• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Smash II - January 12th & 13th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
UCSD smashers:

are there any good cheap hotels that you'd recommend near campus? all the stuff I'm finding is like $150+/nite.

and are the hotels in somewhat close proximity to campus usually booked, or can we expect to find a room if we just drive down and wander a bit?

seigehyland

Smash Ace
Your not popular its just Mike Haze assumes that you are a noob maybe you are don't know.
and it finds it a easy way to make a quick buck$
haha...i know...im a smash nobody...i dont get out much...but whatever still a good experience. ive seen some mike haze vids tho...i know who he is thru youtube. haha

seigehyland

Smash Ace
UCSD smashers:

are there any good cheap hotels that you'd recommend near campus? all the stuff I'm finding is like $150+/nite.

and are the hotels in somewhat close proximity to campus usually booked, or can we expect to find a room if we just drive down and wander a bit?
i looked all over the orbiz, priceline, and expedia.coms for ya...all the hotels around UCSD are really expensive. there are alot of motels in SD tho. and its about $70 instead of the $160 that youve been looking at...it all depends on whether you mind driving a little bit to and from the venue.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
thanks. I read this and looked into it, and it seems there are some motel 6's for about $60 within 10m (driving) of the venue. I guess i'll grab one of those rooms.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah look how cocky Rick's become in the last few months. What a jerk.... lol

Danny, I guess I can spot one more...
ROUND TABLE - All I'm providing is a roof a floor and once couch, bring sleeping gear

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Wsup St Pat. lemme get a MM with your gannon with my link bro. BRING IT ON!!!!!

*whispers* only $1 tho...i only gamble with the washingtons....you aint taking my lincolns or jacksons

side note: anyone wanna try and squeeze in some smash before saturday who lives in the area? hit me up please
Yeah I'll take that MM.

And are you taking MMs Hitori? I'll MM you if you're taking some =P

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Like in life there are always exceptions.
Who am I to generalize?
I'm just some big meanie face.
Dumb dumb poo poo.
Overly concerned.
Clearly.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
oh man, i have a feeling i'll be losing a bit more than my entry fees for this tourney.

sure i'll $2 MM you Patrick.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Um....I'm gonna need a ride to this if ASP doesn't come. Anyone wanna be super special awesome and help me out here? BD

KO-M

Smash Cadet
I can probably give you a ride over there depends How far is it from the Tourney? And ill probably need some directions for the drive in SD. xD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm going to win this.

Edit - Oops, this is Luigi

festizzio

Smash Champion
Ok Larry has just informed me that he isn't going to this, so I'm now driving Waffle, Haze, Kira, and Inks. I'd really appreciate it if someone could look into housing those of us who still need housing. I know Mike, Inks, and Kira are already being housed so we really only need housing for two people, and splitting the cost of a motel room between two people is kind of...more money than I want to spend we'll say. :) Thanks.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Ok im staying at my sisters condo in La Jolla cause me and my friends dont wanna have to drive back down to chula vista and back up again. She's gonna put up me and my 2 friends. She says I can have 4 but Im trying to let her have 5 people so I can house 2 ppl but its a small 2 bedroom condo and the 2 rooms are for her and her roommate so that means couch which is mine btw, and the floor...... So if this happens were gonna have to make it stretch!!! Im still not sure on this but Im gonna find out so dont get your hopes up!!!!!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Ok im staying at my sisters condo in La Jolla cause me and my friends dont wanna have to drive back down to chula vista and back up again. She's gonna put up me and my 2 friends. She says I can have 4 but Im trying to let her have 5 people so I can house 2 ppl but its a small 2 bedroom condo and the 2 rooms are for her and her roommate so that means couch which is mine btw, and the floor...... So if this happens were gonna have to make it stretch!!! Im still not sure on this but Im gonna find out so dont get your hopes up!!!!!
That would be awesome. :) Thanks just for finding out, we really appreciate it. :)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Anyone involved at UCSD, is there a way I can access the internet service on tournament day? My own internet card is being dumb right now, and I don't think it's going to work down there.

thanks

And yea, I found housing.

--GCII

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
umm smash thing at my house friday night :] btw i'm justin's older brother :p PM me for address/details :D

LuCKy

Smash Master
Round Table needs a ride lol so thats me mango danny and david......anyone??? we got gas money:)

hitori

Smash Journeyman
Reno def. has a hotel room, so we may be able to house some more. splitting up hotel costs between more is always nice, and it would probably be 10-25 per person for both nights (total of 10-25, not per nite)

we can probably house 2-3, but i'll keep you up to date., and know for sure by wed. nite.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
No, I knew all the people coming. It just like hit me as I was reading the thread, "Wow. This is ****ing huge. And it's HERE for a change."

It makes me just a little happier.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
with doors opening at 10:00, are friendlies/warm-ups allowed until tournament play starts?

Zoap

Smash Master
Well poor Berkeley isnt gonna do so well considering Snap will prob play for Norcal :)

Norcal will prob get a motel room btw

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Luigi I'll join SB/Riverside crew I guess, Pomona's close enough.

edit: why does kira need a ride, he drives >_<.
Only during break.

Ok Larry has just informed me that he isn't going to this, so I'm now driving Waffle, Haze, Kira, and Inks. I'd really appreciate it if someone could look into housing those of us who still need housing. I know Mike, Inks, and Kira are already being housed so we really only need housing for two people, and splitting the cost of a motel room between two people is kind of...more money than I want to spend we'll say. :) Thanks.
Thanks festizzio, if you need directions to my place I'll send it to you.

And yeah, I automatically have housing.

Yeah, poor children need housing.
I think it's 'cuz I'm really tired, but that was pretty funny.

Well poor Berkeley isnt gonna do so well considering Snap will prob play for Norcal :)

Norcal will prob get a motel room btw
Can I come lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
Everyone I'm driving, just PM me or AIM me the address you are going to be picked up at and I'll handle the directions. :)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hitori, doors are only open for setting up. It's just a notice for people bringing cubes and TVs. There might be some friendlies, but I doubt it. It's really for the TOs. You might be able to expect things to settle down around 11-ish. We might do some friendlies then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom