• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don’t intend to allow 4th party but I suppose we can take a vote later. That being said, it would be limited to Smash very select few that have a deep history with gaming.

On the topic of Disney, Mickey won’t be counted unless we hold a vote to allow 4th party characters to be included. Of course, this opens the floodgates for Wolverine, Spongebob, Darth Vader, Paw Patrol, John Wick, Superman, Barney, Gandalf, Peppa Pig, Shrek, Etc. If Disney is selected, we will first vote to see if we will allow 4th party submissions. If it’s not passed, then we will try to dig into Disney’s library to find a video game only character.

Quick question, would the fighter need to be almost entirely white, or would any prominent usage of white discount them even if there's another color they're associated with? Also, would gray or silver count as white in this scenario?
Barista’s color attributes were white, much in the same way Isaac was a rich yellow. To avoid two siniliar colors next to each other, we aren’t allowing white. So someone like Amaterasu would be disqualified for this job.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Barista’s color attributes were white, much in the same way Isaac was a rich yellow. To avoid two siniliar colors next to each other, we aren’t allowing white. So someone like Amaterasu would be disqualified for this job.
I was thinking someone like Adol, who is sometimes depicted with silver armor but is primarily associated with red (Heck, he's even called Adol the Red). I was wondering if the silver would be too close, or if the association with red would be enough to circumvent it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was thinking someone like Adol, who is sometimes depicted with silver armor but is primarily associated with red (Heck, he's even called Adol the Red). I was wondering if the silver would be too close, or if the association with red would be enough to circumvent it.
It should be fine. He’s pretty far removed from the color white.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I don’t intend to allow 4th party but I suppose we can take a vote later. That being said, it would be limited to Smash very select few that have a drop history with gaming.
When you say that, do you mean video gaming (I assume so) or just gaming as a whole (mainly looking at a Yu-Gi-Oh! character when I'm saying this)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When you say that, do you mean video gaming (I assume so) or just gaming as a whole (mainly looking at a Yu-Gi-Oh! character when I'm saying this)
Video gaming. That’s referring to 4th party characters with a long and charter history in the gaming community. Goku and James Bond would be an excellent examples of this.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 68: POPCAP

Popcap is a company whose library mainly consists of the kinds of games your grandmother would play on Facebook. That doesn't mean they don't have anything or anyone to choose from for a fighter-nosiree! Their most popular games are Bejewled, Bookworm Adventures, and of course, Plants Vs Zombies. Not as many fighters to choose from as, say, Capcom or Sega (especially when you factor in the new animal-excluding rule). HOWEVER, I do have one candidate in mind...and he's craaazy.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
HOWEVER, I do have one candidate in mind...and he's craaazy.
As much as I would personally love if a certain craaazy fighter were to join the battle, wouldn’t he be disqualified due to him being the same color as our last newcomer?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I didn't expect people to start discussing fourth party characters. I thought I got my point through that Disney has plenty of game-only characters to offer, but I guess 4th party characters are tempting to some... If you ask me, they should stay away from Smash, and it'd be stretching far beyond the bounds of realism to consider it, but I guess there's no harm in putting it up to a vote.

Oh, and I vote for the Twitter stage. Neat idea.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I wouldn't mind a fourth party as long as they have a very, very solid history with Nintendo and videogames in general-think James Bond from Goldeneye or Captain N. But we should add 1 at the absolute most.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind a fourth party as long as they have a very, very solid history with Nintendo and videogames in general-think James Bond from Goldeneye or Captain N. But we should add 1 at the absolute most.
Even then like James Bond only has 1 notable game on Nintendo consoles

Characters with gray zones I think would be the best ones for this like what you mentioned Captain N, Hatsune Miku, Geralt, etc.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash X Spotify

I get the other stuff, but imo that restriction in particular is kinda silly
Understandable. One thing that led to it was to try to keep the roster varied based on their placement but that doesn’t mean they can’t be submitted in the future.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Even then like James Bond only has 1 notable game on Nintendo consoles

Characters with gray zones I think would be the best ones for this like what you mentioned Captain N, Hatsune Miku, Geralt, etc.
True, but Goldeneye is a classic N64 title, ranking with the likes of OoT and Mario 64 in terms of how beloved it is.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
True, but Goldeneye is a classic N64 title, ranking with the likes of OoT and Mario 64 in terms of how beloved it is.
Thing is

That one notable game

Is a really notable one
I absolutely do not want to downplay how big Goldeneye was.

I'm just saying that there is so much more to James Bond as a franchise and character than GoldenEye and because of how expansive that side is I would not consider him an "Honorary Videogame character" but that is just my opinion. I don't think of Goldeneye when I hear the name "James Bond" but some people do so it's entirely a personal thing.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Isn't all this discussion on important licensed games better saved for when and if we actually decide to include one?

I mean the sheer difficulty in settling on what criteria makes a fourth-party character worthy of being in Smash is one of the big reasons why they shouldn't be but just sayin...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I don't want to downplay James Bond or anything but putting him in because N64 GoldenEye doesn't do him justice, that's like putting E.T because of that god awful Atari game, it's blown out of proportion. If you want to rep a licensed classic game you can consider TMNT.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't want to downplay James Bond or anything but putting him in because N64 GoldenEye doesn't do him justice, that's like putting Fred Flintstones because of 7 Grand Dad, it's blown out of proportion. If you want to rep a licensed classic game you can consider TMNT.
Both Bond and the Turtles have an equally as important role in gaming history, as do SpongeBob, the Ghostbusters, Batman, Scrooge McDuck, Homer Simpson, Ronald McDonald, Goku and plenty of others. Yes, Bond only has one notable game with almost everything else being shovelware cashing in on the popularity of said game, but one game can mean the world. The only popular potential "4th party" I can really see ruled out because of a lack of gaming history is Shrek

If we are to include non-game characters I think moveset potential should be the main deciding factor. All the characters I listed I can see having great movesets (not counting Homer if we're to exclusively base characters on their game depictions, most of his moves would be references to specific episodes I imagine.)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Both Bond and the Turtles have an equally as important role in gaming history, as do SpongeBob, Batman, Scrooge McDuck, Homer Simpson, Ronald McDonald, Goku and plenty of others. Yes, Bond only has one notable game with almost everything else being shovelware cashing in on the popularity of said game, but one game can mean the world. The only popular potential "4th party" I can really see ruled out because of a lack of gaming history is Shrek

If we are to include non-game characters I think moveset potential should be the main deciding factor. All the characters I listed I can see having great movesets (not counting Homer if we're to exclusively base characters on their game depictions, most of his moves would be references to specific episodes I imagine.)
People really making a big deal out of one game alone, I'm not saying you have to have 10+ game for them to be deserving but people really making it as if the gaming industry will tipped over or that the company who made the movie will go bankrupt if GoldenEye 007 isn't made lol. And the movie itself is already an icon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom