• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yes, Makoto was done by the US release and she was released about a month after the JP release, but there is no way for us to tell if she was done before the game was finalized. If she wasn't then the game would have been pushed back.

I didn't think that that many people had issues with BB's DLC ether.

The special edition for MvC3 comes with a one month free subscription to Marvel digital comics, does anyone know how exactly that will work?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
wow DLC announced on release? Such shameless tactics to milk more money out of fans.
Yeah, kinda because it isn't Capcom's fault. The game's release is February, the DLC was supposed to show up in January, but guess what? Gamestop leaked it before.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
There's no reason they'd just put 2 as DLC.

If anything, DLC characters would be ones that they DIDN'T plan on putting in the actual game itself but still thought they should be there.

That being said, something such as Cable could be a possibility as a DLC character.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
I readed somewhere that there were 10 DLCs, obviously 5 marvel and 5 capcom. Dunno if it's true though.
And i doubt Cable will be back. Yes, Kensk said "3 of the 4 gods will return", we already have Magneto. Storm is probably the other since the game needs another Marvel female. Only Cable and another one remains, who is hinted to be: Sentinel.
And i believe it to be, since someone on gamefaqs was at an event, and heard how about Sentinel and Zero were unbalanced in the first phases of programming. One week and half later we got Zero.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I readed somewhere that there were 10 DLCs, obviously 5 marvel and 5 capcom. Dunno if it's true though.
And i doubt Cable will be back. Yes, Kensk said "3 of the 4 gods will return", we already have Magneto. Storm is probably the other since the game needs another Marvel female. Only Cable and another one remains, who is hinted to be: Sentinel.
And i believe it to be, since someone on gamefaqs was at an event, and heard how about Sentinel and Zero were unbalanced in the first phases of programming. One week and half later we got Zero.
I'd rather have Cable than Sentinel =/.

And eh, isn't Kensk the one that leaked that "supposed" full list but is now kinda going back on his word? Just sayin...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That 10 DLC thing came from Tokirisan, who I want to be right just to see that amazing sounding cinematic.

Cable is the only of the 4 gods I dislike.

No, Kensk does not know the full roster, he said the only characters he knew coming were Storm, Lei-Lei, Taskmaster. The person on NeoGaf who posted the most recent leaked roster was Lupinko.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Cable wouldn't be so bad if they gave him legs and made multiple AHVBs less possible (or not possible is more likely).

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
That 10 DLC thing came from Tokirisan, who I want to be right just to see that amazing sounding cinematic.

Cable is the only of the 4 gods I dislike.

No, Kensk does not know the full roster, he said the only characters he knew coming were Storm, Lei-Lei, Taskmaster. The person on NeoGaf who posted the most recent leaked roster was Lupinko.
Man I'm not keeping up well enough then.

And eh, Storm and Magneto are usually put in games because they're huge marvel characters anyways, then they just happen to be broken(Storm is even worse in X-men vs street than mvc2) but then people want them to return anyways. They didn't do **** to fix Storm from X-men vs street to mvc2 so if they don't change her now then I'm just going to lose faith in Capcom.

cutter

Smash Champion
I remember Kensk made a super random post a while back that talked about if Thanos was a god or how he could defeat gods or something like that. It was a totally random post in the given context, so it made me wonder if he was hinting towards Thanos, but so far there's been no hints of that so far (I don't count that fake list with Howard the Duck and Spider-Woman that also had Thanos in it).

So is this new leaked list still in the air? If some people are already talking about what C. Viper, Taskmaster, and Haggar can do, I'm starting to wonder if we might have the final roster, or if that's semi-fake as well.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm just gonna take every dang list that comes in with a grain of salt.

And continue to be none the wiser and just hope for Venom or some other chars idk. /shrug

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
There's a difference between saying "there will be ten new characters in Super Street Fighter IV when it's made" and "Super Street Fighter IV is being made and there are ten characters with Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Cody, Guy, Adon, Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto and two new characters in Juri, a Korean Taekwando user who works for Seth and Hakan, a Turkish Oil Wrestler" before the game was even announced along with saying there would be two Ultras and describing properties and new ones by name like Zangief's Siberian Blizzard and Dhalsim's Yoga Shangrila.

