• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtles Wollongong Smash Thread [Wollongong + Hunter > Sydney]

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
umm dunno maybe 11pm? come early for smash practice though
also due to massive massive fail our pizzahuts restratunts turned into takeaway's and our sizzelers all got shut down.
I still cry myself to sleep.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
jamus turns out i have to be home at midday on thursday because my family is coming to ulladulla and we're supposed to be going out for lunch sorry :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How long does the train from Sydney to gong take?

If its 2 hours? I'll leave home at maybe 2pm, get there at 4, ride into the sunset and hopefully beat it so Luke has pizza waiting for us while its hopefully still sunny.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
ok, so here is the plan as it stands at the moment....

>Shaya jumps on a train from Mascot (thats where you live right?) and gets into Wollongong 2 hours later (approx)
>we all meet at wollongong station and leave for Canberra
>2 and a half hours later we arrive in Canberra and raid luke's house.
Woot

** Easy as pi^2 **

We should leave about half an hour for whatever we might need (we'll use it trust me)
I was thinking we could get in around 7 pm so that we can get some dinner etc.

So according to this shaya should leave sydney at 2:00pm and we will leave wollongong at 4:00pm.

this is probably a no brainer but we should each bring sleeping bags and pillows etc...

This plan is by no means final and if you have any problems at all with it just speak up and we can change it.
Actually, just give me a buzz whether you like it or not so i know what you guys think....

Also, Luke i think we can just head to your house direct.
stereo

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
stereo, I don't have your mobile number. And I don't know if you have mine either.

0425 290 330.

I'll also see if I'm manly enough to bring $10 worth of Coke, with that awesome special atm that's like 12L (6 bottles) for $10.

If one of you have an eskii and are up to buying Ice we'll be super refreshed in the most likely 40 degree heat trip there.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
stereo, I don't have your mobile number. And I don't know if you have mine either.

0425 290 330.

I'll also see if I'm manly enough to bring $10 worth of Coke, with that awesome special atm that's like 12L (6 bottles) for $10.

If one of you have an eskii and are up to buying Ice we'll be super refreshed in the most likely 40 degree heat trip there.
The Bringing of Coke would be awesome good and I think that i am in possession of an eski as well.....

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol ride into the sunset, what is this I don't even...
yeah sounds good, there's a pizza hut about 2 minutes drive from my house so we can organize something if thats what you want.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its only about 3 hours, maybe a little more to get from my house in canberra to the middle of sydney (central station) by car

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Ok, so plan seems to be a go

Dont forget guys its:
$75/5 = $15* for fuel
$15 for tourney entry
$10/5 = $2 to give to shaya for Coke (speaking of which you sure your up to lugging 12L of Coke on a 2hour train ride shaya?)
pay for your own food (unless otherwise specified)
as you might have guessed already i am a shameless chronic budgeter woot
*the reason that i am diving fuel costs by 5 is that Tkls will be riding with us on the way back and he is kindly going to pay full fare - having still owed me money from Dont Come i think this is reasonable (I love blackmail;))
all of this care of yours truly
Stereo

tkls

Smash Apprentice
umm... i am not getting a lift either way now...
will sort out money problem at the tournament
i wont screw you guys though, i feel i have some financial responsibility unless you can get someone else

planetstereo

Smash Ace
umm... i am not getting a lift either way now...
will sort out money problem at the tournament
i wont screw you guys though, i feel i have some financial responsibility unless you can get someone else
Well actually that might works out well cause shaya just asked if he can bring a friend on the way there (not sure about the way back yet) .
Either way id prefer if we used the space simple cause its cheaper....

Unrelatedly, I checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and it wont be that hot, should be a nice drive down.....

stereo

Toby.

Smash Master
Stereo, do you mind picking me up on the way? My house is on the way there, and it would allow me to still bring a TV to the tournament. Otherwise I'll just have tocatch a bus in without a TV.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
yeah, should be ok.

Actually i was thinking, most people ive talk to reckon that its better to take picton road out to the hume hwy rather than maquarie pass so is it ok if i come and pick you up like 3:30?

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Well the results say 10th (Im sure I came 9th cause the results were deleted when we got back to Lukes but yeh whatever it doesnt really matter)

So I was really happy with my placing and it was a huge improvement over boost 2.

Next time you should come and test out your world class pit =)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
actually they werent it screwed up on the laptop cause of gay vista but when I moved it to my computer, there they were.

Dedu

Smash Lord
finally!

someone who agrees with me on VISTA!
That OS needs serious revision...

XP all the way! <3

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Well the results say 10th (Im sure I came 9th cause the results were deleted when we got back to Lukes but yeh whatever it doesnt really matter)

So I was really happy with my placing and it was a huge improvement over boost 2.

Next time you should come and test out your world class pit =)
i only go to tournaments for melee now, but im ofcourse glad to participate in brawl while im there :)

we'll play some at teddys

Top Bottom