• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You're forgetting two important things.
"MYSTIC STARE!!"
and
"CHAOS DIMENSION!!"
I love Shuma. MYSTIC STAREEEEE ftw =D

Sad thing is, I'd buy a BoF game on spot. Can't blame Capcom though, this isn't jrpg's best moments, still... Ryu vs Ryu be funneh.

Anyways, have they said how large the character total will be? And can this collectors pre-order thing be pre-ordered till the last minute? :x
I believe they said it will be NO MORE than 40 characters and I personally think they'll stop at around 36 or so. 28 have been announced so far so I think it's fair to expect another 4 from each side.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
They said "expect at least 30 characters".
They also said "a game cannot have a small roster in confront of his predecessor, right?"

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
They said "expect at least 30 characters".
They also said "a game cannot have a small roster in confront of his predecessor, right?"
Well, while I do think this is partially true, think about how ridiculously OVERSIZED they made MvC2. Not to mention it came out only a year after the first one so they just rushed the hell out of it. HEY GUYS lets throw in 56 characters and not test it very much so you get 4 godly broken characters.

It's as if they weren't even trying to think about how they were doing things with MVC2. This time it's different, while they may not have been working on it all this time between 2 and when 3 is coming out, I don't think they just brought up the concept earlier this year when they first showed it. People wanted it, and they wanted it good, so I really think that even if there IS less characters in 3(which there probably will be) that it will be more thought out and well designed, tested, etc.

Edit to say that I actually absolutely love MvC2 for everything it's worth just in case you got me havin negative feelings from the game :p. I just like balance as well is all xP

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Weren't more shotoclones deconfirmed? Can't see that list being accurate.

Also, hey look, Battlesuit Jill. Maybe she'll be getting a new moveset then.

EDIT: Waiiiiit wait wait waiiiiit a minute. I don't see Frank on that list even though we've all seen his silhouette. Lack of Bison is kind of suspicious (not proving of anything but the writer mentioned a Street Fighter villain...most likely not Akuma.) but this can't be entirely right.

Edit2: NO MEGA MAN AAAAAAA
Yeah bs list.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lei lei and akuma being in is suspicious and bison and frank not being in is suspicious.

edit: but jill and frank being in at the same time would also be weird. galactus or phoenix is the broken but balanced out character. if bison isnt in hes most certainly going to be dlc. but sent and lei lei MAKE MY ****ING DAY. leilei wesker sent. ****.

another edit: BUT then again, this was posted on srk which could confirm or de confirm this. it could confirm it because srks reliable sources are actually, you know, reliable. but normally when somethings true on srk they delete it so idk.

another edit: he said he forgot a character and that char HAS to be MM.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Zero does look fun, this has convinced me to look into Megaman all together.

Edit: off topic, but I need a list of the good megaman games. >.>

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I like Zero's new lightning dash, but that massive combo looks to be his BnB and it looks too dexterity-intensive for me to really learn it. :(

MODOK looks a lot better now that I can see how effective his walls are. He seems to have a new move where he shoots acid onto the floor.

Arthur looks like a really interesting character so far. He's projectile-based, but rather than straight-out camp with them, he seems to focus on using them for pressuring the opponent.

Wesker never does anything in any videos he's in.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Zero just seems less like his TvC version and more like if Dante didn't have an assist. He probably has all the same benefits as Dante too - one-touch kills, one-touch 90% (welcome to USA *****), ridiculous DHCs, etc.

MODOK looks cool but I think whoever was playing him in the video doesn't know when to DHC to a healthy character to save another one that's about to die.

Looking at Jill's artwork, I didn't actually know that the mind control chest spider thing was canon since I haven't played RE5 and I only saw it in the piece of **** 4th live-action movie that definitely should not have been made.

Also, if the special edition pre-order is really only $10 more than the game itself, I may actually get it since the DLC itself will probably cost $10 for both anyway. If the regular edition costs <$60 though, I'll get that version and save my money.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://shoryuken.com/content/full-marvel-vs-capcom-3-roster-leaked-2440/
Marvel Side
-Galactus (Boss) (unrevealed)
-Taskmaster (unlock) (unrevealed)

-Shuma-Gorath (DLC) (leaked)
-She-Hulk
-Deadpool
-Captain America
-X-23
-Magneto
-Modok
-Hulk
-Spider-Man
-Dr. Doom
-Sentinel (unrevealed)
-Storm (unrevealed)
-Phoenix/Dark Phoenix (unrevealed)

-Super Skrull
-Dormammu
-Wolverine
-Iron Man

Capcom Side
-Amaterasu
-Ryu
-Rad Spencer
-Chun Li
-C. Viper (unrevealed)
-Hsien-ko (unrevealed)

-Jill (DLC) (unrevealed)
-Chris
-Wesker
-Dante
-Trish
-Arthur
-Felicia
-Morrigan
-Viewtiful Joe
-Tron Bonne
-Mike Haggar (leaked)
-Akuma (unlock) (unrevealed)
-Zero

Notes:
-Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright make cameos in She-Hulk's ending. I think I might be missing a character, but it's 38 for the roster.
-Yes, if you have full 5 stock bar and Phoenix dies she comes back as dark Phoenix like gill resurrection. Also she has Seth like health.
Now, all rumor lists are inherently full of ****, but I'll talk about this one anyway since there seems to be some cool stuff in it.

Galactus would be a cool boss, but would he really be playable? I'm honestly not so sure about it, it just seems too far fetched given Galactus' size. And yes, I know that the Power Cosmic allows Galactus to alter his size, but if he's included in the game, nobody's going to want to seem human-sized Galactus, they'll want to see skyscraper-sized Galactus.

Storm is really popular, so I can easily believe that she'll be in the game. Sentinel however, I seriously doubt will be in there. He's just not as popular on his own as any of the other top tiers from MvC2 (except maybe Cable, who nobody likes). There's also the issue of whether or not he'll have super armor. If he does, he'll be the only one which may cause balance issues. If he doesn't then he'll be really terrible compared to his MvC2 form, as well as most of the characters in the game due to his gigantic hitbox.

Jean Grey/Dark Pheonix seems like an interesting concept in theory, and it's probably what Seth was talking about when he said they had a character who did something no other character in a Capcom game ever did (except Gill, but ehh, he's not playable). If she does have terrible health, however, it seems like it shouldn't be an issue either way, unless she comes back to life with full health, and even then it shouldn't be too bad. Getting and keeping 5 full bars is going to be extremely important to her gameplan, and building that is going to be quite a challenge.

Viper I already talked about like 10 pages ago.

Hsien-Ko would be cool, but it seems unlikely that more Darkstalkers characters will be included given previous statements by Nitsuma.

Akuma could be cool and I definitely want him in. His teleport could be managed well if you make it a DP+Exchange command and it would let him keep his Super DP. His Ground Pound Super from SF3 could also be a fantastic move in the VS series for finishing air combos. The only problem is how will he do the Raging Demon? This is the most important thing to think about when putting Akuma in your game. Akuma without the Raging Demon is like Mario without the ability to jump. Given the current button layout, I don't know how you could do the Raging Demon, and thus I just don't think Akuma will be in the game.

The character with the most potential to me here is Taskmaster. For those not familiar with the character (which I assume is most of you), Taskmaster has extremely strong photographic reflexes, to the point where he can almost completely copy any person's fighting style as long as it includes techniques that are physically possible for a normal human being to do (ie. He can copy Spiderman's moves, but can't use his web abilities). What this translates to in-game is probably going to mean that he has the special moves of other characters but uses them in his own unique way. For those who have played Dissidia, think Bartz.

Here's a list of what I think he may be able to copy (confirmed characters only):

Marvel Side
Captain America - Normals, unless he carries a sheild which is unlikely.
Spider-Man - Normals, possible Crawler Assault
Wolverine - Normals, divekick, maybe special moves but they'll do less damage without claws.
X-23 - Hey, he's copied Wolverine in the comics, so she's game too.
She-Hulk - Command Dash? I don't know enough about She-Hulk's moveset at this point to make judgments.
Deadpool - Surprisingly, nothing. According to comic book canon, Taskmaster cannot copy Deadpool's fighting style because it's so spastic and unpredictable.
Everyone else is pretty unlikely. Hulk doesn't have a fighting style, he just smashes. Everyone else relies on their powers or technology too much.

Capcom Side
Ryu - If Taskmaster can copy anything in the Capcom characters' moveset, it'll be Ryu's Shoryuken, Tatsumaki, or Donkey Kick. If none of these are in Taskmaster's moveset I'll be disappointed.
Chun-Li - Lightning Legs, Spinning Bird, Hazanshu, Shunpukyaku. Though to be honest, it would be really funny to see a male character using any of these moves.
Chris - Gun moves. Taskmaster typically carries pistols or SMGs with him.
Jill - Gun moves.
Wesker - Gun moves.
Dante - Sword moves that don't use magic (launcher, Belial Edge, etc.). Taskmaster usually carries swords as well as guns, so it's not out of the question to have moves from another swordsman. Dante's Million Dollars super (the gun super) is also possible since it's a gun move.
Everyone else is unlikely since they're either not human or use advanced magic/technology.

So yeah, looking forward to seeing what Taskmaster is like if he's in the game.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Taskmaster would be amaaaazing, there's just so many possibilities to what he could do. And Taskmaster was able to copy DP until DP went into random mode, so I think there's still some stuff he could take from him.

Also, during UDON's Taskmaster run Taskmaster had the ability to go beyond normal human limitations. From what I recall he played martial art videos at twice the speed so that he could attack twice as fast, with the downside that if he kept it up for too long he would've broken his body. However Marvel just kinda forgot about this run (even though it had TM in a much better costume) so that's probably not going to be included.

Also I thought they deconfirmed the other Shoto characters because they were too similar to Ryu? As much as I like Akuma, I'd rather have new characters instead. And where's Thor on the list?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Even if that roster were real it would be pretty disappointing. It would be kind of cool if the thing about Pheonix and Miles cameos in She-Hulk's ending was true though lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about that Haggar leak? I don't see him in that list.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Phoenix would be interesting. Hsien-Ko would be really cool as well as C. Viper but I somehow doubt either of those will happen, idk.

If they bring back Storm AND Sentinel and don't do **** to balance them, then hey guys lets just go back and play MvC2. Ummmm....hmm who else could even be in? Beast would be pretty cool to see but I think he's already de-confirmed.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Akuma could be cool and I definitely want him in. His teleport could be managed well if you make it a DP+Exchange command and it would let him keep his Super DP. His Ground Pound Super from SF3 could also be a fantastic move in the VS series for finishing air combos. The only problem is how will he do the Raging Demon? This is the most important thing to think about when putting Akuma in your game. Akuma without the Raging Demon is like Mario without the ability to jump. Given the current button layout, I don't know how you could do the Raging Demon, and thus I just don't think Akuma will be in the game.
AA Forward AC (all with light and one hard attack) or AA Forward EC (Like what you would normally do for arcade layout) or AA Forward BC (Two jabs, a short, then fierce). He did it in Puzzle Fighter with only one punch, one kick, and one special button, it's doable with MvC 3's buttons.

The character with the most potential to me here is Taskmaster. For those not familiar with the character (which I assume is most of you), Taskmaster has extremely strong photographic reflexes, to the point where he can almost completely copy any person's fighting style as long as it includes techniques that are physically possible for a normal human being to do (ie. He can copy Spiderman's moves, but can't use his web abilities). What this translates to in-game is probably going to mean that he has the special moves of other characters but uses them in his own unique way. For those who have played Dissidia, think Bartz.

Here's a list of what I think he may be able to copy (confirmed characters only):
Imo:

Marvel
Wolverine - Berserker Barrage without claws like Rouge in XvsSF.
Iron-Man - No idea (relies on his suit)
Hulk - Nerfed version of Gamma Charge (Ground or AA version)
Deadpool - Katana-Rama
Captain America - Charging Star (Taskmaster usually carries around a buckler)
Dr. Doom - No idea (also relies on suit)
Super-Skrull - Nerfed version of Orbital grudge
Thor - Mighty Smash or Mighty Strike
Dormammu - No idea (relies on magic)
X-23 - Ankle/Neck Slicer
Spider-Man - Spider Swing (carries around grappling hook gun modified it just to copy Spider-Man)
Magneto - No idea (relies on magnetism)
M.O.D.O.K. - Troll laugh (but really, no idea)
She-Hulk - Instant stun attack
Shuma-Gorath - I have no idea why, but I would love to see him curled up Blanka style for Mystic Smash. Oh wait, I know why, it'd be ****ing hilarious.

