• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Lunatik

Smash Rookie
ok so me and mkate r good people. she is still gonna be our support!!! yay!!!

on another note, my birthday is saturday guys. that means there will be a party saturday. and that also means a tourney saturday because its my birthday. but, its not going to be a normal tourney at all. if its my birthday im gonna make it AS FUN AS POSSIBLE. expect me to make up a rule set here within the next few hours. if u play in the tourney and u drink then the money u pay to get into the tourney will go towards the house(3$ im thinking) and if u dont drink then u pay only 1$(still thinking). trust me, it will be a blast.

but first, i need to know who wants to come, who plans on drinking, and who cannot drink...

and believe me, there will be beer. (and liquor possibly. just need to know what people want)

-gallax on mkates account

Trott

Smash Rookie
I'm up to play >: (
I'm going to Moe's Monday at 3 pm but after that I'll be set to play.

ok so me and mkate r good people. she is still gonna be our support!!! yay!!!

on another note, my birthday is saturday guys. that means there will be a party saturday. and that also means a tourney saturday because its my birthday. but, its not going to be a normal tourney at all. if its my birthday im gonna make it AS FUN AS POSSIBLE. expect me to make up a rule set here within the next few hours. if u play in the tourney and u drink then the money u pay to get into the tourney will go towards the house(3$ im thinking) and if u dont drink then u pay only 1$(still thinking). trust me, it will be a blast.

but first, i need to know who wants to come, who plans on drinking, and who cannot drink...

and believe me, there will be beer. (and liquor possibly. just need to know what people want)

-gallax on mkates account
Count me in but I don't drink.

OverLade

Smash Hero
he doesn't know any match ups, its funny I'm honestly shocked he is as good as he is after talking to him about how he trains. he just knows his options so well and he learns fast.
He keeps saying that but he's wrong. He's extremely good at the vast majority of matchups, he just has specific bad habits in certain matchups that top players can abuse. I played him with Diddy though and he's definitely terrible at the matchup but aside from that he's **** at just about every other one...

He claims to have a bad memory, which does seem to affect his ability to fight Snake and Diddy though. In our friendlies I hit him with almost every single proximity and C4.

gallax

Smash Hero
ok so far the list goes as follows

NOT drinking
Zuo
Trott
Jimmer
hiroi
noa

IS drinking
radiX
raz
sensei
fearless
twtch
kyon

And i will be updating as people confirm/deny

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I just watched some videos of ally playing... man I want to play snake now.

That Dair! Can you imagine having solid snake riverdancing on your face?! Metal gear riverdance!

gallax

Smash Hero
THE TOURNEY FOR SCRUBS AND DRINKERS!!!!

The party itself will begin and we can start drinking at around 5ish. Dubs will start around 7-8 and singles will folllow right after.

Normal Rules apply for this tournament in terms of how its run and stage selections. its best of 3, mlg stage list, 8 minute timer, blah blah blah. the only differences are as followed:

Rule 1

Have Fun please. This is a tourney that is being hosted for my birthday.

Rule 2

The stages will be switched. What was a counterpick before will be a starter and what was a starter will now be a counterpick.

Starter Stages
Deathstar (brinstar)
Frigate Renki (orpheon)
Hiroi's Plantation (green Greens)
Matafair (norfair)
Xenochat (picto)
Raz's Stadium (ps2)
Nova Cruise (rainbow)

Counterpick Stages
Field Of Turnips And Needles (battlefield)
Noa's Castle (castle Siege)
Del-kuro Plaza (delphino)
Gdx's Destination (final)
Vergberd (halberd)
Radix Cruise (lylat)
Gallax Stadium (ps1)
X-ville (smashville)
Gindler's Island (yoshi's)

Rule 3

I believe this will be the best rule of the tourney actually. All non-drinkers must have some type of disadvantage. If you are not drinking then your opponent gets either 2 character bans or get to have 10 stage bans.

If you both are drinking then both players get 3 stage bans as well as 1 char ban.

If you are not drinking then you can only ban 1 stage.

Rule 4

When striking stages, each person will ban one stage at a time until one stage is left. to decide to bans the first stage, it will be the loser of rock/paper/scissors or both players picking gaw and using the hammer(lowest number chooses the first ban)

Rule 5

If you are drinking and you play me(Gallax), then everytime you die u must drink at least 1/4 of ur beer b4 u can play ur next stock. if you get 0-death'd then u must drink an entire beer(or 1 shot ur choice). if u get killed in a fashion thats amazing, u must drink. if i tell u that u need to drink, u must drink. but dont worry, ill take a few sips with ya too :p i will drink when i die or when u hard read me or w/e. i love to drink.

if you are not drinking then i have the power to decide how many stocks u must start out with. i will decide on how drunk ur opponent is. if i feel that he is sober enough then you can have ur 3 stocks. but if ur opponent has had like 4 beers and 2 shots and feels no pain u have only one stock and i may have u take 30-40% damage before u rip ur opponent to shreds

Rule 6

If you are drinking then you must pay me 3$

NO EXCEPTIONS. if you drink even one beer or shot u must pay me the 3$. this shiz is expensive guys.

and if you are drinking, you must stay at my place until u are sober or u have a safe, sober ride home.

Rule 7

There is going to be a door fee as well as a tourney fee, just like what Raz did.

COST
$2.00 Door fee
$4.00 Singles
$4.00 doubles per person (8$ per team)
For all events $10.00.

Pot Split:
Doubles – 60,30,10
Singles – 40,30,20,10

Rule 8

If mary-kate enters the tourney and i see anyone using not sonic against her in tourney i will dq you from the entire tourney. she doesnt play brawl at all and she just wants to have fun.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Gallax. For instant fun do this. Players set the other player's controls without eachother know what they are and they start the match. Every time new people arrive to the set up, they make new names and continue doing so. Eventually you'll have a roulette of tags that just have wacked out controls and the players randomly pick one and compete.

Twtch

Smash Rookie
Your party sounds like an awesome time gallax, I'm down to play with you all.

and drinking (which would be 5 at the door + singles or dubs yes?)

gallax

Smash Hero
Gallax. For instant fun do this. Players set the other player's controls without eachother know what they are and they start the match. Every time new people arrive to the set up, they make new names and continue doing so. Eventually you'll have a roulette of tags that just have wacked out controls and the players randomly pick one and compete.
haha. yo thats toooooo whacked. u coming though?

Your party sounds like an awesome time gallax, I'm down to play with you all.

and drinking (which would be 5 at the door + singles or dubs yes?)
yup. 5$ plus ur entry fee for the tourney. the door fee is for all tourney goers.

gallax

Smash Hero
Im coming but i dont like rule 1 and part of rule 5. I might drink a little but i hate beer. but i dont think i should. i get emotional and emo
its my house and my 21st. im DECIDING WHATS WHAT MWAHAHAHAhA. if u compete u follow the rules. plus there will be mixed drinks!!! oh, and i forgot to add that i myself will follow that same rule 5 if im playing against u, if you are drinking too. that way we both have fun :)

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Actually on what halbard said, he doesn't know low tier match ups that well...he does know his character. He just adapts very well to play style.

but depending on how much work i have i'll show and have a few. but probably not entering cause it sounds ******** :p

but yeah learned a lot about the MK matchup now. and how a lot of the MK players dont know how to play MK.

gallax

Smash Hero
THE TOURNEY FOR SCRUBS AND DRINKERS!!!!

The party itself will begin and we can start drinking at around 5ish. Dubs will start around 6ish and singles will folllow right after.

Normal Rules apply for this tournament in terms of how its run and stage selections. its best of 3, mlg stage list, 8 minute timer, blah blah blah. the only differences are as followed:

Rule 1

Have Fun please. This is a tourney that is being hosted for my birthday.

