• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
In Southampton - probly my house (where everyone slept for PH1/2) Would be pretty cool to see you there VA, hope you can make it!

Andy: I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be back on the 2nd, but I'll be around in the evening; if you arrive after, say, 8, I'll be able to put you up, no probs.

VA

Smash Hero
That would be appreciated and defo help pursuade me xD

Merry Xmas southerners! We need to start building our little scene up more. Brighton and southampton are not that far away and we have lots of new blood here. I'll make more of an effort to see you guys in the new year and train you up xD

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
im sure we will be up for returning the favour VA, it will be nice to play against some new players!

HAppy christmas to the south! I hope father christmas brought you all you asked for!

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
my parents have decided to book a family gathering on the afternoon of the 3rd, but i can still come on the 2nd, and stay till about 4pm on the 3rd.

has anyone asked crabman?

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm still up for it (assuming I can get my controller back from Matt... This whole forgetting my cube thing has been a nightmare!) Even if no-one else came, we could still play :p

I was speaking to VA yesterday, he should be coming - we'll have to repay the favour and go visit him in brighton some time.

As I say andy, you're welcome to come to mine in the evening of saturday, then I guess other peeps will come over in the morning/afternoon on sunday. Won't be in till about 8 though, so don't get there too early!

VA

Smash Hero
VA is semi confirmed, it all depends on the day, there's every chance I'll wake up and be like...no...but an equally like chance that I'll wake up feeling the opposite.

VA

Smash Hero
*****es, don't be hatin'. I'm a hard worker for smash but you have to understand that I don't get quite as much out of it, AND I'm the one travelling.

+ TC get out of here.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
*****es, don't be hatin'. I'm a hard worker for smash but you have to understand that I don't get quite as much out of it, AND I'm the one travelling.

+ TC get out of here.
i see what you mean, but you could get some good games against bullet bill. Also, the sooner we get better, the sooner the southcoast can challenge london lol!

VA

Smash Hero
No offence but Bill is no different to fighting beast for me. The standard of players is either A or B, above me or below me. A is something I dont practice against often and B is something I do, I can stay at home in Brighton for B but I know you guys would like me to come so I'll think about it, I might feel like it on the day. No promises though.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well to be honest VA, you're being very rude with all of this 'worth my while' bull esp when I offered to chip in for your ticket. It'd be good if you come but if we're not important enough or w/e then don't

VA

Smash Hero
No you're being hyper defensive, I'm sorry but I don't need to practice with you to be honest, you don't have to chip in for my ticket I think I might come anyway. But if your ego is too hurt by me feeling as if I don't need to practice against you then maybe you shouldn't go if I decide to?

You guys are importnat to me which is why I would travel to play you when I absolutely have no need to because I live with Beast.

VA

Smash Hero
I;m very tired and still mildly hungover from new years. I doubt I'll come to this, blame my ridiculous excess on new years, not my unwillingness to travel. love you southern babeses.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
1- two day hangover, unlucky, drink coke, get fresh air, you'll be fine
2- three day hangovers dont exist, get some sleep, and come tomorrow afternoon

VA

Smash Hero
I could have possibly come today but tomorrow is impossible, I have 3 essays due on the 11th. I must start doing something on those tomorrow.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Awwwwww VA - my dissertation is in for Monday, and I still have work to do on it tomorrow, and I was planning on playing smash :( Though actually now that you aren't coming, I should have a lot of the afternoon to finish it off. So in a way, I'm both glad and sad that you aren't coming.

We'll have to arrange a more convenient time for everyone - I'm definitely not up for travelling anywhere until after exams at least (so end of january, really). Any thoughts?

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
anyway would be nice to get some games in before the ranbat at the end of the month :)

VA

Smash Hero
well I'll see what I can do, not promising anything.

Also beast has stepped up HARD. He's going to be taking names at the Ranbat.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is there anyone coming up to the london ranbat from soton?

If so, there anyway you can bring any vids u guys record up to put on my laptop or something? Even just putting the good vids onto someones ipod or something, as long as I get vids, its cool, def wanna put some southampton in the combo vid :)

Want to do as little downloading from youtube as possible :/

VA

Smash Hero
haha but he also beat the lust at the ranbat before.

Beast is getting good now, seriously it was the kind of step up I was talking about with Swizzy when he got a lot better. It's not top top top play yet but he's getting there and I'm glad to see it finally happening. My crew will be legit eventually.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well we will see anyway.

I think Swizzy through off alot of people mostly because of his character....not saying he isn't good or anything cos he is good.
But I just think that Ganon throws off alot of people.

Which is why I think even if he did step up ALOT it wouldnt be as effective BUT obviously we will see.

It's good he is stepping up regardless and you're getting a good amount of players in your area.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
well to be honest barely any newer players in the uk have a lot of sheik experience anyway aaron so its kind of the same thing :v

Top Bottom