• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry guys, I had a busy weekend + school today.

It is true that his case was very weak, but arn't cases like that a good way to get things rolling?

So you just want everyone to contribute why you just sit back and have everyone assume you're not scum? Right.

Unvote Vote Chibo
This post screams scum to me. Sworddancer made a whole 4 posts in this game while he was in it (and didn't act purposely inactive like I did). He still wanted people to think he was active with excuses like at the top of this post. He wanted to continue to be seen as good in the eyes of everyone else. Then he goes onto vote me with very little reasoning.

A vote on me wasn't out of line, it was deserved - but not for the reason Sword did. Bad townie? Sure. Inactive? Sure. Pressure vote to get me to vote? Definitely. Being sure that I'm scum? He has no reason to assume that yet.

Gheb_01 still hasn't posted yet, probably because he thinks he is too good for us.

Heat and Gheb are obv. scum.

Summoner, why did you call for more votes on Heat if that would of put him on L-2?

Also I do not think I'm Scizor. . .
Either this is a RVS post late to the party (doubtful without a vote), also doubtful for having a normal question in there as well. I didn't post yet either and yet he neglected to point that out. He wasn't looking over the game that well and instread simply picked out Gheb to get early suspicion on. He also already placed a random vote down and decided to stick with it, which is certainly questionable.

He also seems to be wary of the whole Heat situation but doesn't take a side. He goes from calling Heat "obv scum" to questioning Summoner about votes on Heat.

Heat right now is my #1 town read in the game (more on that later if people want), so also if I see people against him for such frivolous reasons I'm going to likely suspect them somewhat.

Vote: Xonar

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Another reminder for Vult to answer my question as soon as he's on and back into this game

Here's a copy of the question:

Vult Redux - Serious Question - How did you know the setup was 7 town and 2 scum before Xiivi edited the OP?

No one else answer this please.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Bad townie? Sure. Inactive? Sure
Bad townie how? because of inactivity? I don't think you can blame someone for being inactive and vote him based on (partly) that. He even replaced out for crying out loud.
Being sure that I'm scum? He has no reason to assume that yet.
waitwut

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote me please asap

let me finish talking

The person I suspect as scum isn't even voting me right now -_-
xonar is voting you, and from your recent vote on xonar, i can only assume you meant he was your suspect... so where were you coming from with this angle?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vult Redux - Serious Question - How did you know the setup was 7 town and 2 scum before Xiivi edited the OP?

No one else answer this please.
I read the OP.

Though past posts + this one give me the impression that there was an error that lead people to believe that there could be a third scum, I missed it.

I have limited access and am posting via Wii at the moment, so I may not be able to post again before deadline. I'm okayish/maybeish on Marc's response to my case, but I need to look it over more closely. But that can wait since no one seems interested in lynching him anyway. So.

Chibo lynch is cool with me. Even though I think the points he brings up show signs of genuine scumhunting, there really, really is no reason why she/he could have posted it sooner.

My impression = skated through the entire day with nothing for us to read him on, and only finally posts opinions, reads, other content only when there's not enough time to scrutinize his/her posts and get a read on him before deadline. Scummy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Vult, stop dodging the question.

You read the OP, durr
More specific of an answer. Perhaps where in the OP?

Again, this question is only for Vult

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I just read post 166 and it is amazing.

Interestingly enough, during school yesterday, I tested myself to see how many players in this game I could recall off the top of my head; the only person I couldn't remember is Sworddancer. It's kind of like a lurker test, nyah?

Xonar = Sworddancer, correct?

Vote: Sworddancer

Willing to let Marc go for now.

Sworddancerlurker's more likely to flip scum over Chibolurker.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vult, stop dodging the question.

You read the OP, durr
More specific of an answer. Perhaps where in the OP?

Again, this question is only for Vult
The section with the drop down detailing the Setup/Roles/etc.

You couldn't have assumed that?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well yea, cause it's not in rules or player list lol

Sorry for being so persistent, but what part of the set up drop down?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Okay I see what you're getting at.

It listed Scum roles as 1 Roleblocker, and 0-1 Goon or Decoy. I'm, again, guessing that the reason for confusion was because the post didn't explicitly state there would be only a Goon OR Decoy [and thus three vampires could be possible].

Even though I messed up and didn't catch the error, I still auto-assumed that there would only be two because the game would be imblanced with three.

That's all there is to it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Inconsistency my friend.

Unvote Vote Vult Redux

xonar is voting you, and from your recent vote on xonar, i can only assume you meant he was your suspect... so where were you coming from with this angle?
That's because Xonar was not my top suspect (he's actually my second because of my post 166 but that's besides the point).

Reading the OP very carefully, there's only one tiny part that you could tell there was only 2 scum in the game that I personally found to be very nonchalant, almost hidden in there. In the role PMs for the scum players, it notes specifically that they only have one partner.
What Vult just said where it said 0-1 Goon OR Decoy is wrong. It never said anywhere, nor was that the part that gave away the fact that there were only 2 scum.

I had remembered this back when I read the OP when it first came out, and also asked the mod for clarification to make sure I wasn't mistaken. When I did my last read through I noticed a lot of people thought there could be 3 scum which confused me, so I took a look back at the post (and I viewed the version before Xiivi's edit since I'm an SMod :p) to remind myself where it said it. Only in those role PMs, that's it. And I was betting that people would miss that.

In the midst of everyone wondering if there was 2 or 3, Vult seemed to believe it was 2, and that was that. Didn't really question himself at all or anything, seemed pretty certain of it. Who would know easily that there was only 2 scum? Scum. And he slipped up. I asked him those questions to make sure he didn't catch what I had where it mentioned only 2 scum in the role PMs, which judging by his recent answers, was not the case. He judged it based off of the setup overview, which would lead to a lot of confusion and uncertainty about the # of scum.

How so I make the case even stronger? When I first asked that question he probably got nervous that I was onto him. Look at how many times he dodged around the question, I had to ask it like 3 times to get a specific answer (which turned out to be the wrong answer).

Even better? When I get on his case he singles out my post 166 and said "it is amazing." Was it good? Yes :laugh:, but seriously, seems like he's sucking up a bit now right? He wants to follow me to get me on his good side, likely cause a mislynch (making Xonar somewhat clear in my book now), and most importantly - get me off of him.

Deadlines soon guys, lets nail this one up *pun intended - ya know, cause of vampires and stuff

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reading the OP very carefully, there's only one tiny part that you could tell there was only 2 scum in the game that I personally found to be very nonchalant, almost hidden in there. In the role PMs for the scum players, it notes specifically that they only have one partner.
What Vult just said where it said 0-1 Goon OR Decoy is wrong. It never said anywhere, nor was that the part that gave away the fact that there were only 2 scum.
i see what you're saying, but just fyi along for everyone else:

7 Town with the possibilities:
5-7 Transylvanian [Determined Randomly]
0-2 Twilight Prince [Determined Randomly]
2 Vampires with the possibilities:
0-1 Vampire Goon [Determined Randomly]
0-1 Vampire Decoy [Determined Randomly]
1 Vampire Roleblocker

under set-up drop-down.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Those two lines in italics werent in the OP when Vult was talking about there only being 2 scum which I was referring to. Those were edited in later.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Tell us who the play is already.
not to mislead you ghebo but you know my vote is on the basis that heat could be scum, right? It's a lynch that comes with information, it's not the other way like you're assuming:- it's why it is the most logical lynch for myself right now. To be crystal clear... people I think are suspect are:

[Heat/Marc/You/Summoner]
...in order of significance.

then Vult btw

Lurkers can go whenever I don't care - imo Chibo's reported a lot since his return and ignited discussion so I don't think he should be the play today.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'll start with responding to Mayling, who I consciously allowed plenty of time to do better before I called her out on low/scummy activity. The immediate response was a wall of text and a case against me. I guess I can buy into computer johns, but it all seems quite convenient.

Something I noticed about Marc is that he makes a lot of excuses for everyone else, which I take to be a small case of buddying. He attempted to make the excuse for HS in that "Maybe she's just a new/bad player." He made excuses for Chibo's inactivity by remarking about his other games in which he is inactive.

First off, people can explain themselves. It'll help town in the long end by allowing us to look at their actions and words. Second off, making unneccessary connections like this is no good.
HS is a she? What the **** is wrong with Decisive Games.

It's stupid to only look at data that supports your theories and sets you up for the well-known tunnel vision. I make "excuses" for other players because I don't want to lynch innocent players. This has nothing to do with buddying, it's just me thinking out loud and bringing up points why someone might not be scum. I ended up pressuring both anyway. I don't see how someone's inactivity in general is an unnecessary connection to point out, especially when someone is clearly not around to defend themselves. If someone is posting in one game and not in the next, that stands out way more than consistent levels of activity. Your issue with this really makes me question your approach.

Here Marc votes Chibo with the hint of "start posting." Chibo doesn't start posting, but despite this, Marc drops his vote on him fairly quickly... even saying he will more it to HS "if nothing better comes along."
No point in pressuring someone who really wasn't there. At some point I had to move on to other people. That turned out to be a good decision, because with Chibo's recent responses I won't vote for him anymore. I guess I did go a little easy on him because I've seen him play before and know he can actually do stuff if he plays, but on the other hand I've been very vocal about him being a lynch candidate. Part of that was seeing what the responses would be like and it'll probably prove useful down the road.

You only drop your vote on Chibo to place your vote on me. Which is interesting, because in a sense I can agree you have legit reasoning... but if you really compare Chibo and mine posts... who is REALLY the scummier one?
What kind of a defense is this? o_O Bad vibes. D:

I'm actually still quite content with where my vote is at, although I like Chibo's cases against Vult and Xonar. We've seen very little from the latter though, so maybe we should give him more time to catch up and defend himself.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
not to mislead you ghebo but you know my vote is on the basis that heat could be scum, right? It's a lynch that comes with information, it's not the other way like you're assuming:- it's why it is the most logical lynch for myself right now. To be crystal clear... people I think are suspect are.
Why is heat suspect?

That's because Xonar was not my top suspect (he's actually my second because of my post 166 but that's besides the point).
So you say Vult was your top suspect but you still went after Xonardancer first because ...?

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ok I'm somewhat fine with Chibo now.
Unvote
Marc where is Chibo's case on me I don't see it man. I also don't like Vult's reason to vote me, Dancer was inactive and he replaced out, now I'm in the game. If he were lurking, he wouldn't have replaced out.
Not liking Vult, but it's more vibes.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gheb, why is it you are always there for HS? It's like you're a knight in scummy armour.

HeatSTroke or Gheb please guys :)

too tired to go into the details of people's posts of the last day or so right now, I'll look at them sometime in the near future.

get@me Gheb.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So you want to lynch me because I think HS is town and I want to know why people think he's scum.

Is that it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So you say Vult was your top suspect but you still went after Xonardancer first because ...?

Xonar was probably my 2nd biggest suspect, and I couldn't reveal my case on Vult yet until he answered that question.

Guys it's almost deadline

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 7:
ChiboSempai: Gheb_01 (:041:)
Gheb_01: (0)
HeatStroke: SummonerAU, Kataefi (:041: :041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: Marc (:041:)
Marc: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: Vult Redux (:041:)
Vult Redux: ChiboSempai (:041:)
Not Voting: HeatStroke, Xonar (:041: :041:)

Deadline is in ~12 hours.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Eh, this isn't gonna work. I'll change my vote if this keeps up to at least put one more Townie towards a consensus, but I really don't like Mayling's defense.

Purple

Hi guys!
*cracks knuckles*

Alright guys, i've held out on this thread for far too long, it's time for a hardcore re-read of everyone I find I need to read, eventually all of you will be read.

To make you guys feel extra special, you all get your own song that I'm listening to as i read you!

Mayling

So we start off with an RVS stage.

vote kataefi

kill him before he tunnels me - No problem here, just sounds like a grudge from a previous game.
I jokingly ask Mayling to vote for me, which she doesn't do. Her vote seems very safe on Kaetfiblarghleblarghle for the time being.

Vult asks Mayling did she have anything she wanted to comment on after a page of Heatstroke dramatic action. She has nothing, not even the newly found scumminess in my posts.

Mayling continues to have nothing to post only answering the questions given to her as quickly and lightly as possible as you can see here.

Scum hunt. - answer to my question

It's a null-tell. People of both alignments do it, and it depends on a particular person's play-style if they'll read the setup or not. - answer to Vult's question
She doesn't seem to want to go into any more detail other than this, she also continues to post some fluff

Summoner plays a "I just don't kooooow" scum.

/meta
(not in that order)

marc, i asked hs how many games they played. this is one of the reasons i asked. no newbie/badplayer johns later. - actually if you want to get serious about asking me that question you didn't go into much detail with it. If you did you would know that I'm in those four games still, two of them are quite new, one of them we're in end-game, and the other being this one. Long story short, you asked the question so you could be covering your *** when you possibly decide to barrage me.
your second line is interesting."mafia to stand out this much on d1" so you admit yourself they are appearing very scummy. - sounds like you're twisting his words here.
why would we let them live just to create a wifom situation later?- more detail into the twist
So from what i see here, Mayling has a bit of pressure on me, and from how Mayling is talking to Marc, she (he) is feeling me out as a potential scum suspect. Oh dear :urg:

also, i forgot to mention

oh gosh scumscumcum
This is Mayling's comment on Chibo saying he will be back later with more information, i'm not sure if this could be considered fluff or perhaps she's being serious about him being scum. I'm going to go with the former instead of the latter.

crap i was just about to do a reread and make a big post, but now it'll look like i'm scared of you - if your information is valid, it shoudn't really matter if someone has voted you or not. Perhaps she pointed this out to show more emotion on the subject. She probably should have just been posting things of significance in the first place, but i digress into her next post of almighty power

Here we go guys, here comes the great almighty post of Mayling.

Crap! Two days?! Sorry guys! Didn't realize! -Great way to start the message Mayling. I'm feeling good about you already.

There's a reason why I only posted one-liners, and it's sort of a bad excuse, man you are beasting some scumhunting right now **the rest of this is her elaborate excuse of how she couldn't post anything of significance.

I'm back now, did a reread, and will focus mainly on Marc. Upon my re-read, i felt she had more suspicion based on me, considering the fact she was asking me questions, commenting on my behavior, or talking to vult. However let's look at what she has for Marc. :)

In my opinion, our lynchpool of toDay should consist of Marc and Chibo.Good **** I guess. Pressure someone who generally isn't talking, and someone you've had little to no conversation with.
Chibo is easy. He hasn't said anything, hasn't contributed anything, and whereas someone may say I'm a hungry hypocrite for saying this, I at least was questioning people a little. You are a hypocrite for this, while chibo has not posted anything of significance, your posts were mostly related to people who aren't even either of your FoS's. We could say you posted just as little.
I'll begin with my thoughts of early D1. Summoner, the self-vote on HS was obvjoke. No it didn't help us get out of RVS, but she did say that she didn't like RVS, is used to a different type of style of mafia, and the self vote didn't last long, especially given that she didn't realize she was at L-2. It is a null-tell when it comes to trying to figure out her alignment from her self-vote, so I suggest you look at her actions in a broaden sense to determine her alignment if you still find her suspicious. You'll convince no one to lynch her with that reasoning. While i appreciate the defense, this comment has actually nothing to do with Marc.

I do have a question for you, HS. Why didn't you read the setup before beginning the game? Where's marc.

Vult, this was weird to me. I would like you to expand more on your intentions when you asked me this. Where's Marc?!? :mad:

Summoner, in my personal experience, the best way to find out how people play and act is to be their scum partner. I was Jungle's scum partner in Miller's, and I found him really quickly in Down n Drrty. So any insight you give us on Chibo I will definitely take with more value than anyone else has to say. Here, I like what you say about him. While it can help in a situation where Summoner is town, you are town and Chibo is mafia, this is great advice, however you can't be seriously trusting Summoner with that type of power already can you?

Moving onto the case against Marc.

Hello Marc.

Something I noticed about Marc is that he makes a lot of excuses for everyone else, which I take to be a small case of buddying. He attempted to make the excuse for HS in that "Maybe she's just a new/bad player." He made excuses for Chibo's inactivity by remarking about his other games in which he is inactive. Didn't you just defend me earlier giving 'excuses' as to why my joke shouldn't be considered bad? That brought a connection between you and me, please don't be contradictory here. Not in front of the children :urg:
First off, people can explain themselves. It'll help town in the long end by allowing us to look at their actions and words.I was clearly protecting myself from summoner and others, however you added your remark regardless of that. Perhaps trying to reach your arm out and make yourself look town?

Here Marc votes Chibo with the hint of "start posting." Chibo doesn't start posting, but despite this, Marc drops his vote on him fairly quickly... even saying he will more it to HS "if nothing better comes along." Good point noted.

You only drop your vote on Chibo to place your vote on me. Which is interesting, because in a sense I can agree you have legit reasoning... Hold up a minute, he has legit reasoning however you still want to contest him? This lady (man) right chyerr. You should be busy asking questions why he's voting you and getting more info on that instead of pressing it back to Chibo.
but if you really compare Chibo and mine posts... who is REALLY the scummier one? Scum to Scum? I don't think it matters either way. You can't say a person is scummy for switching from one potential scum to another potential scum. Sounds like you're fishing for scraps.
My question is... why aren't you pressuring Chibo more if you feel he's inactive? Yet you only vaguely mention him, voted him once, and were quick to drop him, and said you'd be willing to hop onto a bandwagon of a player you didn't really find suspicious.

You continue to not pressure him by dropping your vote and placing it on ME.While not trying to defend here, my only logic is that there is nothing on Chibo, which is bad, you are actually here and still not making an effort to help town, which is just as bad.
wat

kat, r u srs

you're smarter than that...Why are you bugged about a vote that hasn't have to do with you? Why are you suddenly protecting me so much? You faking connections here?
ok I gotcha, but I think marc/chibo would be better.Cool beans, with Chibo's new posts you should check his reasonings more.
After her large posts, she goes back to posting one-liners and generally not helping, besides for some back and forth conversation with Chibo.

I've only done a full read on Maylin though, hopefully by the end of the day I will have reads on everyone, or at least all of my FoS's. Then I will have a vote.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually if you want to get serious about asking me that question you didn't go into much detail with it. If you did you would know that I'm in those four games still, two of them are quite new, one of them we're in end-game, and the other being this one. Long story short, you asked the question so you could be covering your *** when you possibly decide to barrage me.
if you thought this valid info you should have offered it yourself. it wasn't hard to realize why i was asking that question. to gauge your newness since i've never played a game with you before.

So from what i see here, Mayling has a bit of pressure on me, and from how Mayling is talking to Marc, she (he) is feeling me out as a potential scum suspect. Oh dear
this comes across to me as you saying "oh mayling was pressuring me, feeling me as a potential scum suspect." which 1) isn't true and 2) why not? of course as townie I'm going to suspect everyone and queestion everyone I can. it's not true, anyway, i was just not allowing the excuse of "bad/new player" to be brought into the argument

Upon my re-read, i felt she had more suspicion based on me, considering the fact she was asking me questions, commenting on my behavior, or talking to vult. However let's look at what she has for Marc.
i never had suspicion on you. asking question =/= suspect. i was clearing things up. i seriously can't see where you thought i suspected you. if anything, when I was talking to marc, it was also a questioning of what he was saying. you see that, certainly, don't you?

also, when people do re-reads, they are sure to see things in a new light. to suggest otherwise is to advocate tunneling which is bad for town.

Hold up a minute, he has legit reasoning however you still want to contest him? This lady (man) right chyerr. You should be busy asking questions why he's voting you and getting more info on that instead of pressing it back to Chibo.
believe it or not, scum is going to have legit reasoning for doing what they do. you can't just point to that sentence and say it doesn't make sense, when there was more behind the comment than what you remark on.

1) scum will have legit reasoning. it's true! otherwise this game wouldn't be challenging.
2) the reason why I found it scummy, is Marc DIDN'T PRESSURE CHIBO. he only placed a vote on him, to NOT PRESSURE HIM, to move it onto me, the most readily "easiest lurker" to attack.

Good **** I guess. Pressure someone who generally isn't talking, and someone you've had little to no conversation with.
I read this as sarcasm. if it wasn't, disregard this portion.

are you really critisizing me for pressuring someone who HASN'T BEEN HERE D1? and yes, i personally believe there is a difference in chibo and me. summoner has already contested that chibo's actions of waiting to post is a scum-tell of chibo's. furthermore, chibo openly admitted he was coasting by only to dump a crapload of information on us at day's end.

as for marc goes, you act like there's no fathomable way i could get a read on him if i do not personally interact with him. i can still read his interactions with the rest of you,and i did question him early d1.

While not trying to defend here, my only logic is that there is nothing on Chibo, which is bad, you are actually here and still not making an effort to help town, which is just as bad.
this point on chibo is wrong. he said himself he was chillaxing and waiting to post.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, i forgot a part. i knew i did.

when you're all like "wheres marc? this isn't about marc!"

i said that our lynchpool should consist of marc/chibo. i never said my post was onlygoing to be about them.

i was questioning and feeling the waters for others while presenting my case on marc/chibo.

the fact that you had to point that out and try to make it look scummy looks really reaching and bad to me.

Purple

Hi guys!
The thing about pressuring someone who isn't here is 'to me' it doesn't do much. Your pressure on him is based off of nothing that's scummy. While I do think being inactive is anti-town. I also think that there isn't much you can do to counter against it.

There's a difference between chlilaxing and waiting to post, and

I'm reading a lot and observing.
However, Chibo's 'scum-tell' as said by SummonerAU, isn't something you should base off of in my opinion. I mean look at the vote count, If it was truly a scum tell that summoner believes, why isn't he voting upon it?

Summoner could (potentially) not be town, and with that scum-tell that he's not willing to vote into he could be leading us in the wrong direction.

I think i'll read him next.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Mayling didn't respond to my last post... at all. The pressure must be building up because she did throw a vote my way and is now frantically responding to HS.

I probably can't get online before the deadline anymore. My vote stays where it is, because Mayling's response to the pressure has been downright terrible. She was quite the non-factor before I attacked her and is only now taking strong stances. Most of the case against HS was based on RVS, Chibo is posting and Xonar just replaced in, meaning I don't see a better lynch candidate. I'm also starting to question Summoner and Kataefi for not changing their stance despite a ****load of recent developments. Some more reasoning would be nice at the very least.

Top Bottom