• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtles Wollongong Smash Thread [Wollongong + Hunter > Sydney]

planetstereo

Smash Ace
sorry friday is no good for me. first meet i will miss out on. any chance of a different day? and also, we need 4 people for the team. you all wanna go together? turtle and tc are already in teams
We have 4 people already cause craig is gonna come, (he'll prob use kirby though he has been tranning up with MK cause i told him to. lol)
also as of just now i have a paypal account, so what im going to do is pay for everyone in our team and get you guys to pay me back when i see you. (no one seemed to have Paypal so i took some initiative i guess). let me know today or tomorrow if you dont want this to happen.
if TCR can get his friend we'll have 5 so it would prob be ok for everyone.

Hey guys. Jamus was right about schoolies, but I'm back now.

I'll try and make it to whatever day you decide on. I think I'll be in wollongong judging a theatresports competition on friday, so i could go straight from that to the meet I guess.

I might be able to line up another player for your team if you need it. He's about as good as me, so he would be a pretty good asset I suppose. I might have to snag him for the doubles, though.

Jamus, its good to hear you picked up Dedede. He's pretty **** awesome. It would be cool if you still played link now and then anyway. Low tier is lonely :(
SPACEJUMP!!!!!!!!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
i versed james' DDD last night and its coming along well, i reckon that as an opponent its at least as good as his Link with a whole lot of room for improvement still left to go, will be good when the tourny comes.
We both were playing like kings last night, it was great.........
ps James your gettingthat chain grab working well.........

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Toby good to hear you're back. Lol dont worry I'll still use Link regularly...but maybe with King Dedede I can take a stock or two off metaknight or your pokemon trainer

Thanks Stereo...the chaingrabs still need a bit of work because you were able to dolphin slash out of them a few times.

Also guys Im thinking Monday night for our smash night...can everyone come on Monday night?

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Toby good to hear you're back. Lol dont worry I'll still use Link regularly...but maybe with King Dedede I can take a stock or two off metaknight or your pokemon trainer

Thanks Stereo...the chaingrabs still need a bit of work because you were able to dolphin slash out of them a few times.

Also guys Im thinking Monday night for our smash night...can everyone come on Monday night?
a few times, once or twice a match is still ok...
how good was it to whip out the old Melee again. darn dolphin slash being not so good though, but still marth is as awsome as i remember.

monday sounds good
Edit: I reckon we should start monday with a bit of Melee'ness, what do ya think?

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Alright, whether you like it or not ive paid from all the guys in my team to go. I'll be expecting you guys to pay me back soon though cause i kinda need money to live. (you know how it is)
this is directed to:
Jamus
Cug
tkls

Hazzah we are goin to Dont Come!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday Nathan !1!11!!!
thanks James, just to let everyone know, we kinda had a little of the cuff smash meet at my house for my birthday. ( planned at like lunch that day)
was fun to snap all my brothers and sisters (lol)
except that on of my sisters (who is like 12 yrs old and never played smash before) was completely owning after Cug gave her some tips with kirby. (Hahahahahaha):psycho:
(it ok, we still beat her - just)
BTW jamus you left your bag here.....

planetstereo

Smash Ace
OK guys, we are down a player (Cug -niece's birthday apparently :( ) for the team and we need to fill the spot. i really want another Wollongong player but it seems that everyone is either definitely not coming or already in a team, though if there is anyone hiding in the woodwork of this thread then now is the time to come out. im gonna post a note on the DC thread as well though as i said i really want to have another wollongong person...
send me a message if you want in and hope to hear from you
PS (Hey TCR, have you spoken to your friend, maybe he can fill the spot??)
Stereo

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
tc, any chance of a lift? :) and guys, anyone want to stay in a room with me in sydney? 20$ and ill pay the rest. $20 for both nights that is.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for another fun super smash last night guys. I think we were all getting a bit tired by the end when we started bagging eachother out but it was still fun.

Toby.

Smash Master
Good work guys, you've all improved a lot :D

Jamus, your bair walls with Dedede were great, and our link vs PT match on that custom level was awesome.
Tickles - turtling about seemed to pay off a lot, as usual. Our money match was pretty ridiculous, in a good way.
Good work Stereo, your marth is coming along nicely. It's a pity we didn't have more time to drill your offstage anti charizard options. Next meet we should put some more time into it methinks.

The money matches between Stereo and Tickles were lols.

Good stuff guys :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm in the process of trying to organize a tourney for late jan.
you guys should come up and at the end we can have a Canberra vs Wollongong crew battle.
crew battles are just too good.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Sounds great, but I think we go on holidays late January as well.

Edit: actually we leave on 31st Jan so any time before that sounds great.

Toby.

Smash Master
Well since I only just mentioned it, nobody yet ;)

If its like the normal meets chances are it would be jamus, planetstereo, tickles and I. Although just because I said I feel like a meet it doesn't mean it will happen :p

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Hey TCR Congrats on HSC results I saw your name in the paper for getting over 90 in at least one subject. Im sure you dominated the UAI as well.

As for the smash meet, maybe this Saturday night. Let me know if you guys are available. If not it will have to wait till after Christmas as Im pretty busy practising piano for accompaning the singing at Christmas Eve mass.

Top Bottom