He's being rather tight lipped, but this is probably because he doesn't know the full roster this time, only a few chacrters (Magneto, Storm, Taskmaster and Lei-Lei were in the game). Either way, with all these leaks, when he deconfirms a list it's done.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Man I'm not keeping up well enough then.

And eh, Storm and Magneto are usually put in games because they're huge marvel characters anyways, then they just happen to be broken(Storm is even worse in X-men vs street than mvc2) but then people want them to return anyways. They didn't do **** to fix Storm from X-men vs street to mvc2 so if they don't change her now then I'm just going to lose faith in Capcom.
Wat

have you played xmvsf? those are two COMPLETLY different storms. xmvsf storms combos and damage is ridiculous while mvc2 storms run away and zoning is crazy and on top of that her rushdown is above average and her meter building and zoning is gdlk. Both of them share stupid chip tho.

oh, and they did nerf storm. they took away her wall infinites and her stupid *** air to ground combos/infinites. If storm had those she would **** the god tiers.

edit: and xmvsf storm isnt worse than mvc2 storm. mvc2 storm is regarded as the best character in mvc2 by A LOT of people (some people think sent) but storm def isnt the best in xmvsf. Wolvie was. I think mags was better too.

if you want to worry about someone it should be wolvie. He was top tier in EVERY MARVEL BESIDES MVC2. Not high, TOP. and that includes cota and msh.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Wat

have you played xmvsf? those are two COMPLETLY different storms. xmvsf storms combos and damage is ridiculous while mvc2 storms run away and zoning is crazy and on top of that her rushdown is above average and her meter building and zoning is gdlk. Both of them share stupid chip tho.

oh, and they did nerf storm. they took away her wall infinites and her stupid *** air to ground combos/infinites. If storm had those she would **** the god tiers.

edit: and xmvsf storm isnt worse than mvc2 storm. mvc2 storm is regarded as the best character in mvc2 by A LOT of people (some people think sent) but storm def isnt the best in xmvsf. Wolvie was. I think mags was better too.

if you want to worry about someone it should be wolvie. He was top tier in EVERY MARVEL BESIDES MVC2. Not high, TOP. and that includes cota and msh.
Good post, good points, definitely agree. Only thing is that, she DOES **** all the god tiers in mvc2 =)

DLO

Smash Journeyman
There's a difference between saying "there will be ten new characters in Super Street Fighter IV when it's made" and "Super Street Fighter IV is being made and there are ten characters with Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Cody, Guy, Adon, Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto and two new characters in Juri, a Korean Taekwando user who works for Seth and Hakan, a Turkish Oil Wrestler" before the game was even announced along with saying there would be two Ultras and describing properties and new ones by name like Zangief's Siberian Blizzard and Dhalsim's Yoga Shangrila.

He's being rather tight lipped, but this is probably because he doesn't know the full roster this time, only a few chacrters (Magneto, Storm, Taskmaster and Lei-Lei were in the game). Either way, with all these leaks, when he deconfirms a list it's done.
Yeah, trust Kensk. The guy did not pull two new SF character out of his ***. He isn't talking now because it's most likely that he can't leak since he decided to not reveal all because there will be problems for him.

btw, mvc2's characters are copy-pasted from other games. That's why it's so unbalanced with Cable and things.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
btw, mvc2's characters are copy-pasted from other games. That's why it's so unbalanced with Cable and things.
yeah because cable was totally copy and pasted..oh wait..

...he wasnt.

ive talked to a marvel vet before. they all thell me that sent and storm were locked so they couldnt test them and that shuma ***** so they nerfed the **** out of him. and other things were just not known (fly unfly rom). Mags and sent couldnt do these things in other marvel games so how are they copy and pasted?

and **** those cards are cool.

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm actually salivating over MODOK/Trish/Doom. Fill the screen with traps, rocks, and all of MODOK's **** and watch as your opponent struggles to get through the minefield.

I really do want to see what MODOK's assists will be though. *crosses fingers that MODOK's shield is an assist*

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Amaterasu's assists seem really good in keeping your opponent pinned down.

I mean I obviously planned on using her anyways because she looks ****ing awesome to me but with how helpful the assists look it's all the more reason for me to use her =)

Top Bottom