• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

L__

Smash Master
Might be entering a Marvel tournament today. Probably gonna use either my spiderman Dante magneto team or Jill Dante magneto team if I go

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Honestly, I just want a team with Storm on it that preferably doesn't have any evil-aligned characters with her. I'm a huge fan of Storm and have been for... pretty much ever. All I want is a Storm team that consists of characters that the real Storm would trust. Is that so hard?

In all seriousness, I was thinking about a team that had a random point character, followed by Storm and Strider Hiryu. I'm not sure who would work best with that, though. Wolverine, maybe?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if you're using strider vajra assist, you'll want to find a point character that can otg very quickly and easily

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well, doom and wesker are REALLY good at it but if you want 'good' people... let's see

captain america, chris, viper, strange with meter, raccoon, iron fist (though his otg is kinda slow), she hulk (same)

i like chris

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
you're better off than me haha (i am dedicated to hsien ko)
You can be LLND Jr.

I'll play in some lobbies from now on. If I'm ever motivated to try my best everyone is free except in lobbies.

EDIT: Oh hey Brightside. Won any tournaments with Spidey lately?

Excuse for what? I can only play online and ranked match is laggy and a bad time waster. I'm almost desperate to join a lobby with decent players and mics...

TL?

Smash Ace
Honestly, I just want a team with Storm on it that preferably doesn't have any evil-aligned characters with her. I'm a huge fan of Storm and have been for... pretty much ever. All I want is a Storm team that consists of characters that the real Storm would trust. Is that so hard?

In all seriousness, I was thinking about a team that had a random point character, followed by Storm and Strider Hiryu. I'm not sure who would work best with that, though. Wolverine, maybe?
Morrigan/Storm/Strider :bee:

I would say Doom or Wesker, but since they're evil...

I suggest Chris , Dante, Haggar, Spencer, Nova, or Hawkeye. If none of those fit your boat, then you can consider Ammy, Spider-Man, or Deadpool.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Sorry about being such a wuss sanchaz. I don't really care for long sets online.
Online is the key word. I rebooted my internet and it still was chopping. I think I'll just buy a cheapass ethernet cord. I don't get it. My ps3 was literally a foot away from my router, and it 90% faster than anyone else.

@brightside: lol

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
You can be LLND Jr.

I'll play in some lobbies from now on. If I'm ever motivated to try my best everyone is free except in lobbies.

EDIT: Oh hey Brightside. Won any tournaments with Spidey lately?

Excuse for what? I can only play online and ranked match is laggy and a bad time waster. I'm almost desperate to join a lobby with decent players and mics...
For the past half year or so I've pretty much won every local/chicago tourney I've gone to. The only 3 to my recollection I've lost is frosty faustings, a nickel city tourney, and a local I can't recall. Want to watch last weeks finals? You might actually learn something about playing Spiderman. But thanks for reminding me that I'm amazing.

How are you not making excuses? It's easy to call yourself good when you've never gone to any tourneys/played good people/left your house. I just find it humorous that you've somehow achieved such a large ego when all you have to base it off is lol online play and your delusions of grandeur with a certain char.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yo, real talk, im the best Zero player on Oak Park street in Grover Beach, Ca. No one can touch me dog, i beat my little cousin like, 1000 times in a row.

Side note, I'd like to see some matches of you brightside, good spiderman players are fun to watch.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm the bess Dorm. I beat Flocker online and errythang.

Just remember, guys: He's allowed to whine or boast. It is a forum, after all!

Too bad we have the same privileges! :troll:

Smooth Criminal

TL?

Smash Ace
Thinking about entering UFGT8. I'm not sure though. I don't really even have a main team that I'm comfortable with right now. :/

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Hey Brightside,

If you place top 16 @ EVO then maybe I'll stop lmao everytime you brag about yourself.

My point steers more towards people being bad at this game. Everyone needs to stop twisting my words around cause I'm not the one going around saying "I'm the best Spiderman ever even though I only go to locals".

Sanchaz I'm in the mood for that ft7 now.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
GL: Yo, Brightside. How many tournaments have you won?
Brightside: Oh, uh. Like, all of them. Except three.
GL: OMG, stop bragging about how you go to tournaments and win shizz and you're the best Spiderman!

I lost at "stop twisting my words." Dat irony. People are so serious up in here with their nettopurei~

Real talk: no one's making you play online. Even if you're a poverty player, you can still go to meet-ups and tournaments. And if you don't have a scene? MAKE ONE.

/peace

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
GL: Yo, Brightside. How many tournaments have you won?
Brightside: Oh, uh. Like, all of them. Except three.
GL: OMG, stop bragging about how you go to tournaments and win shizz and you're the best Spiderman!

I lost at "stop twisting my words." Dat irony. People are so serious up in here with their nettopurei~

Real talk: no one's making you play online. Even if you're a poverty player, you can still go to meet-ups and tournaments. And if you don't have a scene? MAKE ONE.

/peace
Mah gurl... :awesome:

Spittin' dat truth.

Smooth Criminal

L__

Smash Master
have you guys heard about the money matches between fanatiq v rayray and fanatiq v joker?

i'm hyped

sanchaz

Smash Lord
have you guys heard about the money matches between fanatiq v rayray and fanatiq v joker?

i'm hyped
My money is on ray ray.

Shoutout to SENTINEL DITTOS!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: Gunmasterwhatever is a fraud. 7-1

L__

Smash Master
i mainly wanna watch joker

the dude has explored so much magneto tech

i only saw a few sets of his magneto before it was all taken down and i gotta say i really love how he applies it all

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
@Lythium: Sorry I didn't know you played this game.

@Brightside: Top 16 too hard I guess? It's disappointing that dominating your local scene is enough for you, but who am I kidding you ARE the best. So what if the commentators at regionals and nationals never mention your name. So what if you're nowhere to be found at WNF, Runback, Curleh Mustache. So what if you underestimated me and I took like 2 games off you online. You are amazing and Xero's knowledge and effort with Spiderman is nothing compared to yours. All Hail Brightside!

@sanchaz: 6-2 Thank you very much. One game I won with Spencer on point and the lag really demotivated me, but after that you switch to Zero team which says something. I'm disappointed that I beat you at all but I remember timing you out with Spiderman a while back; thus, I have nothing else to say about you...

I would appreciate it if someone would cite where I said I was good at the game btw. Chances are most of you will not even read this because you only respond to specific points in my comments.

If there's anyone who is even a candidate for best Spiderman it's Inerd and Justin. At least they're successful with the character against pro players unlike a certain bum that I've beaten who pisses around at locals.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
dat mediocre spiderman play just doesn't cut it

Also I got Fanatiq in both. He doesn't lose long sets. Not sure if you guys remember Fanatiq vs Toan
You want to put $5 dollars on it? We'll talk about it next tournament.

Tournament: 1. (General Sporting Terms) a sporting competition in which contestants play a series of games to determine an overall winner. (Usually with money involved)

For those that don't know what a tournament is.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Mah gurl... :awesome:

Spittin' dat truth.

Smooth Criminal
What's good, baybee?

<3

Nice dodging, bro. Maybe next time you'll actually address what I write. Because it totally had to do with me playing this game.

And oh right, I don't play this game. How did I get in here? WHAT DEVILRY IS THIS?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

@Brightside: Top 16 too hard I guess? It's disappointing that dominating your local scene is enough for you, but who am I kidding you ARE the best. So what if the commentators at regionals and nationals never mention your name. So what if you're nowhere to be found at WNF, Runback, Curleh Mustache. So what if you underestimated me and I took like 2 games off you online. You are amazing and Xero's knowledge and effort with Spiderman is nothing compared to yours. All Hail Brightside!
I'm not going to Evo this year so its rather impossible really. I've only been to 2 majors thus far. I honestly could care less about what some random online warrior thinks of me so whatever. If you want to know how I did at the two majors I went to you can look it up yourself.

Do you even know what WNF and the Runback are? Those are weekly locals. How do you expect me to make it out to those? Your knowledge of the community is almost as bad as your knowledge of spiderman.

Xero has good technical knowledge I have much better practical knowledge. There is a large difference between knowing combo's and knowing how to actually hit someone. You probably don't understand that concept though so keep being mesmerized by his combo video's.

Also LOL at INerd.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Top 16 too hard. That's a bummer...

Yeah I never mentioned Xero's combos, but I am aware that only a few of them can be "practically" pulled of in a real match. I do more than just play this game online and I only mentioned WNF/ Runback because it's just an example of some of the better competition out there. A lot of those guys make it out to regionals and nationals too.

If you haven't put yourself up against the some of the best players and beaten them, then you shouldn't say you're amazing or the best at anything. Recently I won $100 in some art contest but I'm not going around saying I'm an amazing artist ever cause it's far from true.

Lythijm, PinkTroll, GreenAce (are you poltergust?), and Smooth Joke, if I don't see you on stream at any tournament for that matter then you need to stop wasting your time posting because you'll be on my ignore list.

Top Bottom