• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I still think Phoenix should get a hitstun scaling reduction in exchange for the health nerf... but that's just me.

I'm actually in favor of what they're doing to Sentinel, though. Increased mobility with slightly less health and roughly the same damage.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I still think Phoenix should get a hitstun scaling reduction in exchange for the health nerf... but that's just me.

I'm actually in favor of what they're doing to Sentinel, though. Increased mobility with slightly less health and roughly the same damage.
Are they taking more of his health?

I am ok with this as long as the increased mobility is noticeable.

Do you know how much he is going to have now?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think everyone was

the only other way i would be happy was if pink bomb could be cancelled

like you can do it in the middle of a combo, then right after you see him pull it out, you jump and continue your combo

that'd be pretty baller

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was sad when Ammy lost her backwards air dash.

I assume she hasn't got that back in UMvC3?

TL?

Smash Ace
Every character except Arthur has less health in Ultimate.
This is not true at all. From what we know only wesker, akuma, phoenix, and sentinel(barely, 910 to 900) have less health. I may be forgetting one or two characters but most seem unchanged.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This is not true at all. From what we know only wesker, akuma, phoenix, and sentinel(barely, 910 to 900) have less health. I may be forgetting one or two characters but most seem unchanged.
I'm pretty sure Neo G said it himself that everyone got a health nerf (besides Arthur) at Evo.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Say hi to Storm's lvl. 3 X-Factor chip damage.
This, among several other things. Phoenix already had the lowest health to begin with. She didn't need a health nerf on top of neutering her air game and primary mix-up. It should have been two actions per jump, not one. Frankly, with all of the changes to the aerial exchange system, meter-draining moves, and gutting her offense, she could have done with a health buff. And I say that completely seriously.

As for people complaining about Amaterasu not being able to block out of her air dash, no one else in the game has the ability to do it. I don't see why Amaterasu should. And now, something we can all agree on:

WOLVERINE NERFS AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

TL?

Smash Ace
There is no official changelist. There is only speculation, some more solid than others. For the more reliable info, check the character specific forums on shoryuken. They have people who main most characters playing the convention builds. Also keep in mind things have changed from the comic con build and will continue to change.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Serris, the point of the Phoenix nerfs was so that people could actually snap in Phoenix and remove her from the game, and it took more than Saltyball, Saltyball, Teleport to escape danger. They didn't want Phoenix herself being any good anymore so that Dark Phoenix would be much more of a risk/reward than it was before.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I remember when Chris had an Airdash. Then he could actually approach.

Edit so now Ammy can.

Sun Disc mode

L, M, H, ->HHHHH, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, air qcfh, down down M, Land, S, j.m, j.m, j.s, down-forward H, QCFS, Air QCF Hyper, down-forward H, QCFS, QCF Hyper, X factor, Hyper?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Teams I tried in MVC3

Chris/Zero/Dante
Chris/Dante/Phoenix *current team*
Ammy/Wesker/Tron
Deadpool/Trish/Thor
Dante/Wesker/Taskmaster
Zero/Wesker/Taskmaster
X-23/Zero/Wesker
Doom/Task/Dorm
Magneto/Wesker/Taskmaster

cutter

Smash Champion
Speaking of Sentinel, his c.M has a ****ton of armor now. I remember watching the PAX stream and Sent's c.M actually beat Zero's j.H cleanly.

I was sad when Ammy lost her backwards air dash.

I assume she hasn't got that back in UMvC3?
You mean when she used to have an 8-way airdash back in the ancient SDCC build?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Speaking of Sentinel, his c.M has a ****ton of armor now. I remember watching the PAX stream and Sent's c.M actually beat Zero's j.H cleanly
I would give up all of Sentinel's super armor in return for his speed in MvC2. :(

Top Bottom