• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Hey guys, quick question just to make sure I'm not being delusional or ******** or anything but...

Can MODOK NOT block? In all the vids I've seen with him it looks like he can't block, but it's made up for with a nice keep away game obviously, I was just wondering that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey guys, quick question just to make sure I'm not being delusional or ******** or anything but...

Can MODOK NOT block? In all the vids I've seen with him it looks like he can't block, but it's made up for with a nice keep away game obviously, I was just wondering that.
I think someone asked the same thing on SRK. Honestly, I don't think he can.
If that's the case, I guess he'll have to set up barriers whenever he can.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Having a character that can't block in any fighting game would be ******** Capcom isn't that dumb.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. Remember in the latest vid when MODOK was down to a pixel against She-Hulk and DIDN'T SWITCH OUT despite having ample opportunity?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Having a character that can't block in any fighting game would be ******** Capcom isn't that dumb.
Red Venom in Marvel vs Capcom 1 can't block but he's still like 2nd or 3rd best in the game because its made up for by his ******** speed. So I don't really see what you're getting at lol.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
red venom is far from second or third. Lol war machine wolvie gold war machine and strider are better. Gold war machine would be a better example. But you gotta remember that they got ***** by team supers. Actually, gwm sucked unless he was with wm or shadow lady. And striders orbs kind of ****ted on them both.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Red Venom in Marvel vs Capcom 1 can't block but he's still like 2nd or 3rd best in the game because its made up for by his ******** speed. So I don't really see what you're getting at lol.
...ok well modern Capcom isn't that dumb.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
red venom is far from second or third. Lol war machine wolvie gold war machine and strider are better. Gold war machine would be a better example. But you gotta remember that they got ***** by team supers. Actually, gwm sucked unless he was with wm or shadow lady. And striders orbs kind of ****ted on them both.
I was pretty sure RV was like 2nd or 3rd and that Wolvie was actually considered 4th or so. Either way I know Strider just completely dominates the game(30 second ouroborous, **** that)

But yeah Gates you're probably right, modern Capcom more than likely isn't that dumb, it's just that other characters even in matches I HAVE seen them block. MODOK I haven't seen block ANYTHING, that's why I'm questioning it.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I was pretty sure RV was like 2nd or 3rd and that Wolvie was actually considered 4th or so. Either way I know Strider just completely dominates the game(30 second ouroborous, **** that)
no....just no

im not tryin to be a **** or anything but RV is not 2nd or 3rd and Wolvie IS the best char. If you look up top players of this game youll see that. Wolvie can be losing the whole match and **** you from one hit easily. And strider doesnt dominate at all. Striders not even that great if you dont have wolvie to back him up. hence the team "striderine ".

edit: NEVERMIND IM EXTREMLY BIAS TOWARDS STRIDER SO I MAKE HIM SEEM WORSE. He doesnt need wolvie. it didnt feel right lying. i just hate getting called a tier ***** when i play him -_-. I dont agree with wolvie being 3rd or 4th but youre not the only person i know that disagrees with me. ive had this argument before but most of the time people agree that rv wolvie and strider are top three. I still think rv is overrated. >_>

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
no....just no

im not tryin to be a **** or anything but RV is not 2nd or 3rd and Wolvie IS the best char. If you look up top players of this game youll see that. Wolvie can be losing the whole match and **** you from one hit easily. And strider doesnt dominate at all. Striders not even that great if you dont have wolvie to back him up. hence the team "striderine ".
I just found a tier list that has Strider listed 1st then Wolverine, and I guess this list isn't including secret characters because GWM and RV aren't on there, but yeah I'm seein Strider first lol.

edit: oh i see >_>

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://gamer0012.tripod.com/tiers.txt

Marvel vs. Capcom (studied by ? of
Shoryuken):

Top-Tier:
Strider-Hiryu, Wolverine, War Machine,
Hulk

Mid-Top Tier:
Captain Commando, Gambit, Chun-Li,
Venom

Mid-Tier:
Zangief, Megaman, Ryu, Captain America

Low-Tier:
Morrigan, Roll, Spider-Man, Jin

For the most part this is ok, Hulk needs to be moved down from top tier (lol wut), swap Wolverine and Strider in Top Tier (not like it matters that much), are the biggest problems

kr3wman

Smash Master
did everyone google 'marvel vs capcom 1 tier list' and hit I'm feeling lucky?

jesus.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Me and EWTIST having ******** discussions on games that don't mean ****, hell if we're doing that we may as well talk about CvS1 and Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter.

Back to the topic at hand: I know many of you think Modok can indeed block and while I'm willing to accept that, especially because I'd LIKE to think he can, trust me I don't want him to not be able to, I'd just like you guys to find me some info on it if possible or what other people thought on SRK. I can look into it as well but just sayin =P

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
hulk in top tier? I call bull****. And we could talk about mshvsf, but jesus christ i dont like that game for some reason. So because of that i dont know **** about that game. :laugh:

edit: heres the tier list thread

shoryuken.com/f4/marvel-vs-capcom-1-3am-bored-rankings-50886/

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
hulk in top tier? I call bull****. And we could talk about mshvsf, but jesus christ i dont like that game for some reason. So because of that i dont know **** about that game. :laugh:

edit: heres the tier list thread

shoryuken.com/f4/marvel-vs-capcom-1-3am-bored-rankings-50886/
I just call it Marvel Street for short personally but yeah the game is pretty terrible. Like I know they were aiming to fix the busted combo system of XMvsSF but seriously there's NO air combo ability AT ALL really and it's ****ty as hell. Wolverine is a God, super jump and mash medium punch and be amazed at what happens :laugh::laugh:

Then you can just choose between Omega Red and Blackheart, Omega Red is the only character who really combos all that well and because of it has like 30% combos which includes ending with the life sucker to give him health back. Blackheart can stall with JUST demons if he wants to.

And yeah that's pretty much that game. Cool stuff on the MvC1 list though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
at norcal regionals today all they had was the TGS build, but it was still a chance to play Ammy and Dorm. I didn't bother with VJ and Thor that much.

I asked S-Kill if 100% combos are going to stay and he said they're pretty much stuck in stone, and some "maybe" need more specific circumstances than others, but Dante and Hulk's are likely to stay.

Apparently M.O.D.O.K. even has one :rofl:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i heard about that. I bet its some stupid combo.

edit: oh and guys, i cant believe no one in this thread said anything (including me) but rv can block...only gwm cant block....

Yoshara

Smash Lord
It was pretty much that, but more awesome due to it being M.O.D.O.K. flailing his tiny legs and, as Seth put it, walking up and down yo' face.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He told me about his infinite too, but that's gone.

Can't wait to find that combo with M.O.D.O.K., Mental Organism Designed Only for KFCing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was around midnight last night when that came to mind. I don't even see anything on SRK about it. Weird. Nothing on AE, SFxTekken, or Marvel.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
CAN YOU STOP ****ING YELLING AT ME!!!

everytime i read your posts i picture you yelling at your computer. lol
We should have like a "Speak like Atlus for a Day" Day or something sometime. lol
I read one post on SRK that said there was a problem putting the new SF! Not sure if it's true or not! Well, it's already 10:30PM over there so . . . I don't know!
Hopefully news comes out soon. I was hoping they'd reveal a new character by today.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing I want to hear about the most is SFvsTK! I want to hear stuff on AE, but we know next to nothing on SFvsTK!

Top Bottom