• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job #95: MissingNo.

The way I see it, this Pokémon is sort of in a gray area with being included in Smash; on one end, it's a legitimate Pokémon with a number, a moveset, and a large amount of popularity. On the other, it was never intentionally created and doesn't have anything official about it because of that.
But why would I want this, and what could it bring?
I mainly want this character due to the possibly endless options it has for a moveset. It's a glitch and an unintentional creation, therefore it has no real stats or moves. It's an opportunity for creative liberty, and I love that. The only things MissingNo. has are four moves and a few forms: it can use Water Gun, Sky Attack, Pay Day, and Bind, and the forms it has are its famous glitched portraits, Kabutops and Aerodactyl fossils, and a ghost. These moves don't even have to work like they do in the games since MissingNo. is an anomaly.

What MissingNo. could bring has technically already been said. It could bring an entirely new way to fight. Attacks may not hit or have a set amount of damage to deal, its shielding duration may not be the same as others' at some times, and movements and animations may have graphical errors that don't even need to be fixed. That also goes for bugs too; MissingNo. might not need to be updated often due to what it is, and if they do it may just be for balancing changes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #95: Ketsuban (more commonly known as MissingNo.)

The way I see it, this Pokémon is sort of in a gray area with being included in Smash; on one end, it's a legitimate Pokémon with a number, a moveset, and a large amount of popularity. On the other, it was never intentionally created and doesn't have anything official about it because of that.
I mainly want this character due to the possibly endless options it has for a moveset. It's a glitch and an unintentional creation, therefore it has no real stats or moves. It's an opportunity for creative liberty, and I love that. The only things Ketsuban has are four moves and a few forms: it can use Water Gun, Sky Attack, Pay Day, and Bind, and the forms it has are its famous glitched portraits, Kabutops and Aerodactyl fossils, and a ghost. These moves don't even have to work like they do in the games since Ketsuban is an anomaly.
If MissingNo (please, let's not call it Ketsuban. Nobody likes the guy who calls Pokemon by their Japanese names) is eligible, I'm absolutely going to vote for it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a Gameplay Synopsis for the Adventure Mode Voting

Like Subspace Emissary Gameplay is very similar to that of Subspace Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Like World of Light Gameplay is very similar to that of World of Light Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Zelda II Style cashregister9 cashregister9
Connected Map Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Smash RPG SharkLord SharkLord

Thank you to everyone who submitted! Please vote for your top two gameplay styles. Ranked voting is in place, and you may not vote for your own.

Not only will we be starting the vote for the gameplay of our adventure mode, we will also be starting our next fighter submission period! Its one that I'm quite excited for...
This is a reminder to vote for your favorite Adventure Mode gameplay.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I mainly want this character due to the possibly endless options it has for a moveset. It's a glitch and an unintentional creation, therefore it has no real stats or moves. It's an opportunity for creative liberty, and I love that. The only things MissingNo. has are four moves and a few forms: it can use Water Gun, Sky Attack, Pay Day, and Bind, and the forms it has are its famous glitched portraits, Kabutops and Aerodactyl fossils, and a ghost. These moves don't even have to work like they do in the games since MissingNo. is an anomaly.

What MissingNo. could bring has technically already been said. It could bring an entirely new way to fight. Attacks may not hit or have a set amount of damage to deal, its shielding duration may not be the same as others' at some times, and movements and animations may have graphical errors that don't even need to be fixed. That also goes for bugs too; MissingNo. might not need to be updated often due to what it is, and if they do it may just be for balancing changes.
I struggle to believe this is allowed, but I so hope it is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pokémon submission
View attachment 312839
While these are two Pokemon, they would be grouped together under one fighter but still numbered in a similar vein as Pyra and Mythra. These two Legendaries from Sword and Shield would be the physical representation of offense and defense. Zacian would focus on hard-hitting wide sword slashes that deal high amounts of damage in a high risk/high reward mentality but Zamenta would focus on defense oriented attacks. It would have attacks with Super armor, can deflect projectiles naturally, and has rushdown moves while incorporating a defense is the best offense mentality. As for switching, we could go the Zelda/Shiek way or use something different.
Already submitted.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Already submitted.
Thanks. Deleted my post.

While this is more of a “this is just one of my personal favorites” submission rather than a realistic one...

Chandelure

Chandelure was once a Smash Run enemy but it’s inclusion in Pokken Tournament managed to solidify itself as a major contender for game inclusions in the Pokedex. As a rep of the 5th Gen, it’s inclusion would be rather appropriate given we don’t have one yet but we don’t have a stage. We also don’t have a Ghost-type so that would be quite interesting to see. I would imagine that Chandelure would have a few of his attacks like Will-o-Wisps, Fire Spin, Nightshade, or Hex. It would even be cooler if it got a unique gimmick like Flash Fire where hitting it with an explosion or fire attack boosts its attack power up and slightly damages it.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

What about all of those designs mashed together into some kind of chimera abomination?
This.jpg

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While it was certainly an unique submission, Missingo will be considered ineligible for submissions due to it being recognized by the Pokémon Company as an official Pokémon. Missingo, while iconic to Red, Blue, & Yellow, is still a glitch with very little marketing and attraction appeal which is something that typically comes with Pokémon newcomer inclusions. Missingno is a newcomer submission that we are going to have to ultimately reject for those following reasons.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
7dd.png

Hey guys its Leaker123mcGee coming at you wtith a hot leak about new Super Smash Brosh Infinity game.

E3 Reveals:
  • Wurmple (Caterpie echo), uses string moves
  • new assist trophies revealed (Dr. Egman deconfirm, Andross is monkie. hatsune miku???)
  • more bosses - Perfect chao, satan, great mighty poo - Conker)
  • how ends with final character reveal, it is Angry bird (all of them)

You dont have to believe me but this is what iknow. take it with a grain of salt.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
View attachment 312847

Hey guys its Leaker123mcGee coming at you wtith a hot leak about new Super Smash Brosh Infinity game.

E3 Reveals:
  • Wurmple (Caterpie echo), uses string moves
  • new assist trophies revealed (Dr. Egman deconfirm, Andross is monkie. hatsune miku???)
  • more bosses - Perfect chao, satan, great mighty poo - Conker)
  • how ends with final character reveal, it is Angry bird (all of them)

You dont have to believe me but this is what iknow. take it with a grain of salt.
Imagine if Blocked Content actually believes this and makes a video on it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 95

Eevee

Eevee - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki

Eevee is a popular Pokemon from Gen 1 with the unique ability to evolve into a large set of different evolutions of all different types, called Eeveelutions. The Pokemon was popular enough to become the starter mascot of Pokemon Let's Go alongside Pikachu and was the starter of the rival Blue in the original Pokemon Yellow. Eevee would have plenty of attacks at its disposal from the Pokemon games, and for its Final Smash could summon all its Eeveelutions to attack.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Pokémon Newcomer Voting
Inteleon C chocolatejr9
Trubbish Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Regigigas PeridotGX PeridotGX
Gardevoir Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Sceptile Otoad64 Otoad64
Zacian & Zamazenta @cashregister9
Lugia BowserKing BowserKing
Cinderace Perkilator Perkilator
Scizor Speed Weed Speed Weed
Zoroark CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Serperior ahemtoday ahemtoday
Meowth Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Melmetal Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Mimikyu evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Toxtricity Jomosensual Jomosensual
Grovyle & Shiny Celebi Krookodilian Krookodilian
Lycanroc warpenguin55 warpenguin55
Decidueye airConditioner airConditioner
Appletun SharkLord SharkLord (Disqualified as he is a pokeball mon)
Flygon SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Kommo-o Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Weavile Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
Chandelure Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Eevee Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
and an honorable mention to Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace 's Missingno submission, which is not eligible to be voted on.

Whew, thats 25 whole submissions! (and not a single one was Krookodile) .Thank you to everyone who submitted! We will be voting for our top three with ranked voting in place, and your own submission can only be in Second or Third place. May the best 'mon win!

If I missed a submission or linked a post wrong just @ me and I will fix it.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Cinderace
2. Zaican & Zamazenta
3. Toxicitry

As you could tell with my votes, I'm going solely gen 8 here. Seems like the most ideal way to go.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
  1. Meowth - On top of simply deserving it (I genuinely believe that he’s the biggest Nintendo All-Star missing from Smash), he could also be extremely fun. In regards to moveset potential, there is a lot you can do with him. You could focus on his cat like features and have him be a quick and combo heavy lightweight, or you can make him a bit more campy by having him be a summoning character, given that he’s one of the few Pokémon who is known for actually using Pokeballs. Perhaps we can even straight up incorporate Team Rocket into his moveset. There really is a lot of potential here.

More importantly though, Meowth has p e r s o n a l i t y. If we take influence from the anime (which we definitely should), that opens the door for one of the most entertaining characters Smash has ever had. In a game full of silent protagonists and self insert avatar characters, Meowth can really stand out. He’s a “villain” but isn’t necessarily evil. He could really shine in our adventure mode if we choose to pair him up with someone like Ganon or Sephiroth. Have him be the bumbling, but lovable sidekick who has all of the funny quips and one liners. Something like Iago or Lefou.
  2. Decidueye - The last Pokémon game that I played to completion was Pokémon Y. Sun/Moon never really gripped me and I haven’t even bought Sword/Shield. On my Moon playthrough, I never even evolved my Rowlet into Decidueye. That said, I still love this Pokémon. Decidueye speaks to me on so many levels. I love grass starters, ghost types, birds, archers. Literally everything about Decidueye’s design is the coolest thing ever. I’d love to see how he’d play in Smash.
  3. Grovyle - What can I say? Krook is killing it with his submissions. Makes it hard not to vote for his ideas.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
The amount of great picks here. Makes me think we should make a Pokken 2 thread sometime in the future.

I'm going to need some time to think about which ones I'm voting for. Also, didn't we vote for Appletun to be a Pokeball Pokemon?

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
The amount of great picks here. Makes me think we should make a Pokken 2 thread sometime in the future.

I'm going to need some time to think about which ones I'm voting for. Also, didn't we vote for Appletun to be a Pokeball Pokemon?
We did indeed Include Appletun as a pokeball mon. Whoops. I'll remove him from the voting options.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Question to Meowth voters: what would he do? It has no special abilities, it's just a cat on two legs. What would make it unique enough to make it worth consuming a slot? If it was a transformation character between the regional variants I'd get it, but just a plain Kanto meowth?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Question to Meowth voters: what would he do? It has no special abilities, it's just a cat on two legs. What would make it unique enough to make it worth consuming a slot? If it was a transformation character between the regional variants I'd get it, but just a plain Kanto meowth?
Pay day, for one.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom