• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, Sentinel's still amazing.
Not a character I would be using, but still...

I've been working toward using Akuma technically though. :X

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Akuma is more stupid than Sent is at this point and they dumbed down Sent a lot.

They're both still looking pretty good in Ultimate

Savon

Smash Ace
Why the hell does Superskrull not have an 8 way AIRDASH or flightmode? He has the powers of the human torch dammit. And his level 3 should be like x-23

:phone:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Actually, if you wanna get really mad, Super Skrull has superior powers than, and exceeds the original Fantastic Four.

So, you go tell Capcom that.

cutter

Smash Champion
I recently dropped Sent for Wesker on my team (Ammy-B/MODOK-B/Sent-A). Not only do I get the Dark Wesker factor with XF3, but Wesker is just that much better than Sent that it's insane.

Ammy likes Wesker's assist when she's in the disc stance, and MODOK likes it for unblockables.

That being said, I still think Sent is good. He gets beaten pretty bad a lot, but he has the random factor to help him steal games when he's on point. Obviously the drones are one of the best assists in the game.

His cr.M now getting three points of super armor is just insane. It's also a lot faster.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
loooooooooooooool

I love SS but come on.

We need the Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman up in here*

*Ideal situation is all four of them, but that's not gonna happen. If you can only have less than four, then you go for the pairs inside the pair, either Reed and Susan or Ben and Johnny, and since Johnny is dead and Marvel doesn't seem to like him anymore....

Savon

Smash Ace
Send forth the *****s. Sir Arthur will SLAY them. Ha haaaa! What good form!!! I didn't even have to beat you twice!

:phone:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Sentinel's cr M getting 3 hits of super armor really doesn't help him that much... Sentinel's st. M is way more important because it covers one of his biggest weaknesses (his size).

Also, the drones being a true blockstring is a nerf, not a buff...it means the drones are on the screen for less time (meaning less time for mixups/keep away and the time gap between when the drones leave the screen and when you can call sent again is longer) *and* it means that you can't go for crossups while the drones are out, because left/right blocking is irrelevant during true blockstrings.

The true blockstring thing+the lack of ability to combo rocketpunch-->HSF from a standard combo makes me kinda sad about sentinel in ultimate, to be honest.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I've seen Rocket Punch to HSF work though... Unless it can only be used in specific situations.
"...off a standard combo". He can still do it off throws, and other situations where there is next to no hit stun deterioration. TK rocket punch to Hard Drive is probably going to be the new standard, but the issue with that is that midscreen its a bit finnicky. It's very specifically height dependent, and because of that sometimes you'll see people pop out of hard drive for no apparent reason. Oh well...

/doom seems ******** in ultimate

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea they left plasma storm in~

Still I liked to do magic series, rocket punch, sentinel force, into the hardrive loop. That was awesome! Looks like I can only do that off a normal rocket punch or throw now, if the spacing is right.

ALSOOOO
ROCKET RACOOOON. PHOENIX WRIGHT! SHOW EEMMMMMMMM

TL?

Smash Ace
Well, plasma storm is sent's mashable hyper which means it probably outdamages HSF now, making it the better choice anyways. If you want to link multiple hypers use hard drive(if that still works).

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
^I already explained what I don't like about hard drive -.-

@Chok... storm is pretty godlike, people just don't know ^__^ /plays MSS; okay... not godlike, but underrated >_>

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
anyone peep nerdjosh getting blown up by a random nobody (Who just so happens to be a good friend of mine) on henry cens stream sunday night showdown#7

Top Bottom