• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest IV - 1/17-18/09 -$4000 Pot - Melee MLK Monday 1/19

oiMrXio

Smash Cadet
FF1 is pretty cool. I watched one of my friends beat that game with four white mages a couple years ago.
holy crap, that must've taken forever.

I've tried 4 black mages twice, but my game kept resetting and losing my save everytime i got far into the game =[

And yay for people recognizing that 6 was the best. No villain will ever top Kefka in terms of personality//level of badassness achieved. I mean c'mon, what other villain ACTUALLY DESTROYED THE WORLD?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
she was very cute but had zero personality (ie, no character depth)
hm you have a point

anyway. the game was also way too easy/boring once you got a firm grasp on gambits. it would practically play itself

things that made the game cool: ashe's cuteness, "Don't listen to Ondore's lies!", balthier, and balthier's daddy

the boss sucked too!

embracethe12

Smash Lord
FF6 is where it's at
FF4 is good, but you'd reach the end then have to spend an extra 50hours training to even stand a chance against the boss. you'll be at the end of the game at level 60, but then realize you need to be level 90 to live passed the first form of the boss ( assuming you don't get lucky and he hits you with his weak move, yes, a move, cause there's only 1 weak one)
_
so i tried to play blitzball irl one time
and it didn't work

Lovage

Smash Hero
the ff debate is obviously sans tactics, because that is the best in the FF name by FAR

the 9 soundtrack is amazing

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
FFT is the greatest single-player game of all-time

but FF as a whole is just a good, but pretty flawed, RPG series. not my favorite cup of tea, i'd take dragon warrior cuz i'm old school like dat

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
FF7 is overrated. It was good but... that's really it.

6 is probably the best IMO though I haven't played it in a long *** ****ing time.
I've yet to play 8 but I plan to really soon. My friends going to let me borrow his copy.
I didn't finish 9 though it was pretty **** fun.
10 was meh.
11 is online garbage.
And I don't want to play 12. The battle system didn't appeal to me at all. And I hear that the gambit is broken.

Just my two cents.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
A while ago, some of my friends were watching a movie and for whatever reason we wanted to skip some scene, so we fast-forwarded through that part at twice the normal speed and this state was abbreviated as "FFX2" on the screen. We were amused.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
FFX2
FF11
Chocobo Tales
everything else

in that order, no exceptions.

Nah I've only played 2 or 3 of 'em. The ones I've played have been pretty good... except X2, I want the 2 hours of my life I spent on that game back.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
FFT was my second final fantasy game
(i played a gameboy FF as my first, lol all morphed beast team)
and honestly, i didn't think it was so great

it was very thorough and all the things you needed to do were cool, it was a technical kinda game
but it took SO LONG to do anything and there were no skipping scenes/moves i dunno.
it got old too fast. it's like getting that game of chess for the playstation and playing the hardest
difficulty, just to realize that each time the computer moves it takes about 4minutes.

I played disgaea which is like a spin off of it and i liked that. although it's really unpopular cause it's not a MAIN STREAM favorite.

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
it was very thorough and all the things you needed to do were cool, it was a technical kinda game
but it took SO LONG to do anything and there were no skipping scenes/moves i dunno.
it got old too fast. it's like getting that game of chess for the playstation and playing the hardest
difficulty, just to realize that each time the computer moves it takes about 4minutes.
I bet you got stuck at the first Wiegraf fight and had to start the game over.

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
FFX made me question why im even playing this dumb game with ok music

on topic, i cant wait for this tourney. never been to cali so im ready to see whats up. Im pretty mad that plane tickets cost like 340 from florida though. What kind of bull****tery is that
You're missin out. Cali is bomb.

∫unk

Smash Master
ff10 took me 90 hours to completely beat T-T

i think yuna ended up doing 99999 with her staff

it was my first and last ff for that reason

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
7 takes much less time

just use broken combinations of materia and its gg

lol quad summon + knights of round

or last attack + life

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
A while ago, some of my friends were watching a movie and for whatever reason we wanted to skip some scene, so we fast-forwarded through that part at twice the normal speed and this state was abbreviated as "FFX2" on the screen. We were amused.
i wanna hang out with fly

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You're missin out. Cali is bomb.
i still plan to come..just suprised at the cost of tickets

i also plan to eat at california regional food places that ive never seen before, like in and out burger or whatever its called

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
Too good hahahaha XD

i still plan to come..just suprised at the cost of tickets

i also plan to eat at california regional food places that ive never seen before, like in and out burger or whatever its called
Good deal. I'm sure you'll like it. Depending on how long you're staying, you could ask some sd peeps about some other fun stuff here too.

Top Bottom