• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

banjo is cool, steve is cool, but we all know who the true microsoft rep is
images (3).jpeg

they're in

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
All this love for an enemy primarily featured in Yoshi games. It brings a tear to my eye :yoshi:
I've never played a Yoshi game, so I don't see potential in Shy guy, but I'd like to see some moveset ideas. Kamek would fit the role of a Yoshi villain well.

I've never looked at that as a beard until now, haha. I always assumed it was a smile.

:]
Quite the optical illusion in his design. I noticed the beard fairly quickly, but I can also definitely see the smiley face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly we haven't even seen anything but a trailer and I already want the Astral Chain dudes to be playable

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What would your reaction be if they straight up added Hat Goomba? A literal Goomba with a hat, just to screw with the fans.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Here's another of my mindless assumptions, you're welcome.
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring; the fact that we're not getting Palutena's Guidance for the DLC characters sans Piranha Plant is a big win for characters who are already in the game as spirits. Think about it; Plant had no spirit in-game, but a PG all to itself when it was revealed. This suggests that they planned on making the plant prior to deciding who's in the fighters pass, possibly as far back as when the Spirits menu was teased. This is further supported by the differences between the development stages we saw of Plant and Joker; the former looked to be pretty much done, being released not even two months after the game launched, while at the same time, all we have of Joker is an animated trailer without any gameplay, followed by an entrance/landing animation & idle stance, animations that we waited over those two months for. There's no telling who was on Nintendo's list when they gave it to everybody at SORA for deliberation, but it's highly probable that characters that are already Spirits were on that list (that's how I see this situation, anyway).

TLDR; Plant getting a guidance instead of everyone else makes me think that Spirits have a shot as DLC, since unlike Plant, they were likely decided after the base game wrapped up development and went gold.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So people are saying that Waddle Dee is just Goomba with a hat.

Yeah no, you guys are blind. Dee does not look like
We really need a HD remake of this game so we can go back to the series' grass roots.

What would your reaction be if they straight up added Hat Goomba? A literal Goomba with a hat, just to screw with the fans.
You say that as a joke, but I could actually see them adding a Goomba with alts featuring many of the hats from Odyssey. Here's to hoping one of them is the wedding veil Goomba.

But seriously, I probably wouldn't be too mad. Most third-parties don't appeal to me anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

omfg y'all still on hat goomba after 11 months huh

the boy is a recurring charming character who's huge in japan and among kirby fans in general

he's not just a generic enemy

any argument made against him can also be applied to :ultyoshi:

he's motherhecking ADORABLE

there done

D

Deleted member

Honestly we haven't even seen anything but a trailer and I already want the Astral Chain dudes to be playable
We haven't even got Joker yet and ya'll already want another Stand user. Smh, Jojo fans are worse than FE fans.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I don't really have an argument for Bandanna dee I just don't like him

I'd be pretty disappointed if he got in. I have high hopes for the DLC being all third party or at the very least, out of left field

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Time for the nightly Piranha Plant argume... oh wait...
Piranha Plant and his Gang started something perfect for this world...no minion shall be left out of Smash contendership

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, are there any generic enemies you guys want in the game?
Shy Guy easily. Also works well as a Yoshi or Paper Mario rep depending how you go about it.

I also tend to like a lot of the mooks in Quest 64 due to very unique designs. But the main one for me is Marionasty/Mad Doll. Puppets with ninja moves including drop kicks, karate chops, and can use earth and wind spells. My big thing about any enemy is how easy they can be made playable. But I also don't find the generic thing bad either. I just see it as another character in a game, due to how writing works. Even a small part is an important part. As long as they're basically some kind of living thing(not necessarily sapient alone), they feel like a character in a game to me. Shy Guy? It's a character you have to go through to get to the end. Those racing games that have cars but no actual driver? I consider them the actual game characters too. I could go on.

That said, a lot lack any character development, and they have barebones characterization in things like their animations, character designs, spells they cast, actions they take, etc. It's so easy to see what they are capable of. Even some 2D sprited enemies can have simplistic dialogue that adds just a little. For a nice example, Dragon Fantasy has ever enemy you defeat have a unique phrase pertaining to them(though I think some were repeated if they were similar kind of enemies). They also had other unique phrases to put a bit more into who they are. It's simple yet effective in building lore and making them feel like they matter to some small degree. Though it does help you can recruit monsters who have actual character names too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't really have an argument for Bandanna dee I just don't like him

I'd be pretty disappointed if he got in. I have high hopes for the DLC being all third party or at the very least, out of left field
Well, I guess this is another example of different Smash fans having different tastes.

Personally, I'd love for BWD to get in, and I think he has way more potential with his spear than people give him credit for. As for nothing but third-parties, I absolutely dread the thought. I know lots of people want them, but I genuinely didn't care for any of the current third-parties aside from Sonic, Mega Man, and to a lesser extent, Pac-Man.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd love it if both of them could make it. It's a win win situation, though I'm more of a Banjo supporter. Considering how friendly Microsoft and Nintendo are nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if they both made it. I like debates as long as they're friendly. Please don't start flame wars just because you hate Minecraft :/
But Minecraft suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

banjo is cool, steve is cool, but we all know who the true microsoft rep is
View attachment 192778
they're in
If I could pick two MS characters, it would be Banjo and Rash. Banjo was big on N64, Rash was big on NES

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My main issue with Bandana Waddle Dee, beyond just preferring other Kirby characters like Magolor, is that the "main draw" people point to for him is that he uses a spear...but like, he has little tiny nubs for arms and his spear isn't even very long. To me the appeal of a spearfighter is their reach, and Dee just doesn't cut it for me.

D

Deleted member

I've never looked at that as a beard until now, haha. I always assumed it was a smile.

Opo, there are two different versions of Steve.

This is the very early one. It did not even make it into alpha. The reason why this one is used so much is because Mojang used it the most for advertising. However, this is not the current Steve look. Steve also was a mob at one point, named "Human". Humans would spawn and do weird stuff.
steve1.png

This one is the current look that Minecraft has been using for a little over a decade.
steve.png

Which one do you prefer?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My main issue with Bandana Waddle Dee, beyond just preferring other Kirby characters like Magolor, is that the "main draw" people point to for him is that he uses a spear...but like, he has little tiny nubs for arms and his spear isn't even very long. To me the appeal of a spearfighter is their reach, and Dee just doesn't cut it for me.
Never took you for a size queen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opo, there are two different versions of Steve.

This is the very early one. It did not even make it into alpha. The reason why this one is used so much is because Mojang used it the most for advertising. However, this is not the current Steve look. Steve also was a mob at one point, named "Human". Humans would spawn and do weird stuff.
View attachment 192782

This one is the current look that Minecraft has been using for a little over a decade.
View attachment 192781

Which one do you prefer?
The one with the smiley face.

D

Deleted member

If you look at Kirby games, the spear reach is actually about 2 Kirbies/Waddle Dees long.
Can you imagine something the size of Kirby with hitboxes bigger than Marth's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom