• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sigh... I don't want to have to learn new chars... Wolv's going to be nerfed so I need to quickly find out the next top tier!

Vermy

Smash Champion
SO EXCITE.

Strider ftw!!!! Strider, Wesker and Dormammu gonna tear sh** up!

Ghost Rider looks pretty sweet too. And Firebrand looks like he has good rushdown and has a self OTG.

Vermy

Smash Champion
They need to work over X-factor. It scales some characters stats WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much and too many characters miss out on a speed boost altogether. EG. X-factor Sentinel hits like a truck on fire and moves like one to boot, but Hulk and Thor only get a damage boost. Equality. This game needs it.

Also, aerial X-factor confirmed, but it looks as though only as a cancel from a connected attack to continue a combo.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
might pick this up and play as pw
then he'll be low tier and i'll stop or end up like plasia

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
you have to play 2 others aswell, 3 man teams dekar

5 bucks says you play for 15 mins, say the game is **** while you get stomped, then never play again

Vermy

Smash Champion
Venom and Megaman X rumoured as DLC in the same way Jill and Shuma were for MvC3.

Wolverine has a couple big nerfs. Relaunch after divekick doesn't work, Berzerker Slash is no longer invincible and is now much slower. DIE LOGAN, DIE.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ty, I'll be here all week. ;)

On a side note, Yoshimitsu, Steve Fox, Dhalsim and Poison confirmed for SFxT.
Pre-op or post-op Poison, let the mass debate begin.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
So hyped for this. Can't wait! Loving those nerfs on Phoenix and Wolverine.

Vlade

Social Outcast
The Tron nerfs were totally uncalled for, the Gustaff flame assist and j.C was all she had going for her aside from her combos and apart from that she's a **** character. Now her niche as an assist seems like it's over, and what was her only way of getting in is now difficult to combo off of.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
The assist needed a nerf, now people can stop using it as a get out of jail free card >_>

j.C didn't need a huge nerf I agree, but that assist was just plain ********, at least you could punish haggar's by hitting him low, with Tron it was just complete armour zzz

Vlade

Social Outcast
The thing is, Tron has nothing else so why take away the only thing she was useful for?

I hate playing against Tron assist but I'd rather she had SOMETHING good about her than nothing at all lol. People that used Tron assist essentially made it a 2v3 fight, and that's not really viable anymore because if you kill their first character, then touch the second, you can just activate x-factor, kill the second character, and then they're just left with ****ty Tron who can't do anything.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
so annoyied they haven't released rest of events yet >.>
i want my 100% titles.
-,- missing the events that aren't there and jill trial 10.
jills 10 is 2 hard @_@ ffs

Pete278

Smash Lord
I came here expecting mad about a new MvC3 coming out so soon, and was pleasantly surprised.

Also Strange doesn't actually have an 8-way airdash, so he's no Mags in terms of playstyle.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Capcom said they want to make UMvC3 less about precise execution and more about strategies and tactics.
mvc3 had precise execution?

Magneto was made slower, to make him less of an in-your-face character who's constantly rushing down. In the comics Magneto attacks with his powers instead of punching people in the face and changes were made to bring him more in line with this.
in the comics shuma gorath could kill everyone in a second. **** this marketing vs capcom 3 ****, stop taking it up the *** from marvel and letting them put in chars from upcoming movies.

Top Bottom