• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That argument is best left untouched. I’m more interested in which one of us actually started it sense we both seam to be defending ourselves from attack.
If you're defending yourself from everyone, you might be part of the problem.

D

Deleted member

Something wrong

I hold my head

3 free for alls

Elite Smash dead

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Here comes the nightly Banjo v Steve argument but here's my take.

Both deserve to be in but for very different reasons. Banjo is what some would consider a Lost Nintendo Character, A character who at a time was right there alongside Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Yoshi. Banjo was a huge part of the N64 era and was kind of a Nintendo character and he should be reunited with his Nintendo brethren. Plus Banjo is super popular which for that he should be in.

Banjo should be in for 1) His Connection with Nintendo and 2) because he is a Fan-Favorite.

Steve deserves to be in cause he's from one of the biggest Gaming sensations since Tetris which is Minecraft. Minecraft is the biggest indie game of all time and one of the best selling games of all time for that matter and has influenced gaming as a whole. Minecraft is huge in this day and age of Gaming so of course it deserves representation in some way. Minecraft is Iconic. Everybody who's Anybody knows what Minecraft is and it's such a sensation that it's likely not going anywhere in a long, long time.

Steve should be in cause 1) Minecraft is Iconic 2) Minecraft is one the best selling games of all time and 3) Minecraft is the biggest Indie of all time and there's no better way to represent indies than Minecraft in Smash.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
This "Bandana Dee doesn't even have a unique name" argument becomes funny when you remember Bowser's original name.
Just checked Super Mario Wiki on that...
Koopa Troopas in Japanese are called Nokonoko, a word that describes their slowly moving behavior; Bowser wasn't named after them in Japanese. Their being called Koopas in English is after Bowser's JP name.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why is is that when I say why I don’t like a character you guys like I’m objectively wrong. I’m wrong about virtual LEGO man, i’m wrong about hat Goomba, i’m wrong about everyone. When I like a character I’m wrong. Banjo is “dead” Medeus is “boring”. Are you guys just on some eternal quest to make my opinion identical to yours?
I am. The plumber is more boring than Ben Stein’s voice. As are his games.
Because you bash our opinions first, to prove your argument in some way...

It's never "I want Banjo Kazooie", it's always "I hate Minecraft, here's why Banjo Kazooie deserves to be in Smash, more than Steve"

Making statements like that, is only gonna make us more likely to retaliate back...
The plot thiccens. The **** talk and downplaying of different opinions shall continue to take a turn for the worse

Steve is disappointed by this thread.
****ing ew
FF7FAFD5-F003-43B8-BF99-1893914FDFE5.jpeg
34058396-8F3F-426F-87CD-0C8DB68AC526.jpeg
There’s only one minion I want for Smash.
We need more Plant Gang members...and a Goomba/Koopa duo...and definitely Fawful

D

Deleted member

Here comes the nightly Banjo v Steve argument but here's my take.

Both deserve to be in but for very different reasons. Banjo is what some would consider a Lost Nintendo Character, A character who at a time was right there alongside Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Yoshi. Banjo was a huge part of the N64 era and was kind of a Nintendo character and he should be reunited with his Nintendo brethren. Plus Banjo is super popular which for that he should be in.

Banjo should be in for 1) His Connection with Nintendo and 2) because he is a Fan-Favorite.

Steve deserves to be in cause he's from one of the biggest Gaming sensations since Tetris which is Minecraft. Minecraft is the biggest indie game of all time and one of the best selling games of all time for that matter and has influenced gaming as a whole. Minecraft is huge in this day and age of Gaming so of course it deserves representation in some way. Minecraft is Iconic. Everybody who's Anybody knows what Minecraft is and it's such a sensation that it's likely not going anywhere in a long, long time.

Steve should be in cause 1) Minecraft is Iconic 2) Minecraft is one the best selling games of all time and 3) Minecraft is the biggest Indie of all time and there's no better way to represent indies than Minecraft in Smash.
here comes the nightly elma argument but here's my take

1) gun

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There’s only one minion I want for Smash.
I was gonna post a picture of a Minion from Despicable Me, but even I won't stoop that low.
Yeah I’d appreciate it if you didn’t.

We need more Plant Gang members...and a Goomba/Koopa duo...and definitely Fawful
Fawful first.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I'd love it if both of them could make it. It's a win win situation, though I'm more of a Banjo supporter. Considering how friendly Microsoft and Nintendo are nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if they both made it. I like debates as long as they're friendly. Please don't start flame wars just because you hate Minecraft :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, are there any generic enemies you guys want in the game?
Shy Guy would honestly be great. Not only is it my favorite generic enemy, but there are so many variations to draw inspiration from.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how Steve's pants have dark knees.

It makes him look like the chad that he is.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I always assumed it was a v-neck shirt and not a beard.

Hell, I still don't see it as a beard...
We don't mean the pattern on the shirt, Steve actually has had two different versions of his face texture over the years, one with a beard and one without.
(I, like a lot of people, saw the beard on the bearded version as a :] face for a long time, though, ahaha...)

Edit: partially :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that is a v-neck. The confusion comes from whether that dark brown thing on his face is a beard or a smile. I always saw it as a beard.
I've never looked at that as a beard until now, haha. I always assumed it was a smile.

:]

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
y
Actually, are there any generic enemies you guys want in the game?
I'd be down with literally anyone from Kirby, with only one exception.

Also, i'm not sure if they count as generic enemies, but a random Robot Master/Maverick would be cool to see. They're a major part of the Megaman series, so a represenative of them would be fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom