• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Speaking of that, I wish Ryu(BoF), Nina, Bow, Rei, etc..any of the BoF cast would be in a Capcom game =/
It would be cool if they added BoF characters. Too bad it seems like Capcom doesn't care about the series anymore since they don't think it'll net them much money. I'd love to see it make a return.
I'm really hoping more darkstalkers make it in (well, at least one more). I'd love to see gallon (jon talbain) or jedah. Even sasquatch, lilth, or lei-lei would be cool. I just hope it's not demitri lol, sorry to any fans, I'm just not too fond of him.

edit: actually I just read that demitri has been officially de-confirmed lol... woo
Sadly, I think they already said no more DS characters will be in.
Maybe they'll add in more through DLC though.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Looking back the trailer for She-Hulk is kind of lame. Seems the presenter playing is whiffing too many attacks. Does seem to have some interesting wall-bounce ability though.

blah blah blah AAAAAA TOO MUCH TECHNO

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yeah there's a big de-confirmation thread on SRK. It made me sad most I think to see Doctor Strange and The Punisher de-confirmed for sure =/.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype though. 28 characters now. Now just for them to confirm Haggar and add in some others. I can't think of anybody specific I'd want to see at this point though, I really think they're doing a nice job with their character selection choice. She-Hulk might be a bit iffy but she looks faster than Hulk and has interesting mechanics from what that video showed.

I'm pretty sure Storm,Cable or Sentinel won't come back though..........(lol)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I already knew about BoF being deconfirmed. Just saying that it's just a shame that Capcom said in an old interview (unrelated to MvC3) that they don't have the money to make a new BoF game which they said probably won't even sell all that well.

I'm hoping Zero doesn't somehow get long combos like in TvC.
I do not want to see all of Zero's matches ending in timeouts. lol

But the infinite prevention system will put a stop to that, so it won't be all that bad.

As for characters I would still like to see. I'd like to see a MM villain. Sigma, Vile, or Bass would be nice.
But there are already too many MM characters.

And if I could, I'd want Roll back in just for Kaze yo Tsutaete and so I could beat up people with her for fun.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
God Zero does look really ****** but if he's anything like how he is in TvC I'd be a bit worried(He's broken in TvC).
Is he? I know he's really easy to use and be good with, but I haven't really seen anyone win with him aside from Marn.

I don't follow TvC so I honestly don't know if he's overpowered or not.

Zero's supers have also changed a lot from TvC. His Time Flip super seems to be slower, his ground pound super has much better startup, and his level 3 is totally different.

cutter

Smash Champion
I love the new stage. I'm such a huge sucker for nostalgia, so when Arthur was announced I was quite excited that Capcom was reaching deep into the memory banks for some awesome ideas. But a GnG stage? Sign me up!

I'm pretty sure Storm,Cable or Sentinel won't come back though..........(lol)
Storm actually has an excellent chance of returning... she is one of the most popular and well-known of the X-Men and the Marvel side is still lacking some female rep (obviously She-Hulk helps to fix this).

Sentinel and Cable are pretty much done though.

EDIT: Just watched the She-Hulk trailer again and noticed she does a butt stomp at the end of one of her supers. :3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
She-Hulk's command dash looks kinda neat.

But yeah, these definitely aren't as hype as Arthur.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At first, I was seeing Guy meets Abel with She-Hulk, but now I think I see El Fuerte meets Rainbow Mika.

Therefore, I definitely have to try her out and find out her mixups.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ok, FINALLY got home from U and got to see the vid. She-Hulk is looking good so far, but a lot of problems in the animation. The choppiness of it all reminds me of the SF X Tekken vid, which we were told already was not rendered all the way and animations were weird, so this is probably the case. Even in the final product, nothing is gonna make that command run look good :rofl: They need to change that, way to stiff. Wall jump is cool, especially if you can do it into her drop kick or slam and find a way to combo after that.

The grabs are interesting, looks like an Abel-ish Falling Sky grab that is an instant stun? DO WANT. Her first super is just really dumb, especially the way she moves, but again that might be because it's a placeholder and not complete yet. Her throw super is something I expected, and her Level 3 is ****ing hilarious. Her theme is pretty meh and the voice is fitting. It can only get better from here, even if she's not that good or I don't use her as much as I wanted, I'm still glad she made it over most other characters.

Mark my words, the remaining Marvel women are Polaris, Spider-Girl, Lady Deadpool, She-Venom and She-M.O.D.O.K., a character who was made just for MvC 3. She has the combined hate of She-Hulk and M.O.D.O.K. and draws her strength from complaints and badly written movesets for Phoenix Wright on Unity, gamefaqs, EventHubs. At this rate she is unstoppable. She also has cat ears and rides a Gustaff.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
ahhh storm has a HUGE chance. Wtf are you talking about. @irondragoon
I just meant because of her brokenness in MvC2 :p

Storm actually has an excellent chance of returning... she is one of the most popular and well-known of the X-Men and the Marvel side is still lacking some female rep (obviously She-Hulk helps to fix this).
Yeah I know she's popular but once again I just meant the broken part in MvC2 haha.

NatP

Smash Ace
And what about the Ghost's n Goblin stage, huh? Definitely one of the highlights of both videos for me lool.

cutter

Smash Champion
I just meant because of her brokenness in MvC2 :p

Yeah I know she's popular but once again I just meant the broken part in MvC2 haha.
Storm is actually pretty easy to "fix". The fact that you can no longer build meter by just whiffing attacks already nerfs Storm before you even touch her MvC2 moveset.

It's not like Sentinel who would be next to impossible to rebalance without just nerfing the guy into oblivion.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Mark my words, the remaining Marvel women are Polaris, Spider-Girl, Lady Deadpool, She-Venom and She-M.O.D.O.K., a character who was made just for MvC 3. She has the combined hate of She-Hulk and M.O.D.O.K. and draws her strength from complaints and badly written movesets for Phoenix Wright on Unity, gamefaqs, EventHubs. At this rate she is unstoppable. She also has cat ears and rides a Gustaff.
http://marvel.wikia.com/MODAM

Your worst nightmare is already Marvel canon, my friend.

Smooth Criminal

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am REALLY digging Zero's revised moveset. It's almost like they gave him BUFFS from before. The new types of combos when compared to TvC are sweet, and the fact that you can only use the X-Factor once will help big time when it comes to not rinsing and repeating BnB corner combos.

That, and Zero for best Capcom theme revealed thus far. He's trying to match up to Dante's stylishness. lmaoz

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Zero's ultimate looks EXTREMELY useful.
Yeah but it doesn't look as cool or damaging as his TvC level 3 super. Of course it was done on a Modok who was almost dead so who knows.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah but it doesn't look as cool or damaging as his TvC level 3 super. Of course it was done on a Modok who was almost dead so who knows.
What I like is that they managed to keep Zero fresh and not just a carbon copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. So many new things from the looks of it. And this is just a trailer too!

As for his Level 3 Hyper, I'm personally far more excited for that over his Dark Hold one from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom; it's a tribute to the non-canon battle from X5, where Maverick Zero uses the unblockable full screen crescent attack that instantly kills you if the boss fight goes on for too long.

Which is cool, because so far this means that this is PURELY an X styled moveset, no tribute to the Mega Man Zero series like in Dark Hold at all. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it looks quite useful! Not only is it a full screen hyper, but it's a full screen, hit just about anywhere, hyper. Looks great for punishing AND combo finishing.

Could care less that Zero will likely be overused in this like Dante is, but...let them be posers. I'mma be awesome with both of them.

Just give me Venom, guys! That's all I want now.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright, let's do this thang!

I'm ok with She-Hulk being in, but Marvel has got to get diverse women instead of just adding in female versions of the guys! Jubilee would be much nicer! My guess on the other females on Marvel's side would be Storm, Psylocke and Rogue!

I would be excited for Zero, if this was his first appearance in a VS game! Right now, I hope X makes it in! X is as bad@$$ Megaman can get, so not having this version would be a let down!

Today's reveals were just fillers!

Still waiting for Strider and Sentinel . . .

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Alright, let's do this thang!

I'm ok with She-Hulk being in, but Marvel has got to get diverse women instead of just adding in female versions of the guys! Jubilee would be much nicer! My guess on the other females on Marvel's side would be Storm, Psylocke and Rogue!

I would be excited for Zero, if this was his first appearance in a VS game! Right now, I hope X makes it in! X is as bad@$$ Megaman can get, so not having this version would be a let down!

Today's reveals were just fillers!

Still waiting for Strider and Sentinel . . .
Last two likely wont happen. And eh even if it's a female version, She-Hulk's mechanics and the things about her look wayyyyy different from Hulk's. It's as if people didn't even watch the trailer or somethin.....

Zero was in Tatsunoko vs Capcom yes but how many people really paid attention/played it? Yeah it did get popularity but that's expected with any fighting game that has Capcom in the name.

I also just have a feeling Psylocke and Rogue will be unlikely.

We know Mike Haggar is coming now just waitin on who else though....

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, at this point I'm thinking I'm probably the only person holding out for Carnage...Oh well. But doesn't the Capcom side need a few more villains?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You know, at this point I'm thinking I'm probably the only person holding out for Carnage...Oh well. But doesn't the Capcom side need a few more villains?
I really would love to see Carnage as well, it'd be interesting. And yeah some Capcom villians would definitely be awesome.

Sigma c'mon!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Last two likely wont happen.
Sentinel is very unlikely (I wouldn't rule out someone who is influenced playstyle wise) but I'm holding out for Strider Hiryu to the end.

She-Hulk's mechanics and the things about her look wayyyyy different from Hulk's. It's as if people didn't even watch the trailer or somethin.....
Of course they did, but for a lot of people, their mind was made up before the trailer. I'm one of those people, tho, so I shouldn't really be complaining. I would love to see how different the reaction would be if we didn't get X-23 first.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Last two likely wont happen. And eh even if it's a female version, She-Hulk's mechanics and the things about her look wayyyyy different from Hulk's. It's as if people didn't even watch the trailer or somethin.....
I know She-Hulk will play differently than Hulk, but to me it just seems Marvel added female characters half-@$$ed! Also, X-23 and She-Hulk look pretty darn plain!

I really would love to see Carnage as well, it'd be interesting. And yeah some Capcom villians would definitely be awesome.

Sigma c'mon!
Yes,Yes! I was just thinking Sigma this moment! It would be a real F you to all MegaMan fans if he takes his slot!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure X was deconfirmed. Hopefully he'll make it in DLC or something.
I was hoping he'd have MvC's Ryu's style change but with different armors. That'd be so cool.

Yes,Yes! I was just thinking Sigma this moment! It would be a real F you to all MegaMan fans if he takes his slot!
Yeah, I want Sigma too. Sigma or Vile, both are cool.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually, to be honest, I was kind of thinking Dr. Wily as a playable character would be a bit interesting or fun to do. As he could be like sort of Jill from MvC2 just calling out Robot Masters for special and supers.

cutter

Smash Champion
Just give me Venom, guys! That's all I want now.
As popular as Venom is, I won't be surprised if he's left out for the same reason many Darkstalkers characters won't be in the game. Venom is constantly shapeshifting and changing his model when he attacks, which puts enormous strain on the game's memory. Even something as simple as Venom's s.fierce would be very tough to implement in 3-D compared to just drawing a bunch of 2-D sprites. Don't even get me started on Venom Fang.

Then again, I can easily see Capcom putting the time and effort into a memory-hungry character like Venom simply because he is a huge fan-favorite.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
As popular as Venom is, I won't be surprised if he's left out for the same reason many Darkstalkers characters won't be in the game. Venom is constantly shapeshifting and changing his model when he attacks, which puts enormous strain on the game's memory. Even something as simple as Venom's s.fierce would be very tough to implement in 3-D compared to just drawing a bunch of 2-D sprites. Don't even get me started on Venom Fang.
For Physical attacks they would probably just do what they do with Tron and draw over it. Venom Fang and stuff, tho, is understandable. But just because they said that DarkStalkers took up quite a bit of space doesn't mean there aren't characters in the game other than DarkStalkers that do.

and 360's use DVD's. Besides, both consoles have very ****ty RAM.

cutter

Smash Champion
Does it really take up that much space?

The size of these games are pretty dang huge, not to mention the capabilities of the Blu-Ray disc.
I would agree if this was your traditional 1v1 fighter, but it isn't. The game has to load six different characters into memory, all with their unique animations programmed into each of them. That takes up a *huge* amount of space. Then you also have the stage as well, which also takes up additional memory. It really adds up.

For Physical attacks they would probably just do what they do with Tron and draw over it.
Except Tron doesn't actually do true shapeshifting like Venom does:

You can't exactly "draw over" something like that.

Venom Fang and stuff, tho, is understandable. But just because they said that DarkStalkers took up quite a bit of space doesn't mean there aren't characters in the game other than DarkStalkers that do.

and 360's use DVD's. Besides, both consoles have very ****ty RAM.
The Darkstalkers problem affects more characters than you think... for example Human Torch, who was supposedly in the game and was taken out because his idle animation was slowing the game down. It's also the same reason why Captain Commando won't be returning. Having to design, model, render, and program four characters just to put one character in the game is a great way to devour RAM.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sad thing is, I'd buy a BoF game on spot. Can't blame Capcom though, this isn't jrpg's best moments, still... Ryu vs Ryu be funneh.

Anyways, have they said how large the character total will be? And can this collectors pre-order thing be pre-ordered till the last minute? :x

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It feels kinda weird announcing DLC characters already. Guess I'll get the collector's edition.
I never really used Jill too much. I liked using Shuma Gorath in MSH though for fun.

Top Bottom