• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
This guy makes me want to play Chun-Li.
It shouldn't.

Let's be honest. Anyone in here could body both of them free. That was a pathetic match even for online. Chun-Li is one of the worst characters in the game.

So, how about the Jwong spidey...
Didn't impress me much. His conversions were neat but Felicia was the star of the show almost every match.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It shouldn't.

Let's be honest. Anyone in here could body both of them free. That was a pathetic match even for online. Chun-Li is one of the worst characters in the game.
Any online gameplay videos should be taken with a grain of salt, because there's no visual indication of how bad the latency is. Did you even watch the combo video?

Chun-Li is certainly not one of the best characters in the cast, but her ability to jump cancel out of an advancing guard and airdash into a near-instant overhead makes her close-range rush game incredibly impressive. You can see this in the first video at 2:50. Her only real issue is lacking any viable options for getting in.

NTA

Smash Lord
Does anyone prefer arcade sticks over the controllers? I haven't tried an arcade stick yet and controllers make my hand a little sore when playing fighting games >_>

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Have peoole just started playing Skull girls instead of this or something?
fixed. I don't think anyone wants to invest any time in that game anymore. Entries in my region have decreased for cross tekkan, :/

This thread should be skullgirls/marvel, or there should be another thread for skullgirls

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Someone who plays this game(because I haven't ever), rate the team I plan to use when/if I pick it up.

Storm(Whirlwind)
Haggar(Double Lariat)
Spencer(Vertical Line)

Someone who plays this game(because I haven't ever), rate the team I plan to use when/if I pick it up.

Storm(Whirlwind)
Haggar(Double Lariat)
Spencer(Vertical Line)
Sounds like a solid team, you're even able to switch places of the characters and still have it work.

You might want to consider switching Storm and Spencer though since I feel Spencer with whirlwind has an easier time getting in than Storm.

Also things to consider are Spencer's ability to 0-death people in this game with the right combo, Storm on 2nd slot for 1-frame Hail DHC, and Haggar tech that I myself am not certain of (watch Bum).

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Sounds like a solid team, you're even able to switch places of the characters and still have it work.

You might want to consider switching Storm and Spencer though since I feel Spencer with whirlwind has an easier time getting in than Storm.

Also things to consider are Spencer's ability to 0-death people in this game with the right combo, Storm on 2nd slot for 1-frame Hail DHC, and Haggar tech that I myself am not certain of (watch Bum).
The only problem with that is that of those three characters, Spencer is the only one with real solo comeback potential unless Storm gets really lucky. Haggar by himself, ehhhh...

Would Spencer/Haggar/Storm be a better order than Storm/Haggar/Spencer?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
so I decided to buy UMvC3 finally. crossing fingers I don't regret this decision. lol

I know for a fact I'm going to be using Zero. Characters I'll likely also play and mix up are Dante, Spider-Man, Strider, Doom, Akuma, Wesker, Sentinel and Deadpool.

We'll see though. Maybe I'll just start off with Zero, Dante and Wesker or something. See what kinda synergy I can get going with that. :p

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Zero and Dante are good together you can basically do 1 mil with them alone, assist wise I ment. lol

So basically if you have Zero on point (which you should do), you should have dante's Jam session assist.

A standard combo with Zero with Dante's A assist

L (hold L), M, H, -> H, S, J.m, j.m, j.h, S, Land, jump Air, QCFH, Buster Cancel, Air DPL (hold L), Down H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, Land, Jump Air QCFH, Buster Cancel, Air DPL (hold L), Dante Assist, S, Super Jump, Wait till near end of Jam Session assist ends, Air DPH, Buster Cancel, Air QCFH, Land, Rekkoha, DHC Devil Trigger, Dash in, Acid Rain, Jump S, DPMx2, DPMx2, Million Dollars.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Thanks for the input man! I'm definitely learning Dante bit by bit. I used to play Zero pretty decent in the regular Marvel vs Capcom 3. Just practiced last might though and holy cow I can't do anything almost. Hahah. I gotta get used to this.

:phone:

Top Bottom