• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitch.tv Announces Official Smash Bros Page!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I was able to help Twitch.tv establish a "team page" for Smash streamers! This page will serve as a great hub for smash streaming. If you are part of the group you will be advertised on the left side of the page, and online streamers will have their streams on the front (only one at a time). The more popular channels like mine will also help newer channels to grow because we will all be centered here.

There are loads of cool features, for example you can follow every smash bros channel with one click, which will help out all of us!

They made me the editor/admin of the group so all you have to do is PM me your livestream channel name (do not need full URL) and I will add you to the group! I have not been able to design the page or anything yet, but I have plans for that very soon as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/team/smashbros

This is a huge chance for us!

I am also always available to help any of you increase your stream quality and framerate, be sure to just message me and I will be able to help you out!

EDIT: I think I will have all Smash games on the channel instead of just Melee. Feel free to discuss.

EDIT2: I would love to post this in the new livestream forum, but I have been denied access to any streaming privileges on smashboards.com without any warning.

UPDATE: I already have 18 channels on the page, and a design on the way.

Another issue is streamers streaming other games. I think that in the interest of freedom and community, people should be allowed to stream whatever games they want even once they get added. However, I can choose "featured channels" that will always show up on the page if they are online. Based on frequency of play and frequency of playing smash in particular, channels will be ranked here. So in conclusion, everyone on the channel won't always be playing smash, but they are all smash streamers in general, and streaming smash in good quality (both video and play quality) will get you ranked higher and show up on the front page more often! (For example I moved myself down a few notches because I don't have a TV and can only stream Starcraft 2, so if the other guys are streaming at the same time as me, they will show on the page automatically.) This ranking system should be a solid motivator for every streamer!

I can also add up to 10 twitch vods for the frontpage, I have just added some of the best stuff from my stream, but I will include other good vods from other streamers!

If you are holding an event and want to be promoted to the front page for a day, let me know and I will feature you for the length of the tournament! This will make your stream play automatically as soon as someone opens the page!

jalued

Smash Lord
This should definitely promote all smash games, so that it brings in more viewers. They will in turn boost the other streams and hopefully the smash community will start to see some new faces appear in the scene.

Dr Pee.Pee... be scared ;)

leffen

Smash Champion
Good ****!

I'll hopefully start streaming more often with AJPantons help once he figures out his computer problems...

btw, could you ask them if they could implement chat support for the page? it could be one of the tabs (which now is only Video/Info) or you could make it so that you can minimize the sidebar thingy (which displays whos streaming atm etc) to give room for the chat. It could also feature some kind of popup when a new streaming gets online if you have it minimized so that ppl will notice

EDIT:

Also, please add links to smashboards/some info about our scene somewhere on the mainpage. There's so many people who look at these streams but never make it to smashboards and learn more about the scene

edit #2: Add Twitch.tv-
/ajp_anton,
/v3ctorman
/VGBootcamp

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tonight we got probably 50% more peak viewers than we normally get, not to mention who knows how many unique viewers and new followers. This was a big help. Thanks Peef!

For anyone interested, http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar is currently the most active Project M livestream, located in MD/VA so we frequently get guest appearances by MD/VA Melee players.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This should definitely promote all smash games, so that it brings in more viewers. They will in turn boost the other streams and hopefully the smash community will start to see some new faces appear in the scene.

Dr Pee.Pee... be scared ;)
I ain't scared ;)

;) ;) ;)

ps good stuff peef!!! =)

zZz

Smash Apprentice
GOOD %#@* MAN! Can't wait to test this baby out. It sounds a lot like what we talked about the other day.

Varist

Smash Lord
Wow, exactly what I needed. Now I can literally just click on each and every stream sequentially until I find someone who's streaming. Easy way to check for some live Melee.

Or is there like an alert or a glow or an icon on channels that are streaming out of that list? That would be even cooler.

and yeah community stuff lolol good ****

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wow, exactly what I needed. Now I can literally just click on each and every stream sequentially until I find someone who's streaming. Easy way to check for some live Melee.

Or is there like an alert or a glow or an icon on channels that are streaming out of that list? That would be even cooler.

and yeah community stuff lolol good ****
You don't have to click them! The people online will be listed first, with the viewer count next to them, and they will be tinted red while offline streams will be tinted blue with no viewer count. One of the streams will show up automatically for you.

Here is the team page for the huge KoA: Reckoning marathon, it shows how our page should work! http://www.twitch.tv/team/reckoning

BTW, everyone has been added so far!

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Habe what is that profile pic LOL
LOOOOOOOOOL

It's the best mid-match pause that I've ever been part of. I'm the Puff, my buddy Kujo is the Yoshi, and I think he was dash attacking or something and... well, it looked like that. :p

On-topic: This is astoundingly cool. Could help the scene grow, definitely makes it easier and more convenient for me to find streams I'd ordinarily miss, etc.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thanks everyone, this is looking really awesome.

I already have 18 channels up, and a design on the way.

Another issue is streamers streaming other games. I think that in the interest of freedom and community, people should be allowed to stream whatever games they want even once they get added. However, I can choose "featured channels" that will always show up on the page if they are online. Based on frequency of play and frequency of playing smash in particular, channels will be ranked here. So in conclusion, everyone on the channel won't always be playing smash, but they are all smash streamers in general, and streaming smash in good quality (both video and play quality) will get you ranked higher and show up on the front page more often! (For example I moved myself down a few notches because I don't have a TV and can only stream Starcraft 2, so if the other guys are streaming at the same time as me, they will show on the page automatically.) This ranking system should be a solid motivator for every streamer!

I can also add up to 10 twitch vods for the frontpage, I have just added some of the best stuff from my stream, but I will include other good vods from other streamers!

If you are holding an event and want to be promoted to the front page for a day, let me know and I will feature you for the length of the tournament! This will make your stream play automatically as soon as someone opens the page!

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Is there a general smash forum?

This is really good for smash in general it seems like the community should know about it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Is there a general smash forum?

This is really good for smash in general it seems like the community should know about it.
fully support, this is a great idea for the entire smash community, not just melee players
It should really be a site announcement, but the admins have something against me and probably won't support something that is really great for the whole community when they could help.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
thanks peef. I really appreciate you getting us in that group

PEEF!

Smash Hero
so any update on having chat?
At the moment, there is no group chat, but twitch is considering such a thing!

thanks peef. I really appreciate you getting us in that group
NP bring some good content!

Still missing some Smash bros 64 streams though...
PM any twitch ones to me.

Also, should I repost in brawl forums or some other forum? (Keep in mind the admins still have me blocked from the livestream forums for no reason with no warning.)

Top Bottom