• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well, if you ran Jill, Sent, Phoenix. Then Jill could DHC glitch to HSF, Relaunch combo etc. But, why waste meter for a phoenix team? Then again, your goal serris isn't dark phoenix right?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I use Phoenix on point, but I also use her as an anchor, if that makes any sense. Though, lately, I've been pulling the D3athWish approach more often. TK Overdrive H into Phoenix Rage at the start, X-Factor, bring out Sentinel and suddenly they lost two characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just played MvsC 3 for the first time yesterday. God, that game is awesome! I decided my 3 mains: Amateresu, Dante, and Hulk. Amateresu, I'm getting beast at already XD

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Phoenix Wright can AHVB. It's the only explanation.
Not even Edgeworth can object to that logic.

Savon

Smash Ace
Serris why do you always insist on using bad characters? Jill. Now Chun-Li? Come on bro. And stop using point Pheonix please. It just ain't efficient. I LOVE using Arthur, but point Arthur is just not a good idea. Some things are just not meant to be. Like Ron Artest being calm or Obama making republicans happy.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Serris why do you always insist on using bad characters? Jill. Now Chun-Li? Come on bro. And stop using point Pheonix please. It just ain't efficient. I LOVE using Arthur, but point Arthur is just not a good idea. Some things are just not meant to be. Like Ron Artest being calm or Obama making republicans happy.
chun and jill aren't bad though >_>
chun is really good for a phoenix team because she builds meter very well.
if she got an otg she would be great in my opinion

Phoenix Wright can AHVB. It's the only explanation.
Not even Edgeworth can object to that logic.
OH HELL YES!
i like this logic

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Jill wasn't bad, just very technical. Chun-Li can build one bar herself before an aerial exchange, and Phoenix is very effective on point if you space correctly.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I like Phoenix. I like Dark Phoenix too. That's why I run her on point... and still stack her to five for facerolling goodness.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have Hsien-Ko in my second slot and actually use her time to time depending on the situation.
It's really helpful with Sent drones backing her up to either get in or extend combos.
Damage isn't a problem but matchups like against Phoenix and Deadpool definitely still are.

Running Akuma on point sounds really weird though. That's like the only top tier assist where it's really strange.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Oh, dear lord. They seriously took away Phoenix's start-up invincibility on Phoenix Rage. Will someone please take the nerf bat away from Capcom?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the thing is, using akuma on point doesn't even sound that bad

i mean, it's definitely not as bad as phoenix on point. hahahah.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm horrible at starting a match. Thats like probably the only reason I use hulk on point.

1. Walk forward
2. HEAVYHEAVYHEAVYHEAVYHEAVYHEAVY

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for hulk i just block all day

i also have standing M with x-23, too godlike

however hulk will power through that in ultimate :(

mood4food77

Smash Hero
did someone try saying chun is good?

chun sucks

she has no approach and no OTG at all, so right there you're limiting her assist options
her BnBs barely do 650K but require a good amount of tech skill
her cr. L doesn't hit low, neither does her st. L, one of the few characters that has this
her air dash only goes in one direction, DF, and can never be used to escape danger
she has one good assist but adds a significant amount of hitstun decay to a combo
her hypers are weak and dont' have good range
her projectile doesn't even reach half screen
poor reach
not mobile enough to make up for weaknesses
really bad at protecting assists

seriously, she sucks, i'd say she's probably worst in the game, almost every other character in the game can deal more damage while using just as much or less, and the lack of a self OTG really hurts any reset chances that she really needs

comparing her to jill, jill is faster, has a low hitting cr. L, has OTG moves, deals at least 100k more in her BnBs, has a teleport like move (meaning she has an easier time getting in), one of the best hypers in the game (machine guy spray), and can use any assist she wants while can protect them better than chun can, etc, i could go on but chun is really bad, shuma and hsien-ko have godlike assists and arthur is a threat with gold armor

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nah, I don't think Chun Li is anywhere near bottom tier. Her assist isn't as godlike as the ones you've mentioned, but it's still really good. She has the same problem as Iron Man does, IMO. You have to press 3 times as many buttons compared to the higher tier characters for decent damage. Her lightning legs are so good for stuffing out the opponent's moves and I think she can do almost 600k without an assist or meter midscreen.

That's not anywhere as bad as Arthur and Hsien-Ko. Especially since it's hard to open up the opponent with them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh, dear lord. They seriously took away Phoenix's start-up invincibility on Phoenix Rage. Will someone please take the nerf bat away from Capcom?
Enough is enough. One action in air w/o flight to one action in air WITH flight, lower health, and ****ed up hitsun decay were bad but livable. Capcom is giving too much to the complainers who can't control it with this and fireballs disappearing after getting hit.

on happier news
http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=31492366&postcount=18021

Goes along well with what a NeoGaf member named eidrian had been saying, same source on Vergil having Killer Bee as his jS and Dante's jS as a jD+H in the air and canceling df+H otg with a teleport before Vergil was revealed. Also talks about Rocket Raccoon having an OTG assist called Bear Trap and an assist where a log hits you and causes a wallbounce (I'm assuming this "log" is Groot), and we might not have to wait that much longer.

TL?

Smash Ace
Read it on SRK. Apparently, it was in the TGS build. They've also nerfed her to one action per flight. This has gone way too far.
It hasn't gone far enough. Phoenix users are spoiled and don't realize how much they had and still have. Characters like Hsien Ko would be lucky to be half as good as the current phoenix.

_Dice

Smash Ace
It hasn't gone far enough. Phoenix users are spoiled and don't realize how much they had and still have. Characters like Hsien Ko would be lucky to be half as good as the current phoenix.
hsien ko counters pheonix. >.>

if pheonix had 800k then hsien ko would be worse than ultimate pheonix. but no ultimate pheonix is now going to be worse than ultimate hsien ko.

Top Bottom