• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO NEMESIS!!!

man i can't believe i missed that event

it was at SF's south town arcade so close to my school -_-

_Dice

Smash Ace
So when Nemesis does his "I aint' even mad super" Just take your hands of all the buttons and hold the control stick.
I think command grab supers would work on it as they work on super armor moves.

as well as counter (grabs) like ammy (maybe)

_Dice

Smash Ace
Well, if two nemesis swing at each other I wonder what would happen, also, if a cut scene super hits will it go through?
likely the same thing that happens when two hulks heavy eachother. they take damage but no hitstun though if nemesis every blindly does that super vs another nemesis you just wait a second then use it back and the 2nd person wins.

Savon

Smash Ace
I can understand Phoenix/Deadpool, but what does Chun-Li bring to the table with your team? Chun-Li is the only character in the game I have NEVER touched since I got the game right when it came out.

I am super curious

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Deadpool supplements Chun-Li's lack of self-OTG, so I can continue comboing with her off air throws to build huge amounts of meter. Her Tenshokyaku assist is also a decent anti-air and prevents people from approaching me recklessly at the start of a match.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why use chun?

use tron if that's what you want, doesn't scale anywhere close to as hard and you'll have a much, MUCH easier time following it up

same could be said about haggar, dante, almost any other GTFO/anti-air assist in the game

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Chun-Li's fun to use and she fills her role on my team nicely. Dante's long combos are probably the only thing that come close to building as much meter as she does. I keep throwing out supers like a madman and I still hit level five.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How much meter can Chun Li build? And if you had the execution, Dante and Mags are the best at building meter. Tron can build at least two bars also but it's hard to open some characters up with her.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
How much meter can Chun Li build? And if you had the execution, Dante and Mags are the best at building meter.
Thiiiiiiis.

Seriously, learning Magneto offers you a lot of meter, that, and he's a great character for opening people up.

Of course, if you have Chun on because you have a lot of fun playing her, than go ahead, it's not like she's a bad character, just know if it's meter building you want, Magneto is a reeeeeeeeeeally good character for it.

Also, who was watching the iplaywinner stream/videos of it and saw Yipes play? I didn't know he was so good at Marvel 3

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
DP is always fighting a race against time. IF dark pheonix wants to run out her own X factor and drain her own life down to 1 then it's still a win for hsien ko. since after all you just have to have 1 bar left by the time it gets to that point and the game is a free win.

but seriously having gold armor right before last hit to kill pheonix to send her into DP and then go kill her ignoring the uncontrollable explosion is free as well.

seriously though hsien ko forces pheonix to try to die far away out of a combo (and preferably in the air) and then if pheonix succeeds hsien ko can X factor and scare the crap out of pheonix with gold armor and if DP tries to run until it's safe again Hsien ko just waits her out and does some fun stuff like laughing when DPs X factor runs out and her health begins to drain to 0. and then when the health is at minimum hsien ko gold armors and starts throwing stuff and throwing out big hitboxes and a single bit of chip damage ends the game.

pheonix beats hsien ko.

hsien ko beats DP pretty badly if played right.

This makes no sense at all. DP is hardly ever fighting against time since most matches against DP's are frantic races to kill her before 5 meters. If anything time is generally always on her side by the time DP pops. Hsien Ko gets no speed boost in X-factor so she has no mix up potential. She literally only has a semi-fast hi-low but that's about it. Try mixing up someone who actually knows how to block and Hsien Ko won't ever touch a DP.

Also in this scenario you have to take into account both of them popping X-factor at the same time. If Hsien Ko doesn't do this Phoenix chips her out for free. Since both X-factors run out at the same time only thing Hsien Ko can start doing is Gold Armor try to rush in or continue to get chipped out.It doesn't matter if Phoenix's health is going down if Hsien can't touch her.

Stop with this theory fighter nonsense. Low tiers are low tier for a reason they can't just magically become more solid even if you play them perfectly. Hsien Ko doesn't have the tools (besides 1 gimmick) or the speed to take on Phoenix. She will lose 99% of the time against a competent player.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the only way hsien-ko can take on DP is with her gold armor that lasts a total of 5 seconds, in which DP runs away spamming her great balls of fire

maybe with doom missles but seriously....hsien-ko is getting blown up by DP

phoenix/deadpool/viper would be a much better team, giving you a better anti-air assist and a much better anchor

heck, running viper/deadpool/phoenix wouldn't even be that bad and the only thing you really have to learn with viper is that seismo hammer is her main tool, abuse the living hell out of it

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://fans.marvel.com/marvel_inter...om_3_alternates:_super-skrull_and_doctor_doom

I'm surprised it took them this long to get the classic blue Skrull cosume, been wanting to see how it looked on his current outfit. Speaking of which:
Oh, and if anyone in the comments makes a big deal about the deep blue in this Kl’rt alt not matching the light blue of the reference, you have my permission to point your internet finger at them and laugh because, having read this, you know there's a very good reason: It just didn’t look good within the context of the game. It looked more like something a newborn li’l Skrull kid might wear, not a fantastic fearsome force feverishly fighting the Fantastic Four.
Even Chris Baker is fed up with that scrubby complaining lol

:phone:

_Dice

Smash Ace
Hsien-ko beats dp LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Moving on.
she does. she beats dark pheonix. she doesn't beat pheonix however, which was brightsides whole argument there. except he kept calling pheonix dark pheonix for some weird reason.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
All Sent has is Hard Drive...

Besides that, he's a huge, easily crossed up target for Phoenix/DP. Spit is nothing compared to fireballs, he can't chase down Phoenix, and all of his armored moves are too slow on startup to not get eaten up before they can do anything.

Though, I can't wait to see Sent's Launcher with hyper armor...(though I still think that was a joke :\)

Also, I know you were joking Smooth, smooth people don't say silly things.

Only smooth things.

_Dice

Smash Ace
weren't you the one who was saying Wesker isn't that good too?
i was saying weskers teleport is predictable, and if you predict it, punishable, and that he was high tier but not top tier like other people said.

he's not god tier like some people were saying at the time.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
i was saying weskers teleport is predictable, and if you predict it, punishable, and that he was high tier but not top tier like other people said.

he's not god tier like some people were saying at the time.
You ignorant mortals will never understand, Wesker isn't ruining this game, he's saving it. There is a new Marvel coming, and Wesker will be its god.

YOU ARE NOTHING TO HIM!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Wesker, how about that new sunglasses mechanic?

Pretty stupid imo. Wesker's supers already weren't that great aside from his level 3 and now there's even less reason to use them.

Top Bottom