• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

S l o X

Smash Champion
Are most tournaments PS or Xbox?

I'm probably gonna buy a pad over a stick because I'm poor and don't really like controller. (haven't tried pad but I think I can get used to it regardless)

In either case, PS3 pads are more expensive too but I could always just buy a separate one. (The only two people I play with play on XBOX)

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Made some adjustments/ upgrades to my team.

Nova (a)/ Spiderman (a)/ Ammy (b)

I'm losing my confidence with anchor Spiderman. I don't have enough skill for it really. But hey, focusing more on Nova/ Cold Star synergy has made ranking up pretty free.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
soooo

i get to enter NCR haha

my friend who pre-registered can no longer come so i get to take his spot

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well my gameplay will very likely not get streamed. i'm not that good. unless somehow my pool is the one that gets streamed.

my friend whose place i am taking goes by thanatos, and the strong players in the pool are honzo gonzo and infrit.
http://ncrx.challonge.com/umvc3_pool_i

perhaps you'll see my face cheering in the crowd, though.

DUB

Smash Lord
Are there any ways to get level 4 frank without using characters that have the "form" supers (Wolverine/Dante/Ryu)? I want to use shopping cart with some other people but they don't really have ways to get frank to 4 that I know of.

I think Nova can get Frank to level 4 without a form super. If you can't find a way using the supers, maybe using assists like Dante Jam Session (which can net you 2 snapshots) can help you out.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Are there any ways to get level 4 frank without using characters that have the "form" supers (Wolverine/Dante/Ryu)? I want to use shopping cart with some other people but they don't really have ways to get frank to 4 that I know of.
Rocket Raccoon's Rock N Roll Super does 50-70 hits or so, you can DHC with Frank (Survival Tools) out of the last hit that causes the opponent to spin in the air very slowly, and then have plenty of time to take a snapshot. The Log trap assist can allow two snapshots if you haven't used a wall bounce yet. You can also DHC Rockey's Spring Trap (AKA Mad Hopper) out of Survival Tools (only when the opponent is sent very high before Frank does his last hit), Tag Frank Back in, Snapshot and Survival Tools again, repeat.

Ammy has a slow down Super which can be used the same way as the RR/Frank Mad Hopper/Survival Tools loop.

Chris can combo out out of his Flamethrower now which gives him many hits, near the end of a combo use Flamethrower, then cancel launcher out of it and immediatly arieal exchange into Frank. When Frank's on point you can get 10 extra hits from Chris' gunfire assist by doing this combo: cr.lmh, s, air.mmhs, Assist + Survival Tools H, cr. H, s, ect.

If you have Frank on point with RR's Log Trap and Chris' Gunfire as your assists, its possible to do a combo that gets Frank to level 4 with no meter or TAC.

DUB

Smash Lord
Rocket Raccoon's Rock N Roll Super does 50-70 hits or so, you can DHC with Frank (Survival Tools) out of the last hit that causes the opponent to spin in the air very slowly, and then have plenty of time to take a snapshot. The Log trap assist can allow two snapshots if you haven't used a wall bounce yet. You can also DHC Rockey's Spring Trap (AKA Mad Hopper) out of Survival Tools (only when the opponent is sent very high before Frank does his last hit), Tag Frank Back in, Snapshot and Survival Tools again, repeat.

Ammy has a slow down Super which can be used the same way as the RR/Frank Mad Hopper/Survival Tools loop.

Chris can combo out out of his Flamethrower now which gives him many hits, near the end of a combo use Flamethrower, then cancel launcher out of it and immediatly arieal exchange into Frank. When Frank's on point you can get 10 extra hits from Chris' gunfire assist by doing this combo: cr.lmh, s, air.mmhs, Assist + Survival Tools H, cr. H, s, ect.

If you have Frank on point with RR's Log Trap and Chris' Gunfire as your assists, its possible to do a combo that gets Frank to level 4 with no meter or TAC.
This is intredasting. Gonna try this with Ammy.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Sanchaz when you wanna play?

Doing missions has messed up my execution in some areas but I'm working back into shape. In other news I played Brightside online. I quit out 1-4 (beat him first try in ranked :troll:). Despite some small lag I'd say the matches were fairly won.

But I'm convinced that I'm REALLY need a better team setup now.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Doing missions has messed up my execution in some areas but I'm working back into shape. In other news I played Brightside online. I quit out 1-4 (beat him first try in ranked :troll:). Despite some small lag I'd say the matches were fairly won.

