• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I didn't randomly vote because I usually don't really partake in RVS. I also simply opened the thread and went to bed.

Summoner, have you gotten serious again because of Grammys 2 or ARE YOU SCUM!?

Purple

Hi guys!
Why? To see who would and to how HeatStroke reacted to being at L-2. I don't want to be in RVS any longer than we have to.

Self voting doesn't help anyone, if you RV at least you might accidentally vote a scum and they might do soemthing silly (note I say might), self voting doesn't help anyone at all. If anything, it's anti town if you're town because you're voting someone you know is confirmed town (assuming you are town). If you're scum, it's also a "WHY WOULD SCUM SELF VOTE XDXDXD" situation.

tl;dr very very bad joke (if it was a joke)

hey summoner.

chill.

the only time these votes would even be effective is if we found scum mid-game, and we saw that he linked himself with someone else during RVS. I would go as far as to say town's vote are as random as can get, and generally don't get us anywhere. You're the only one who noted L-2

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 2:
ChiboSempai: Gheb_01 (:041:)
Gheb_01: Sworddancer. (:041:)
HeatStroke: Kataefi, SummonerAU (:041: :041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: (0)
Marc: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai, HeatStroke, Marc, Vult Redux (:041: :041: :041: :041:)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Why? To see who would and to how HeatStroke reacted to being at L-2. I don't want to be in RVS any longer than we have to.

Self voting doesn't help anyone, if you RV at least you might accidentally vote a scum and they might do soemthing silly (note I say might), self voting doesn't help anyone at all. If anything, it's anti town if you're town because you're voting someone you know is confirmed town (assuming you are town). If you're scum, it's also a "WHY WOULD SCUM SELF VOTE XDXDXD" situation.

tl;dr very very bad joke (if it was a joke)
Hmmmm. Okay. I guess.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Dear Marc,

Why haven't you voted HeatStroke?

Dear Mayling,

Give us content pleeeeease.

Dear Gheb,

Whom do YOU find suspicious?

Purple

Hi guys!
Optimally speaking, we have three mafia and 6 townies, none of which can kill more than once.

With this known, what would be the best option for town in your opinion (everyone)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Optimally speaking, we have three mafia and 6 townies, none of which can kill more than once.

With this known, what would be the best option for town in your opinion (everyone)
Scum hunt.

Sorry, Gheb.

@ Mayling: Is not reading the setup a Town or Scum tell?
It's a null-tell. People of both alignments do it, and it depends on a particular person's play-style if they'll read the setup or not.

Purple

Hi guys!
Alrighty

Vult - Is anything point out odd to you?

I personally find summoner's overeagerness to start killing pretty unsettling.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
hi vult!:
You finally got really serious at the moment of a self-vote!
can you elaborate on what you meant by 'finally'? This reads as if you expected summoner to get serious at the moment of a self-vote.

@heat:- well it's difficult to think just optimally like that. I'd need to be in the game, looking at people's posts, and identifying who the scummies were from there.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
easy to jump on?

So, what you're saying is I have a point but I might be scum because it's an easy point to make...?
joke votes are joke votes but self joke votes are irritating.

I very much doubt there will be 3 scum and 6 town, 2 and 7 would be much more likely (3 v 6 will be straight into lylo if there's a mislynch day one). Why is 3 v 6 optimal?

Gheb, more irritated than suspicious, I don't like self voting unless there's a very good reason. That's not to say that I don't find it suspicious, it's just more a thing to use in conjunction with other things more than something to use by itself.

I personally find summoner's overeagerness to start killing pretty unsettling.
maybe it's because it's you being voted but anyway thanks for portraying me as an overeager beaver!

Purple

Hi guys!
killing other people for no reason is fine

but killing yourself for no reason?

That's just crazy.

It just seems stupid to bring up.

I understand it doesn't help town.

But does it even help mafia?

Think about it.

Purple

Hi guys!
Oh, i'm talking you going buckwild over me self voting.

anyways, I generally see those setups all the time on Epic Mafia, 3 v 6 is quite winnable.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Buckwild? I got irritated that someone would do it. I was talking about your last post. Are you referring to a townie voting themselves not helping mafia, a townie lynching themselves not helping mafia or why would a mafia self vote.

A little birdy tells me that the OP is updated and it isn't 3 v 6.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
mafia can't lynch themselves, they'd need town help. I'll assume you meant vote themselves and that you're trying to say "why would mafia self vote?" and answer with "Why wouldn't mafia do something you'd expect town to do?"

I also don't like how you're lumping voting and lynching together.

Unrelated question! Why was 3 v 6 optimal for us?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@vult: adding to my last post:
Is it because that's such an easy thing to jump on?
what answer were you expecting here? normally this type of question is one you'd make your own deductions on, which is odd considering it was aimed at summoner. So what do you make of the summoner/heat exchanges?
_

I understand it doesn't help town.
But does it even help mafia?
Think about it.
heat I think the underlying point is you [jokingly] put yourself in a position to be incriminated by scum and/or questioned by town because the very nature of self-voting is strictly anti-town.

unvote

also I agree chibo needs to say something!

Purple

Hi guys!
mafia can't lynch themselves, they'd need town help. I'll assume you meant vote themselves and that you're trying to say "why would mafia self vote?" and answer with "Why wouldn't mafia do something you'd expect town to do?"

I also don't like how you're lumping voting and lynching together.

Unrelated question! Why was 3 v 6 optimal for us?
I feel it's easier to point out scum via 50-50's than 75:25

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 3:
ChiboSempai: Gheb_01, Marc (:041: :041:)
Gheb_01: Sworddancer. (:041:)
HeatStroke: SummonerAU (:041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: (0)
Marc: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai, HeatStroke, Kataefi, Vult Redux (:041: :041: :041: :041:)

Sorry about being a bit behind; my computer died and I ended up having to buy a new one. But I'm back on track now. :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, more irritated than suspicious, I don't like self voting unless there's a very good reason. That's not to say that I don't find it suspicious, it's just more a thing to use in conjunction with other things more than something to use by itself.
Unvote Vote Summoner

Needs less wishy-wash.

heat I think the underlying point is you [jokingly] put yourself in a position to be incriminated by scum and/or questioned by town because the very nature of self-voting is strictly anti-town.
Strange though how anti-town rarely to never self-votes unless it's a quickhammer. More often than not it's town who [jokingly] self-votes and it's usually scum who tries to paint it in a bad light.

:059:

Top Bottom