Rule 2

The stages will be switched. What was a counterpick before will be a starter and what was a starter will now be a counterpick.

Starter Stages
Deathstar (brinstar)
Frigate Renki (orpheon)
Hiroi's Plantation (green Greens)
Matafair (norfair)
Xenochat (picto)
Raz's Stadium (ps2)
Nova Cruise (rainbow)

Counterpick Stages
Field Of Turnips And Needles (battlefield)
Noa's Castle (castle Siege)
Del-kuro Plaza (delphino)
Gdx's Destination (final)
Vergberd (halberd)
Radix Cruise (lylat)
Gallax Stadium (ps1)
X-ville (smashville)
Gindler's Island (yoshi's)

Rule 3

I believe this will be the best rule of the tourney actually. All non-drinkers must have some type of disadvantage. If you are not drinking then your opponent gets either 2 character bans or get to have 10 stage bans.

If you both are drinking then both players get 3 stage bans as well as 1 char ban.

If you are not drinking then you can only ban 1 stage.

Rule 4

When striking stages, each person will ban one stage at a time until one stage is left. to decide to bans the first stage, it will be the loser of rock/paper/scissors or both players picking gaw and using the hammer(lowest number chooses the first ban)

Rule 5

If you are drinking and you play me(Gallax), then everytime you die u must drink at least 1/4 of ur beer b4 u can play ur next stock. if you get 0-death'd then u must drink an entire beer(or 1 shot ur choice). if u get killed in a fashion thats amazing, u must drink. if i tell u that u need to drink, u must drink. but dont worry, ill take a few sips with ya too :p i will drink when i die or when u hard read me or w/e. i love to drink.

if you are not drinking then i have the power to decide how many stocks u must start out with. i will decide on how drunk ur opponent is. if i feel that he is sober enough then you can have ur 3 stocks. but if ur opponent has had like 4 beers and 2 shots and feels no pain u have only one stock and i may have u take 30-40% damage before u rip ur opponent to shreds

Rule 6

If you are drinking then you must pay me 3$

NO EXCEPTIONS. if you drink even one beer or shot u must pay me the 3$. this shiz is expensive guys.

and if you are drinking, you must stay at my place until u are sober or u have a safe, sober ride home.

Rule 7

There is going to be a door fee as well as a tourney fee, just like what Raz did.

COST
$2.00 Door fee
$4.00 Singles
$4.00 doubles per person (8$ per team)
For all events $10.00.

Pot Split:
Doubles – 60,30,10
Singles – 40,30,20,10

Rule 8

If mary-kate enters the tourney and i see anyone using not sonic against her in tourney i will dq you from the entire tourney. she doesnt play brawl at all and she just wants to have fun.
aight my new system.

@kadaj- no one really knows yet. but if hrnut and co 18 go in a car with you ill tag along.

@kyon- her last name is murphy

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
god even though im of age, i really wouldnt want to drink. this is so weird...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i really want to go to mlg columbus now. I hope they have singles saturday-sunday this time. no offense to gary or anything, but id rather miss teams than singles

also, im off work Wednesday, so Tuesday night/Wednesday someone should definitely play me. I'll go somewhere near UCF if i have to. Ive never been more amped to get better at brawl than I am right now

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I told you Gallax, i have to see how much work i have to do so put me yes...if i get some free time i'll stop by for some drinks. i might enter the tourney. just have to wait a bit

Twtch

Smash Rookie
Gallax if you need them, I can bring a wii/brawl on saturday, but no tv.

And if anyone has time to kill on campus wednesday, hit me up for a few games of brawl (after 12:00)
(443)-454-4205

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm gonna warn you guys now so you don't get slapped by a hurricane's **** like I did.

Raz' pikachu minus and Garb's fox minus are un%@$&ingbelievably nuts.

Also, boozer minus for god tier

Exdeath

Smash Master
I doubt that I can make it. I have a test that afternoon and I have a final paper that I completely forgot about haha.

Top Bottom