• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA Biweeklies on hiatus - Check often for updates!

Would you rather pay a $5 house fee to enter the house, or take 40% of the pot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just because you aren't very good against space animals doesn't mean they're horrible matchups for Ganon.
Lol you're crazy, dude. You told me personally that Ganon loses against the space animals, and gets kinda wrecked by Fox. >_>;

All Ganon users are officially gayzzz! Especially Inui and Oorah

I still gotta Shiek ditto ya Inui. Prince of Tennis vs Love Hina Shiek battle, lol!
Oorah is mad fun to Ganon ditto.

Sounds hot and amazing!

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Space animals are gay match ups against Ganon. It isn't pure annihilation... Falco obviously is more of a problem. Fox's I don't mind at all. I don't have trouble against them like i do Marth and Falco. I am getting more comfy against Sheiks. I feel that if a fox beats me, the player is simply better than me. Where as if a Falco beats me, I got gheyed haha. But I do know when a falco player is simply better than me or not.

Ganon dittos was fun. I think I learned a thing or too. Thanks Inui for that chance. Ganon teams is simply too strong. Ganon dittos are so awkward heh.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So...the percentage I stated is correct?

Vs Fox = 65/35
Vs Falco = 60/40

:?

Edit: Yeah, Ganon dittos and double Ganon teams = fun. You're solid in teams with that Ganon of yours.

Magus420

Smash Master
You said it was only 65/35 even on the best counterpick stages. So no... the percentage you stated is not correct. That's saying it's even worse than that normally. You also described it as a "horrendous **** counter match", which is a huge exaggeration.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
TSA Biweekly Results 4/14/07

Doubles

1. Ryoko + M2K
2. Inui + Cactuar
3. NJ Connection
4. P*ssy = Auto Win
5. Hazzy + Keitaro
5. Atomsk + Pacman
7. Lord + LvL 9 CPU
7. Stitch Missles
9. BYE
9. BYE
9. Tru + Shoryuswordsman
9. BYE
13. BYE
13. BYE
13. BYE
13. BYE

Singles

1. M2K
2. Reik
3. Cactuar
4. Eggm
5. Inui
5. Emblem Lord
7. Sensei
7. Velocity
9. LK
9. JFox
9. Copycat
9. Sneak
13. Do
13. Keitaro
13. Oorah
13. Athrun Zala
17. Atomsk
17. Cheezit
17. Theo
17. Legendary Hero
17. Yoshi is Cool
17. Tru
17. Whit
17. Dot eater
25. BYE
25. Andres
25. BYE
25. Marc
25. BYE
25. Shoryuswordsman
25. BYE
25. Ken34

Okay guys, great Bi-weekly with good food thanks to Muz and Copycat.

<3 TSA. Ok so, Saturday the 28th there will be NO BI-WEEKLY!

There will be a tournament held at CyberConXion in Wayne, New Jersey instead. TSA will be running this tournament with the help of AngelCX.

That's right. A REAL tournament. Not a bi-weekly, where poeple come to train and get experience. This is what we need in Jersey right? Some more real competitive events.

Well, your wish is granted. So everyone bring your A game when you show up.

TSA will see you there.

JFox

Smash Hero
OH good, due to the fact that everyone will have finals comin up, including myself, skipping the 28th is not such a bad idea...

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ah, thats actually good news, as my crewmates probably woudln't be coming because of finals, Reik we teamin at this? :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I think Sneak's right, but if is it, I doubt I can make it either. My parents barely let me go anywhere on weekends so I highly doubt they will around finals time. Why have a real tourney round finals time!?!?

JFox

Smash Hero
Oh. If that is the case, I won't be able to make it. I won't be playing any smash til the end of the semester, which will be like May 12th for me. Sucks, but ya gotta do what needs to be done. I'm lookin forward to this summer. :)

JFox

Smash Hero
Did I get to play you Gtlink? There were so many people it seems I never end up playing at each bi-weekly.

Reik & Eggm- You guys should try to work on some cool teams strategies since you team all the time. I mean I know you guys are already a REALLY good team, but doesn't hurt to make things better. Like I know LK and Inui are a good team and have a lot more strategy thought up. Like LK is a beast at saving his teammate, he uses foxes up B starting animation to save people, which takes a little practice but is hella sexy. Also they have several counter characters and counter pick stages that they use, which people call "ghey" but its foolish not to take advantage of it. Also stuff like the 2v1 punch til they struggle outa of your grab, to teammate regrab repeat, is "cheap" but is considered an auto win and should be taken advantage of.(its really no more cheap than a jiggs rest from a grab IMO, just a bit better cuz its easier) Also just in the midst of battle, getting a grab and having the your fox upsmash is really effective and I don't really see it happen much with you guys.

Basically I think you guys are a really good team but could be even better with some pratice and well thought out strategy. But yeah, NJ Connection is probably the strongest team in NJ IMO.(minus m2k+random decent smasher) Followed by LK and Inui.

Edit: Oh but teams should have absolutely no bearing on the rankings. The only people that support that idea are those who play teams. But if you were to be non-biased, I think anyone would realize that its far too complicated to try and take doubles and use them as an influence to rankings which is based primarily on singles results. Besides, any who is good at teams will surely be on the list because of their singles performance anyway.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
M2K and Ryoko/anyone good > Magus and teh_spamerer > Lord Knight and Inui > Reik and Eggm > Emblem Lord and WoZ.

That's my opinion. Magus has effing Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Peach...so he's fuxing with HAX in teams. XD

Reik

Smash Ace
Reik & Eggm- You guys should try to work on some cool teams strategies since you team all the time. I mean I know you guys are already a REALLY good team, but doesn't hurt to make things better. Like I know LK and Inui are a good team and have a lot more strategy thought up. Like LK is a beast at saving his teammate, he uses foxes up B starting animation to save people, which takes a little practice but is hella sexy. Also they have several counter characters and counter pick stages that they use, which people call "ghey" but its foolish not to take advantage of it. Also stuff like the 2v1 punch til they struggle outa of your grab, to teammate regrab repeat, is "cheap" but is considered an auto win and should be taken advantage of.(its really no more cheap than a jiggs rest from a grab IMO, just a bit better cuz its easier) Also just in the midst of battle, getting a grab and having the your fox upsmash is really effective and I don't really see it happen much with you guys.
Thanks, J. You're right, we could use a little work. Yesterday was the first time we had ever seriously teamed using my Falco and Eggm's Fox instead of the other way around. I'm still not totally used to the roll of Falco in teams... very rarely did I remember to grab to set up a U-smash. And I agree we could definitely use some counter characters. :ohwell:

If you noticed, I saved Eggm a hell of a lot with lasers in our matches with M2K + Ryoko and Eggm saved me a bunch of times with the Up-B trick. Plus there was that amazing double recovery where we hit each other when we were both too far away to make it back. :chuckle:

JFox

Smash Hero
You're forgetting Team Gimp there JFox.

:jigglypuf ftw

Sorry, forgot you Magus...You PA players and your trying to be a part of NJ :laugh:

Jigglies Magus is CRAZY in teams, lol. SOO much resting. Makes my head spin. :dizzy:

And Inui, I think it would be interesting to see you and LK vs NJ connection. You guys lack the spiffy teamname, but definitely aren't lacking in skillz. You guys should do play.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
We played them once.

Lord Knight wasn't doing so hot that day, as his singles results also showed, however.

We lost. XD

NJ Connection needs more team combos and more counterpicks in terms of characters and stages.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
dam, the bi-weekly is already 1 hour and sum minutes away from me, dang, this thing is far.
Hey, who knows. The tourney could actually be closer to you then the original biweekly location itself. You should mapquest from where you live.

"Feeling super lucky the original biweekly location is 5 minutes away from my house" :laugh:

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sh!!t reik took out cactuar. congrats man i know youve had trouble placing in tourney in the past. reall glad to hear it cuz ur a genuine kinda guy.

shoryuswordsman, ill get at u next biweekly.

much props and brotherly love to all from the mad crazy

Eggm

Smash Hero
I want to go to the event but i'm having trouble finding a ride, is anyone in NJ or philly going that i can go to your place and get a ride with? I'll help with gas of course.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to the event but i'm having trouble finding a ride, is anyone in NJ or philly going that i can go to your place and get a ride with? I'll help with gas of course.
does anyone have the exact address, i wanna mapquest it. so me and shoryuswordsman can talk over whether were going or not.

JFox

Smash Hero
does anyone have the exact address, i wanna mapquest it. so me and shoryuswordsman can talk over whether were going or not.
If I'm not mistaken, its the same place as all of the smashtalities. Just look up the address in there.

Edit:
1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470

I'm too nice. :)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
*whistles*

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.

The date for the CCX event for now is still on April 28th, but we're actually working on pushing it back a week. We'll let you guys know ASAP what's going on.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, its the same place as all of the smashtalities. Just look up the address in there.

Edit:
1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470

I'm too nice. :)
thanks, and you can never be too nice:)

from mapquest:
Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 56 minutes Total Est. Distance: 92.88 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom