• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
How I personally would do Paper Mario's Special Moves are

B: Hammer
Side B: Kooper
Up B: Airplane
Down B: Vivian
Final Smash: Peach Beam

I'd say that'd be perfect. A blend of his signature moves and partners from his first two games.
Man I'm so glad such a perfect and unique moveset with tons of call-backs will never be realized in Smash!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let's change the subject, shall we? Here's a Topic, Who do you main or are planning to main in Ultimate and why?

I personally have three mains, I main Wolf cause I like his Playstyle and the flow of the Character, Wario cause he's my favorite Mario Character and is such a quirky character who I think is hilarious, and Dedede cause he's my freaking boy. Dedede's playstyle I like, his theme is an absolute Banger and I like his personality.
:ultkrool::ultbowser::ultridley:

I don't intend to change that. Out of the three though King K. Rool is the one I play as the most because crocodiles are my favorite animals.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, that's a complete topic change straying away from the original point that Trump has qualities that can perceived by some as being hateful specifically to minority groups, but go off

C'mon now this is the social thread past midnight let's have some #fun
You know what fine it's political debate time at least this country is having its stock market boom not to mention illegal immigration is down. and it's not like he's going out of his way to insult those people and every new president is going to cause controversy. so is this just gonna happen for eternity or are we just gonna let our presidents do there job?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Let's change the subject, shall we? Here's a Topic, Who do you main or are planning to main in Ultimate and why?

I personally have three mains, I main Wolf cause I like his Playstyle and the flow of the Character, Wario cause he's my favorite Mario Character and is such a quirky character who I think is hilarious, and Dedede cause he's my freaking boy. Dedede's playstyle I like, his theme is an absolute Banger and I like his personality.
Asking "Why do babies cry?" is a tougher question to answer than "Why does Zinith main Yoshi?"

D

Deleted member

Down Special could send off either of the bomb partners or could summon Vivian for a flame punch Up Special is obv parakarry Side Special kick out either of the koopa partners

No **** u talk about paper mario
But I don't want to talk about Paper Mario.. I don't even have any interesting thoughts about him. He should've gotten in a long time ago but that's hardly a Hot take. so Nah, Chief that topic doesn't do anything for me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know what fine it's political debate time at least this country is having its stock market boom not to mention illegal immigration is down. and it's not like he's going out of his way to insult those people and every new president is going to cause controversy. so is this just gonna happen for eternity or are we just gonna let our presidents do there job?
It's actually not go check the rules we shouldn't discuss politics in here nice try tho

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How I personally would do Paper Mario's Special Moves are

B: Hammer
Side B: Kooper
Up B: Airplane
Down B: Vivian
Final Smash: Peach Beam

I'd say that'd be perfect. A blend of his signature moves and partners from his first two games.
I think his main method of attacking would be his hammer and would be part of most of his moveset, especially some of the badge abilities.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Discussing Paper Mario and Geno moveset concepts makes me feel like a mother who tragically lost her child picturing how his future would've gone in a movie

D

Deleted member

Here is a screenshot of my Minecraft character in my Hardcore world:
2019-02-16_00.49.23.png

I do not care if you say "That is not how airpods work Shiny."

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Who’s gonna expect remakes of these?
I love how in the thumbnail to the Second video link looks like his BOTW version with the Tunic looking like its blue and the hair being in a similar style and without the cap er, looking like he isn't wearing his cap.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So lets say Ultimate wasn't "EVERYONE IS HERE!"

How do you guys think the roster would look with veterans and newcomers?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
What was it?

Wait, if you mean King Koopa, bear in mind the species of the mook is the Koopa Troopa. "Koopa" is just shorthand for the entire line which Bowser is part of. :V

EDIT: And that ONLY Bowser is "Koopa" in the original Japanese. Not the Troopas. They are Nokonokos :V.
I scrolled past this and thought you were talking about me lol..

D

Deleted member

Eh... I'm done this what the political debate threads for no harm done?

D

Deleted member

Eh... I'm done this what the political debate threads for no harm done?
Oof.....

D

Deleted member

I need an IRL best friend, and I just feel like I am not ready yet.
Honestly, I like being alone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So lets say Ultimate wasn't "EVERYONE IS HERE!"

How do you guys think the roster would look with veterans and newcomers?
A bunch of veterans most likely wouldn't have made it had it not been for it, like Pichu, Young Link, Roy, and Dr. Mario for their derivative moves, but higher resource drain and Cloud because Squeenix negotiations were difficult.

Newcomers I could see making the cut would be Rex/Elma and Springman for sure, perhaps some of the more popular assist trophies, and at most one more 3rd party.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
SCREW ALL YA'LL WUSSES

We can talk politics as long as we behave.

Ignore the fact that I called you wusses. :4roy:

In fact I'll try to create a nuanced argument right here and now.

Border control is good. We should have borders and they should be patrolled. People should need to go through the official channels to move to another country. It helps keep everyone safe. Illegal immigration is a problem for a large number of reasons.

However, our current border patrol is kind of a mess and for the most part, I don't blame the border patrol guys. They're horribly understaffed and underfunded for what they have to do. Moreover, the whole system is a mess. Just look at a space where families are trying to enter the country legally. ****'s dangerous cause there's too many people cramped up in a small room. Innocent people trying to enter the country are hurt. The space should be significantly bigger and better staffed with at least some comforts to ease the long wait. More agents too. Just... make it better in general. The current state is just sad. And yes, this should be applied to the Canadian border too.

That said... the wall is stupid... It won't work and the only benefit is that it'll make potential jobs. If people aren't gonna let an ocean stop them, they won't let a simple wall stop them. It's more of a middle finger to the idea of immigration then anything actually intended to solve the problem or make the situation better. It's a political ploy. Not something Trump thinks is an actual solution. It's why he hasn't actually started it yet.

I do think that mass deportation at this point is worthless. Sure, deporting a convicted criminal (ya know, like a murderer) is probably the best idea, but at this point, this late into the game, its impossible to actually deport every illegal immigrant. It's barely enforced now as it is. Moreover, even if you somehow do manage to kick out all illegal immigrants, you've shattered millions of families and wrecked the economy. It's not worth it.

I do dislike sanctuary cities on principle though. The idea of a city essentially denying state and federal law is a big no no to me. Regardless of the intent. Sets a dangerous precedent. I'd rather the law be changed instead of a city just saying "nah."

At this point, I'd redo border control entirely and improve the system. Make it more efficient both in letting people in legally and preventing illegal entry. Then, give every illegal immigrant a chance to become a legal one at like a DMV or something. They're here and contributing, might as well make them official at this point. It isn't a perfect idea by any means, but its something.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Cut Characters :ultcorrin::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultbrawler::ultsnake::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultsquirtle:
New characters all current ones + Ashley Isaac Shadow Dixie Kong and Waluigi
Why tf would Corrin and WFT be cut
Both are incredibly unique and represent popular games
WFT especially is a fan favorite
The Mii's also have no reason to be removed

On top of this why would any of those newcomers be added? You're just listing the popular choices of this cycle that didn't make it in.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oh boy, politics. Ya'll probably figured what mine are by the picture of Simo Häyhä on my profile (as of February 2019 to anyone reading in the future) but that's where I believe we all ought to leave it on... you know.. a SMASH BROS VIDEO GAME FORUM.

Edit. Dotted the A's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom