• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You don’t have to apologize :)

By the way, here’s something to occupy everyone’s time until we vote on the newcomer:

Please only do one character per category and avoid doing the same characters.
The Koopalings and Wii Fit Trainers have unique guidances. Can I propose giving Zombie and Enderman unique guidances?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wanna post one more Revision before I forget

I am genuinely Sorry about the post spam.

I like this one a lot. The dimples hive the game an extra flare that the previous games don’t have. One think I think would be a good idea is if you made the dimples more hollow and oval shaped so it looks like a stretched infinity symbol. Other than that and a few understandable issues with the spacing in the letters I think it’s my favorite so far.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Koopalings and Wii Fit Trainers have unique guidances. Can I propose giving Zombie and Enderman unique guidances?
That was what I was picturing we would do with it. Femlyth and the Hero variations would get the same treatment as well.

Also, it looks like we won’t be including Coco Bandicoot via fast track but that doesn’t rule her out from getting submitted for an Echo inclusion.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
May I suggest also having a Joker codec involving the other Phantom Thieves?
I say we wait a while, and then vote on another character to get a codec.

both Joker and Inkling would make for good codecs, and if we add Frisk it'd be criminal not to add a phone call. We can't add all of them, so we should vote on it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I wouldn’t be against adding it, I would suggest waiting on that. Beaumonde Arena got a codec because it’s a new series coming to the game and helps the stage apart from our other new stages we introduced. I would be more receptive if we got, say, a new Persona stage if that makes sense. Momentos already has a lot going for it. That being said, perhaps we could find a way to include it that doesn’t require it becoming a stage codec?

Question: anyone know who posted these in the music doc?

55. Mega Mech Menace (Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash)
56. Remix 10 (Rhythm Heaven Fever)
57. KickChop’s Theme (Panel de Pon)
58. Lion’s Theme (Panel de Pon)

They need links and I want to make sure the submitter knows that links need to be included to the songs.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #45: Submit a Newcomer for the August Nintendo Direct!

Ok everyone! We will are adding our first newcomer after the E3 reveal. This character will be featured within the upcoming August Nintendo Direct! Though this memo came to us from Nintendo HQ and, maybe to some, it’s not good news...

Nintendo HQ said:
Hello, Smash Infinite development team. Congrats on a successful E3 reveal! Feedback has been off the charts with lots of great results coming in from all out global departments. Keeping with this momentum, we will be broadcasting our upcoming Nintendo Direct in August and will be announcing a new sequel from either a Wii U or Nintendo Switch game and we want the next character to promote this first-party game. We compiled a list of series that have excellent choices for characters that will be getting a sequel.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Astral Chain
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • ARMS
This is by no means a definitive list but hopefully that helps you decide on my the best course of action! This character reveal will air shortly after the debut trailer of the sequel game.
So Nintendo wants us to include a promotion character to advertise one of their upcoming games. According to the letter, they want us to include a 1st party character from a Nintendo Switch or Wii U title that would be included as a promotion. This promotion would come from an upcoming sequel from the original game.

When submitting your character, please write about:

1) Who this character is.
2) Why this character deserves to be in Smash.
3) What would gameplay/moveset look like (summarized)
Please stick to the content found in thier original game when giving the gameplay summarization. That being said, certain creative liberties like adding a new, original weapon or item that comes from this upcoming sequel will be permitted.​
4) Please provide the following about the new game this character is from:
  • Name of the sequel (Pokémon Toy Sword and Wooden Shield for example)
  • What system did the first game originate from?
  • What would the game be like?
Please do not include characters from Super Mario Bros., Splatoon, or Kirby as we already have characters from this series present.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So we get to make up ANOTHER fake game on the side? Count me in!

I know this isn’t on the list, but could I use a Yoshi character to rep a Woolly World sequel? I was thinking of submitting the Stork.

EDIT: I’m gonna risk it, I’ll report this quick.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we get to make up ANOTHER fake game on the side? Count me in!

I know this isn’t on the list, but could I use a Yoshi character to rep a Woolly World sequel? I was thinking of submitting the Stork.

EDIT: I’m gonna risk it, I’ll report this quick.
Wholly World/Crafted World is permissible

Job #45

Akira Howard
This police detective hails from Astral Chain which was developed by Platinum Games but owned by Nintendo. This sci-fi officer fights side-by-side with a Legion, a sort-of living weapon. While the series isn’t exactly a best-seller nor a Nintendo all-star; it still was received fairly well and the ending showed that Akita’s continues.

This is the Akira we see in Smash; the same one more or less. He would use all if the available Legions including the newest one, the Rocket Legion, which will be explained later on. Akira would be a puppet fighter while using Lrhion but also having the necessary tools in fighting up-close and personal. Both make and females alts would be available.

Rge Direct would reveal a debut trailer for Astral Chain Sigma: Code Blue. This would carry the story over from the original as Akira struggles with his/her memories and sense of self while hunting down the remnants of the Chimera crisis. A new threat emerges as Project Terra, a terroist organization dedicated to bringing humans to Earth whatever the cost. They too utilize anew kind of Legion to battle the forces in the Ark. the game introduces two new Legion types: Rocket Legion who focuses on raw-damage output and Barrier Legion who focuses on using defense offensively. The setting wound occur both in the Ark as well as Earth eventually

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Stork
Who?:
The Stork is a recurring character in the Yoshi franchise, playing the role of dove-in-distress in Yoshi’s Island and Yoshi’s New Island, as well as a major ally in Yoshi’s Island DS. He is a clumsy worker who lives in a cloud land where babies are asexually created before being sent to the Mushroom Kingdom, much like the legend of the maternal stork. In DS, he helps the Yoshies by letting them swap out babies at a Stork Stop.

Why?:
Yoshi is in dire need of a second representative, being the only Original 8 series yet to have one. The stork is the first thing you see upon starting the Yoshi games he appears in and serves a major role in the plot, even if not gameplay. Yoshi’s Island is widely regarded as one of the best games Nintendo has ever put out but has traditionally taken a back seat to the less than beloved Yoshi’s Story in the world of Smash. Additionally, he would provide a unique moveset with his wings and long legs, akin to Crane from Kung Fu Panda.

Basic gameplay:
The stork would be a lower-heavyweight air fighter, with incredible air mobility and a decent ground game. His long legs would give him amazing range and strength, even for knee attacks, while his wings could be used for faster, damage-boosting attacks. He could also summon the babies to use their powers, or different Yoshi level elements, such as ? Clouds, Expanding Purple Egg Blocks, and Smiley Flowers.

New game:
Yoshi’s Island Haven is a sequel to Yoshi’s Crafted World, and is meant to be a soft reboot of the Yoshi franchise starting from the SNES game SMW2: Yoshi’s Island, but taking some elements from later Yoshi games. It is a linear 3D adventure similar to Crafted World, Mario 3D Land or Crash Bandicoot and increases the difficulty greatly compared to recent Yoshi games. Yoshi would have all his well known moves from Island translated into 3D, while the baby swapping mechanic from DS is incorporated featuring the YIDS babies in addition to Baby Daisy and Baby Waluigi, as is the ability from Woolly World to choose your Yoshi colour and rescue unique Yoshies. The game does not have a homemade aesthetic, but rather seeks to create a Ghibliesque tone with watercolour landscapes and silent cutscenes. There are 3 playable characters, each with their own stages: Yoshi, Birdetta, and the Stork - Birdetta having semi-run-and-gun stages with eggs and the Stork having flying stages, though Yoshi gets the emphasis and a landslide amount of stages. Kamek alone is the antagonist, with Baby Bowser being one of the ally babies.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Fighter: Dragapult

Who is Dragapult: Dragapult is a Dragon/Ghost type Pokémon that first appeared in Pokémon Sword/Shield. This Pokémon is part of the Dreepy line and the evolution of Drakloak. This Pokémon has some deadly moves and has potential to be in this game.

Why?. We don’t have either a Dragon type Pokémon or a Ghost type Pokémon that is playable in this game, so Dragapult could change it. Dragapult also has some unique moves including shooting it’s dreepy offspring as an attack (they enjoy it too). Also we could use another fighter based off prehistoric animals (this one is based off Diplocaulus).

Basic Gameplay: Dragapult has some unique moves, including Dragon Darts, which fires Dreepys at opponents. There is also Dragon Breath, Dragon Rush and Shadow Ball, amoung others. The Final Smash could be Dynamax Dragapult that could use it’s dragon or ghost thyme attack to knock opponents down.

New Game: Pokémon: Deluxe Sword and Deluxe Shield. While mostly similar to the earlier games, Pokémon Sword and Shield with DLC, it retains all the DLC as well, and as a bonus, it brings back 250 Pokémon that did not show up, like Zebstrika, Pyroar, Greninja, Skitty and Snivy, amoung others, but it also adds in a whopping 40 new species of Pokémon, including ones based off Entelodonts, Smilodon, Woodlice, Arthroplura, Geese, Proboscis Monkeys, Naked Mole Rats, Hammerhead Sharks and Shoebill Storks, among others. The game adds a few more traders that will allow you to get exclusive Pokémon. It also has 4 new Gym Leaders, but there is a catch. The new Gym Leaders use their Pokémon based off personality and Profession, a change of pace in the World of Pokémon. Also Pokémon will follow you more often.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
He's back for round two of character submissions-it's the tubular bandana-clad surfer dude, FUNKY KONG!
(I ran out of surfer terms and puns from the last time I submitted Funky, so I just won't make the effort this time).

NEW GAME: Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool's Revenge!
A direct sequel to Tropical Freeze, this game puts K. Rool back into the mainline series for the first time in a good long while. While DK thought he took care of that evil croc years ago, K. Rool has now come back from the dead-literally! (Not sure if he'll be named Dry K. Rool or Skelerool yet, or maybe something else). He's come back from the grave to give the DKC series a bit of spooky flair (but the horror levels of Luigi's Mansion, not Resident Evil). Play as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, and-Swanky Kong???-in an all new, linear 3D platforming adventure! That's right, the Kong family is barrel blasting back into the third dimension in an all new gameplay style that takes some inspiration from both Crash Bandicoot and DK64, as well as the 2D Donkey Kong Country games. (Personally I've always thought linear 3D suited the DK series more).

In Smash, Funky Kong will NOT be an echo. Instead, a semi-clone of DK, if you will. With all new surfing-themed attacks and some references to previous DK games (including K. Rool's Revenge), Funky will act as a new fighter that takes heavy inspiration from DK.

Also, as for why he should be in Smash, here's my previous Funky submission:
Character 2
Woah, who's that rad dude with the 'tude and the board?

It's FUNKY KONG!
Funky Kong hails from the totally righteous Donkey Kong series. He first appeared in the game Donkey Kong Country as a tubular NPC who ran Funky's Flights, which would let players travel anywhere they wanted to on the gnarly world map. He would keep selling bodacious items until 2018, where he became a playable character for the very first time in Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze!

How would he play? Glad you asked!
This epic member of the Kong family would play almost exactly like his best friend/possible younger brother Donkey Kong, due to their similar, awesomely muscular body types. However, Funky would come with one radical difference-for some moves, he'll shred on his surfboard or use it as a weapon.

Why should he be in Smash?
Well, first of all, he's a surfer, which is really cool. Second, outside of Dixie, he's really the last member of the DK Crew who should be added into Smash Bros. And finally, Funky is a fan favorite character who would make perfect sense as an echo of Donkey Kong, whose popularity was heavily bolstered by DKC Tropical Freeze's Switch port.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job 45: Edelgard von Hresvelg (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Edelgard.png
  • Why this character deserves to be in Smash
Yes, it's another Fire Emblem character, but her signature weapon is an axe, not a sword. She's one of the most popular characters from the successful Three Houses and plays arguably the most important role in the story.
  • What would gameplay/moveset look like (summarized)
The short version: she would primarily stick with Amyr, an axe designed to her specifications, and she'd use it for both her Part 1 and Part 2 alts.

Here's a more in-depth look at her moveset:
Intro: Edelgard appears through a purple Warp circle

Stance/Idle 1: Her battle poses from Three Houses (Parts I & II)
Idle 2: Edelgard briefly flips her hair (Student only)
Idle 3: Edelgard briefly raises her axe (Emperor only)

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Student (default)
  2. Emperor (alt.)
  3. Early concept art of Dimitri (Student blue)
  4. Early concept Art of Claude (Emperor yellow)
  5. F!Byleth (Student grey)
  6. Archbishop Rhea (Emperor white)
  7. Young Edelgard (Student purple)
  8. Flame Emperor (Emperor black)
  9. Monica (Student black/red)
  10. Thales (Emperor purple)
  11. Anna (Student white)
  12. Death Knight (Emperor grey)
Walk: Edelgard walks slowly with Amyr ready
Dash: Her run animation from Three Houses
Damage: Her damage animation from Three Houses
Jump: Edelgard jumps rather low trying to lift Amyr
Crouch: Edelgard takes a knee and stands up Amyr up

Normal Attacks
Jab: Edelgard swings Amyr forward once (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Edelgard swings Amyr diagonally downward (9%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Edelgard swings Amyr straight down (15% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)
Up+A: Edelgard swings Amyr straight up (11%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Edelgard does a 360 swing (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Edelgard swings Amyr straight down in front of herself (12% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Edelgard swings Amyr behind herself using only her right hand (9%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Edelgard stabs opponents above with Amyr (7%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Edelgard swings Amyr downward below herself (16% with a meteor effect, OK medium knockback)

Dash Attack: Her running attack animation from Three Houses (8%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Edelgard slowly climbs back up after slamming Amyr down (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Edelgard swings Amyr along the ground (7%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Edelgard swings down Amyr with both hands (26%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Edelgard swings Amyr in a backwards upward arc (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Edelgard swings Amyr in a 360 (21% each hit, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Edelgard opens the main blade of Amyr to catch opponents
Pummel: Edelgard knees the opponent (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Edelgard elbows the opponent (7%, small knockback)
Down+Throw: Edelgard slams the opponent on the ground (22%, medium knockback)
Back+Throw: Edelgard turns around and shakes the opponent out of Amyr’s grip (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Edelgard throws the opponent upwards (15%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Hades Ω
; Edelgard charges up dark magic by holding down the B button. At full charge or any time before, pressing B has Edelgard summon a pillar of dark magic around herself (23%, medium knockback)
B + Forwards : Raging Storm; Edelgard swings Amyr and moves somewhat forward (8%, small knockback). Each successful hit allows her to use this move more than once, but only when a hit connects. The knockback is always fixed unless the Crest of Seiros activates.
B + Up : Flickering Flower; Edelgard jumps up high and slams Amyr on the ground (23%, medium knockback), creating a shockwave that briefly paralyzes any nearby fighters (12%, OK knockback)
B + Down : Helm Splitter; Edelgard charges Amyr and slams down on the ground, which instantly breaks shields (29%-33%, far knockback)

Final Smash: Black Eagle Strike Force; "Forward, now!" Edelgard blows up an explosive barrel in front of herself (12%); opponents caught in the blast are taken in a cutscene where Edelgard calls the Imperial Guard and the Black Eagles to attack the enemy all at once (54%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: Crests, pieces of Edelgard’s bloodline which occasionally help her out in battle
  • Crest of Flames: Occasionally heals 30% HP equal to damage dealt (for example, using Edelgard’s down special at full power heals 9.9% damage)
  • Crest of Seiros: Occasionally boosts the power of Edelgard’s specials by 1.4x
    • Using specials is the only way to activate the Crest of Seiros
Only one Crest activates at a time (meaning the Crest of Flames can’t activate at the exact same time as the Crest of Seiros)

Taunts
1: “I will prevail!” Edelgard twirls Amyr, mimicking her selection animation from Three Houses
2a: “Don’t waste my time.” Edelgard flips her hair, as if annoyed by the enemy (Student only)
2b: “I must act now.” Edelgard stands Amyr upright (Emperor only)
1+2: “Know your limits!” Edelgard reaches her hand out briefly

Winposes (Student)
1: “Well, how was that?” Edelgard’s pre-timeskip victory animation
2: Edelgard puts her right hand up to her face and chuckles

Winposes (Emperor)
1: “I must get stronger.” Edelgard’s post-timeskip victory animation
2: “Your defeat was inevitable.” Edelgard lowers Amyr and sticks out her right hand, mimicking her post-timeskip artwork

3: “Come, reach for my hand.” Edelgard opens up her left hand to the camera with her back behind it

Applause: Edelgard formally (but slightly begrudgingly) applauds
Icon: The Fire Emblem series logo
Boxing Ring Title:
  • Adrestian Heir (Student)
  • Future Beyond the Flame (Emperor)
Star K.O.: “Unacceptable…!”
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/Df_i71WW5R8
Kirby Hat: Edelgard’s post-timeskip hair

Classic Mode: Crimson Empire (Fights characters who rule with an iron fist, some of which have allies helping them)
Round 1: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultpiranha: (horde battle) on Princess Peach’s Castle (Fódlan Winds)
Round 2: :ultganondorf: on :eldin: (Chasing Daybreak)
Round 3: :ultswordfighter:x8 (Yiga Costume) on Castle Siege (Blue Skies and a Battle)
Round 4: :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: on Castle Dedede (Tearing Through Heaven)
Round 5: :ultkrool: on Kongo Falls (Paths That Will Never Cross)
Round 6: Edelgard (opposite costume) on Garreg Mach Monastery (Between Heaven and Earth)
Final Round:
Master Hand.png
Crazy Hand.png
on Garreg Mach Monastery Ω (The Apex of the World)
Credits: The Edge of Dawn (Seasons of Warfare)
  • Please stick to the content found in thier original game when giving the gameplay summarization. That being said, certain creative liberties like adding a new, original weapon or item that comes from this upcoming sequel will be permitted.
I took one slight creative liberty; I used Amyr's scythe mode for Edelgard's grabs.
  • Info about the new game this character is from:
    • Name of the sequel
      • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Crowns
      • Nintendo Switch
      • The game is a Fire Emblem Warriors game that canonically takes place between Parts 1 and 2 of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, detailing the events that occured during Byleth's 5-year disappearance, as well as shedding a bit of light on the War of Heroes. It would combine FEW gameplay with Three Houses gameplay.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wholly World/Crafted World is permissible

Job #45

Akira Howard
This police detective hails from Astral Chain which was developed by Platinum Games but owned by Nintendo. This sci-fi officer fights side-by-side with a Legion, a sort-of living weapon. While the series isn’t exactly a best-seller nor a Nintendo all-star; it still was received fairly well and the ending showed that Akita’s continues.

This is the Akira we see in Smash; the same one more or less. He would use all if the available Legions including the newest one, the Rocket Legion, which will be explained later on. Akira would be a puppet fighter while using Lrhion but also having the necessary tools in fighting up-close and personal. Both make and females alts would be available.

Rge Direct would reveal a debut trailer for Astral Chain Sigma: Code Blue. This would carry the story over from the original as Akira struggles with his/her memories and sense of self while hunting down the remnants of the Chimera crisis. A new threat emerges as Project Terra, a terroist organization dedicated to bringing humans to Earth whatever the cost. They too utilize anew kind of Legion to battle the forces in the Ark. the game introduces two new Legion types: Rocket Legion who focuses on raw-damage output and Barrier Legion who focuses on using defense offensively. The setting wound occur both in the Ark as well as Earth eventually
Quick question, are we going with the Astral Chain main character or their sibling? It seems like the latter, but people have use the name "Akira" interchangeably a lot and I'm not sure which Akira we're going with here.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Fighter: Alph (Pikmin Series)

Who?
Alph is one of the main characters from Pikmin 3. He is an engineer from the planet Koppai sent on a mission to retreive food for his starving home.

Why?
the Pikmin series currently only has one representative, being Olimar. In addition, Alph is the main character of the best selling Pikmin game, Pikmin 3. so many people likely think of him as the protagonist. And while Alph is currently an alt of Olimar, very little of his personality shines through.

How would he fight?
Now, Alph would not be an echo of Olimar, but he would be a semi-clone. in place of Purple Pikmin and White Pikmin he would now use Rock Pikmin. he would also fight with a wrench and other tools, seeing as he is an engineer. In addition, a new Pikmin game would of course have new Pikmin, these being the orange Claw Pikmin and green Vine Pikmin. The Claw Pikmin would use their claws for things like Smash Attacks, and the Vine Pikmin would have extendable stems, which could be used as a tether grab and also be used for throws

also, I don't know if this is allowed, but I would like Olimar's Up Special to revert back to it's Brawl version, allowing Olimar to represent the first two Pikmin games and Alph to represent the latter two

New Game!
the long awaited Pikmin 4! It would be an open world Pikmin game, with each location being interconnected and reachable from eachother. Caves from Pikmin 2 would also return, with a few adjustments. The story would start out with each captain seperated, before eventually meeting together. as mentioned previously, it would introduce the Claw Pikmin, who would use their claws for taking down large enemies, and the Vine Pikmin, who's extendable stems can grab collectables from afar.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Quick question, are we going with the Astral Chain main character or their sibling? It seems like the latter, but people have use the name "Akira" interchangeably a lot and I'm not sure which Akira we're going with here.
Akira is both characters, just depends on who you choose. I think naming them Officer Howard in Smash would be less confusing, personally.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Akira is both characters, just depends on who you choose. I think naming them Officer Howard in Smash would be less confusing, personally.
Yeah, but when you choose one, the other who becomes Akira starts diverging pretty heavily. By the end of the game, one could make a case for them being a semiclone. If we're going for the main character or just a general character, I'd suggest Legionis or Officer Howard, to avoid any confusion.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
10D89614-4EC5-4B0A-BD99-50491A8D413E.png

Who?

Giovanni is the leader of the criminal organization known as Team Rocket (and later Team Rainbow Rocket). Team Rocket is a powerful underground organization dedicated to capturing powerful and rare Pokémon to take over the world, by any means necessary. Besides being the boss of one of the greatest criminal empires of the Pokémon universe, he is also the Gym Leader of Viridian City’s Gym in the Kanto Region.

Why?

There are tons of reasons why Giovanni deserves to be in Smash. Giovanni would finally give the Pokémon franchise in Smash an official villain and another human as well. Giovanni and his organization are one of the most iconic villains in gaming. Giovanni continues to be relevant in the games, spin-offs, anime, etc. Giovanni has even been shirtless in the anime, more shirtless alts possible.

Gameplay/Moveset

Giovanni has many different options for movesets. My idea is that Giovanni will have different Pokémon like the Pokémon Trainer and Team Rocket by his side. Giovanni’s Pokémon will be Persian, Nidoking, and Rhydon. Persian will be fast and agile. Nidoking is a more stronger fighter, stronger and faster. Rhydon is stronger and heavier than all of them, but a little slower. For Giovanni’s Final Smash, Pokéballs will rain from the sky by Team Rocket members, spawning random Pokémon to attack and trample the opponents.

New Game:

Pokémon Let’s Go: Team Rocket Strikes Back for Nintendo Switch. In this game, you play the role of a detective investigating a new wave of crime and thefts. It’s up to you to use your investigative skills to uncover leads to save the Pokémon world from this mysterious threat.

The detective was once a Pokémon trainer from Kanto, but failed miserably and was ashamed to follow his dreams. The detective also has a detective Pokémon of his own, that he recently saved from Pokémon abusers, a Mimikyu. Throughout this story you both build a connection of friendship with each other. The criminals are revealed to be members of Team Rocket. This shocking reveal causes the detective great pain. During this point of the story, you get a flashback to Viridian City. You play as the detective when he was a Pokémon trainer, going to the Viridian City Gym instead of the others. It’s revealed that his defeat from Giovanni left an emotional scar on his confidence. This memory causes him to drop the case, until Mimikyu changes his mind by reminding him of what the detective did for him and could do for the other Pokémon captured and suffering. Eventually this leads to the final confrontation with Giovanni, does the detective have what it takes? Play the game to find out, coming out real soon!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Newcomer: Paper Mario sets the stage!
1612716272484.png

I usually don't like doubling up on characters already on the roster, but this is an exeption. Paper Mario is the main character of the Paper Mario spinoff series, which has had 6 main series game and one spinoff crossover. Despite being the same entity as Mario, he would be entirely different. He'd be closer to Game and Watch, a 2D featherweight with a ton of props. Partners, Pixls, Paint, the list goes on.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 45

EUDEN

1) Who this character is.
Euden is the Protagonist of Nintendo and Cygames collaborative Mobile game Dragalia lost

2) Why this character deserves to be in Smash
Dragalia Lost is probably Nintendo's finest mobile game, and it shares creators and DNA with another highly influential Mobile game Granblue Fantasy

3) What would gameplay/moveset look like (summarized)
Euden wields a sword and has very fast sword attacks and the animations are reminiscent of the source game, Euden would also be able to use fire abilities that can be integrated into his sword and can also transform into powerful dragons.
4) Please provide the following about the new game this character is from:

• Name of the sequel (Pokémon Toy Sword and Wooden Shield for example)
    • Dragalia Lost Arena
    • The Original was for mobile this spinoff will be a switch exclusive
    • It would be a 2d Fighting game very similar to Arc System Works Granblue Versus, Only this isn't made by Arc Sys, it's made in house (with help from Cygames). The gameplay is a more standard 2d Fighting but you select 2 characters at the start and adventurer and a dragon, and at somepoint in the match the adventurer can transform into the dragon.
This broke the rules so please refer to this instead

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Job 45: Rex
BeWCpmS.png

Who?
Rex is the main protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. A Diver working for the Argentum Trade Guild, he specialises in finding treasure located in the Cloud Sea. However, when one job results in him (literally) getting backstabbed by the members of the group Torna, he meets the Aegis Blade Pyra. Rex agrees to become her Driver so that they can find a way up the World Tree and to Elysium, a place said to be a paradise.

Why?
Xenoblade Chronicles has quickly established itself as one of Nintendo's premiere RPG franchises, and the main bread and butter of their subsidiary Monolith Soft. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in particular has introduced the franchise to a new audience, and was a huge success both critically and finacially. Among this was particular praise towards the story and characters, with Rex being noted as having a strong character arc.

Gameplay
Rex is a Driver, someone who can use the power of Blades to fight his enemies. His signature Blade is Pyra, using her weapon, the Aegis Blade. This is a sword that deals large damage and provides Fire attacks. Pyra can also switch to her alternate persona, Mythra, who replaces the Fire based attacks with Light based ones. We could also add additional Blades if needed, but Pyra/Mythra are an absolute must.

New game
Due to popular demand (and cooperation from Koei Tecmo), Nintendo is happy to announce Xenoblade Warriors! Featuring characters from all across the series (Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch), it's a Warriors-style game with Xenoblade elements thrown in. Characters from different games will have unique mechanics based on the games they are from, such as X characters having Overdrive and 2 characters having Blades.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Where is your Crash Bandicoot e3 Trailer?
We see another shot, this time of Mario and Sonic having a battle. Sonic dodges one of Mario's fireballs by jumping-but as it turns out, this is exactly what Mario wanted, and he does a famous FORWARD AERIAL on Sonic, who creates a crater on the ground from his impact.
We can see in the distance, a sort of crack in the air, like an invisible window was just hit. Then, a mysterious portal opens up, which catches the attention of the two Smashers. The two look confused-that is, until they see one of the two figures that come out.
Crash Bandicoot! He jumps out of the portal, but looking around, he seems confused. His sister Coco follows, joining him in looking bewildered. "This isn't the right place-or, time?-I think. We better head back."
Just then, Crash sees Mario and Sonic off in the distance! His tongue drops out of his mouth and he runs toward them, like an old friend.
Sonic cracks his knuckles and smiles, eager to rejuvenate a decades-old battle. Mario seemingly has an idea-he throws Cappy at Sonic, capturing him. Mario/Sonic runs at Crash, and Mario has a hard time controlling his speed. When close enough to Crash, Mario leaves the vessel, leaving Sonic on the ground, dazed and confused.
Mario jumps towards Crash, and Crash does the same. Mario swings out another meteor punch, but Crash dodges it with a double jump, and now above Mario, performs a body slam. Now Mario is the one in an earth-shattering crater.
Sonic is charging up a Spindash, and when he's done, instead of letting it rip, he takes a professional runner's stance as they are about to run a race. "Ready…" he says. Crash looks a bit confused.
"GO!"
Sonic does a Light Speed Attack, hitting Crash multiple times before he can react. Crash regains his footing and does a spin attack, knocking Sonic away.
At the same time, Mario and Sonic both get back up, and start charging at Crash from the left and right. The two punch Crash from either side, but Crash blocks both hits with his arms. He smiles, looks and winks at each one of them in turn, and then spins, knocking them away.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job 45 - Lyn

Who - Lyn is the sole survivor of the Lorca tribe, a nomadic group of people from Sacae. The daughter of the princess of Caelin and the chieftain of the Lorca, Lyn lived a carefree life in Sacae until a gang of vicious bandits attacked. After defeating her bandits and building up a small army in the process, she would later ally with Elliwood and Hector to thwart a plot that would destabilize all of Elibe, and the entire world.

Why - Lyn is a very popular character, especially in the West. She was the first Lord Western players saw beyond Marth and Roy in Melee, and won Fire Emblem Heroes' first Choose Your Legends poll (Through a technicality; If both Ike designs are counted together he edges her out by about a thousand votes. Still, first place females and second place total is pretty darn impressive).

Gameplay - Lyn would be the first "normal" katana user in Smash (Sephiroth is discounted from this status because Masamune is just so frickin' long and works differently than a normal katana as a result). She would focus on quick strikes to rack up damage, backed up by a unique quirk to her sword attacks: Endlag cutdown.
Usually her attacks have almost no startup lag but high endlag, but actually landing a hit decreases the endlag. This encourages Lyn to get up close to deal damage. This is notable because most swordfighters rely on spacing to some degree, making use of their long disjoints, so Lyn being a rushdown swordfighter helps her stand out against the crowd.

New Game - Fire Emblem Echoes: Ashes of Elibe, a remake of the sixth and seventh Fire Emblem games, Binding Blade and Blazing Blade. Originally made for the Game Boy Advance, they have been remade with the series' modern mechanics, such as a rewind feature and a camp to interact with your troops, much like Garreg Mach Monastery (But a fair bit smaller, mind you).
Notably, the games are bundled together in "chronicles," much like the book system used in Mystery of the Emblem. There are main chronicles, each focusing on a different storyline: Lyn, Eliwood, and Roy. The stories have been altered somewhat to make their chapter count a bit more balanced, and some characters from Blazing Blade are carried over into Roy's chronicle. And, of course, Lyn receives top billing this time around, being the only character present in all three chronicles and retaining a major role throughout.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 45: Impa
Impa_AoC.png

I'm going to resubmit Impa from Hyrule Warrios: Age of Calamity, who would play a role in the upcoming Zelda title, The Legend of Zelda: Rise of the Champions. This would be the final entry in the BOTW era Trilogy, AKA Breath of the Wild 3. It would involve going through different times including flashbacks of Age of Calamity, which would involve Impa. The following is a copy and paste of my previous submission of Impa from about a month ago.

People have been clamoring for an original Zelda newcomer for over a decade now, and Impa seems like the perfect fit. Imo the reason more Zelda newcomers haven't been added is because many only appear in one game despite being popular (Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Midna) and they may not be seen as important enough considering they are more one off characters. In the case of the current age of Zelda, the champions are all cool, but its hard to make a case to pick one over the other. With the new game recently released, Impa looks to meat the criteria perfectly for smash. Impa has appeared in some capacity in almost every mainline Zelda game, she would be another addition to the cast of female fighters, and most importantly her moves has immense potential. Many have thrown around the idea of her being a sheik echo, but I don't think that would work. Even though they are both ninja style fighters, impa plays very differently than sheik in her many appearances.

As far as what she would do, I picture a fusion of sheik and joker with a hint of greninja. She would of course use her dagger in normal attacks. I think the thing about her with the most potential is her ability to create phantom versions of herself. The potential is absolutely here for something awesome. Perhaps there can be a meter that depending on how full she can summon clones of herself. This would work like joker rebellion gauge and clouds limit break, where if the meters full she can summon four clones, if the meters half she can summon two, and if its only a quarter of the way full she would summon one. Every time a clone is summoned the meter completely empties. This would create an interesting dynamic, do you use the clones now or wait till you can get more? They could do less damage and can be swatted away with one hit for balancing reasons.

For anyone who's not sold I linked a video showcasing her moveset in the game below. I recommend checking it out as it really demonstrates how cool this character could be in smash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6izdYKdgnY

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Newcomer: Paper Mario sets the stage!
View attachment 302228
I usually don't like doubling up on characters already on the roster, but this is an exeption. Paper Mario is the main character of the Paper Mario spinoff series, which has had 6 main series game and one spinoff crossover. Despite being the same entity as Mario, he would be entirely different. He'd be closer to Game and Watch, a 2D featherweight with a ton of props. Partners, Pixls, Paint, the list goes on.
I forgot to mention what game Paper Mario is promoting... Infinite isn't the only promoted fan game. Nintendo is also making Wademan94 Wademan94 's Paper Mario prompt.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Job #45: Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)
d8vp13x-1c9940a7-ac6e-46e3-880d-5d34d83d2fbc.png

Image by Pavlovs-Walrus on DeviantArt.
The Rhythm Heaven series is a collection of rhythm-based minigames that each go to their own music.

However, due to the game's minigame-based nature, it lacks a singular protagonist to point to. Most character suggestions only show up in one minigame. The Chorus Kids only show up in Glee Club. Karate Joe only shows up in Karate Man. There are characters not associated with minigames, but none of them are an obvious choice either. Tibby is the closest to a protagonist the series has ever had, but he's only in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The Barista is in all four games, but is a side character. You get the point: there's no clear "first choice" for an RH rep, or even a clear group of characters competing.

Rhythm Girl is one of the mascots of Rhythm Heaven, appearing in the Tap Trial minigame and often showing up on promotional material. One of the reasons I chose her is because I think she gives the best idea of what Rhythm Heaven is about. You'd think Karate Joe was from a fighting game. You'd think the Barista was from a game about serving coffee. Rhythm Girl very clearly identifies the series as a rhythm game. She also hangs out with monkeys, and those show up a lot in Rhythm Heaven, so she's representing the series great.

I chose her because Rhythm Heaven is a pretty longstanding series, albeit one without very many games. It's been around since the mid-2000s, and has built up a strong and creative fan community. Rhythm Heaven has always had a little trouble reaching mainstream audiences, but a character in Smash could push it over the edge into the limelight.

In combat, Rhythm Girl's main course of action would be to call forth characters from other minigames in the series to attack. She'd be sort of like Mr. Game & Watch in that her animations would be all about referencing as many minigames as possible. Of course, she's also a tap dancer, so that could also provide some attacks - and you could have a monkey on her back as a callback to Tap Trial (and the general prevalence of monkeys in the series), and that could lead to some interesting animations.

Of course, the giraffe in the room is a rhythm mechanic. There are a variety of routes you could go with this:
  • Just not have something like that. Rhythm Heaven has enough personality to carry a character on its own.
  • Have moves where hitting the button again with precise timing gets you an additional, powerful attack.
  • If you want to go real crazy, actually have her go to the rhythm of the song playing. The tracklist would have to be limited for balance reasons - the BPM she fights at needs to be the same in all matches, and if a song can't simply be sped or slowed to match that, it just can't play with Rhythm Girl in the fight.
Oh, right, the new game. Well, you mentioned there was a sequel to Rhythm Heaven Fever coming up, right? You must be talking about Rhythm Heaven Jukebox. Like Fever, it has a full list of 50 new minigames (or rather, 28 new minigames, 10 new remixes, and 12 sequels to the new minigames) that you can play in the Towers. However, you can also play games at the Jukebox, which contains not only those songs, but also the entire back catalogue of RH games! This is thanks to the game being built on Megamix and able to reuse its code for returning minigames - of which Megamix already only had a few missing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hold on, is Lyn eligible for this? She's from a GBA game, but she appeared in Fire Emblem Warriors, so technically she's been on the Switch. Still, she's an older character, so if she's not eligible you can take her down.
And my submission, the Stork, wasn’t in Woolly or Crafted World... this is a nightmare. I assume the characters don’t have to be in the Wii U and Switch games, just from the same series, given we’re repping the sequels not the Wii U/Switch games.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job 45: Dixie Kong
Dixie Kong is often cited as the last Nintendo all star not in smash, and is the female protagonist of Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3, as well as Tropical Freeze and is playable in various Donkey Kong Spin offs.

Dixie Kong deserves to be in Smash because of her long lasting legacy and popularity. Donkey Kong Country is the fifth best selling Nintendo franchise (4th if not counting Wii series), Yet Donkey Kong only has 3 reps in smash. Donkey Kong Country 2 came out in 1995, and Dixie Kong has managed to stay relevant and popular since her debut game. Dixie Kong was even planned for brawl as one of the forgotten 7. Nintendo has shown interest in promoting the character, as she was recently added to Mario Kart Tour, marking her Mario Kart series debut. Additionally, female protagonists are rare in smash, as most female characters are either non playable (Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Palutena, Zelda) or are a gender option for a male character (FE, Alex, Leaf), So an exclusively female protagonist fills a unique niche within the roster alongside Samus and Bayonetta.

Dixie Kong will not be an echo fighter of Diddy Kong, but will be a psudeoclone most akin to Lucas and Ness. Almost All of Dixie Kong's moves will be unique, but she will have a similar weight and move speed to Diddy's, and will generally play similarly. For example instead of Diddy's Peanut Popgun, she will instead have a Bubblegum Popgun. Her neutral attacks will utilize her hair, as well as slight variations of Diddy's neutral attacks.

The Sequel that Dixie Kong would be promoting is the Sequel to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool's Return. Donkey Kong Country started on the SNES, Tropical Freeze came out on the Wii U and Switch, and K Rool's Return would also come out on the Switch. This game would be the culmination of the returns trilogy, and would be an extremely challenging 2D platformer featuring the return of the Kremlings. All of the playable characters would return, alongside a new playable character Tiny Kong. This game would be different from its predecessor thanks to it's difficulty as well as featuring levels which you can play as K. Rool, showcasing how he came to return, fighting against tikis and snowmads, similar to the Neo Cortex levels in Crash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom