• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

to be fair, you are quite young, and optimism is a lot easier when you have no job or responsibilities outside of school
Not saying you're completely wrong or anything, but optimism isn't always the best course of action
Optimism does work out for the most part. Optimism is far better than pessimism.

If you were about to die in Mars and you were the first one to hop foot on it, what would your crew like to hear?

"We are all going to die."

"We have made an outstanding achievement, and it was worth it!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's see... where to start?

I got my first paycheck from the new job today, but I didn't get to really keep any of it due to bills. I couldn't even get the things I really wanted and by the time I get my next check they'll probably be sold out.

I'm feeling kind of sick today.

And lastly, and worst...

My mother is a hypocrite. She tells me to "take pride in my appearance" but when I finally decide to start doing that by shaving off my body hair (in an effort to be more feminine) she tells me I'm doing it wrong and that I'm "listening to Satan's lies."

Like, this is my body. I don't think having nasty, greasy, "manly" hair makes me look attractive, so I wanna get rid of it. She even laughed at me when I told her I wanted to buy Nair for Men, a hair removal product.
Tell her that the general trend of people shaving excess body hair has led to pubic crabs becoming almost extinct. It's true, too. Fun fact.

So, Ephraim.
Weirdly Ephraim wouldn't even be my first pick for a Fire Emblem spearfighter lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tell her that the general trend of people shaving excess body hair has led to pubic crabs becoming almost extinct. It's true, too. Fun fact.

Weirdly Ephraim wouldn't even be my first pick for a Fire Emblem spearfighter lol.
Yes, clearly it'd be Mr. Pasta-head.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ugh she sounds like she suuucks

Does she know you're trans? If she does then it's pretty disrespectful of her to say **** like that, and if she doesn't then you probably have your reasons not to tell her and she seems like a transphobe anyways so that's probably your reason

Just try not to let the **** she says get to you, but if it does then you can always vent here

tbh what they did to ike's nair is essentially making it a nair for men, that **** covers half of battlefield and combos into anything it's a bit ridiculous
She does not know that I am a trans woman. To her, I am still her "precious son."

*sigh* And she'll never get over it when she finds out. I just want to live my life as the beautiful girl I've always been on the inside, and marry my girlfriend; and be one of our childrens' mommies. Is that so much to ask?

That really sucks, partner. It's like you said, it's your body. Do what you want with it. Don't let her get to you.

nasty, greasy, "manly" hair
I'm hairy as heck and i'm feeling so attacked right now
I don't mean it like that; I mean that's what my hair felt like to me.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You all should consider being optimistic
Life can be rough ( I have been there ), but being optimistic always helps put in a better mood.
Ah yes and yoga will cure depression as well
Sometimes you just can't be optimistic. I applaud the fact that you yourself are able to, but sometimes, you simply cannot bring yourself to be.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have lots of hair.

I am a manly man.

I have hair on my arms.

The kids I teach are young enough to think it makes me like a dog.

I don't know how to feel about that.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh my I had too much strawberry moscato wine tonight. It is goodthough.

D

Deleted member

You all should consider being optimistic
Life can be rough ( I have been there ), but being optimistic always helps put in a better mood.
Sometimes people just can't be optimistic, Depression for example no matter how much you try you just CAN'T be Optimistic you're kind of trapped in a Depressed, Sad mindset which is why I'm not usually Optimistic myself.

Optimism can help from time to time and it is more comfortable to be Optimistic but for a good chunk of the population it's hard being Optimistic. Even without depression sometimes life just sucks and no matter how hard you want to be optimistic you just can't due to your current circumstances being depressing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's see... where to start?

I got my first paycheck from the new job today, but I didn't get to really keep any of it due to bills. I couldn't even get the things I really wanted and by the time I get my next check they'll probably be sold out.

I'm feeling kind of sick today.

And lastly, and worst...

My mother is a hypocrite. She tells me to "take pride in my appearance" but when I finally decide to start doing that by shaving off my body hair (in an effort to be more feminine) she tells me I'm doing it wrong and that I'm "listening to Satan's lies."

Like, this is my body. I don't think having nasty, greasy, "manly" hair makes me look attractive, so I wanna get rid of it. She even laughed at me when I told her I wanted to buy Nair for Men, a hair removal product.
Man, that sucks to hear. :c

*hugs*

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Transphobes deserve to be in jail and out of the internet forever, that is what.
A lot of transphobes have internalized issues. Some of them are trans deep down.
Instead of jail, I think we should try to educate them and fix their way of thinking. It's really just a symptom of a huge issue in society.
I mean, if they commit a physical hate crime, that's a different story entirely though.

D

Deleted member

A lot of transphobes have internalized issues. Some of them are trans deep down.
Instead of jail, I think we should try to educate them and fix their way of thinking. It's really just a symptom of a huge issue in society.
I mean, if they commit a physical hate crime, that's a different story entirely though.
I agree, I think I went too far there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Than what do we do?
As the magic conch once said, "nothing".

Because you likely won't change their conservative hearts, nor should you punish them for their lack of a change. We really do live in a society.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Than what do we do?
Be nice to them and try to change them for the better.

I'm sure Sabrina would much prefer her mom understanding her even if its just a little bit more, then being sent to jail.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Going back to Paper Mario, I was thinking about him having a partner mechanic similar to Rosalina and they could swap around depending on the move, what partners and their abilities do you guys think could be worked into his moveset?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still, it should be illegal to be a transphobe.
It's legal to be racist. Free speech is a common thing, and it's why people like the KKK can demonstrate in public places, usually backed up by police.

Whether it's right or wrong, we should respect it (not their beliefs, but they're ability to believe) as long as they aren't committing actual crimes in the process. Otherwise it would be unconstitutional, since we're both strapping Americanos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You all remind me of my teachers.
"Kiddo, you have much yet to learn." :ultmetaknight:
Be nice to them and try to change them for the better.

I'm sure Sabrina would much prefer her mom understanding her even if its just a little bit more, then being sent to jail.
That is a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom