• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
We aren't talking about professional players Fuzzy lol.

At a lower level Ganon would throw off more people then sheik.

TC - If we were to ask people what exp they have more of....on average people would say sheik FARRR more then Ganon.
And quite alot of people do play sheik in friendlies....you just dont see it lol.....but next to no1 plays ganon in friendlies

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
personally I'd have a hard time saying lol -_-, I've played quite a few games vs Swizzy and Charles and barely any vs Callum or Jet.

I see Charles play Ganon more in friendlies than I've ever seen people use Sheik, that's one person lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I've seen Charles use ganon like twice, he used sheik WAYYYY when I see him.

But yeah on AVERAGE people still have more sheik exp then Ganon exp in the UK.

And that's undoubtable.

Jolteon

he uses ganon a lot against me and he even bought out ganon at my last fest, he never ever plays sheik now except one match against you at PH.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nah you are completely wrong there lol.
Not about him playing Ganon more with you lol

He was playing her in doubles and at Duncans house and also when I have gone round his house before.

He undoubtable goes sheik more in comparison to his Ganon.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
tbh even if people have more experience against shiek, surely shiek is still much harder to play against at all levels...

edit: why are none of my posts showing my sig even though i tick the thing... :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No not really.

When you are at a semi-good level and you have trouble adapting, a weird character like Ganon or IC's or Samus will throw you off more then a sheik.

And I have seen this happen PLENTLY of times.
Infact too many times lol.

Jolteon

Nah you are completely wrong there lol.
Not about him playing Ganon more with you lol

He was playing her in doubles and at Duncans house and also when I have gone round his house before.

He undoubtable goes sheik more in comparison to his Ganon.
this is weird lol

i've never seen him go sheik in a friendly except once vs terrance, he used sheik once vs me in his life and i've seen him use ganon plenty.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Yeah he is only used Ganon vs me like twice but he has use his sheik quite alot of times.

Maybe he is being his prick self but going Ganon against you lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I have too :laugh:
Cos ur ****.

Or are you laughing cos we should follow your smash knowledge since it's taking you so far in this community.

I think he is just trying to deny he is a Sheik main at heart.
Huh lol.....Charles you mean?

Edit - lol Yeah he is an everything main at heart except for the character he claims to main.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Cos ur ****.

Or are you laughing cos we should follow your smash knowledge since it's taking you so far in this community.

Huh lol.....Charles you mean?

Edit - lol Yeah he is an everything main at heart except for the character he claims to main.
no prick, I mean that I play Doc and I quite often get an advantage of people not knowing how to play doc properly

Jolteon

yeah true you get respect for it <3

but we're unrelenting and mean :evil:

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Southampton visit was good, can't wait until next time, and thankfully thats not far away lol.

There are alot of fox, falcos, marths and falcons in the uk, other than that, theres not many other mains. I think ganon is more of a throw off though cause alot more people know stuff about sheik, even with less experience they have more knowledge of what to look for. Also I think swizzy is the only ganon main the uk, and he doesn't exactly make events frequently.

VA

Smash Hero
He does make events frequently? What are you on about. He's away in India :/

There are a few Sheik and Peach players too. It is basically all Fox and Marth.

VA

Smash Hero
Also. I don't find any characters "throw me off" as such but it's all I'd ever hear when I used to main Samus.

"I've never played a good Samus before" - everyone who lost to me before I stopped maining her

Yeah ok, great. She's **** and has tons of weaknesses, just know how she's played and you won't get ****ed up. It's the same with Ganon, he's just too easy to edgeguard. I guess Mikey's style is a bit different though and he does a lot of things people aren't used to, he's not like other ganons even the **** ones like Charles's. So I guess that's probably what messes people up (imo).

Also Charles is a Falcon main, NOT a sheik main. From what I saw in the doubles his sheik was far weaker than his Falcon. Other than that I haven't played it in a while but I really believe his falcon is better.

Jolteon

I can only count a handful of Sheiks though. :(

Hm... Beast, Jet (hardly plays), Callum, who else? :/

And yeah Robby I know he's a Falcon main, he definitely proved that last month. It's just light fun ;)

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
While he does go to events, I was just saying he doesn't go to too many, like has he been to a london ranbat recently? I know hes gone to a few nationals though, but that wasn't the main point of the arguement.

Fox and marth are definately the most dominant characters in the uk, I would definately agree.

The whole being thrown off by certain characters is less common the better a player becomes (you probably already know this though).

Falcon - Lust, Last dragon (if he still plays)
Peach - AmcD (he still plays hes just not as active), kman?, and i would say kone but hes not very active.

There aren't many lol.

Jolteon

George said he's going all Fox again, though I guess we could count Joe if we're talking secondaries. Personally I'm not though. :x

Falcon: Dave, Warning, Charles, Lust, Last Dragon, BoX, Willz.
Peach: You, Tamoo, Ed, Bloodbowler, AmcD, KMan. Probably a few I'm forgetting, all I know is the UK used to have a crapload of Peaches and now it's not like that.

/e omg I forgot Zeppo as Falcon -_-

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
too many XD

Falcon: Dave, Warning, Charles, Willz, Last Dragon, The Lust, Cpt.Zeppo

Peach: VA, K-Man, Tamoo, Kone, Bloodbowler, AMCD, Mr.P, Lord Rust

Marth: Frostbyte, Chrisboi, Retroking, Frugs, Tails Chao, Trio3

VA

Smash Hero
Blinky read: he's in INDIA and has been since september.

Ed, Bloodbowler, AMCD, Mr.P, Lord Rust - who are these people? While we're at it DSD9 mains sheik and Lady_Mab or whatever uses Peach and OGRE uses Marth!

Jolteon

Not sure if you can count me for Marth anymore lol. >_<

Marth: X1-12, Blinky, Frostbyte, Chrisboi, Retroking, Frugs, Trio3. I feel like I'm missing loads :s

Blinky read: he's in INDIA and has been since september.

Ed, Bloodbowler, AMCD, Mr.P, Lord Rust - who are these people? While we're at it DSD9 mains sheik and Lady_Mab or whatever uses Peach and OGRE uses Marth!
Bloodbowler still plays, Ed is only off for a bit to get his life on track, he said he plans on playing again when he moves to Brighton.

I think AmcD has attended an event more recently than Jet has, so if we're not counting him we have to strike Jet off the list too. :/

Tamoo

Smash Master
Falcon: Add El nino, can't forget him ;)
Peach: umm, add almas
marth: trio! lol

The thing with shiek is that, though not many ppl main her, a lot of ppl have good shieks, and can use her competently, and she is used a lot in friendlies.
If anyone goes to europe, theyre gonna need the shiek practice, had 3 in my pool >.<

VA

Smash Hero
lol it's bull****, none of the people in the second part of your post has attended anything since summer at the very bes. Which was Ed attending the summer tournament hosted in the north. BB does not count being as he hasn't attended in well over 2 years.

Basically UK doesn't have a big community there are like 30 odd people who are consistently active. Most of which play Marth and Fox, the rest is just odd spatterings of peach falcon and thre rest of the characters, a few ICs here and a few Mario gays there. Who cares anyway, get ***** everyone by Swizzy when he comes home.

Jolteon

Fox: Pro, Gantz, Joe, Crabman, LJ, jjfox, cheez, pops

lol it's bull****, none of the people in the second part of your post has attended anything since summer at the very bes. Which was Ed attending the summer tournament hosted in the north. BB does not count being as he hasn't attended in well over 2 years.

Basically UK doesn't have a big community there are like 30 odd people who are consistently active. Most of which play Marth and Fox, the rest is just odd spatterings of peach falcon and thre rest of the characters, a few ICs here and a few Mario gays there. Who cares anyway, get ***** everyone by Swizzy when he comes home.
BB is active in the EM region.

And like I said if we discount ed then we discount Jet then that means we only have 2 Sheiks - Beast and Callum. :/

Jolteon

Oops, my bad, misleading name. :s

lol good @Falcos, a while ago there were barely any.

Me, charles and prof are making a uk player list atm.

Jolteon

That's what I'm hoping for, I know we're going to miss out some people. >_<

VA

Smash Hero
Lol well then remember Yeniths plays Sheik then.

Also, /care about EM. Make nationals or it didn't happen k?

I don't have a main btw. I use Peach and Fox in tournament but one day soon I'll be breaking out other characters.

Top Bottom