• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Rejoice peasants, for I have come with a message from Krook:

He plans on finishing the subspace enemy spirits tonight, so if anyone would like to take a specific enemy, please let us know so we can reserve it for you. We will be moving on to Splatoon, but not before finishing subspace.

Cymul
Class: ✩✩ Advance
Type: Support/Shield, 1 slots
Trait: Item Gravitation
  • Puppet Fighter: Fox (Grey)
  • Stage: Skyworld
  • Music Track: Step: Subspace
  • Match: Stock
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy prefers down specials

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Rejoice peasants, for I have come with a message from Krook:

He plans on finishing the subspace enemy spirits tonight, so if anyone would like to take a specific enemy, please let us know so we can reserve it for you. We will be moving on to Splatoon, but not before finishing subspace.

Cymul
Class: ✩✩ Advance
Type: Support/Shield, 1 slots
Trait: Item Gravitation
  • Puppet Fighter: Fox (Grey)
  • Stage: Skyworld
  • Music Track: Step: Subspace
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy prefers down specials
I'd like to do Shaydas, Bombed, and Borboras.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Octoexpansion 2 Stage submission

Gnarly Rails Station
While not encompassing as the Metro nor as memorable as the Statue thing, I did want to include a stage that is from the beginning stages of the expansion content. I originally wanted to include a stage like Walleye Run or other multiplayer stages but I opted for this instead.

Players first start on the main platforms that players did during the story mode but, once it gets lit up with ink from unseen Octolings (like in Moray Towers), it will the take off. The stage is a moving one that moves along the rails much like it’s source material. There will even be zip pads that speeds the stage along but won’t affect the overall gameplay. It’s more akin to Lylat Cruise and North Cave as the stage itself it’s affected by traveling rather than some of the F-Zero stages.

The stage has two notable hazards: the Balloon Fish and Sanitized Octolings. The Balloon Fish will appear in the background and, once the stage approaches it, it will explode which damages players and inks them up which gives a status effect much like the Inkling’s ink. Sanitized Octolings also appear in a similar way and will target incoming players. They fire a poisonous ink that will gradually deal continuous amounts of damage.

There wouldn’t be any particular cameos but perhaps that Capn Cuttlefish or other Splatoon characters could appear. I digress I don’t know the series well. This stage may not be the most iconic or popular but it did introduce players to riding rails which was an unique gameplay feature.

To get a better grasp of the stage, please watch this video.

Paraster

Smash Lord
My last Subspace spirits:
1621643103959.png
Shaydas
Class
: ✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Primary/Neutral, 2 slots
Trait:
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Mr. Game & Watch (black)
  • Stage: Unova Pokemon League (hazards off)
  • Music Track: Step: Subspace Ver. 3
  • Match: Stamina
    • Mr. Game & Watch has 140 HP
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge
    • The enemy likes to jump
    • The enemy has increased move speed
1621643115691.png
Bombed
Class
: ✩✩ Advanced
Type: Support/Attack
Skill: Bob-omb Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Kirby (red) x3
  • Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom (Battlefield form)
  • Music Track: Step: The Plain
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Item: Bob-omb
    • Items are attracted to the enemy
1621643152633.png
Borboras
Class
: ✩ Novice
Type: Support/Shield, 3 slots
Skill: Undamaged Speed ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Waluigi (green)
  • Stage: Temple
  • Music Track: Step: The Plain
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Gust Bellows

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions soon. Please get any that you might have.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Deepsea Metro (you literally can't have an Octo Expansion stage without Deepsea Metro, the area you spent the majority of your game and a good gateway for new player who have interest into buying the DLC, this like having the Northern Cave be the first FF stage instead of the iconic Midgar. And also train related stages is always really fun)

Escape

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ending over Splatoon related content will be an Mii Fighter Costume! We will be featuring them later on in the Dorect but this one is an added bonus. Previously, Inkling Girl & Boy was featured as well as Splatoon 2 gender variants and Callie and Marie along with the Inkling cap.

Job #108: Submit a Splatoon Mii Fighter Costume

When submitting, please let us know what fighter type the costume is for. In addition, please explain if there are any changes to the character like the weapon they use. Finally, explain a bit about the source material and why the character deserves to get Mii Costumed.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 108
Crusty Sean (Brawler)

This guy's funny, he makes me roflcopter. He would have a mask head like Sans, and the 6 feet not in use would be animated clapping like the cat thing on Rex's back. His arms would be raised upwards to better fit the Mii's proportions. He would use his design from Splatoon 2

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 108

Off the Hook (Brawler/Gunner)

Off the Hook | Splatoon Wiki | Fandom

Self explanatory, Pearl and Marina are the new idol pop duo of Splatoon 2, taking over Callie and Marie's roles from the previous game. They play important roles in the Octo Expansion story campaign and are the NPCs the player sees the most in the second game just like the Squid Sisters in the first, hosting Inkopolis News everytime the game is started, as well as the Splatfests.

Since Callie was a Brawler and Marie a Gunner in the actual Ultimate, I decided to make Pearl a Brawler and Marina a Gunner in my concept to continue the theming.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Splatoon Mii Costume

The Emperor Gear (Mii Gunner)

Emperor gear (consist of Eminence Cuff + hair, Milky Eminence Jacket and Milky Enperials) is a special gear added as an additional content for Splatoon 2 as a promotion for the Splatoon manga (I highly recommend) published by CoroCoro. This outfit heavily based on the one worn by Team Emperor, a professional high level team and a temporary antagonist for the main crew, if you equipped the other Inkling headgear it will immediately turn yellow to match the actual color of the team and in the 3D render, neat!
I don't really hope much if this is going to win I just really like the Splatoon manga and would be really cool to have another 4th party related media in Smash.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 108

Jellyfish

It would be a brawler costume. These dudes appear in pretty much every area in the game except for the single player modes.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
JOB 108:
Inkling Hat (universal) and Gunner Costume (Splatoon 3)

In Ultimate, we have the boy and girl Inkling hats along with an outfit for Splatoon 1 and 2. Seeing as Splatoon 3 is coming out, I think this is a great opportunity to introduce some new Inkling attire.
The unisex Gunner costume would be the one you see above, with a white tee, black shorts, high-top grey shoes, and a crossbow for the weapon. Changing the color of the Mii will affect the color of the visible ink in the crossbow. Said crossbow would also be sized down to fit with Gunner proportions.
The female universal hat would be the one seen above, and the male one below.

(Unfortunately, cute lil' salmon guy will not be a part of this costume)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
(I actually submitted this a long time ago, but since I still like the idea, here it is again)
Sheldon (Mii Swordfighter)

One of the few recurring characters from both Splatoon 1 and 2, Sheldon is Splatoon's weapon expert. He's the man you got to go to in order to get the low down on the latest gear from blasters, to brushes, to buckets, and everything in between. His nerdy obsession with weaponry makes him one of the more memorable characters in the series.

As a Mii fighter, he naturally fits the proportions really well, making it pretty easy to picture him in that role. Being a horseshoe crab, he has one of the more unique designs in Splatoon, with his military jacket, helmet, binoculars (which he canonically wears due to developing near sightedness from staying up late and working on weapons), apron, etc. all giving him a nice distinct look.

With Sheldon being an expert in all of Splatoon's weaponry, he can realistically wield any weapon in the game. So for Smash, Sheldon comes equipped with the Undercover Brella! The Brella is one of Splatoon's most original and unique weapon types that is currently unrepresented in Smash. The Brella would be collapsed for most of Sheldon's attacks, but for certain Smash Attacks and Special Moves the umbrella unfolds to show off its unique aesthetic. Of course, this would only be a cosmetic trait, with no effects on gameplay.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To the thread,

We will be doing the alternate costumes within the Direct but we will be greatly redoing the entire process. In fact, we will be going back and looking at the alternate costumes that we previously submitted and holding a discussion regarding them to see if they actually make sense to keep or to discard for another pair. We hope to make the process streamlined and effective. I previously considered removing all four alt costumes per character but I decided to uphold my promise to include four new ones per character. That being said, we will be going back to the 64 and Melee characters to see if the recolors we submitted actually hold water or not. This is especially true for cases such as Yoshi's alt of Yoshi (especially if we don't include Geno) and other similar factors.

From Brawl outwards, we will be doing it here in the thread save for, perhaps, using things like GoogleForms or Strawpoll for easier polling. In addition, we intend to include the newcomers. I made alt costumes for Isaac, Bandana Dee, Waluigi, and Crash but none for the other characters which I believe are on the wikia or, if not, I can add them up. For that reason, we will also be holding submission and voting periods for alternate costumes for our newcomers.

Finally, and this probably the most controversial of the whole thing, we are regulating the alternate costumes to downloadable content. The general idea is that there will alts available for players to download which adds the alternate costumes. Generally speaking, recolor swaps will be far cheaper than full costumes. Each one can be purchased separately or purchased within a bundle. The bundle has yet to decided but something like "Melee Characters", "Metroid characters" or "villains". They will obviously be themed. With that being said, there is a chance that not all of the character's alt costumes can be purchased at one time but that can be up for discussion. The reason I decided on this is, because, I doubt we will be able to roll these out by the time this project launches which probably will be around August or September. Our in-game date is November 27th if I recall. In order to give us more time to work on launch content, I decided to regulate these to DLC bundles. We will be working on these sporadically throughout the summer and probably do 2-4 characters at a time to maximize time and efficiency.

We are open to suggestions, comments, and any discussion regarding the process of alt costumes. You can expect the first alternate costume discussion to happen.....

Right about now!

Since we just revealed DJ Octavio, I think now is an excellent time to open up discussions about alternate costumes for the Boss! We will be discussing alternate costumes before moving to Submissions in about 5 hours. We want to encourage people to continue discussion of the alternate costumes for DJ Octavio during the submission period because this helps with quality control as, in the past, we have had some zany ideas for alt costumes for characters. We want to ensure that these alts make sense rather than what seems fun, silly, or strange.

• Following this, we will enter into a voting phase if we get 13 or more submissions.
  • If we only get 12, we will tentatively accept them and will go under review with the Leadership team. I don't foresee this being an issue unless, like, if Octorok managed to make it past the quality control as a DJ Octavio alt and managed to secure enough votes/get through by default. I can see the Leadership Team vetoing it then.
  • If we get below 12, then the Leadership Team will fill in the rest.

We will also decide which alt costumes will be regulated to the DLC updates as well during this time.

So let's work on our first alternate costume discussion for DJ Octavio! When discussing, please highlight possible alternate costumes that would work and what source they are drawn from. What wouldn't work as a costume? If you have a question regarding something you plan to submit, now is the time! Would references to Splatoon baddies be better or, perhaps, colors that reference living octopi or, perhaps, colors that are attributed to music.

For those wondering what the requirements for submissions...

DO NOT SUBMIT YET! THIS IS INCLUDED TO HELP PREPARE! GET A SUBMISSION READY IN 5 HOURS
1) Image (to help better visualize. A recolor made by a participant would be even better)
2) Color (Green, Red, Yellow)
3) Class (Color Swap or Alternate Costume aka Skin)
4) Source (What is the source of the recolor or costume?)
5) Reason (Try to justify why this would be a skin to add. This would be very helpful for a submission that is potentially problematic.)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I guess I’ll start it off...

I think it would be fun to base some of DJ Octavio’s alts on real octopuses and squids as well as coloration of some baddies. In particular, the Blue swap should reference Blue-Ringed Octopuses.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I'd like to see an Octavio color scheme that uses a blue-and-orange color scheme to reference Cap'n Cuttlefish. If you wanted, you could also do a green-and-white one for Cuttlefish's Octo Expansion look.

I'd also like to second an idea Krookodilian Krookodilian made in his moveset submission to include Octavio's Splatoon 2 hat/glasses as an alternate costume. Maybe we could also include gold trim and gold fists on the Octobot King to reference its S2 version as well.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I want to take this time to formally welcome airConditioner airConditioner into the Leadership Team! She has been amazing with working behind the scenes with graphics, stock icons, wikia content, spirits, and tallying up our votes. Including Airconditioner will help the Leadership Team come to a consensus quicker regarding any issues that arises and, hopefully, people the project as we get over the April Direct and gearing up to the launch in November.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Splatoon Mii Costume Voting
Given Splatoon is a game with quite a lot of player customization, its quite fitting that we're adding more mii costumes from it. Thank you to everyone who submitted, I'm going to have really hard time deciding which to vote for. Your submissions are...

Crusty Sean (Brawler) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Off the Hook (Brawler/Gunner) Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Emperor Gear (Gunner) Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Jellyfish (Brawler) cashregister9 cashregister9
Splatoon 3 Inkling (Gunner) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Sheldon (Swordfighter) Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

We will be voting for our top three with the usual ranked voting rules applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom