• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
SIX BIONIC ARMS ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!

Oh sweet jesus that was the most amazing thing in marvel i've ever seen!
Yea, I doubt i'll be able to get 6 supers in as hulk. ._. I hate it when I see vids like this, because it makes me wanna learn that character. xD

EDIT: OMG THERES A TASKMASTER PART TOOOO!?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just curious, but are there any known events coming up where Capcom might bring out the next pair of fighters?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
http://fans.marvel.com/marvel_inter...el_vs._capcom_3_alternates:_hulk_and_she-hulk

So am I like the only person who isn't pissed at Classic Hulk making it?

Come on, they are so easy to tell apart. An entirely different shade of green and almost magenta pants instead of dark purple. Much better than Wolverine.
I'm inclined to agree. The difference between the two Wolverine costumes is literally just duller color. They're the exact same costume.

Sort of like the difference between Dark Phoenix's first and second costumes in vanilla. You literally can't tell them apart when both are moving.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
brought marvel 3 to my school and realized why I'm not the biggest fan of this game: a lot of people used noah tactics, ie pick hulk and abuse jumping S into standing S
when I get my hawkeye...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
brought marvel 3 to my school and realized why I'm not the biggest fan of this game: a lot of people used noah tactics, ie pick hulk and abuse jumping S into standing S
when I get my hawkeye...
If you said X Factor or Dark Phoenix, I'd agree with you. Super armor itself is annoying but it's not a reason on why I dislike Marvel 3.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Um, he is the exact same except slighty more mobile and has a faster assist.

Rocket punch doesn't combo into HSF anymore, but that doesn't even matter because PS does more damage anyway.

He has 5k less health.

So yes, I will still be using my virtually unchanged Sentinel.

Doom/Sentinel/Nemesis is going to wreck everything hahahahaha.

Lv3 x-factor Nemesis hyper armor everything FTW

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm sticking with Phoenix because I actually like her as a character, nerfs be damned. I still think she could do with decreased hit-stun deterioration now that she has 320,000 health and her keepaway game has taken a major hit. She needs to at least be able to build a lot of meter on her own if she's the last one standing, or that's just bad character design.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
No, she usually only gets one bar around the 20-hit mark. Four hits may or may not be a fifth or a sixth. Depends on whether you're mostly sticking to her heavy attacks or throwing in some lights. To build one meter, I have to do the following:

Air H > Air S > Crouching L > Crouching M > Crouching H > S > Air H > Air Flare Sword > Burn Out Beak > TK Trap L > Air M > Air H > Air S > Air TK Shot L > TK Overdrive H

This comes to around 20-24 hits. When you throw in Phoenix Rage, it only does ~580,000.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Capcom always knows best. The same way Michael Jackson knew how to take care of kids.

:phone:
That's cold.

And I disagree. They may have gotten some things right, but Phoenix didn't need a health nerf, and Spider-Man didn't need a mobility nerf.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Maybe Capcom thought people were sleeping on Spiderman and that he'd eventually become really good in Umvc3.

Maybe not though.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
That's cold.

And I disagree. They may have gotten some things right, but Phoenix didn't need a health nerf, and Spider-Man didn't need a mobility nerf.
Naw he didn't get a mobility nerf. A blocked zipline isn't +24 anymore (or something like that). The problem is that was one of his biggest rush down tools.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
From neogaf

Sentinel

+ Cr.M now has 3 hits of super armor. Launcher has hyper armor.

+ Rocket punches and overall speed of Sentinel has been increased. It is confirmed that Sentinel's cr.M recovers faster (he pulls his boots back in faster)

+ Sentinel drones have been sped up. They are now a true block string.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
From neogaf

Sentinel

+ Cr.M now has 3 hits of super armor. Launcher has hyper armor.

+ Rocket punches and overall speed of Sentinel has been increased. It is confirmed that Sentinel's cr.M recovers faster (he pulls his boots back in faster)

+ Sentinel drones have been sped up. They are now a true block string.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
.... LOL! That's awesome.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Replace a High execution, Low reward with a High execution, High reward. Nice.
Chun-Li is nowhere near as demanding as Jill. And she builds twice the meter because of her triple jump. I am honestly disappointed that I didn't make this switch sooner.

Phoenix/Chun-Li/Sentinel all day erry day.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The only thing that makes jill slightly better is her being able to DHC glitch but your team doesn't beneift from it so it was a smart choice.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well, running Jill on point actually built a lot of meter with a combo I came up with, but it used both assists and required timing that I just couldn't pull off online. I'm switching to Verizon at the earliest opportunity. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Also, there haven't been any PS3 events or any events within a 45-minute drive from me since May. Feels bad, man.

Top Bottom