• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Mata no one (except Retro) is afraid of PT, lol.
me? afraid of poke trainer? yea right. the only thing i'm afraid of is mata complaining how broken kirby is, which he's not.

yeah retro, glide tossing isn't bad at all once you get the hang of it, I don't think about it anymore at all, just whether to actually glide toss or not

and tom... thats what the dots and smiley was for :)
thanx. yea if i can get the hang of it, i should be able to handle diddy. let me know when you can help me.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Retro picking up an S-er? I coulda sworn he said he'd never use a top tier............of course he uses MK too Wacca Wacca

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Retro picking up an S-er? I coulda sworn he said he'd never use a top tier............of course he uses MK too Wacca Wacca
only for the fatass. but hopefully diddy can replace him eventually...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so any smashfests tommorrow? man the kirby boards have gotten me worn out... saying meta has a 65-35 or 60-40 favorable match up against kirby... bullcrap...

Gindler

Smash Champion
so any smashfests tommorrow? man the kirby boards have gotten me worn out... saying meta has a 65-35 or 60-40 favorable match up against kirby... bullcrap...
You're telling me. The yoshi boards are saying samus is a yoshi counter now, Wolf is a HARD counter (this is true though). And the Wolf boards think wolf vs. D3 is a 20:80 for some reason :confused:

I've just learned not to listen to any matchup threads

Plus, you beat Rx- IIRC with kirby so it can't be all that bad.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
You're telling me. The yoshi boards are saying samus is a yoshi counter now, Wolf is a HARD counter (this is true though). And the Wolf boards think wolf vs. D3 is a 20:80 for some reason :confused:

I've just learned not to listen to any matchup threads

Plus, you beat Rx- IIRC with kirby so it can't be all that bad.
yea, but seibrik and co18 are getting involved. and some kirby player named allied is siding with them. and samus a yoshi counter? i find that hard to believe. and wolf at that much disadavantage? ludicious. i think people are getting way over their heads.

i still think i got lucky against rx-. he is a much better smasher than i am so i don't think i won by skill, just luck. and i hate having that feeling.

and i might sound naive, but whats IIRC gindler?

sorry for the double post.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
So smashfest on Wednesday or not? Cuz I really want to go to a fest after school but if i leave the ucf area im not coming back. LoL

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Smash tomorrow is going down .... We just need to set a place up! Someone step up please, if not you guys can drive 30min to my house and spend $4 on tolls for a fest! XD LOL

Seriously please smashfest! Someone host one!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, car needs spark plugs. Stupid thing is so lucky it's adorable. Oh well, looks like I'll miss an amazing fest tomorrow/today(for you it's midnight blah blah blah people). Next wednesday I'll be all over it though.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i'm imagining gindler riding in a beetle with a custom yoshi paint job now

with a little tail and yoshi spikes

the lights are his gleaming eyes

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Wolf boards don't watch my vids >:(

obviously they suck. Nah, against d3 wolf has so many options to avoid getting grabbed. wolf is way way harder to gimp than people like to think. D3's attacks can be DIed purty well so every hit you have a chance to come back... if he didn't out right kill you. D3 can't grab bair on sheild but he is crazy easy to sheild poke. wolf is so beast!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Well... all this hype about everyone having Wednesday off and no place to host a fest.....

So is there gonna be a fest today?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Spike if no one does anything you can give me a call again. I can't have many people over... I don't want tom's electricity through the roof. ALSO I don't know I just don't want a bunch of people over.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Spike if no one does anything you can give me a call again. I can't have many people over... I don't want tom's electricity through the roof. ALSO I don't know I just don't want a bunch of people over.
YOUR DA BEST! Well Ill call you when i get out of school and see wasup. It will probably be around 1:30 or so. Thanks alot tho! I really wanted to brawl and u just made my day 10x better now. Now i can breathe and be at ease. LOL

*If anything we can relocate if a fest gets setup!

Gindler

Smash Champion
i'm imagining gindler riding in a beetle with a custom yoshi paint job now

with a little tail and yoshi spikes

the lights are his gleaming eyes
I don't like yoshi that much :p

Ha, I know how tom feels. I went over my electric cap too.......................................by $1.81 :chuckle:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so any smashfest today?

IIRC= if i recall correctly bro.

i may be up for smash tomorrow night. retro...teams?
yep, we need to practice to see if we can work together. just rememeber i always use a lightweight character such as kirby or hopefully soon, diddy. so pika is your best option, but we can practice with snake as well.

Gindler

Smash Champion
so any smashfest today?

yep, we need to practice to see if we can work together. just rememeber i always use a lightweight character such as kirby or hopefully soon, diddy. so pika is your best option, but we can practice with snake as well.
Hmmm, you could always have your teammate not hit you? I team with a lightweight and usually take more friendly fire than I give, good thing wario is so heavy :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrhxvBJz0_o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Frxgaming.net%2Fvid_pop_page.php%3Fvideo_id%3DzrhxvBJz0_o&feature=player_embedded

Before I saw this I thought Diddy was horrible in teams, but GDX doesn't hit his teammate with bananas. Probably one of my favorite doubles matches I've seen (omnigay in a real match :chuckle:), the music might help a bit too.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
man, its an uphill battle in the kirby boards. man, meta is not a big deal. when are meta mainers ever gonna realize that he is not god like. :urg:

so i guess there isn't a smashfest today?

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
such a long day can't wait till its over... going to try to play some smash this weekend but really need to do a lot of work. plus my gf is coming down for a week. I'll try to bring her to a fest to show her how we roll. then take her to Gigs to have her watch me lose :)

Gindler

Smash Champion
I haven't brawled in forever. So this weekend sounds like a fantastically fantastic plan.

Plus I want to try and pick up diddy, after seeing GDX in that match he looks so fun. Hopefully he won't fail like most characters that look fun.

How's finding a location ahead of time sound to everyone? that way the last second no one can host thing happens again =P

Top Bottom