• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
At laser tag with some lady friends. I will be back online tonight. Also Serris, keep Deadpool, but I think you can do without Ironman

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I did Mission Mode with him, so I have a basic idea of what I'm doing with him now. Obviously not the greatest, but that Repulsor Blast assist is too good.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I did Mission Mode with him, so I have a basic idea of what I'm doing with him now. Obviously not the greatest, but that Repulsor Blast assist is too good.
there are some sick ironman combos out there, and he is really fast just take advantage of that.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Come on, PS3 players! We've got three in a lobby of eight and a chatroom with built-in YouTube embedding to keep you from getting bored!

EDIT: We switched over to Marvel vs. Capcom 2. If you have that, you can still play, I guess.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Firstly. Lame? You called me ********. **** off. You shouldnt be judging the level of insults period.

Secondly. I never claimed any form of difficulty in any of my posts. I didn't say it'd be easy, real easy, hard, hard as ****, so so, or anything.

I'm not going to dive into theorycraft about normals doing chip in Marvel because there are literally ZERO attributes on normals doing chip that we have ZERO clue what the outcome would be. I really dont even know why you're trying to theorycraft something that has ZERO attributes/variables set in place, but whatever.

You don't really understand what I'm saying either. I'm not even theorycrafting. All I've said is that the inclusion of a mechanic can be tweaked in a way in addition to everytihng else so that it fits and works.

That's it.

I'm done.
I can speculate if I want to. I can also vehemently disagree. I can also judge the severity of insults. Just like I can assume you're ******** (I don't think you really are) and just like you can assume I wear coke bottle glasses (which I don't).

@ Ripple:

It's not so much the blockstrings. If (BIG WORD, THAT "IF") it were like that, with normals doing chip damage or whatever, both players would try to avoid blocking as much as possible and (remember, my opinion) any defensive options would be reduced very badly. You could Hyper your way out of a blockstring, but there are very few supers in this game that are truly invincible on startup. Nearly all of them can be interrupted so a well-placed assist or a fast-acting normal (or even a fast Hyper combo) could stuff it easy. Also as Minato pointed out, MvC3 already caters to rushdown characters as it is. Just imagine if somebody like Wolvie could chip on his normals. Cheese and rice.

But I'm not allowed to theorycraft or anything like that, apparently. Neko's allowed.

Smooth Criminal

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Serris, GunmasterLombardi, and Matador. Sorry for that lag. My internet really is bad today since I'm even having trouble loading pages on my laptop. Lag was like Brawl lag, I couldn't get whatever combos I wanted to come out. Even MvC2 online was bad. :(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can't play at all. I don't have either

btw, stream tonight?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can't play at all. I don't have either

btw, stream tonight?
There actually is. Thanks for reminding me. Team Spooky has a stream up. I'm not sure if they might switch to MK9 later or something. WNF will be up later tonight. I'll put these on the front page.

_Dice

Smash Ace
There actually is. Thanks for reminding me. Team Spooky has a stream up. I'm not sure if they might switch to MK9 later or something. WNF will be up later tonight. I'll put these on the front page.
I think WNF is on friday because of remodelling, or was that last week

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hulk says "flame head!" when he calls in dormmamu lol

_Dice

Smash Ace
hulk says "flame head!" when he calls in dormmamu lol
he says "LITTLE MAN" when he calls in Vjoe, "CAT GURL" when calling in felicia, "Crazy lady" when calling in jill occasionally( LOL) and my favorite: "goldielocks" when calling in thor.

cutter

Smash Champion
So after watching Chris G body Noel Brown and perfect him on the stream, here's something that's been annoying me... how come the game doesn't tell you if you get a perfect?

The fact that Capcom forgot to put this in shows just how absolutely rushed this game was. How on earth do you leave out something as simple as that?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
or they didn't do it on purpose. not like they wouldn't take 10 min. of programming.

quit complaining over absolutely nothing

L__

Smash Master
So after watching Chris G body Noel Brown and perfect him on the stream, here's something that's been annoying me... how come the game doesn't tell you if you get a perfect?

The fact that Capcom forgot to put this in shows just how absolutely rushed this game was. How on earth do you leave out something as simple as that?
is it too hard for you to look at the screen and realize you haven't been hit

like really?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Guys, step off of your high horse. Cutters not some complaining scrub, he rarely ever complains about anything. Not to mention he's most likely better than 80% of the players that post here. He wasn't saying "man capcom suckz, why they aint put it the perfect, they lazy" he was saying how that shows that the game was rushed, which it obviously was.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Guys, step off of your high horse. Cutters not some complaining scrub, he rarely ever complains about anything. Not to mention he's most likely better than 80% of the players that post here. He wasn't saying "man capcom suckz, why they aint put it the perfect, they lazy" he was saying how that shows that the game was rushed, which it obviously was.
I blame Sirlin's playing to win article. It's like scrubs read that once and think "HURR ANY TYPE OF CRITICISM IS NOOB TALK"

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Which is the exact reason I don't go on SRK anymore. That and dismisive elitists, you know, the ones that I like "MK? Trash. Doujin? Trash. Anything other than footsie based gameplay? Trash."

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I went to some local casuals yesterday and cleaned up.

Offline is a billion times more fun and epic than online.

I have also decided that hidden missiles are the best Doom assist, even if they risk Doom getting messed up.

The amount of combos I broke/started yesterday because of them was unreal.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Which is the exact reason I don't go on SRK anymore. That and dismisive elitists, you know, the ones that I like "MK? Trash. Doujin? Trash. Anything other than footsie based gameplay? Trash."
They don't like doujins? I don't think you are talking about the doujins I'm familiar with.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Hey, Minato and Matador. You know how you were both wondering what was up with the lag last night? Turns out PlayStation Network is actually having service problems. It's on Sony's blog.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Ohhhh, well that makes sense, lol.

Guess that means whenever they fix it, we can give MvC2 a shot again too, huh?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you guys think this game was rushed? you guys are ********. look at how balanced the cast is! sure we have wesker and DP who are S tier but then we go down the line of viable characters and we get at least 10 usable at very high level.

taskmaster
tronne
dante
she hulk
trish
storm
magnus
sentinel
ammy
Dormmamu
zero

this game was not rushed at all looking at gameplay. you guys really need to stop saying it was.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Heads up, PS3 players:

PlayStation Network is under maintenance in both the United States and European Union. Not sure how long it's going to be, but we won't be able to play until they're finished.

Savon

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to go and get online. This is booty. I wanna try and improve my spencer. I think if I learn how to use his zipline wisley I could do some pretty tricky overheads and unblockable setups with She-Hulks torpedo assist. It turns out that Dormmamu and She-Hulk make a pretty good team.

Also, what does it mean to "cross up" somebody.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
you guys think this game was rushed? you guys are ********. look at how balanced the cast is! sure we have wesker and DP who are S tier but then we go down the line of viable characters and we get at least 10 usable at very high level.

taskmaster
tronne
dante
she hulk
trish
storm
magnus
sentinel
ammy
Dormmamu
zero

this game was not rushed at all looking at gameplay. you guys really need to stop saying it was.
Thank you for being a perfect example of what me and ETWIST just said.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I fail to see how I just gave an example of how this game was rushed.

you are crazy if you think wesker isn't top 8
So you are choosing to ignore all the gameplay glitches, the aerial exchange system (1 meter for 3/4 chance?), X-factor, everyones insane damage output, the DHC glitch. Lets not even go into the lackluster online (no replays or spectator mode?), and one of the worst mission modes I've ever experienced.

Also, just because everyone in this game is broken doesn't mean it is "balanced". Learn the difference between gameplay balance and character balance.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game and love playing it. It's just I see it for what it really is.

Savon

Smash Ace
I have to agree with Ripple on this one. When I watch streams I see a degree of variety in teams that I think simply did not exist in mvc2. Mvc3 gives you a pretty fair amount of room for a creative team. Also, Wesker is EASILY one of the best characters in the game. Honestly speaking, what is it bad at? He has great damage/mobility/assist. People say his biggest weakness manifests in his weak hypers, but I think being a great battery with amazing damage and OTG capabilities only makes a character better. That is not even taking into consideration is good health. He is top 5 material easily.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
because the game had glitches it becomes rushed? hardly. a glitch is a glitch, something unintended in gameplay. you can't just test for glitches. you test normal gameplay and if that works, testers are happy ( for the most part).

X-factor isn't a true problem imo. it's really only a problem with DP.

and everyone's damage output could be a problem. I don't think they thought this game would end up being so offensively based since we saw so many time outs when this first came out.

online's a problem with most games these days except like 3.

mission modes in ANY game are terrible. it wasn't meant to be good.

and I never said the top characters are broken. everyone of the characters I listed is very good. hardly broken except 2

_Dice

Smash Ace
Wesker has bad hypers (which is alright it's just an archetype) has issues continuing combos without assists, is predictable, incredibly weak to advancing guard (when used while jumping) because his upwards teleports are laggy and give him no momentum to continue forward with to get back in. His strength comes from people being bad at defense right now, and level 3 x factor. which makes every character good (and he's definitely not at the top for lvl 3 x factor'd characters).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also, what does it mean to "cross up" somebody.
Hitting from above and below to maximize your chances of getting a hit confirm, I think.
Just addressing this quickly, what Serris described is an unblockable setup, since it forces you to block both high and low.

A cross-up is when you jump over (or under, in the form of a cross-under) someone and attack them, forcing them to switch their guard direction or take a hit.

Top Bottom