Put spiderman on point and make a new team. Either that or make a team based around your nova. Spiderman is hurting the current team you have right now. You have no real good DHC's into him and the assist is useless besides a few gimmicky resets. Also Ammy doesn't really add to spidermans combo abilities so you'll be stuck with comboing maximum spider which is terrible. Just my 2cents

sanchaz

Smash Lord

add dasboot42. Whats your psn?

Whenever, I don't really have a plan to be online.

zero/dante/phoenix. and yes I use meter for the lightning loop. good luck :)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nova/frank are like best buds, instant level 5 frank off of any nova hit

also, please for the love of god, use spiderman on point, he's got terrible assists and he's pretty nasty on point (especially since he can run away from all bull**** in the beginning), and nova actually has 2 usable assists

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I think Nova can get Frank to level 4 without a form super. If you can't find a way using the supers, maybe using assists like Dante Jam Session (which can net you 2 snapshots) can help you out.
It can net you two snap shots and a Servbot helmet reset. Which will do over 1,115,000 damage lol.

Meaning you would,

Frank

Cr. H, S, J.m, J.m, J.h, Air QCF H, Land, Cr. H, S, J.m, j.m, j.h, S, Dante assist, Snap Shot, Snap Shot, Wait a bit, ServBot Helmet, Spin Stick, QCFH, St. m, Cr. H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S or Down H, Snap Shot or DP H, Tools of Survival, Dante Devil Trigger or Million Dollars, If opt with Devil Trigger, Hard tag in Frank, Buffer Assist with Dante, Roll, Jump Down H, Snap Shot

You should be Level 4 or 5. I don't remember.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
nova/frank are like best buds, instant level 5 frank off of any nova hit
Nova/Frank is just silly. You can't get hit by Nova at all or else its over. Now if only Rocky could gain a meter in one combo my team would be much better.

He can however, except it requires the boulder trap loop and just forget it when playing online.

Instead I sometimes make somebody else go on point first (Wesker,Hulk, or Chris), make them get a meter or at least a half, then raw tag RR back in (from anchor spot), land a single combo for Level 4 Frank.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I can't find any videos of strider players, i watched some clockwork but there wasnt a lot of him.

Also any zero/vergil videos would be dope also

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Yeah so only someone with stronger assist can beat me consistently.

I'm hardheaded, yet I keep winning and so I don't have to be High Lord w/ top tiers to express my superiority with this game over 90% of online.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
How do you beat Lv.4 Frank and Frank with Nova?
Don't let Nova touch you. Get a hit and snap Frank in, then kill Frank while he's still at level 1.

Or, just kill Nova, and save Frank for last and instead kill his anchor first.

Dealing with Level 4 Frank, it'd be best to have characters who can counter, such as Ammy, Wesker, Tasky, because his air M is predictable. It's predictable because you normally can't beat it. Avoid using supers while he's on the ground, you won't win. If you do get a hit, pop X-factor to get rid of him in one combo.

Thats all I can really say, I've foughten a good Nova/Frank/Hawkeye team before, its not fun.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Yeah so only someone with stronger assist can beat me consistently.

I'm hardheaded, yet I keep winning and so I don't have to be High Lord w/ top tiers to express my superiority with this game over 90% of online.
None of my assists compare with cold star :)

Also cold star is really good so...

double double

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man even with high execution, strider's combos are very low damage without using a level 3.

i feel like he needs a legit assist, and he has to reset the opponent quite a few times until he can build 3 bars for ragnarok or orbs.

anyway, spencer is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good in this game. after watching all the legit spencer players at NCR, i feel that he is the strongest character that doesn't need some sort of setup. bionic arm is -god-like-

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
rofl

at ncr, i think it was knives who threw a fireball against a spencer who used bionic arm. he did a dp because he thought spencer would go through the fireball, but the fireball stopped bionic arm and he got punished for the dp instead

idk how to stop spencer from getting in still

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
depending on what assist, i'd say it's still a good idea to air grab him? idk it seems like it'd be easy to tech throw that. but then at least you're in his face

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
When does bionic arm get invincibility and when does the hitbox come out? I usually use it as a counter type hyper because it seems to beat everything when it first comes out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
idk people seem to do it on wakeup a lot, and it's invincible right after the flash. idk what frame it comes out on though

Top Bottom