• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtles Wollongong Smash Thread [Wollongong + Hunter > Sydney]

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Haha Chris I saw you today in Shellharbour Square I was doing my Christmas shopping. I saw you in Sanity but I couldn't come up to say hello because I was waiting in the massive line.

Edit: actually Nathan is coming over so Chris you can come over too.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Edit: actually Nathan is coming over so Chris you can come over too.
yes its true, we smashed and we smashed and we sang and we smashed. And no thanks to you dudes.....;)
I even was able to make the controller levitate a few times
(jamus taught me that one - thanks man)
but no seriously was good to make it back to the ol' game of wits and skill once again
Hazzah
drinks on me
stereo

Dedu

Smash Lord
Cao is better than all in Australia.

Only I can stomp him out in Melee doubles :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah >_>

That was fail.
Never fear I won't give up until I manage to take all 4 of Cao's stocks again next time!

I managed to at RAMBO <3

Toby.

Smash Master
Ok guys new plan for Luke's tourney. Bussing it will cost us roughly $65 each (assuming you have student cards) so I think it would be easier if one of us drove. That way we can all chip in for petrol and still get there cheaper and faster than we would on a bus.

It would also let us choose what music we want to listen to :bee:

I could most likely use my car, but since I haven't yet transferred the cd player from the previous car into this one all it has is a tape player. I DO have one of those things that lets you plug your laptop/mp3 player into the car though, so we can play music that way.

As long as I can get at least 1 other person to drive with me it will be cheaper than catching the bus.

Oh and it would be even better if we used one of your cars (assuming you guys want to do this), because I share my car with brother. If its not an option for you guys I'm ok with using mine, though.

So Jamus, Stereo and Tickles, what say you?

edit: soz double post

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Ok guys new plan for Luke's tourney. Bussing it will cost us roughly $65 each (assuming you have student cards) so I think it would be easier if one of us drove. That way we can all chip in for petrol and still get there cheaper and faster than we would on a bus.

It would also let us choose what music we want to listen to :bee:

I could most likely use my car, but since I haven't yet transferred the cd player from the previous car into this one all it has is a tape player. I DO have one of those things that lets you plug your laptop/mp3 player into the car though, so we can play music that way.

As long as I can get at least 1 other person to drive with me it will be cheaper than catching the bus.

Oh and it would be even better if we used one of your cars (assuming you guys want to do this), because I share my car with brother. If its not an option for you guys I'm ok with using mine, though.

So Jamus, Stereo and Tickles, what say you?

edit: soz double post
says I:
Maybe i can get my car and drive instead, though im kinda in the same place as you when it comes to music. I have my green P's so increased speed limit is a go.
I'll still have to convince my parents to let me got (but will have to do that anyway so nothings changed).
According to "whereis.com" it will be 200-250 km one way to Canberra so lets say total trip is 500km. My car gets 10.5km per litre with just me in it so lets say that with 4 guys it gets 8.5km per litre.
thus at $1.04/litre
$61.1764 total
/4 = $15.30
ie We are WAY ahead of any bus prices even if we add say $5-10 each for misadventure we are still laughing. so total trip cost is $20 fuel, $15 Food and for everything else there is mastercard...lol oh and dont forget to charge the ipods.:chuckle:
One more thing is that if it is at all possible, i have somewhere i need to be on saturday night, so maybe try to make it back for that if we can....
let me know your thoughts everyone
later
stereo

Edit: Also $15 entry, sorry to forget it :)

jamus

Smash Apprentice
hey driving down seems like a good idea

But I would prefer not to be the one driving because I have a pretty bad sense of direction (Once when I was coming home from Warrawong I ended up on the way to Sydney)

Anyway when were you guys thinking of leaving - Friday arvo or Sat morning? My vote would be early Sat morning but it wouldnt be a huge deal, I just have to ask for more time off work.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
well, i'll be in canberra anyway, but i will get a lift home if possible?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well I was thinking perhaps, if possible, that I'd train down to Wollongong (its like $8 each way or less, right?) and car it up with you guys. If the petrol money my extra self contributes is less than $15 I'm breaking even :p

Toby.

Smash Master
Sounds awesome stereo :D

If tickles isn't in the car on the way there I assume you could come in the car with us Shaya, but I guess its ultimately Stereo's call.

I found out today that my car is out of coolant, so the air conditioner doesn't work. Im really praying that we can use your car stereo!

Lol @ jamus, his sense of direction sounds like its similar to mine..

Dedu

Smash Lord
And mine too.

Hell even if I know the area very well and stuff, I get lost easily at night time.
Just coz I has Green Pees doesn't mean i'm an *awesome* driver.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
here in ACT we dont even need to display our p's after 6 months and a 2 hour course.
also almighty Wollongong crew, I forgot to ask before, any chance of tv's wii's w/e being brought with you?

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
wii from me as usual, also will bring brawl and melee. and gh. i love gh at the moment. not fantastic yet.

Dedu

Smash Lord
we dont even need to display our p's after 6 months and a 2 hour course.
Lucky you. Try living in Sydney for a while and you'll start to see how annoying their 'road' rules are XP

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Alright guys, I have secured a vehicular devise, WOOT. Luke we are coming, be ready!!

Ok, heres the deal, my car isnt actually that good, its about as old as i am. Thankfully, the A/C still works and we should be able to plug one of those mp3 cassette adapters for sum musicalness.

BTW Shaya, if you have a student card you can get to wollongong for like $4.80 one way.

stereo

Edit: So I was thinking it would be a lot easier it we went down on friday night rather than saturday morning cause i dont want to drive down at like 7:00am and im going to take a guess and say that shaya does not want to take a train down at like 5:00 in the morning.....
let me know what you think

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So it's okay for me to trip with you guys? I'm not certain if its possible but I have someone else who may be interested in coming if he can get a similar situation; if it's possible that is.

Yeah, Student card ftw.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Hey do you guys want to have a SMASH night at my house Saturday night?

We can practise for the ACT tournament and talk tactics for the crew battles :)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
will be in wollongong wednesday night so if anyone wants to play melee thursday during the day i'd be quite happy, but as i have no place of residence in wollongong atm it'd have to be at your house and because i know you all love brawl i might even play a few games of that so you guys can have practice against a world class pit

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
thatd prob be good because i'll most likely be rate hungover so 130 would be great, you live in balgownie right?

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Hey guys,
It looks as though we are leaving for Canberra on Friday afternoon, luke says that we can stay at his house for the night.....
Anyway, its

Jamus
TCR
Shaya

coming in my car, with tkls wanting a lift on the way back.
so if anyone else wants a lift they will have to find their own way back.

the plan is to have music but i will need one of those mp3 to radio or mp3 to casette adapters for it to work in my car.......
let me know if you have any queries of if you have said adapter.
cheers
stereo

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sounds good guys, what time you plan on getting in?
my adress is 4 spofforth st holt.
its in the belconnen area, north side ftw

Top Bottom