Capcom:
Ryu - Shoryuken, Tatsumaki, Joudan, any of these
Morrigan - Vector Drain?
Chris - Combination Punch
Dante - OTG Guns
Felicia - Rolling Buckler
Chun-Li - Hyakuretsu
Trish - Round Trip?
Amaterasu - No idea (relies on weapons, plus she's a wolf)
Viewtiful Joe - Red Hot Kick
Tron - No idea (relies on suit)
Wesker - Ghost Butterfly
Arthur - Any weapon, really
Spencer - command grab
Zero - Ryuenjin
Haggar - Double Lariat (Haggar has to have it)
Jill - Depends in she keeps her old moveset or a new RE 5 one. If it's new there's no shortage of moves, if old, then Emergency Evasion B (the crow or dog comes, Taskmaster is just copying Jill's reflexes to dodge :p)

Yeah, this was much easier with Rogue. :/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
^No incarnation of Mega Man = automatic fail list.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. It's really dumb that Capcom would make a crossover game without Megaman himself in it.

Also, SIX X-men characters? Really? =\
The series started out as X-Men vs. Street Fighter, so it makes sense that there are a lot of X-Men characters in it.

And where's Thor on the list?
That's an excellent point, and I think Thor's omission may invalidate the list.

If they bring back Storm AND Sentinel and don't do **** to balance them, then hey guys lets just go back and play MvC2. Ummmm....hmm who else could even be in? Beast would be pretty cool to see but I think he's already de-confirmed.
Capcom puts a ton of time and effort into balancing their fighting games now. It's not like in the late 90s where they just threw together whatever sprites they had in stock and made a game out of it. They actually know how to make games balanced now and they've become quite good at it.

AA Forward AC (all with light and one hard attack) or AA Forward EC (Like what you would normally do for arcade layout) or AA Forward BC (Two jabs, a short, then fierce). He did it in Puzzle Fighter with only one punch, one kick, and one special button, it's doable with MvC 3's buttons.
Huh. Well, I guess it might work.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i didnt believe the list...

...until i noticed he made it a month ago...

...how in the hell could you GUESS that shuma and jill were DLC?

oh and srk screwed up on thor. he wrote thor in his op.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Tokirisan has just recently tweeted that we will be receiving 40 characters on the disc and 10 as DLC for a total of 50 characters. In a previous tweet he mentioned a video where Strider Hiryu and Hsien-Ko were fighting Taskmaster. Conisidering Kensk has recently revealed the three characters he knows are in are Storm, Hsien-Ko and Taskmaster it isn't as large of a stretch.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
how is that? He said theyll be ten more dlc chars. He didnt say WHO they were. I think cyclops and bison are going to get 2 of the dlc spots easily.

edit: i just read your spoiler. ahhh there could be more dlc who knows.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No really, who is Tokirisan, why should we take something a guy on twitter says as fact, and what if anything has he "leaked" or "predicted" to be right not including painfully obvious choices (She-Hulk, Zero, Magneto, etc.)?

I understand people want answers but you can't just believe any guy who says there's a character you want in the game.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Wow! So much at once that it took me a while to sink this all in!

OK!

The release date! This was quite a surprise since it's only three months away! Seriously, we're gonna be playing the game much sooner than we think!

Jill and Shuma-Gorath! DLC seems like it's going to work out after all! This gives me hope to see some returning characters if they don't make it into the initial release!

The leaked roster! I personally don't care much about these things since they are dead wrong most of the time, but it's nice to see them anyway!

The Collectors Edition! I'm all for it since this has been so a LONG wait! Also, I wouldn't have to look at the bulls#!+ box art that the regular one has!

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
$10 dollars extra for better boxart and some squee fuel. Can dig it. chaos dimension

for chrissakes why are the only sticks I can find in bundles with tekken 6 need to buy two cheap before the game comes out

Top Bottom