• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think you could justify a fourth party, if in an alternate universe where they were always a video game character, they would still be worth adding. Say I told you there was a character who was pretty prominent in a popular fighting game series and had a PS4 game that sold 15 million copies. Seems like they're inclusion would be warranted... until I told you the character was Spider-Man.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
another spirit submission, but this time it's not a battle but summons
Cat Machine (Rhythm Tengoku)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Neutral, 1 Slot
Effect: Irreversible Controls

Summons:
  • Rover's Core
  • Mettaur's Core
Can also be purchased at Timmy and Tommy's Shop
Horse Machine (Rhythm Tengoku)
Class: Ace
Type: Support Grab, 1 Slot
Effect: Dash Attack ↑↑

Summons:
  • Gyromite's Core
  • Rapidash's Core
Can also be purchased on Timmy and Tommy's Shop
Love-san (Rhythm Tengoku)
Class: Legend
Type: Support Attack, 2 Slot
Effect: Healing Taunt

Summons:
  • Postman's Core
  • Rise Kujikawa's Core
  • Amy Rose's Core

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
The job is for companies, not series. And Square Enix has already been proposed.
I'm aware of that.
Job #68: Submit a Third Party Company for us to Submit a Newcomer From

Like how we submitted franchises previously for the first party newcomer, we will submit a third party company to submit a newcomer from to reveal at the Game Awards Show. This includes companies such as Ubisoft, Capcom, Sega, etc. Once we decide on the company, we will then submit a character from that company. There are a few rules though:

1. The character must have an moderately established relationship with Nintendo. This means having more than just two games on a Nintendo system. Companies like Rockstar, Valve, Sony PlayStation Studios, etc.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1615431217274.png
Karate Joe's Father (Rhythm Heaven Megamix)
Class: Legend
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: Hyper Smash Attacks
  • Enhance from the Karate Joe spirit at Lv. 99
1615431297761.png
See and Saw (Rhythm Heaven Fever) (Artwork: Rhythm Heaven Megamix)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Toss & Meteor, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Yoshi (Navy), Yoshi (Navy), Barista (Default)
  • Stage: Pictochat 2 (Seesaw)
  • Music Track: See-Saw
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors down special (Yoshi), The enemy loves to jump (Yoshi), The enemy favors up smash (Barista)
1615431408518.png
1615431542807.png
Captain Blue Bird & Blue Birds (Rhythm Heaven) (Artwork: Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Floaty Jumps, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Falco x3 (Green), Tiny Falco (Gray)
  • Stage: Pilotwings
  • Music Track: Bluebirds
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Hostile assist trophies will appear (Burrowing Snagret), Certain items will appear in large numbers (Cucco)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Yeah im team no 4th parties too. The way i see it there's still a ton of great video game characters who aren't even talked about for smash. We don't need to open the door to Yoda or Lebron James yet
Yeah I'm on team "no 4th Party" too, there's still some games worth an inclusion and also the term "4th party" is really broad which honestly could make a whole new Smash rip-off or crossover game with how expansive the genre is from movie, cartoon to anime.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be finishing the submission for third party companies within 8 hours so please make sure you get them in on time!

Here are the results of the Social Media submissions

Twitter Arena cashregister9 cashregister9 0
Smash x Spotify Jomosensual Jomosensual 1
Steam, Playstation, and XBox Accessibility Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 1
Reddit Application Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 1
New Stage: Twitter Dot Com PeridotGX PeridotGX 10

So it looks like we will be adding a new stage based on Twitter. Craziness lol. The question is: will this stage be attributed to the Smash universe or Twitter universe?

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what implications creating a twitter Universe would have on the rest of the game (Twitter spirits?), but I assume since the Miiverse stage was a part of the Miiverse universe the twitter stage would be part of the twitter universe.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My submission for a third party company

Marvelous is a video game developer and producer well known for titles such as Harvest Moon or known as Story of Seasons currently, Senran Kagura, Rune Factory, Daemon x Machima, Fate/Extra, No More Heroes, and more. It has an established relationship with Nintendo that has spanned generations of consoles and continue to produce quality content despite a rather rocky history.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As before, we will be implementing the ranked voting which means your first choice will register as 3 points while your third choice was get a single point. Please vote for the best companies that you think should be given a character slot on the roster. It always helps to give a reasoning behind your vote; especially in a prompt like this where there any many options to choose from. Please avoid voting for your own.

Sega Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Bethesda CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Level 5 Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Toby Fox PeridotGX PeridotGX
2K Jomosensual Jomosensual
Capcom Otoad64 Otoad64
Bandai-Namco Perkilator Perkilator
Square-Enix BowserKing BowserKing
Koei-Tecmo Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Spike Chunsoft Yiptap Yiptap
Nippon Ichi C chocolatejr9
Nihon Falcom cashregister9 cashregister9
Ubisoft Krookodilian Krookodilian
Disney GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Pop Cap Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Marvelous! Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1. Bamco
they literally develop the game i think they deserve more than just funny pac man
2. Falcom
falcom
3. Spike Chunsoft
i want to bring back the dangy ronper spirits i made

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
  1. Nippon Ichi
  2. Marvelous!
  3. Spike Chunsoft
Picking the oddballs for this one since I want another SNK situation with new addition to the company which will be a good surprise inclusion in terms of VGA.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
  1. Capcom
  2. Bandai Namco
  3. Bethesda
VGA just screams "Big AAA Character reveal" to me. And I feel these companies not only have some heavy-hitters, but they also have a wide pool of characters to choose from.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1. Bamco
2. Bethesda
3. Square Enix

tried to pick companies which I could see having games nominated for goty, and companies which could have newcomers that were different visually from Barista.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
1. Capcom - There's so many good characters and series we don't have in Smash yet and all of them would make sense for the VGAs. Easy first choice here.
2. Bethesda - We need more western reps in Smash and they have a few good ones. On top of that someone like Doom Guy or Dovahkiin makes perfect sense for a VGA reveal
3. Namco - Wouldn't mind seeing them get another character and they have a few recognizable names in the west.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sega-funny fat robot man.
Capcom-there's so many great potential characters here it's not even funny.
Disney-I think this would be very interesting to see played out in our project, especially if we go forward with the fourth-party vote.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Falcom
One of the Oldest japanese devs.

2. SEGA
So many franchises that what we have now is somehow inadequate, Same can be said for capcom

3. Marvelous
They own so many smaller games that have gained a lot of notoriety like Story Of Seasons and No More Heroes.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  1. Falcom - I will get Adol in here and you can't stop me.
  2. Bandai-Namco - They're making the game and have only one playable fighter. I think there's room for more.
  3. Square Enix - Conga line of Switch RPGs for the RPG machine. They're a big Switch supporter and they could get another rep.

D

Deleted member

1. SEGA - It's SEGA, so many classic series, none of which I would complain about if we got.
2. Pop-Cap - I really like the Plants Vs. Zombies games and would like them in SMash please.
3. 2K - I don't actually care about them, it's just that no-one's voted for them yet, so I think they probably won't win, as such my third vote is not wasted supporting a company that I don't want to win.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Since this is a TGA reveal, I think it should be a big deal. So unfortunately I'm ignoring the smaller companies, as much as I fancy some of their characters it's not the right venue for them.

1. Capcom
2. Square Enix
3. Ubisoft

The first two I picked because they have by and large the strongest and most varied lineups of any third party company. Including several characters that would fit the Western appeal of TGA.

For the third vote I wanted a Western company. It was between Ubisoft and Bethesda, but I went with Ubisoft because 1. I think they tend to get GotY nominees more often and 2. Bethesda is a part of Microsoft so picking them might bar Microsoft from an inclusion later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom