• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Hmm not too sure if its worth going through with this or not now. Ben can't make it. Dan may be able to if he can get a lift but if he did it would be late xD.

So that leaves me, L-j and crabman haha

L-J

Smash Ace
Yo James i'm bringing 2 other smashers along to this so that'd make 5 which is more than we've had when we've gone all the way down to Southampton xD. Sean if you're still up for driving over here (which ain't that far really) then we should go ahead and have a few games now that it's been arranged and all. 5 ppl is plenty to have some games/BANTER etc. Your call though guys.

Joe man i'd love to be able to get up there, I did see it was happening from Will's thread and it looks like you've got a fair few people going as well which is great. Problem is I just can't travel anywhere now for smash before I go to uni. Quite a few reasons but mainly rents being very anti-smash (especially travelling across the country to play even though often it's the only way I CAN play :/) and money. But I guarantee I will get up to a Manchester/Bolton tourney/fest as soon as I realistically can. I really wanna play all you guys again :).

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Gah, Looks like all you guys are still pretty far away, it's a shame as I'll be heading to Worcester Uni come the 19th would have liked to have been closer to some people, but ahh well, looks like I'll still have to travel a bit, hope to get a bit more involved in your scene so you can expect to see me quiet often :).

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Ahh didn't realise you were bringing a few more people =P. Thats cool then

My anti smash friend should be here aswell so we might be able to make him play a few games ;o. Got him playing the other night and he was still getting me to 1 stock on some occastions. Best to do it this week anyway since I wont be about for the next =P

L-J

Smash Ace
Joe: I think fuel to Bolton is somewhere between £25 and £30 - it's not too bad but it certainly makes me consider carefully all journeys I make of that sorta length, especially if i'm going on my own and have to pay it all myself. When I do go up there next i'll try and make sure i'm with at least one more person (e.g. Crabman) to split costs and make the journeys less dull lol.

James: Good stuff - we should be round at about 3 hopefully, so Sean u probs wanna try and arrive around that sorta time as well. See ya then.

Yeniths: Although it isn't really close, you're still deffo gonna be within a reasonable distance from Bristol at least (although I won't be there during Cambridge uni term time) so yeah I hope to see more of you around here in the future :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Brinks smashfest was good but I think I was the only one attending that wasn't from bristol. Anyways I think I should prob point out to everyone the start of term which means people will be moving including- LJ to Cambridge and Blinky back to York also VA to brighton.

On the other hand Dacacia and Pick will be coming back to Southampton as well as Cheez from Daves guys.

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Yes it was still good fun though haha :3. Nothing changes for me really. I've been doing my course from home so ill continue to do so =p

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I'm from Wales, am interested in going into England for a tourney or two within the next few months =). My tag is "Sweet Psy". Cardiff, Wales counts as South-west right?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
no problemo psymon, but there aren't rly any tournaments going on in the SW, there is a monthly tournament in London which will be on the 26th that is brawl and melee

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
YAY =D I agree, **** the Northerners for now =P host a southern one! And I don't mind bringing a pot noodle to save a bit of money =P

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
tbh I'm even considering hosting a south only tournament considering how basly they flaked the last one. Not only that but saying **** about it after they ****ing flake it

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is that to say that northerers aren't welcome to this potential tournament? cos that would be pretty gay considering it was a minority that ****-talked the tournament

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Excluding northerners would cause people from the south (i.e. me, and probably others) to be less likely to come. Don't be lame, make it a proper tournament - show the minority that they were wrong, make it the best tournament ever ;)

(EDIT: lol, thanks Tamoo)

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I play Brawl now. Used to play Melee but I'm so **** at it now because none of my friends that play Brawl played it. So sad as well, Melee was so much better.... I could try and practice over the next few weeks if you're not going to be holding any Brawl tournies????

AmcD

Smash Ace
Ben you hosted your tournament at one of the worst time possible-over easter weekend. Also I have no idea what cheap options for travel there is to southhampton.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Ben you hosted your tournament at one of the worst time possible-over easter weekend. Also I have no idea what cheap options for travel there is to southhampton.
So it's somehow my fault for you not coming? I don't think so. Try megabus Manchester- Southampton. WE did that date after a long discussion with people who said that any of the other dates we could do were bad. Easter hollidays is when people are free so I don't know what your on about.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I would like to apologize for your pervious tournament as I didn't attend and tournaments only turnout good when arrive so your tournament basically was riding on me....

AmcD

Smash Ace
Well I didn't attend because I wasn't playin smash and if I was I wouldn't of come due to it being easter and i'm sure other people didn't go due to the same reason. With it being easter im pretty sure the travel is really bad due to it being like a bank holiday.
Also the easter holidays are on for 2 weeks so why have it over the actual easter weekend lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
1. if you weren't playing smash then why are you even commenting lol

2. all of the other dates during easter (and outside of easter) were deemed not doable by the community. You make it sound like we just made that date deliberately to minimise attendance

AmcD

Smash Ace
Only reason im commenting about it is because you said you were going to exclude the northerners from the next tournament.
Also if that date was the best date then why were you complaining about the attendance?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Guys, are there any Brawl tournaments coming up soon that some of you are going to?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
because people flaked lol. The reason we chose that date was because people said they could make it but didn't. The no northeners thing I didn't rly mean I was just rly angry at some of the responses I got for PH.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The only brawl (or melee for that matter) tournaments will be regional, the closest for you if you live in Wales would either be Manchester or London.

Brado

Smash Lord
Leicester is surely a lot nearer than London and Manchester >.<

Looking like a great brawl tournout aswell, with the best in UK confirmed, (=

You should try and make it Psymon, though it is a bit far )=

Top Bottom