• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it isn't something to build a case on by itself Gheb, unless you would prefer it if I was all "lol lets lynch HeatStroke because of a little thing that might be a joke" and I'm preeeeetty sure that's a bad thing to have done. Unless you care to tell me that wanting to lynch someone over something like that good?

First time I've actually seen anyone do it Gheb. So like, I totally know to self vote as scum with Gheb in the game because he'll clear me for it :D Oh Gheb, what games has scum self voting that you know? I'd like to have a look to see how they did it(for this particular point in time). Another thing, would you have based your idea on SWF mafia games or mafia games in general? I'm pretty sure HeatStroke has openly said he/she/they mostly play epic mafia, so I don't see how SWF meta could be applied to them so easily.

tl;dr I dislike what you've said with maybe some more to add but I have uni now!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
It's a null-tell. People of both alignments do it, and it depends on a particular person's play-style if they'll read the setup or not.
A very serious response to a not so serious question! Neat!

Vult - Is anything point out odd to you?
What do you mean?

I personally find summoner's overeagerness to start killing pretty unsettling.
WHY-uh?

Vote: HeatStroke - SERiOUS VOTE.

hi vult!: can you elaborate on what you meant by 'finally'? This reads as if you expected summoner to get serious at the moment of a self-vote.
"Finally" because all posts before the one I quoted weren't remotely serious. So it was a big and sudden turnaround for him. I'd expected him to joke at the self vote or something.

Purple

Hi guys!
Man vult you must love me :)

Want to be my buddy?

;D

Why do I thinking someone wanting to kill with nothing to base off scummy?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
To get people to read the setup. p:

And to see if you would try to put suspicion on people who didn't. But I didn't expect you to regardless of alignment. So.

People were all "oh gee, what if 3 vampires?" when there can't be three vampires and a 3:6 game is completely broken, so it's silly to ponder over to begin with...

ANYWAY, HeatStroke is scummy. t/f?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Don't worry I'm still in this game. I'm reading a lot and observing. I want a good read on the game and everyone before I start contributing.

Carry on :)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player? For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare. Not really feeling his lynch to be honest. Let's at least focus on other players as well, although it's kind of hard considering everything was about HS so far. I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
So, who do you want to focus on Marc? It's a nice idea but maybe you should suggest someone to look into? There's nine people here and 3 have votes on HeatStroke (from memory) so that's a whole 6(!) other votes. Ask some questions if you don't think there's anything else you could look into from the current posts other than HeatStroke stuff (I think there is stuff you could mention).

Marc, what's the idea behind of telling us that you'll vote with HeatStroke if nothing changes between now and whenever?

Chibo, that's interesting. So like, similar to what you did in Disney mafia when you were scum (D1) where you didn't say much at first and then did several big posts towards the end of the day, essentially securing your position D1? Don't you find them similar? Why can't you get good reads on people and not say anything at the same time?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player? For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare. Not really feeling his lynch to be honest. Let's at least focus on other players as well, although it's kind of hard considering everything was about HS so far. I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.
Very well.

Unvote; Vote: Marc

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I want a few things addressed!:

@Vult: #69 - vult you never addressed my post here.
More often than not it's town who [jokingly] self-votes and it's usually scum who tries to paint it in a bad light.
thanks for this gheb except... so what? what is this implying? I wasn't alluding to his alignment in that quote - but you are here. Are you essentially clearing heatstroke based on this action?

@Marc:
HeatStroke's comment about 6 vs 3 stands out.
marc I was rereading and you never did elaborate on this! - in what way was this suspicious to you and why did it stand out only for you to consider not 'feeling heatstroke' right after?

@Summoner:
tl;dr I dislike what you've said with maybe some more to add but I have uni now!
your recent lengthy post sounds as if you've ignored this quote - could you elaborate on 'maybe some more' for me ol wise guru summoner.
_

@dancer and chibo - please post more!

Purple

Hi guys!
Pretty sure it isn't something to build a case on by itself Gheb, unless you would prefer it if I was all "lol lets lynch HeatStroke because of a little thing that might be a joke" and I'm preeeeetty sure that's a bad thing to have done
If this was a bad thing to go off of, why did you vote for me and continue pressuring me for the past two pages. If you realized it was a joke you would've definately unvoted by now.

And to see if you would try to put suspicion on people who didn't. But I didn't expect you to regardless of alignment. So.
I see you like Mayling.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
because it was something to go off? It's D1 and we start with nothing. I'm not brushing away what you did as a joke either, I know it has potential to be a joke, but I'm not going to be certain of that. I'll be including it in any thoughts(non posted) I have regarding you and what I think you are alignment wise. I'll also pressure whoever I like to pressure :D

You seem to be avoiding Vult's question. Don't you want to answer it? I don't really care if you do or don't as it isn't my question but I'd still like to see the answer.

@Kataefi: I am neither old nor wise nor a guru. Why did you say these things?

Also, I'm completely down with a Chibo lynch if he/she/it insists on their whatever-it-is and doesn't tell me why he/she/it can't be active at the same time.

Vult, you say you last vote on Heat was 'serious' and then you change to Marc pretty quickly. What in particular inside of that quote made Marc much more scummy than Heat?

MAN

I

SURE

DO

LOVE

LINE

BREAKS!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
summoner - 'ol this that the other' are just little phatic aliases I like adding to lighten my posts so I don't get bored as I write them =p
Notice the maybe? It's there for a reason ;P
if you didn't have anything 'more' to add at that time why did you think to say this in the first place? there either was something more or this was added for effect... i'm assuming the latter?
I'll go along with the bandwagon if nothing better comes up, but at least HS is posting.
also marc just to clarify in Grammys2 you voted KeeKee D1 for what I bolded, saying it was the 'worst possible reason' to vote someone - any chance you can elaborate as to why you're doing this now?,...or are these circumstances different?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
At the time, I finished my post quickly because I had to leave for uni (I woke up 30 minutes before that post, it's time stamped at 7:26AM for me). There might been something I would think of at uni that I forgot to addand I would have added that once I got on a computer next. Turns out I didn't. get @ me

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't worry I'm still in this game. I'm reading a lot and observing. I want a good read on the game and everyone before I start contributing.

oh gosh scumscumcum

For all those voting HeatStroke, are you sure he's not just a newbie/bad player?

For Mafia to stand out this much on Day 1 is rare.
marc, i asked hs how many games they played. this is one of the reasons i asked. no newbie/badplayer johns later.

your second line is interesting."mafia to stand out this much on d1" so you admit yourself they are appearing very scummy. why would we let them live just to create a wifom situation later?

not to say i don't agree with pressuring everyone. just found that interesting.

Purple

Hi guys!
because it was something to go off? It's D1 and we start with nothing. I'm not brushing away what you did as a joke either, I know it has potential to be a joke, but I'm not going to be certain of that. I'll be including it in any thoughts(non posted) I have regarding you and what I think you are alignment wise. I'll also pressure whoever I like to pressure :D

You seem to be avoiding Vult's question. Don't you want to answer it? I don't really care if you do or don't as it isn't my question but I'd still like to see the answer.
Redirect me to Vult's question

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
thanks for this gheb except... so what? what is this implying? I wasn't alluding to his alignment in that quote - but you are here. Are you essentially clearing heatstroke based on this action?
What I'm saying is that Summoner's push vs HS wasn't convincing in the slightest.

Unvote Vote Chibo

Him, Sworddancer or Summoner toDay.

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Sorry guys, I had a busy weekend + school today.

Gheb said:
What I'm saying is that Summoner's push vs HS wasn't convincing in the slightest.
It is true that his case was very weak, but arn't cases like that a good way to get things rolling?

Chibo said:

So you just want everyone to contribute why you just sit back and have everyone assume you're not scum? Right.

Unvote Vote Chibo

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I like how everyone assumes that I'm scum right away lol.

Wanting me out for being unhelpful townie is one thing but you guys are all assuming nonsense...

Either way, I'm finishing up a big game design project due tonight @ 11pm EST. I'll try to read up and post here tonight after I submit it.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 4:
ChiboSempai: Marc, Gheb_01, Sworddancer. (:041: :041: :041:)
Gheb_01: (0)
HeatStroke: SummonerAU (:041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: (0)
Marc: Vult Redux (:041:)
SummonerAU: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai, HeatStroke, Kataefi (:041: :041: :041:)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

no that's okay you can contribute now.

@Vult: #69 - vult you never addressed my post here.
I addressed it in post 83. Just not thoroughly.

Vult, you say you last vote on Heat was 'serious' and then you change to Marc pretty quickly. What in particular inside of that quote made Marc much more scummy than Heat?
I'll probably go into detail when/if I make a full case on him.

You agree that the content I quoted is scummy, don't you?

@ HeatStroke: Question in post 87.

@ Mayling: Read on HeatStroke?!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Reading specifically one person's posts from the beginning of the game, in order to gain a better read on that one person.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
...? What in particular makes you think this? I don't really mind people saying stuff like this but I think you should quote things I posted that makes you say this. I'm also confused as to why you would go after an inactive player/s more than someone you think is scummy in such a small game.

Heat: "Why is Summoner's overeagerness so unsettling?"

Sworddancer, now you're back, what do you think of people so far? Who do you think is the most scummy?

Purple

Hi guys!
The reason is unsettling is because considering the fact it was RVS. Period.

RVS is random, voting a person to be lynched that you truly want to be lynched off of being random is anti-town. Giving no basis to argue doesn't bring town any closer to a solidified lynch.

I would -hope- that everyone in the RVS was to be asked "are you willing to lynch the person you voted for right now" that they would say "no". Why? There's nothing to base off the lynch! Just because my self-lynch makes my answer automatically "no" doesn't mean it should something that irritating.

I understand that only I know that I'm town, and me lynching myself (to whom I would know is town) is anti-town, but as i said, it's RVS. My vote on myself lasted for eight minutes. Until i realized i was in foots length of a noose. You can check the time to see how long it was there.

Long story short, a joke is a joke, I made sure the joke did not get out of hand (me being **** near L-1 waiting to die). I wouldn't think a vote on self is anti-town unless I straight up give up the game and wait for someone to hammer on me. This wasn't the case.

Summoner, also thought i would bring this up, i never implied town doesn't have power, I just implied that mafia has power because they can kill. Considering town = townies and mafia. That just means mafia has more power than town.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
In my previous post I meant the focus should be on any of the other eight players, without anyone specific in mind. I was obviously also interested where other people would take it and who would be willing to be helpful in the first place.

I also knew I was opening myself up for a vote considering I haven't posted that much either, which Vult capitalized on immediately. Suggesting someone to focus on one player when catching up with a game is questionable.

@Marc:marc I was rereading and you never did elaborate on this! - in what way was this suspicious to you and why did it stand out only for you to consider not 'feeling heatstroke' right after?
It's a very bad assumption because in years of playing I've never seen a 9-player setup with 3 Mafia. That'd mean only one mislynch. I'm wondering why HS went out of his way to assure us he has no idea what he's talking about.

also marc just to clarify in Grammys2 you voted KeeKee D1 for what I bolded, saying it was the 'worst possible reason' to vote someone - any chance you can elaborate as to why you're doing this now?,...or are these circumstances different?
KEEKEE voted for someone because of the bandwagon, taking it as a reason to vote by itself. That is not the case for me. I wouldn't lose sleep over lynching HS, even moreso because we need a consensus at some point and his flip will give us new leads. However, he's not as scummy to me as he seems to be to the ones pushing for his lynch. This is a person who voted for himself and made an usual setup assumption, which means he's either very ballsy scum or just stupid. I'm leaning towards the latter, who the **** does tricky stuff like that in his fourth game?

marc, i asked hs how many games they played. this is one of the reasons i asked. no newbie/badplayer johns later.
Yeah, I forgot about that. I read back and he said this is his fourth game, not counting EpicMafia.

your second line is interesting."mafia to stand out this much on d1" so you admit yourself they are appearing very scummy. why would we let them live just to create a wifom situation later?
No, I meant HS standing out this much means makes him less likely to be scum in my book.

Chibo and me are in another game together and he's not very active in that one either. His johns are probably legit, but I'm not sure if that means we should give him a free pass for Day 1. I'll keep my vote and hope he starts contributing. The same can be said about Sworddancer, who I forgot was even in the game till just now. =/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
...? What in particular makes you think this?
Are you kidding me? Do you really think I'd agree with somebody if he said "XY is suspect because he voted himself during the RVS?"

Such a stupid question unvote vote Summoner

I'm also confused as to why you would go after an inactive player/s more than someone you think is scummy in such a small game.
Are you talking about Chibo or Sworddance here?

Chibo can die because we have 2 days left and he hasn't done **** all game. That is scummy enough, even in such a small game.
Sworddancer was for pressure.

:059:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I read it as "I don't think Summoner's push on Heat is that of a convincing townie" and that you were implying I was scum. Even though I misread what you said, your reply to my question makes me think that you believe that anyone who self votes in RVS shouldn't even be noticed over any other random vote, is this correct? I'm going to have issues with you if you say yes.

Anyway (take it further if you want, you'll only end up finding it was a misread and have a mislynch), I'm currently above Chibo on your list right now I take it? Have you had a change of mind or did that question set of the balance? If it was a change of mind, why? If it wasn't, why was asking that question enough to raise me above Chibo in your eyes? Why did you pick Sworddancer in particular for pressure? If it was random, why did you want to pressure someone random at that particular point in time? Why am I scummy?

Why do I ask so many question?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Not impressed with Chibo's inability to make his post. Scum points +10.

Analysis of that super scummy post by Marc!

A subtle but very intentional defense of HeatStroke with no real base.

You come out with "what if HeatStroke is new/badtown". Why suggest this in the first place if there's nothing making you think that? If you actually do think he's new/bad, and have an actual reason why you think he's new/bad, say so. If you're just not sure, you could have looked up his posts on this site or something and check it out yourself?

But no. You apparently don't think he's new or badtown. Because, despite all the WIFOM possible explanations you give for him making the "scummy" posts and still being Town, you say that you're okay with voting him.

So you agree that he's scummy, but you still go out of your way to make up reasons why he can be scummy and Town?

And on top of that, you insist that we should look at other players as well, when you haven't done any progress of that yourself. You haven't given us anything to work with, in fact. You're just sticking with your safe Chibo vote. This is echoed by the fact that you say you'll just follow the wagon "if nothing better comes up". Why aren't you bringing anything up?

Short version: Marc suggests various reasons why HeatStroke can be scummy and still Town. Then he states that despite those possibilities, he'll still lynch HeatStroke if no better options are presented. Then [and this still holds true at this point in the game], he doesn't put in the effort to make more leads, or find and present/pursue those "better options" [he instead does the opposite: parks an extremely safe vote on someone who's barely here with no real attack on them, other than "you're not here"].

Town needs a Marc wagon!

Top Bottom