• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitch.tv Announces Official Smash Bros Page!

Stevo

Smash Champion
Keep in mind that I'm not removing SWF from the page, they were never involved. The paranoia they apparently have about smash mods (we are not allowed promote Project:M streams thru the livestream editor stuff) means that I should probably not involve them with something that will certainly feature Project: M streams.
Sadly, I think I have to agree with this.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
i feel like a jerk streaming stuff that isn't smash related and having it go to the front page of the smash team page. Anyway to turn it off while im not streaming smash?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
i feel like a jerk streaming stuff that isn't smash related and having it go to the front page of the smash team page. Anyway to turn it off while im not streaming smash?
Yeah I'm working on fixing that via better featured streamer ranking stuff.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There are featured streams. And the pages are kindof ranked by popularity, and when multiple ones are online featured streams will be first. If there are no featured streams online then they are ranked by viewer count.
What determines a featured stream? Something you set? Partner accounts? Certain viewership at the time?

Also I don't only stream Smash like GIMR, but it's my most streamed game, just giving people the heads up.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
What determines a featured stream? Something you set? Partner accounts? Certain viewership at the time?

Also I don't only stream Smash like GIMR, but it's my most streamed game, just giving people the heads up.
So here's how it works. If only one person is streaming, they automatically get played. If there is more than one stream online, normally the stream with the highest viewership gets the top spot, 2nd highest gets second, and so on.

However, I can basically "rank" streams to show up in the homepage player automatically whenever they are online via featuring them and ranking them that way. (This ranking is not the order on the left, and is not visible to anyone except me.) Right now, Jcaesar's stream for example is featured because he has been streaming alot of Project:M. So if I were to stream Starcraft 2 as I have been recently and were to have a higher viewership than Jcaesar, Jcaesar would still occupy the homepage player even though he had a smaller viewership. Using this ranking thing I can rank lower those who less often stream smash, and prioritize those who always stream smash. If there is a special event going on then it is easy to bump people up.

jalued

Smash Lord
So here's how it works. If only one person is streaming, they automatically get played. If there is more than one stream online, normally the stream with the highest viewership gets the top spot, 2nd highest gets second, and so on.

However, I can basically "rank" streams to show up in the homepage player automatically whenever they are online via featuring them and ranking them that way. (This ranking is not the order on the left, and is not visible to anyone except me.) Right now, Jcaesar's stream for example is featured because he has been streaming alot of Project:M. So if I were to stream Starcraft 2 as I have been recently and were to have a higher viewership than Jcaesar, Jcaesar would still occupy the homepage player even though he had a smaller viewership. Using this ranking thing I can rank lower those who less often stream smash, and prioritize those who always stream smash. If there is a special event going on then it is easy to bump people up.
sounds like a solid system, I hope this helps to convince more people to stream, and pull in viewers

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR

cool, I'll just let you know when I'm streaming smash

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Madison tournament with Cactuar's ruleset is being streamed right now. Singles are going to be starting soon.

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Check out Melee TV Tonight at 7 pm CST!

We will be streaming Melee at our highest Quality ever tested!

Spyro

Smash Ace
How will you go about adding new streamers to the team smashbros livestreams after no one has been posting here for like 3 months or so?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
How will you go about adding new streamers to the team smashbros livestreams after no one has been posting here for like 3 months or so?
Im subscribed and always check, and most ppl request via PM. I might bump regularly.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Another question about this. With as bad as Wifi lan is these days how will we even keep a good connection or will this be livestreamed?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I want priority to go Melee>Smash>all else.
Is that fair? <3
Thats the way it is, when I can control it. I cant help when a melee streamer decides he wants to play some random game and hogs the front page, but yeah the goal is consistent melee streamers > all else.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
so I'm in the smash group and the Fighting Game Community Group. Any one know how that works?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yo Peef when can you next play? I feel bad because you've been in England for a while now and have hardly played anyone. o.o

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd like to play sometime Jolteon, but school+traveling is dominating atm... If you have something in particular let me know.

Added Juggleguy!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah that's fair enough. If you can make it there's a fest on Sunday, up to 5 tvs+no limit on space. PM me if you want more details.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
And any help given with the stream would be great. We had some issues with my home tests not being as good as my venue tests, but hopefully they'll get figured out by tomorrow.

Top Bottom