• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Andre for some random reason just messes up every time he enters top 8.

I'm not sure why everyone hates him, LMAO. I'm guessing it's because "he gets too cocky." I had steak and shake with him. I'm not sure what happen. I passed out because I had too many shakes. SO FREAKING GOOD!

I'm not sure how Viscant got 2nd. Kerahime (zero player) just destroyed him 10-1 in a money match, and I would "MOST LIKELY" do the same because I also play zero dante sentinel. People need to realize that wesker is a very VERY limited character. If you just kill wesker instead of snapping in phoenix, he's already lost. Hell, I even recommend x-factoring wesker. Now he has two and half bars, big deal. If he SOMEHOW managed to hit you, you need to block/tech the grab.

His team is terrible because of the system changes. I'll prove it. I'll mm him at UFGT.

L__

Smash Master
that assist blows i hate it

i cant stand people like unknown using that assist for viper doing lmhs j.mmhs samurai edge s j.mmhs

otg assists blow period

wesker is overrated as a character and anchor

people just **** suk

TL?

Smash Ace
that assist blows i hate it

i cant stand people like unknown using that assist for viper doing lmhs j.mmhs samurai edge s j.mmhs

otg assists blow period

wesker is overrated as a character and anchor

people just **** suk
That unknown viper made me facepalm. I'm no technical player but I can do viper's box dash bnb on pad. But theres no way the assist is bad. It's super redundant for viper, but it's still the best otg assist in the game. A character like Ryu is significantly better with wesker, since it turns his air throw follow up from one super to a full combo. :bee:

L__

Smash Master
ya its good

it just makes the game super boring and allows people to get away with stupid combos

smashbot226

Smash Master
ya its good

it just makes the game super boring and allows people to get away with stupid combos
That is why people use it. Because it's the best OTG assist/low hitting assist in the game. Hell, it might be THE best assist in the game alongside Jam Session, Drones, and a few others.

And calling Wesker overrated is silly as hell since a lot of people consider him one of the best characters in the game, if not the best.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Best anchor in the game with Level 3 X Factor. I mean, he plays any role very well but you lose out on his Samurai Edge assist on point. I.E. the ultimate clutch.
Really.......Best level three x-factor. (facepalm)

BANNED. and yeah lets give myself an infraction.

SMASHBOT226: you are a ****ing ******* with *** ****** *** ******* ***** ***** *** cherries on top and a ****** **** **** complete moron.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Best anchor in the game with Level 3 X Factor. I mean, he plays any role very well but you lose out on his Samurai Edge assist on point. I.E. the ultimate clutch.
Akuma is better than Wesker Lv 3.

Too much chip for anyone to handle and he has a stupidly easy infinite.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I wish Chris could use his low shot as an OTG assist. Then I wouldn't have to put Wesker on my Team at all.
inb4 they give everyone a fourth assist and Chris ends up getting
Forward Heavy.
Though I do find ways to get around reliance on Mr. No Fun Zone, although that'd require using some other characters that take more difficulty to use than others. From what I hear, X-23 is insanely good if you know how to use her, and I know there's a tutorial somewhere floating around that makes a reasonable argument for S Tier.

You'd be laughed out of SRK/Dustloop/etc for thinking Wesker is overrated by the way, or in any way not S Tier. Not to say it isn't true but lol.

EDIT: Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgJv4ujSXD4

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
inb4 they give everyone a fourth assist and Chris ends up getting
Forward Heavy.

You mean his tazer sword thing? Because if you're referring to his foward OTG shot thats Forward M.

Wesker's OTG assist is so important for my Rocket Raccon combos. It helps double Rocky's damage and usually puts the opponent into the corner where rockey likes having them best. The problem is, is that Rocky uses both a ground bounce AND a wall bounce, so he needs an assist that doesn't use either of these things and doesn't interfere much with the hitstun and damage scailing.

It also allows for a reset combo like the one I do in this video at 23 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8FuRwj5t0&list=UUiixaUFxbmvO0C3y9pe0MIg#t=23s

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha pretty good

but man

when i look at jab to air throw resets... it doesn't look DIRTY ENOUGH to me!!!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
haha pretty good

but man

when i look at jab to air throw resets... it doesn't look DIRTY ENOUGH to me!!!
With wesker you can jab to counter. Must peeps push the grab button in the air trying to tech the grab. Have fun.

Oh, and I mean the "do I fighten you" counter.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
With wesker you can jab to counter. Must peeps push the grab button in the air trying to tech the grab. Have fun.

Oh, and I mean the "do I fighten you" counter.
That makes me think, for people who try to tech my Rocky reset, I could counter that by using Log Trap after the jab instead of the air grab, because they would be defenseless using their H attack. I would need to test this out first though because I'm not sure if they'll fall and just hit Rocky before he has the time to pull out another log.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
That makes me think, for people who try to tech my Rocky reset, I could counter that by using Log Trap after the jab instead of the air grab, because they would be defenseless using their H attack. I would need to test this out first though because I'm not sure if they'll fall and just hit Rocky before he has the time to pull out another log.
My knowledge on raccoon is pretty terrible, but that sounds even better!

Is log trap safe on block? Can you continue pressure after that?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My knowledge on raccoon is pretty terrible, but that sounds even better!

Is log trap safe on block? Can you continue pressure after that?
Not sure, but I do know that Bear Trap is safe on block, infact Rocky gets a pretty darn good frame advantage from it, but I'm not sure if that'd reach or if it would cause a ground bounce if it actually hit.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Stop trying to act like you're good smashking...that Smooth's job. :troll:
I have no idea if you're addressing me.
Smooth is indeed hilarious, however

@Jigglymaster: Are you on XBL? I've signed up for EVO this year and was wondering if you ever wanted to spar a little.

Not sure, but I do know that Bear Trap is safe on block, infact Rocky gets a pretty darn good frame advantage from it, but I'm not sure if that'd reach or if it would cause a ground bounce if it actually hit.[/quote

It doesn't cause ground bounce on a grounded opponent unless that's not what you meant. That and I believe bear trap reaches just barely half-screen. At that, you'd have to judge distance yourself.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hilarious?

About what? Not boasting about being good in a game like certain people in this thread that gets bodied by those who are? I'm ****ing pro at this thing called humbleness, man.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Wesker is better as a 2nd character than anchor tbh. I'd rather have Skrull, Akuma, Taskmaster, hell even Arthur as an anchor. No offense to arthur mains

That being said i've dropped wesker on my main team and decided to just mihe it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
@Jigglymaster: Are you on XBL? I've signed up for EVO this year and was wondering if you ever wanted to spar a little.

It doesn't cause ground bounce on a grounded opponent unless that's not what you meant. That and I believe bear trap reaches just barely half-screen. At that, you'd have to judge distance yourself.

Yeah I use XBL and we can spar. The Bear Trap/Log Trap reset in the corner seems to not really work that well, I think it's probably better off if I reset with boulder trap instead.

Top Bottom