• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 72:

Mii Costume:

The Charlie Doll

The Charlie Doll is a collectable in RE3 found throughout the map. He would be a Mii Brawler costume with his attire being obvious. I think Charlie would be a good Mii Costume choice since he's a fairly recognizable character from the series and would also not deconfirm anyone people would want as a fighter. Those types of combos are always good in my opinion.

Assist Trophy: Ada Wong

Ada is one of the more popular characters in the series and perhaps the most popular of the non "big 4" characters of the series. She appears in RE2, 4, and a number of the non numeral RE games as well as being a playable character from RE6. She would show up and target one player with a variety of attacks based on weapons from the game. I think she works pretty well for an AT due to the fact that while nobody seems to be really talking about her as playable, she's without a doubt important to the series.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Assist Trophy: Jack Baker

He may seem like an ordinary middle-aged man from the bayou but after his family encountered an unconscious woman named Eveline, their life took a nose-dive. Hailing from the critically acclaimed “Resident Evil: Biohazard”, he will attack with his trademark chainsaw scissors. While he can be damaged and staggered, he is the only Assist Trophy which can be damaged but can’t be KO’d. This is due to his immense regeneration ability. When damaged significantly, muscular tissue will wrap around him as he regenerates which gives a bit of a pause in the action. He is rather sluggish but is amazingly strong. When he first spawns, he says “Welcome to the family!”

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If Leon won (which isn't looking too likely), I was going to submit Jeanne as an echo and make a joke about how we were copying MVC4, with both Leon and a Scarlet Witch.
If there's ever a job in the future that requests two 3rd Party echoes (which we haven't had any jobs for yet), this combination might technically still be possible.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Assist Trophy: Jack Baker

He may seem like an ordinary middle-aged man from the bayou but after his family encountered an unconscious woman named Eveline, their life took a nose-dive. Hailing from the critically acclaimed “Resident Evil: Biohazard”, he will attack with his trademark chainsaw scissors. While he can be damaged and staggered, he is the only Assist Trophy which can be damaged but can’t be KO’d. This is due to his immense regeneration ability. When damaged significantly, muscular tissue will wrap around him as he regenerates which gives a bit of a pause in the action. He is rather sluggish but is amazingly strong. When he first spawns, he says “Welcome to the family!”
I love this idea, but wouldn't Jack raise the game's age rating? He gets... pretty gory when damaged in RE7.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 72: Boss

Albert Wesker

This is a weird one. It is not just Wesker by his lonesome he is accompanied by Uroboros Mkono and Uroboros Aheri.

Each Urboros Manifestation have their own health bar

Mkono will be on the main stage and will charge and try to grab and smash you with their arms

Aheri will be in the background and has 4 cores that will occasionally appear on the main stage. The only way you can deal damage to Aheri is by attacking those cores. Aheri may also occasionally spawn Uroboros tentacles that will attach to players and slow them down or reverse their controls.

Wesker is just standing on a platform in the background in front of Aheri taunting you.

Once both Uroboros bosses are destroyed Wesker will transform into Uroboros Wesker

He gains some size and a health bar and he will jump around and try to pummel and grab you with his giant arm, Spawn Uroboros tentacles, and large boulders will fall from the ceiling. he is also accompanied by Urobros Reapers who try to puncture you. Defeat this form to complete the fight.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The person who submitted Mansion Basement as the first song for RE in the music doc:

View attachment 308045
I'm not opposed to including that song as a joke, but if we do it has to go to the full music list and not some "bonus" number 0 spot, if you're gonna be a laughing joker, devote yourself to it.

Also, quick question: shouldn't the "Others" songlist's total cap have expanded with the addition of Nintendo Land and Tetris?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm not opposed to including that song as a joke, but if we do it has to go to the full music list and not some "bonus" number 0 spot, if you're gonna be a laughing joker, devote yourself to it.

Also, quick question: shouldn't the "Others" songlist's total cap have expanded with the addition of Nintendo Land and Tetris?
Honestly Resident Evil has so many good tracks, I feel like we should just expand the song list number in the future. Capcom's been fairly generous IRL with the number of Mega Man and Street Fighter tracks both totaling over 30 (I know technically half the Street Fighter tracks are remixes of each other, but still), so I feel 13 is kinda low for RE.....

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

There are more than several songs for Tetris already; not only the ones already in the game but also those we included. In addition, it would make sense for it to share music with other puzzle games. As for Nintendo Land, I actually support the idea that all music from the franchises that was included in the game are available to be used on the stage.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
There are more than several songs for Tetris already; not only the ones already in the game but also those we included. In addition, it would make sense for it to share music with other puzzle games. As for Nintendo Land, I actually support the idea that all music from the franchises that was included in the game are available to be used on the stage.
Nintendo Land is a transforming stage, right? So what if My Music allowed you to choose the individual songs for each transformation - for example a DK song would have a Crash Course logo next to it and play when the stage is in Crash Course form, then change to a Metroid song when in Metroid Blast form - and when selecting a specific song for a match on the stage select screen, that's a way of limiting it to one specific form?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, sorry but I had to get this out quickly so I made a less-than-detailed post. We will proceed to vote for our favorite Assist Trophies from Resident Evil For the Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes, please vote for your top two favorites. We are doing Ranked Voting. One character can’t win more than one category.

Assist Trophy
Grave Digger Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Nemesis cashregister9 cashregister9
Albert Wesker Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
HUNK GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Ada Wong Jomosensual Jomosensual
Jack Baker Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Mii Costume
Umbrella Corps Soldier Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Ethan Winters CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Mr. X GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Sheva Alomar Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
The Charlie Doll Jomosensual Jomosensual
Ada Wong Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12

Boss

Foe the bosses, please vote for only one

Nemesis GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
El Gigante Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Albert Wesker cashregister9 cashregister9

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
First RE spirit Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Sherry Birkin (Resident Evil 2) (Artwork: Resident Evil 2 Remake)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Shield, 2 slots
Effect: Can be enhanced at Lvl. 99
Sherry Birkin (Resident Evil 6)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Shield, 2 slots
Effect: Poison-floor Immunity
Jill Valentine (Brainwashed) (Resident Evil 5)
Class: Ace
Type: Support Attack, 1 slots
Effect: Additional Midair Jump
  • Summons:
    • X Parasite's Core
    • Young Samus' Core
    • Albert Wesker's Core

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #73: Submit a Third-Party Echo Fighter

I want to proceed forward with deciding our third-party Echo fighter but, before we do, I need to clarify a few things. This submission is actually extremely important as it will affect the future of potential inclusions later on in the launch roster and, potentially, the DLC roster.

A Resident Evil submission is allowed.

That being said, including a Resident Evil Echo Fighter or a Mega Man Echo Fighter means that a Capcom fighter will not be permitted in our first DLC season, and, potentially, into our second. The reasoning behind that is that, if we include a 3rd party Echo from Capcom, that means the company will have 5 total characters on the roster. Add another and that's six so, in order to keep our roster balanced, I want to try to restrict our number of Capcom reps. So please know that submitting a Resident Evil or Mega Man Echo fighter could lead to a Capcom fighter getting locked out in future DLC seasons.

Furthermore, including a third-party Echo Fighter means they will be the sole representative of their company on the launch roster. That means that other fighter's from that same company will have to wait till later DLC seasons to be included. For example, if Crash is revealed for Fighter's Pass 2, then Phoenix Wright is technically up next but he has been regulated as potential DLC material as we included Jill as our launch Capcom rep. If we go with a Capcom Echo rep, then Phoenix and any Capcom rep is entirely out for at least the first DLC season. That means the next character up is Dr. Eggman. However, if we vote on a Sega Echo fighter, then that fighter will represent Sega which means Dr. Eggman will be regulated to DLC like Phoenix. The next fighter will then be Sora but, if we go with a Square-Enix Echo fighter, then we go next in line which is either Lloyd, Doomslayer, or Shantae if I recall.

Basically, one company is going to be shafted with an echo Fighter rep and we have to decide which company will get shafted. Some may say, "Let's not include a 3rd party echo fighter then" but, according to the executives in Nintendo, we contractual have to include one.

I understand that Simon and Richter set a precedent that we can have a newcomer and an echo fighter to represent that company but, last time I checked, Sonic the Hedgehog, PAC-MAN, and Final Fantasy aren't new series. Furthermore, Simon and Richter are from the same series. Jill and, whoevever we choose (if not a RE rep), will be from either different Capcom series or an entirely different company.

It will be a hard decision but its a decision that we will have to make.

So, which Echo Fighter are we going to submit? Our current applicable fighters are:

1) Snake
2) Sonic
3) Mega Man
4) PAC-MAN
5) Cloud
6) Bayonetta
7) Joker
8) Hero
9) Banjo & Kazooie
10) Terry
11) Steve
12) Sephiroth
13) Crash

Choose and submit wisely as it will affect other characters down the line.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
alright, finally get to use this submission:

Job 73:
Proto Man (Mega Man Echo)

Proto Man is a major character in the Mega Man series. Being Mega Man's older brother, and being the Prototype for all Robot Masters including Mega Man, he would fit into the echo role nicely. I imagine him being not too different from Mega Man himself, though he should have a more stoic personality, and he needs to use the shield in some way.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Echo Fighter

Zack Fair (Cloud's Echo)

Cloud's best friend and the original wielder of the Buster Sword, he plays an important role in FF7 regarding Cloud's discovery of his origin and backstory and also the main character of Crisis Core, a prequel to FF7 who is a fellow coworker along with Sephiroth when he is still serving under Shinra. Zack is basically the middle man between Cloud and Sephiroth despite lacking his own popularity and importance in the gaming landscape. From the image itself you can tell that he's going to be an echo of Cloud, both wield the Buster Sword, known each other and probably have the same height and ability there's no doubt he is a perfect fit.​

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm mostly submitting this one because my best friend has gone on record NUMEROUS times about how him not being an Echo in Ultimate was perhaps the biggest missed opportunity possible.

Third Party Echo Fighter: Liquid Snake
SSBU_spirit_Liquid_Snake.png

Liquid Snake is the main antagonist of Metal Gear Solid, and a very important character throughout the series. Created as a clone of the legendary soldier Big Boss (seemingly with his recessive genes), Liquid became a member of FOXHOUND, coming to blows with his fellow clone/twin brother Solid Snake after launching a hostile takeover of Shadow Moses Island in an attempt to gain Big Boss's remains. As I just now noted, Liquid shares a lot of the same traits as Solid Snake by virtue of them both being clones of the same person. Ergo, it wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibility to assume that he would be able to fight in much of the same way, albeit with minor differences to set them apart competitively.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Assist
  • Ada Wong
  • Wesker
Mii Costume
  • Ada Wong
  • Charlie Doll
Boss
  • Nemesis

Job 73: Shadow the Hedgehog (38ε)
Shadow.png
Sonic's longtime rival for 20 years, Shadow the Hedgehog finally breaks free of being an Assist Trophy and joins the battle as the Blue Blur's Echo Fighter.
Intro: Shadow Chaos Controls onto the stage

Stance/Idle 1: Shadow stands around with his arms folded
Idle 2: Shadow occasionally glares towards the camera
Idle 3: Shadow occasionally glares to the background

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Shadow the Hedgehog (default)
  2. Multiplayer alt 1 (yellow)
  3. Upper left concept art (grey)
  4. Shadow Mephiles (cyan)
  5. Multiplayer alt 2 (pink)
  6. Multiplayer alt 3 (blue)
  7. Multiplayer alt 4 (orange)
  8. Multiplayer alt 5 (green)
Walk: Shadow walks with his fists curled up
Dash: His signature slide across the floor using his Air Shoes
Damage: His damage animation from Shadow the Hedgehog
Jump: Same as Sonic’s
Crouch: Same as Sonic’s

Normal Attacks
Jab: Same as Sonic’s, except Shadow punches twice and then follows up with an upward kick (9%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Same as Sonic’s (9%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Same as Sonic’s (7%, small knockback)
Up+A: Same as Sonic’s (10%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Same as Sonic’s (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Shadow’s second kick from Shadow the Hedgehog’s intro (12%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Shadow’s first kick from Shadow the Hedgehog’s intro (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Same as Sonic’s (13%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Shadow’s downward punch from Shadow the Hedgehog’s intro (14% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Shadow pushes the opponent by slightly hovering with his Air Shoes (9%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Same as Sonic’s (11%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Same as Sonic’s (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Shadow’s kick against Silver in 06 (17%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Same as Sonic’s (20%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Sonic’s down Smash from Brawl (16%, OK knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Shadow grabs the opponent in the chest.
Pummel: Shadow punches the opponent with his open hand (3%)
Forwards+Throw: Shadow simply tosses the opponent (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Same as Sonic’s (9%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Shadow teleports behind the opponent and kicks them from behind (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Same as Sonic’s (8%, small knockback)

Special Moves
B : Homing Attack
; same as Sonic’s, but it sends opponents farther (17%, OK knockback)
B + Forwards : Light Speed Dash; similar to PAC-MAN’s Power Pellet, but with rings, and you can’t change the angle of them (12%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Chaos Control; Shadow teleports in the direction the player moves the control stick. Opponents close to Shadow would be pushed back (small knockback) and slowed down for a bit.
B + Down : Spin Charge; same as Sonic’s but takes a bit longer to charge (13%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Chaos Inferno; Shadow turns into Super Shadow and uses Chaos Control to slow down time. Rouge and Omega appear to attack opponents; Rouge dashes all over the place by flying, similar to Super Sonic (3% per hit, small knockback) and Omega fires giant laser beams that rain down all over the arena as pillars (10% each, OK knockback). Shadow then time-freezes the opponents and reverts back to normal, giving him time to either fall back or attack opponents while they’re frozen (one hit unfreezes them).

Gimmick: Echo Fighter of Sonic

Taunts
1: “I’m the Ultimate life form.” Shadow’s loosely mimics his pose from Sonic 06
2: “How pathetic.” Shadow tosses a Chaos Emerald up and down before putting it back, mimicking his introduction to Sonic in SA2
1+2: “My name is Shadow…” Shadow mimics his artwork for Sonic Adventure 2

Winposes
1: “Anyone who gets in my way is my enemy.” Shadow loosely mimics his pose from Shadow the Hedgehog’s box art
2: “There’s no time for games.” Shadow’s victory pose from Shadow the Hedgehog, when he gets a Chaos Emerald (he specifically holds the green one)
2a: “Game over, Sonic.” Vs. Sonic
3: “This is the ultimate power!” Shadow’s victory pose from Sonic Heroes, along with Rouge and Omega

Applause: Shadow folds his arms and closes his eyes in disappointment.
Icon: Sonic series icon
Boxing Ring Title: The Ultimate Life Form
Star K.O.: “Not heeeerrrrrre…!”
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/ICE8ZPfIrck
Kirby Hat: Shadow’s quills and ears
Shadow's playstyle is primarily based on his appearance in SA2, where he was mostly identical to Sonic.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Assist: Ada Wong and Albert Wesker
Mii Costume: Umbrella Corps Soldier and Mr. X
Boss: Nemesis

Job 73: Adriene, Hex, Valorie, Hal - Minecraft: Dungeons (Steve Echo Fighter)

Okay this is gonna be one of the more out there suggestions but the variety for third party echoes is kind of low so I'll spice up the pool a bit. As echo fighters of Steve, these characters, which would be alts of each other, are the four main canonical skins used in Minecraft Dungeons. Perhaps the tools they use would aesthetically reflect the Dungeons world design instead of the base Minecraft ones.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 73:

Ms Pac-Man

Ms Pac Mac is well... the female counterpart to Pac-Man. While Pac Man is regarded as one of the most iconic games and characters in gaming history, it's safe to say that most if not all people also know of Ms Pac Man. Now that they seemingly won the law suit issues involving the character as well, it seems there's not much in the way of her now. She'd most likely be a 1-1 echo of Pac-Man. At the bare minimum though, Ms Pac-Man is iconic enough to warrent a place in Smash, even though there's likely not a path to a full unique moveset for her out there

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So this echo fighter is going to be the sole representative for their company? Well it’s a good thing that the best SNK character just so happens to be very similar to Terry!

Echo Submission
Rock Howard
7545FC18-E6B9-4CF8-9EF1-86A2C5490C09.png
Rock Howard is the son of the series antagonist, Geese Howard. After Geese fell to his death, Rock was adopted by none other than Terry Bogard. Rock’s first appearance was in Garou: Mark of the Wolves and he has since appeared as a playable fighter in many other SNK games.

Since he was raised by Terry, Rock shares a very similar fighting style to him, while still having his own unique flair. He might require a handful of differences, but most of Terry's moves would transfer really well. This would make Terry and Rock a good mirror to Ryu and Ken. As an echo fighter, Rock is a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Can I be honest here and say that I don't think the "we can't do a new unique character from a company if an echo from that company wins" rule is very good? Only having one unique character per company I'd absolutely understand, but this just comes across as overly limiting and makes characters that otherwise would have been neat additions feel like a waste

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Assist
1. Wesker
2. Jack Baker

Mii Costume
1. Ada Wong
2. Umbrella Corps Soldier

Boss
Nemesis

------------------------

Job 73

Heroine

This would be an echo of hero. There are several girl protagonists in the Dragon Quest franchise and it was shame none of them were represented. For an echo they would be lighter and faster and would have different spells then hero. I know that putting alts in the initial submission is a bit lame but It was for proving the point. the heroines in this post are Anlucia, 3, 4, 9.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 73

Coco Bandicoot

Coco Bandicoot | SpongeStorm Wiki | Fandom

Coco Bandicoot would be an echo of Crash, sharing many of his moves as his sister. She has appeared in pretty much every Crash game since Warped and is a major character in the series that controls identically to Crash in Crash 4, paving the way for her to be perfect echo material in Smash.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Assist:
Wesker
Grave Digger

Mii:
Mr. X
Umbrella Corps Soldier

Boss:
Nemesis
These are the renders that are being used for Crash and Barista on the front page and wiki, so the banner should probably be updated to reflect that.
View attachment 307949View attachment 307950
This is major nitpick territory, but I think Barista's background color could be made slightly darker to match the color of this box art. basically more of a gold rather than a yellow.
View attachment 307951
And one final thing is that everywhere else we've gone with the full title of "Bandana Waddle Dee" for our boy in blue. I personally prefer "Bandana Dee" as thats what most people call him in the Kirby fandom, but technically his name officially is "Bandana Waddle Dee", and is also the name used for his Ultimate spirit. So that should also probably be updated to reflect that as well.

EDIT: and now that I'm thinking about names Crash is just listed as "Crash" but Jill is "Jill Valentine". Should they both have their full titles, "Crash Bandicoot" and "Jill Valentine" or only first name, "Crash" and "Jill"? I'm not super familiar with either series, so I'm not sure which way would be best but I thought I would mention it since its inconsistent in its current incarnation.
Thank you! I'll make all of these updates when I have the time.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #73: Leon S. Kennedy (Jill Echo)
1616343664240.png

Leon is a man who needs no introduction; he's the rookie police officer of Racoon City who was one of the few survivors of the outbreak, to the American Federal Agent who saved the president's daughter from Los Iluminados. Leon is one of the most popular Resident Evil characters, even in account to the other big 4, as one of the main protagonists in RE2 and the protagonist in RE4, he appears in 4 of the live action movies and seems to be a major character in the Netflix series. Leon even has a good track record with Nintendo, RE4 was originally supposed to be GameCube exclusive, he appears in 3DS exclusive Project X Zone 2, and most of his games are on Nintendo consoles. Heck, Leon is so popular some would prefer him over Jill Valentine, and he's definitely a highly requested character.

Some may say the height issue with Jill and Leon would be problematic, but I beg to differ. Some echo and alt skins have different height but still work; for example, Olimar is 0.75 inches, while Alph (a skin for him) is 0.64 inches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom