• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Make it known that stuff like that isn't welcome, but on a personal level rather then a "jail or death" level
This.

Just saying "Hey, you're being a **** here, please stop" works a lot better then trying to lecture them about why its wrong.

Adults are adults.

Adults hate lectures.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
GO BACK TO STEVE VS BANJO, QUICK!
I’m trying to go back to Paper Mario!
Going back to Paper Mario, I was thinking about him having a partner mechanic similar to Rosalina and they could swap around depending on the move, what partners and their abilities do you guys think could be worked into his moveset?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Going back to Paper Mario, I was thinking about him having a partner mechanic similar to Rosalina and they could swap around depending on the move, what partners and their abilities do you guys think could be worked into his moveset?
I would really love that but I think it's too complex. There are no Smash characters that complex for a reaosn, it's simply not practical.
I think using partners for various moves works, but not the swapping gimmick I see a lot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just saying "Hey, you're being a **** here, please stop" works a lot better then trying to lecture them about why its wrong.
One man's wrong is another man's right, however. People tend to be conservative.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No Noipoi, we have to make sure everyone here knows that the uninformed should in fact not be murdered
Yeah, saying the equivalent of "let's rid of everyone who doesn't believe what i believe" is a no-go. Reminds me of the Crusades.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I forgot to send you all a drawing of Marin from Link's Awakening!
20190215_233021.jpg
I should be asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One man's wrong is another man's right, however. People tend to be conservative.
Most people don't see themselves as evil.

Most people do not want to be seen as ***** or mean people.

In most IRL situations, people will get the hint that they are setting themselves up as the villain, even if they're screaming something else on the inside.

Most people, regardless of how nice they are, don't want to lose social status over something like that.

Not really a morality thing. We could argue morals for days and get nowhere.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Most people don't see themselves as evil.

Most people do not want to be seen as ***** or mean people.

In most IRL situations, people will get the hint that they are setting themselves up as the villain, even if they're screaming something else on the inside.

Most people, regardless of how nice they are, don't want to lose social status over something like that.

Not really a morality thing. We could argue morals for days and get nowhere.
mmmmmm, reminds me of the crusa- wait i already said that

D

Deleted member

Hmm, Robin KINDA does this where he swaps out a whole buncha different tomes or his sword depending on him move, and so does Shulk with his Arts... combining that with Rosa's Luma gimmick would be VERY unique, I would love to see it!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I would really love that but I think it's too complex. There are no Smash characters that complex for a reaosn, it's simply not practical.
I think using partners for various moves works, but not the swapping gimmick I see a lot.
I meant more of an automatic swap in and out, not changing moves depending on a partner you change to, like say maybe having Goombella multibounce for a down throw or the mini Yoshi spit the opponent out for a forward or back throw, and it wouldn’t be for every move as Mario himself still has a lot of unique moves to pull from.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I meant more of an automatic swap in and out, not changing moves depending on a partner you change to, like say maybe having Goombella multibounce for a down throw or the mini Yoshi spit the opponent out for a forward or back throw, and it wouldn’t be for every move as Mario himself still has a lot of unique moves to pull from.
That was what I was getting at actually. That you just use specific partners for specific moves.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I would love for my mom to just accept me as her daughter and not tell me that I'm going to hell over my actions.

I like to think I'm an upstanding, good person, and it's not like I turned my back on my faith. I just have my doubts over which parts are truly God-inspired and which ones man made up.

D

Deleted member

I would love for my mom to just accept me as her daughter and not tell me that I'm going to hell over my actions.

I like to think I'm an upstanding, good person, and it's not like I turned my back on my faith. I just have my doubts over which parts are truly God-inspired and which ones man made up.
I hope your mom learns to accept that you are her daughter. You are a good person.

D

Deleted member

Is it just me, or has there been a surge of those cringey ‘Noob, Pro, Hacker,’ Minecraft videos?
I think there has been

Speaking of minecraft I’m starting to think minecraft is leak bait or a mii costume because who even knows that Steve was in a test build in August while joker wasn’t in development state when he was revealed?

D

Deleted member

Honestly it's always ****ing religon

It's the reason my parents were ****ty to me, and I'm willing to bet it's the reason most LGBT people who have ****ty parents get **** on

And it's not like religon is inherently a bad thing, but when it preaches that people are going to hell or commiting some sort of sin for just ****ing existing then it becomes a problem tbh

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

if your mom is really obsessed with her faith, tell her you're an atheist, and THEN tell her you're trans. She'll be so distracted by the first thing, that the coming out won't even bother her

D

Deleted member

if your mom is really obsessed with her faith, tell her you're an atheist, and THEN tell her you're trans. She'll be so distracted by the first thing, that the coming out won't even bother her
modern problems require modern solutions

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I uh...

I think she'd take it better if she said she wasn't atheist.

I mean, let's not lie, she said she is religious still.

D

Deleted member

It always bugs me when people support Trump.
Trump is a white supremacist who hates LGBTQ and promotes any form of racism.
I heavily dislike Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Of course, I'm also afraid she won't accept my girlfriend as my wife do to her being a Mormon.
Not to discredit anyone's religion but mormons are WILD. The very end of the bible, like the last bit says:
"If any man shall at unto these pages, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book" (Rev 22:19)

Mormons read that and were like, "yeah this **** needs a sequel"

D

Deleted member

WHOA WHOA WHOA NOW WE'RE STEPPING INTO WILD TERRITORY BOY THIS HERE POST AT MIDNIGHT ON A SATURDAY? TARNATION BOY
I tend to get political. I like being in deep thought, imagining, calculating and strategizing.

To be fair, I put a spoiler in.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Off-topic but (but better than the current topic) I just true 100%'ed Pikmin 3!

Took me forever to get all platinum + all co-op platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom