• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I think that it's too far (yet again....). I checked the train fairs....would be about £60 MINIMUM just to get to the venue....unless the prize money is a 4-figure sum, I'm going to have to pass =/. Thanks for the invite though!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
if you look harder (I'll show you how if you want) you can get much chearer fares. And you can buy a railcard which will give you a 3rd off for a year. It wasn't an invite I was just saying what brawl tournaments there are out there.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Ah fair enough. Well thanks for the info then =P

My girlfriend plays as well so if we drove somewhere, we could split the cost of diesel between us, I reckon that'd work out cheaper

pAce

Smash Cadet
I'm from Bournemouth and want some offline experience. Any tourneys I could participate in or local people I could play?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
First off, something to consider- full blown tourneys in the UK are very rare. You're more likely to find regional tournaments but even with these there aren't that many.

I don't wanna put you off :) just giving you the lowdown.

I take it you play brawl if you're talking about 'offline' but unfortunately there aren't any brawl players that near bournamouth. There is another player in Bournemouth but he only plays melee.

The nearest brawl tournament for you would be London and thats on the 24th

Kassper

Smash Rookie
Yoh bill I just moved down to Portsmouth to go to uni, so I fall under this catagory. I need to find some smashers down in portsmouth so that I can show them the lust!

I dont wanna get rusty, because when i go back to visit london i need to destroy Aron!!!
</3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What are these dreams....NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Remember I am going to Maidstone this saturday so come if you can, they do have freshers but they arent that bothered to miss two days of it it seems lol.
Plus im going there at night and leaving there afternoon next day.

Kassper

Smash Rookie
That will take me like 1000000 years, but just to see the look on raphuis face when i susprise sex him i will try my best to come down,

And i relly need someone to play donw here im done pulling a dujuan and making combo food out of lvl 3 bowsers , find me someone NAO!!!!!!

</3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
that Will Take Me Like 1000000 Years, But Just To See The Look On Raphuis Face When I Susprise Sex Him I Will Try My Best To Come Down,

And I Relly Need Someone To Play Donw Here Im Done Pulling A Dujuan And Making Combo Food Out Of Lvl 3 Bowsers , Find Me Someone Nao!!!!!!

</3
You Better Find People!!!!
Whats a Dujuan lol?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
haha no way. Unfortunately there aren't any players that I know of that live in portsmouth. Theres me and my crew in Southampton that aren't too far but don't think I knwo anyone there. My advice- you are a student right? Find out if theres a gaming society and you should be able to get people interested there XD

VA

Smash Hero
Bump.

who's in the southwest for the xmas period? I am definitely in Totnes so any players near here make yourselves known and we'll play/you'll be ***** by me.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
During the term breaks its normally me, bullet bill, LJ, bristols link, and maybe crabman (not sure if he makes it under south/southwest), i feel like ive forgotten somebody though lol, either way thats most of them.

VA

Smash Hero
any of the bristol/southwest smashers are more than welcome to make a trip totnes, you can stay the night and we'll have a smash till dawn.

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
I'd be more than happy to drive down to Totnes. Only about an hour and a half from here. Had a longer trip to Southampton :p

I could Drive L-J down if he wanted, so if you have any dates in mind just let me know. That way I might be able to get time off work just incase.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah well I'm back on monday so we can think about it then. Also I have to make my parents agree to it...

VA

Smash Hero
Ok, so I think I have a free house sunday if you want to have a smashfest. What do you think?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Was wondering if any of the southwest people wanted to head over to mine for a fest sometime after VAs thing. Also any south london people if they wanted, adn crabman ofcourse. I'd have 2 setups on the go

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Cant get the sunday off as there is no one to cover me, and the supervisor in charge doesnt really know what shes doing so Ill be locking up lol.

That sounds good aswell ben =P

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm depends when I'm working but I'd wanna get some games in if possible, ill let you guys know when I'm back south.

VA

Smash Hero
Was wondering if any of the southwest people wanted to head over to mine for a fest sometime after VAs thing. Also any south london people if they wanted, adn crabman ofcourse. I'd have 2 setups on the go
Unlikely that I can make this as trains are super expensive right now. Shame, I really want to play some smash.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
If you book in advance or something it shouldn't be so bad.

BIG NEWS!!!!

I'm back south AND my work as given me my entire holiday schedule for work. I KNOW!!! My only free time really is the weekend after christmas, as I'm free saturday afternoon and all of sunday. Any chance of something happening?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
If you book in advance or something it shouldn't be so bad.

BIG NEWS!!!!

I'm back south AND my work as given me my entire holiday schedule for work. I KNOW!!! My only free time really is the weekend after christmas, as I'm free saturday afternoon and all of sunday. Any chance of something happening?
Soooo we should aim to do something for that weekend although thats the 26th (boxing day) and the 27th and I think I'm gonna be busy on boxing day. the question is who can host for then? I could host Sunday I think

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the weekend after that. I'm also not working fridays.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Ben, have it on the 3rd! I'm back in soton then, and since I don't know if I'm gonna be able to play smash up here I'll be wanting to play.

Also, if we have it then I can host it at my house - closer to the station, more space?

Anyone interested?

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
i will also be back then, so im in. also, the capture card finally arrived today! So i can bring it and we can record, assuming you guys are gonna cough up the £5.. If you dont I might just eat it and we will never record anything

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Cool, finally get to meet the legendary Andy! It's really unfortunate that our term times work like they do usually...

And woo, capture card! Finally I can start making my 'Video of Random **** that Happens When Duncan Plays'! I bet all the games that get recorded are really tame =¬_¬;=

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Cool, finally get to meet the legendary Andy! It's really unfortunate that our term times work like they do usually...

And woo, capture card! Finally I can start making my 'Video of Random **** that Happens When Duncan Plays'! I bet all the games that get recorded are really tame =¬_¬;=
Yesss we shuld def start work on that :laugh: cos so much weird stuff happens when your playing.

Calum- good news indeed. I will of course be giving you £5 or however much it was.

CALLING-

LJ
Bristolslink
VA
Crabman

Any of you want to come to this smashfest?

VA

Smash Hero
I'm busy around xmas time. I have too many family and social obligations that I have to do. Sucks cos I want to play smash, but also I can't afford the train.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
The third is looking good then? If possible I'll arrive on the 2nd and leave in the evening of the 3rd. I have work on the 4th.

Top Bottom