• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I beat 2 guys online last night using my face to control the stick and left bumpers/trigger.

My sisters boyfriend nearly died from laughter.

Video coming soon.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wesker, After defeating Storm: Looks like the only weather you can't control . . . *shades* . . . are the winds of change.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I beat 2 guys online last night using my face to control the stick and left bumpers/trigger.

My sisters boyfriend nearly died from laughter.

Video coming soon.
A friend of mine won several matches in SSFIV by putting a coffee can on top of his stick and walking away.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wow.

9 hard tags in a combo. Epic.

I really liked that music too. Really captures the spirit of the video.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Also i never realized how much DHC Reset potential V.Joe has. it's like christ really?

Combo getting hit from joe = free unscaled combo from joe's partners looool.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Also i never realized how much DHC Reset potential V.Joe has. it's like christ really?

Combo getting hit from joe = free unscaled combo from joe's partners looool.
joe is crazy good on point, but you DO have to have them cornered or be significantly better than the other player (or use assists brilliantly) for him to at his full potential.

Savon

Smash Ace
In all honesty Joe really is a mediocre character. He does not have a lot going for him when you get right down to it, but nonetheless a good Joe can be pretty damn scary in the right hands.

*COUGH*Matador*COUGH*

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Tips against Haggar with Spidey?

All they do is approach me with pipes and Spidey doesn't have a fast airdash to get the grab like Viper does.
Don't challenge it, under any circumstamce.

What you're looking to do is knock him off his feet. If you can start a BnB some kinda way (like off an H web-ball or something) then good, but if not, run away and pushblock the second that he hits your guard. If you have an assist that can counter in that situation, that's when you should use it, then follow-up into your BnB.

The minute you find an opportunity while running, try for a web glide -> BnB or web throw. If you land the web throw, pressure him on wake-up with a block string or mix-up using an assist to prevent him from jumping. I THINK lariat can cause issues for this, but I don't think it comes out fast enough to be reliable on wake-up for Haggar.

TL;DR

Respect the pipe. It's completely disjointed, so even if you time a spider sting or s.S perfectly, the best that you can do is trade, which means he gets to capitalize off of the ground bounce. Stay away from him until you can lay safe pressure.

:phone:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
If you see Haggar Pipe, Web throw. lol. You could trade with Spider Sting. I mean he can't launch you after he gets hit out of his Pipe. It'll just put you in a bad position when you wake up.

If you had tons of projectiles it would be easier. ;) Chris. <3

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If you see Haggar Pipe, Web throw. lol. You could trade with Spider Sting. I mean he can't launch you after he gets hit out of his Pipe. It'll just put you in a bad position when you wake up.

Even if you trade, doesn't it still make you bounce off the ground? I recall then happening a few times...we'd trade, he'd hit the ground, dash foward, then start his BnB.

Reminds me of the original SF4 Ryu...

@ Serin: That sux, dude. I have no batteries for my Wiimote atm, lol.

*plugs PS3 controllers into PS3*

:awesome:!!!

:phone:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Haggars pipe will beat out the web throw 100% of the time unless you wanna take a guess and hope he comes down with it.

_Dice

Smash Ace
you can use crawler assault to punish a haggar that pipes in close, as well as wall jumping and web gliding away. haggar should not be able to catch a sufficiently mobile tobey maguire.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
RESPECT DAH MOTHER ****ING PIPE

I haven't played this game in a while. Prolly cuz I have no batteries.
Wired is the way to go. In this case, Arcade Stick preferred, but you really should just pick up a wired 360 controller if anything, saved me a ton when I used my Xbox a lot.

Speaking of Arcade Sticks, I've really been getting the hang of my TE! I finished Mission mode for three characters (Hulk, Sentinel, Ryu) already, when I had 0 done on pad. Feels good to see improvment, man.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Can they please please PLEASE nerf Tron assist, Dark Phoenix, Dormammus chip damage and Weskers strength or health.

They are all rigged.

Also Ammy needs more hitbox.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Tron assist isnt worth nerfing.

DP doesnt need a nerf, xfactor does.

I don't agree on dorm chip because I believe normals should chip. Having only specials and supers chip, and not normals is extremely dumb and is a huge buff to defense that I believe in MvC3 is undeserved.

Wesker, I think should have multihit moves rather than just directly nerfing his strength.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
they should cut sentinel's health down the 500K and triple his strength

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Tron assist isnt worth nerfing.

DP doesnt need a nerf, xfactor does.

I don't agree on dorm chip because I believe normals should chip. Having only specials and supers chip, and not normals is extremely dumb and is a huge buff to defense that I believe in MvC3 is undeserved.

Wesker, I think should have multihit moves rather than just directly nerfing his strength.

No.

Just no.

Smooth Criminal

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Um, no?

Normals don't chip in most fighting games, there's no reason to start now. :I
So what? Just because most fighters don't do it doesn't mean it's justification of any sort. Your reasoning is likened to people sticking with letter notation just because it's how it's been for a lot of fighters in the US.

I'm a stern believer that normals that cihp dramatically increases aggressive play and pressure and keeps overly defensive play to a minimum without the need of employing multiple/many other methods to create aggressive play.

If you're going to say no, you should provide some actual reasoning besides, "well other games don't do it."

Yeah, we should also put whiffing moves increasing meter again while we're at it.
I don't mind this at all. There was nothing wrong with this method of meter building per say. Having normals whiff build little meter is a great thing imo.

No.

Just no.

Smooth Criminal
Great reasoning and counter-statements, captain. You're riveting arguement against my statements have shown me the light in all the places I was dark and I'm eternally in your debt and will follow your wisdoms to the end of ****ing time.

Christ, you people. wtf.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Great reasoning and counter-statements, captain. You're riveting arguement against my statements have shown me the light in all the places I was dark and I'm eternally in your debt and will follow your wisdoms to the end of ****ing time.

Christ, you people. wtf.
Occam's Razor.

If you're too ******** to grasp why all normals shouldn't do chip damage (especially in a game LIKE MARVEL), you deserve a ******** answer.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You know, the more I think about it, the less this makes sense:

Dark Phoenix's health drains to counteract her extremely powerful offensive options, yet X-Factor nullifies the health drain, and Dark Phoenix is really only a problem when she's using X-Factor, so...

Why does Dark Phoenix's health drain?

Top Bottom