• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Vult, you really need to read my last post. Everything I have to say about HS is in there, although you seem to twist my words. Yes, I do think it's more likely he's a bad/new player. Yes, I wouldn't mind him dying. He has dominated discussion all day, doesn't seem to be a great asset and of course I'm not 100% sure about his alignment either. But...

Someone not being here is enough of a reason to vote. Grammys 2 was lost because of an inactive player who posted just barely enough to not get modkilled. Right now Chibo is a completely unknown factor who ****s all over the game by not giving us anything. I'd much rather vote out the inactive while we still have the chance than vote for someone who I honestly don't think is that scummy. I said I would vote HS with no better options, voting out an inactive is a better option. That's more proactive behaviour than most other players have displayed. Do you think you can choose between Chibo and another player on the final Day and make the right choice if he pulls a KevinM and keeps this level of activity up?

I said to broaden your gaze, not to start bandwagons for the sake of starting them. I've never been overly focused on HS, at least not in my reading of the game. You're looking for contradictions where there are none.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
you believe that anyone who self votes in RVS shouldn't even be noticed over any other random vote, is this correct?
Except that you didn't just "notice" it.

I'm currently above Chibo on your list right now I take it?
It's 50/50 at this point. Both of you can die but since deadline's tomorrow we might as well just lynch Chibo.

:059:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm sort of V/LA right now in all games as it's deadline week over here - I've pm'd xiivi.

So marc you seem more passive defensive than actively scumhunting imo - curiously is anyone actually standing out as scum today in your eyes?, and is chibo a safe lynch? What are your opinions on the players around heat - gheb/summoner/vult all seem to be discussing issues that trace back to heat's actions on the first page, particularly the first 2 - do you think their issues lead to the whereabouts of scum or are these possible TvT scenarios?

Vult you're implying a heat/marc connection there - is heat scummy? and do you think your logic can be applied to other players that have had direct/indirect tie-ins with heat this Day?

Chibo - If you do post I think we're deserving of something substantial - give us your thoughts currently on D1 considering you haven't actually contributed anything =(

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
No strong suspicions regarding Summoner/Gheb/Vult yet. Gheb would do well to post more, but all three of them have an offensive playing style.

Vote: Mayling

Non-committal oneliners and meta is all I've seen of her all game.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 5:
ChiboSempai: Xonar Sworddancer., HeatStroke (:041: :041:)
Gheb_01: (0)
HeatStroke: SummonerAU (:041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: Marc (:041:)
Marc: Vult Redux (:041:)
SummonerAU: Gheb_01 (:041:)
Xonar Sworddancer.: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai, Kataefi (:041: :041:)

Xonar replaces Sworddancer..

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
No strong suspicions regarding Summoner/Gheb/Vult yet. Gheb would do well to post more, but all three of them have an offensive playing style.

crap i was just about to do a reread and make a big post, but now it'll look like i'm scared of you

i ain't scared of you!! :mad:

posting incoming! :mad:

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kissed a girl... and I LIKED it.

Chibo can die because we have 2 days left and he hasn't done **** all game. That is scummy enough, even in such a small game.
Crap! Two days?! Sorry guys! Didn't realize!
There's a reason why I only posted one-liners, and it's sort of a bad excuse. I lost my charger to my laptop, and I had to borrow Delvro's/Greg's and his keyboard is CRAP. It's like TORTURE trying to type on that thing... anyway, I'm back now, did a reread, and will focus mainly on Marc.

In my opinion, our lynchpool of toDay should consist of Marc and Chibo.

Chibo is easy. He hasn't said anything, hasn't contributed anything, and whereas someone may say I'm a hungry hypocrite for saying this, I at least was questioning people a little.

I'll begin with my thoughts of early D1. Summoner, the self-vote on HS was obvjoke. No it didn't help us get out of RVS, but she did say that she didn't like RVS, is used to a different type of style of mafia, and the self vote didn't last long, especially given that she didn't realize she was at L-2. It is a null-tell when it comes to trying to figure out her alignment from her self-vote, so I suggest you look at her actions in a broaden sense to determine her alignment if you still find her suspicious. You'll convince no one to lynch her with that reasoning.

Apologies, i'm used to closed set-ups

regardless, this just proves my point more.
I do have a question for you, HS. Why didn't you read the setup before beginning the game?

And to see if you would try to put suspicion on people who didn't. But I didn't expect you to regardless of alignment. So.
Vult, this was weird to me. I would like you to expand more on your intentions when you asked me this.

Chibo, that's interesting. So like, similar to what you did in Disney mafia when you were scum (D1) where you didn't say much at first and then did several big posts towards the end of the day, essentially securing your position D1? Don't you find them similar? Why can't you get good reads on people and not say anything at the same time?
Summoner, in my personal experience, the best way to find out how people play and act is to be their scum partner. I was Jungle's scum partner in Miller's, and I found him really quickly in Down n Drrty. So any insight you give us on Chibo I will definitely take with more value than anyone else has to say. Here, I like what you say about him.

Moving onto the case against Marc.

Hello Marc.

Something I noticed about Marc is that he makes a lot of excuses for everyone else, which I take to be a small case of buddying. He attempted to make the excuse for HS in that "Maybe she's just a new/bad player." He made excuses for Chibo's inactivity by remarking about his other games in which he is inactive.

First off, people can explain themselves. It'll help town in the long end by allowing us to look at their actions and words. Second off, making unneccessary connections like this is no good.

Vote: Chibo

Start posting..
Here Marc votes Chibo with the hint of "start posting." Chibo doesn't start posting, but despite this, Marc drops his vote on him fairly quickly... even saying he will more it to HS "if nothing better comes along."

Hi I'm in this game.
Chibo's response to Marc's vote. Yet, Marc says nothing about this... doesn't pressure Chibo more. Doesn't ask Chibo questions. Doesn't do anything.

For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player? For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare. Not really feeling his lynch to be honest. Let's at least focus on other players as well, although it's kind of hard considering everything was about HS so far. I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.
As I mentioned before, this is Marc saying he will vote HS should nothing better comes up.

Right now Chibo is a completely unknown factor who ****s all over the game by not giving us anything. I'd much rather vote out the inactive while we still have the chance than vote for someone who I honestly don't think is that scummy. I said I would vote HS with no better options, voting out an inactive is a better option. That's more proactive behaviour than most other players have displayed. Do you think you can choose between Chibo and another player on the final Day and make the right choice if he pulls a KevinM and keeps this level of activity up?
Marc, I can see where you're coming from with this line of thought, but why didn't you mention this earlier, when you said you'd vote for HS should no better options come along? You could have said "Yanno guys, Chibo is a much better option than HS." But you DIDN'T. Even after Chibo's post of "Hi I'm in this game." nothing sparked you to comment on Chibo until you came under flame for what you said about HS.

You only drop your vote on Chibo to place your vote on me. Which is interesting, because in a sense I can agree you have legit reasoning... but if you really compare Chibo and mine posts... who is REALLY the scummier one?

My question is... why aren't you pressuring Chibo more if you feel he's inactive? Yet you only vaguely mention him, voted him once, and were quick to drop him, and said you'd be willing to hop onto a bandwagon of a player you didn't really find suspicious.

You continue to not pressure him by dropping your vote and placing it on ME.

So I'm good to go Marc/Chibo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pages 1 through 3, continuing on but I just wanted to get this part out since i had it typed.

Vote me, i don't believe in RVS :(
For some reason I don't like this post...

Why didn't you random vote?
Layin' on some pressure?

Go Go Go! We have enough mislynches right?!

unvote
vote: Heatstroke
What are you doing!?!?!?

Holy **** i'm seriously at l-2 already

unvote
No kiddin...

Gheb_01 still hasn't posted yet, probably because he thinks he is too good for us.

Heat and Gheb are obv. scum.[/SIZE]
Nor did I

And that's a serious question, give me one role that needs to die to win. Obviously you would say Jester. Now why would Jester want you to know he's Jester? WIFOM? Would Jester even be in such a small setup? Think about that for a moment, so unlikely it's almost funny.

To answer your question in a serious manner, i voted myself for humor, to make you voting for me seem light and humorous, after all we've only been in the RVS phase for about 25 posts, hell, some people haven't even posted that are in this setup. Why does me including myself in the random voting stage seem like something horribly extreme to you?
Putting yourself at L-2 is hardly a random action.

No need to be talking about Jesters, there is not one in this game.

Why? To see who would and to how HeatStroke reacted to being at L-2. I don't want to be in RVS any longer than we have to.

Self voting doesn't help anyone, if you RV at least you might accidentally vote a scum and they might do soemthing silly (note I say might), self voting doesn't help anyone at all. If anything, it's anti town if you're town because you're voting someone you know is confirmed town (assuming you are town). If you're scum, it's also a "WHY WOULD SCUM SELF VOTE XDXDXD" situation.

tl;dr very very bad joke (if it was a joke)
Quality post.

Noooooooo, I wanted to quicklynch you :(

Vote Chibo

Let's quicklynch him while he's @Mlg!

I wasn't at MLG

hey summoner.

chill.

the only time these votes would even be effective is if we found scum mid-game, and we saw that he linked himself with someone else during RVS. I would go as far as to say town's vote are as random as can get, and generally don't get us anywhere. You're the only one who noted L-2

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pages 4 and 5

Dear Marc,

Why haven't you voted HeatStroke?

Dear Mayling,

Give us content pleeeeease.

Dear Gheb,

Whom do YOU find suspicious?
Why should Marc vote HeatStroke?

Optimally speaking, we have three mafia and 6 townies, none of which can kill more than once.

With this known, what would be the best option for town in your opinion (everyone)
Really? Read the setup.

Best option as in.... Something besides scumhunt?

Sorry, Gheb.

@ Mayling: Is not reading the setup a Town or Scum tell?
It's a ******** tell.

In seriousness though it's a tell based on what part of the setup they mess up on.

It's a null-tell. People of both alignments do it, and it depends on a particular person's play-style if they'll read the setup or not.
It's a PLAY STYLE to READ THE SETUP OR NOT!? What is this, I don't even...

hi vult!: can you elaborate on what you meant by 'finally'? This reads as if you expected summoner to get serious at the moment of a self-vote.

@heat:- well it's difficult to think just optimally like that. I'd need to be in the game, looking at people's posts, and identifying who the scummies were from there.
I very much doubt there will be 3 scum and 6 town, 2 and 7 would be much more likely (3 v 6 will be straight into lylo if there's a mislynch day one). Why is 3 v 6 optimal?

Gheb, more irritated than suspicious, I don't like self voting unless there's a very good reason. That's not to say that I don't find it suspicious, it's just more a thing to use in conjunction with other things more than something to use by itself.
One, read the setup you n00b

Two, really not liking your answer to Gheb's question.

killing other people for no reason is fine

but killing yourself for no reason?

That's just crazy.

It just seems stupid to bring up.

I understand it doesn't help town.

But does it even help mafia?

Think about it.
Stop dwelling on your ridiculous actions and don't add WIFOM ontop of it.

No one said killing others for no reason is good at all.

Oh, i'm talking you going buckwild over me self voting.

anyways, I generally see those setups all the time on Epic Mafia, 3 v 6 is quite winnable.
What you did certainly isn't standard, can't blame Summoner for acting in such a way.

7v2 feels much better
I don't like this post.

How would town lynching self help town.
How would mafia lynching self help mafia.
I suggest you don't talk. At all.

Vote: Chibo

Start posting.

The previous game we were both in. T_T

HeatStroke's comment about 6 vs 3 stands out.
You're not posting much either yourself. Taking the easy way out of things it seems.

Lynch Chibo

Noted.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't like Chibo's latest posts + his inactivity, I think I don't have to justify myself for wanting to lynch an inactive as I've been at that before. I think Grammy's AND Nothing Special lost to inactive(s), so yeah, fine with Chibo. Mayling's case on Marc is on the spot, and I wouldn't mind him dead, but would really prefer Chibo.

...and will you look at that, my vote is already on Chibo.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Gheb - i'm considering heatstroke as the play. D1 has predominantly circled around this player - I want the connections between heat and other players (namely summoner, yourself, marc, vult) broken down.

A lot of this discussion has stemmed from, what seems to be, a joke vote, which implies one of the connections between heat and said players above may be artificial.

that said, vote: heat

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Gheb - i'm considering heatstroke as the play. D1 has predominantly circled around this player - I want the connections between heat and other players (namely summoner, yourself, marc, vult) broken down.

A lot of this discussion has stemmed from, what seems to be, a joke vote, which implies one of the connections between heat and said players above may be artificial.

that said, vote: heat
wat

kat, r u srs

you're smarter than that...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
oh dear crashboards...

also maaaylingo I don't think I can explain it any better! ? I just feel heat is in a circle of players who have either accused her, used her to accuse other players, or using the excuse of newbie play etc etc... it all seems too easy so i'm most interested in heat's flip to assess why people 'connected' with her the way they did, like why summoner was quick to accuse, why gheb's accusing the accusor, why marc's stances are quite shaky regarding her wagon to begin with etc...

seems like the most logical lynch to me right now, heat or a non-entity for the arrest this day!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't like Chibo's latest posts + his inactivity, I think I don't have to justify myself for wanting to lynch an inactive as I've been at that before. I think Grammy's AND Nothing Special lost to inactive(s), so yeah, fine with Chibo. Mayling's case on Marc is on the spot, and I wouldn't mind him dead, but would really prefer Chibo.

...and will you look at that, my vote is already on Chibo.
I really dislike his latest posts as well.
Do you guys mind saying what you dislike about it?

Purple

Hi guys!
it doesn't make sense to me you wanna lynch HS
my lynch is pretty legit. Not even trolling, there are a lot of people who straight up pressured me, some of just laid their vote on me, some who defended, etc. There are so many connections, my general usefulness will come from infact, my death by lynch (flip)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Vult Redux - Serious Question - How did you know the setup was 7 town and 2 scum before Xiivi edited the OP?

No one else answer this please.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're pretty much going through post by post, picking every post apart, putting suspicion on anywhere you can find it, even if it's for lousy reasons.

Why couldn't you have done this earlier... like when we were actually having the actual discussion?

It doesn't seem like you were doing a reread. it seemed like you were doing it for the first time.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh dear crashboards...

also maaaylingo I don't think I can explain it any better! ? I just feel heat is in a circle of players who have either accused her, used her to accuse other players, or using the excuse of newbie play etc etc... it all seems too easy so i'm most interested in heat's flip to assess why people 'connected' with her the way they did, like why summoner was quick to accuse, why gheb's accusing the accusor, why marc's stances are quite shaky regarding her wagon to begin with etc...

seems like the most logical lynch to me right now, heat or a non-entity for the arrest this day!
ok I gotcha, but I think marc/chibo would be better.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pages 6 (or w/e I was at) to 7

Vote: HeatStroke - SERiOUS VOTE.
Noted.

Why is Summoner's overeagerness so unsettling?

Whyyyy?
How do you go from 3 posts about Heat to Summoner again without Summoner posting in the middle of that?

To get people to read the setup. p:

And to see if you would try to put suspicion on people who didn't. But I didn't expect you to regardless of alignment. So.

People were all "oh gee, what if 3 vampires?" when there can't be three vampires and a 3:6 game is completely broken, so it's silly to ponder over to begin with...

ANYWAY, HeatStroke is scummy. t/f?
More on this post later.

For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player? For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare. Not really feeling his lynch to be honest. Let's at least focus on other players as well, although it's kind of hard considering everything was about HS so far. I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.
I like how you're vocally against the lynch of Heat

Chibo, that's interesting. So like, similar to what you did in Disney mafia when you were scum (D1) where you didn't say much at first and then did several big posts towards the end of the day, essentially securing your position D1? Don't you find them similar? Why can't you get good reads on people and not say anything at the same time?
I wouldn't really call it that much like Disney Pop Stars, though I can see the similarities. I was posting somewhat normally in that game, just not as frequent as I had hoped since it caught me at a bad time when organizing a lot of tourneys and such. I had tried to keep up with that game and was posting, but my posts were quite haphazard and all over the place, I also couldn't keep up with the game too much. This on the other hand is different. I was keeping up with the game, and ready to post when needed. I'll delve more on it later.

Very well.

Unvote; Vote: Marc
A reasoning for this vote would be very helpful.

Also, I'm completely down with a Chibo lynch if he/she/it insists on their whatever-it-is and doesn't tell me why he/she/it can't be active at the same time.
It's a he :)

also marc just to clarify in Grammys2 you voted KeeKee D1 for what I bolded, saying it was the 'worst possible reason' to vote someone - any chance you can elaborate as to why you're doing this now?,...or are these circumstances different?
Very interesting. I'm not in Grammys 2, so if you can keep this point of yours in mind and keep track of it that would be much appreciated.

oh gosh scumscumcum
Pressure, or did you actually find yourself a scumtell there?

Unvote Vote Chibo

Him, Sworddancer or Summoner toDay.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you were voting me because I hadn't been posting. At this time in the game (or now), do you have any scumtells on anyone?

So you just want everyone to contribute why you just sit back and have everyone assume you're not scum? Right.

Unvote Vote Chibo
Thhhhiiisss Guuuuyyyyyy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You're pretty much going through post by post, picking every post apart, putting suspicion on anywhere you can find it, even if it's for lousy reasons.
Scumhunting is bad? I shouldn't analyze posts?

Got something to hide?

If you have a problem with something I said by all means quote it and ask away.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why couldn't you have done this earlier... like when we were actually having the actual discussion?

It doesn't seem like you were doing a reread. it seemed like you were doing it for the first time.
Chibo, you cut out the explanation part of my post. Here it is for everyone to reread.

Nice try. Try again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I wasn't replying to that part. I was replying to where you said I was trying to put suspicion wherever I could.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know. And I'm saying it's scummy/suspicious because why couldn't you have done it earlier... along with the rest of us?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
To each his own I suppose, right?

I also found that not posting early on helps lessen the influence my posts would have given to people so I can read with a less bias approach to the game and scumhunt better.

Also I've read the whole game already, what I'm going through now post by post with comments is so you guys can know my thought process and to more clearly demonstrate my case when it's complete.

I really want Vult Redux to answer that question, like for realz.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

I seriously don't like this. Not because I think HS is town but because I still think you'd know better than to lynch somebody based on that reasoning. I don't see how you're going to conclude anything in the event he flips town.

Going for the "information" lynch is almost always a.) done by scum or b.) leading nowhere but stupid in either case. Just lynch players who are suspect, which is something you still have to say anything particular about and time's short toDay. Definitely will bring this subject up toMorrow if you don't respond for the rest of toDay.

Tell us who the play is already.

Unvote Vote Chibo

L-1

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unvote me please asap

let me finish talking

The person I suspect as scum isn't even voting me right now -_-

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 6:
ChiboSempai: Xonar, HeatStroke, Gheb_01 (:041: :041: :041:)
Gheb_01: (0)
HeatStroke: SummonerAU, Kataefi (:041: :041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: Marc (:041:)
Marc: Vult Redux (:041:)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai (:041:)

Top Bottom