat Goomba, i’m wrong about everyone. When I like a character I’m wrong. Banjo is “dead” Medeus is “boring”. Are you guys just on some eternal quest to make my opinion identical to yours?

I understand that completely, though I wasn't implying that Mario being "bland" was a bad thing.
I am. The plumber is more boring than Ben Stein’s voice. As are his games.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually come to think of it, Eevee would more than likely have the diet of a usual house cat more than anything, more so than a fox. Eevee is nigh-universally depicted as a domestic Pokémon first and foremost, with the rare moments you can find one in the wild being in places where they're implied to be imported or strays (Trophy Garden and the Castelia City grove) or in areas where other domesticated animal Pokémon live (Kalos Route 10, Alola Route 4).

So Eevee would have a diet similar to that of a stray or feral house cat.

D

Deleted member

This statement, right here just proves your argument is entirely wrong

Even without his own series, I would still say Yoshi would still on one of the bigger Mario characters, and an obvious choice for Smash, if he wasn't in already...
A character not being allowed in Smash because they're a generic species, makes no sense, especially when we also have :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
Don't forget these two squiddles: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:. They aren't actual characters; they're representation of a species.

D

Deleted member

Why is is that when I say why I don’t like a character you guys like I’m objectively wrong. I’m wrong about virtual LEGO man, i’m wrong about hat Goomba, i’m wrong about everyone. When I like a character I’m wrong. Banjo is “dead” Medeus is “boring”. Are you guys just on some eternal quest to make my opinion identical to yours?

I am. The plumber is more boring than Ben Stein’s voice. As are his games.
Sometimes things are inherently wrong. Saying "Medusa is boring" is an opinion and theoretically cannot be wrong, but things like "Hat Goomba" and "Banjo is dead" are things that can be proven wrong, and if people find it necessary, they will. It's nothing personal kid, it's just business...LORD BUISNESS

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Because you bash our opinions first, to prove your argument in some way...

It's never "I want Banjo Kazooie", it's always "I hate Minecraft, here's why Banjo Kazooie deserves to be in Smash, more than Steve"

Making statements like that, is only gonna make us more likely to retaliate back...

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Actually come to think of it, Eevee would more than likely have the diet of a usual house cat more than anything, more so than a fox. Eevee is nigh-universally depicted as a domestic Pokémon first and foremost, with the rare moments you can find one in the wild being in places where they're implied to be imported or strays (Trophy Garden and the Castelia City grove) or in areas where other domesticated animal Pokémon live (Kalos Route 10, Alola Route 4).

So Eevee would have a diet similar to that of a stray or feral house cat.
On a side note to add onto that, it is a thing that all Pokemon can universally consume the Pokemon-Amie / Poke Refresh food items regardless of what kind of diet they look like they have... so it is likely that a whole lot of wild Pokemon are domesticated in a way by becoming reliant on human-made food, even if it's just by eating garbage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't forget these two squiddles: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:. They aren't actual characters; they're representation of a species.
I guess one could argue that those are the same Squiddies on the box art of the OG Splatoon, but your point still stands. Individually does NOT determine whether or not you should be in Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because you bash our opinions first, to prove your argument in some way...

It's never "I want Banjo Kazooie", it's always "I hate Minecraft, here's why Banjo Kazooie deserves to be in Smash, more than Steve"

Making statements like that, is only gonna make us more likely to retaliate back...
Except I only started Steve bashing when people started bashing Banjo! I’m the one defending myself!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On a side note to add onto that, it is a thing that all Pokemon can universally consume the Pokemon-Amie / Poke Refresh food items regardless of what kind of diet they look like they have... so it is likely that a whole lot of Pokemon are domesticated in a way by becoming reliant on human-made food, even if it's just by eating garbage.
Grimer and Muk eating garbage is also why Trubbish and Garbodor are canonically threatened species.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh I’m just in time for the nightly Steve vs. Banjo portion.

Can we accept that one, both, or neither could get in please?

Also, can my autocorrect not correct me at times? It gets annoying!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh I’m just in time for the nightly Steve vs. Banjo portion.

Can we accept that one, both, or neither could get in please?

Also, can my autocorrect not correct me at times? It gets annoying!
Please, let's not start another Banjo vs Steve debate

It will only get out of hand...
That argument is best left untouched. I’m more interested in which one of us actually started it sense we both seam to be defending ourselves from attack.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Grimer and Muk eating garbage is also why Trubbish and Garbodor are canonically threatened species.
The funny thing about the idea of Pokemon being threatened species is that, in the main series games universe, since Trubbish and Garbodor are breedable, one single person with a lot of time can replenish the population by themselves. (Never mind where the garbage they're made of comes from...)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, Mods/Admins, I said this yesterday, but can we PLEASE have a "Days without a Steve vs. Banjo debate"? I am legit curious on how far we can make it without resetting the counter.
Also, it would be kinda fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This "Bandana Dee doesn't even have a unique name" argument becomes funny when you remember Bowser's original name.

D

Deleted member

And once again it goes back to Steve and Banjo.

Clockwork.
I actually like arguments like this. It brings up the opportunity for good points on both sides and new prospective students from the opposition.

D

Deleted member

This "Bandana Dee doesn't even have a unique name" argument becomes funny when you remember Bowser's original name.
What was it?

Wait, if you mean King Koopa, bear in mind the species of the mook is the Koopa Troopa. "Koopa" is just shorthand for the entire line which Bowser is part of. :V

EDIT: And that ONLY Bowser is "Koopa" in the original Japanese. Not the Troopas. They are Nokonokos :V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom