• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trip to the land of freedom | Update with Info on 'The Airship' ~ Vyse

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
So guys, its about time we started talking and planning another trip to America.

there have been suggestions and rumors of us making a group trip around the middle of the year, ideally for apex, and those of us who've been before all want to go back, and resident super-traveler and timeless hero cao wouldnt be able to resist going.

so who's thinking of going, whats our plans etc etc? we need to organzie this **** soon or else it'll cost us a ****load and be really annoying to organize.

ideas?

shaya's suggested we hit up newyork and stuff, since we pretty much solely in california last time, but going back to cali to visit the amazing havok hall and oats trio is a definite must, also a visit to west virginia to visit don is in order, and then theres apex 2 of course.

so lets get talking about this ****.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm planning of going, of course. Dunno if it's possible for me at this point though.

I say, if that hype tourney Cao was talking about is within say, 2-3 weeks of Apex 2, then we go to that and roadtrip around the EC on our way to Apex 2.

We could call it The Road To Viridian City Apex 2. lololol

Also I agree, seeing the SD guys is a must.

btw, my mum was looking at airfares for various things and she found a deal for $1,400 RT Sydney to New York, I believe it was for Aug-Oct or something, around the time we'd be going. Can't remember who with, but it's definitely more promising than the $1,600-1,800 that was estimated in the other thread.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Apex 2 is in august though, that is too many weeks of Uni for most people I think.
this. id be there for a minimum of a fortnight, which means id miss 60 hours of uni. and i will actually like uni this year...

is there a big tourney at the end of the year worth going to?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I am going to be in Puerto Rico on my birthday (6th of July).

That'll **** my money. Probably can't go. Ah well.

Edit: Nix, Puerto Rico is a US territory. And the legal drinking age there is 18 (yeah it's stupid).
But my brother thinks it's amazing.
I don't.

Blah.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thundermistress and I will be in the following locations on the following dates (approximation):

June 23 - July 10: New York
July 11 - July 17: Los Angeles
July 18 - 25: Honolulu

If we're going to M3D's tournament in mind July (Airship), I'll probably cut a part of the LA leg to attend it. I probably won't bother with Apex 2; I'd have to extend my leave for an extra 2 weeks to attend it, although isn't out of the question.

The July calendar probably suits Australians more because of holiday dates, so I would recommend attending that (if you can't make Apex 2).

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Thundermistress and I will be in the following locations on the following dates (approximation):

June 23 - July 10: New York
July 11 - July 17: Los Angeles
July 18 - 25: Honolulu

If we're going to M3D's tournament in mind July (Airship), I'll probably cut a part of the LA leg to attend it. I probably won't bother with Apex 2; I'd have to extend my leave for an extra 2 weeks to attend it, which isn't out of the question.

The July calendar probably suits Australians more because of holiday[ dates, so I would recommend attending that (if you can't make Apex 2).
i want to go so badly to see family in la and honolulu, but im such a poor kid

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LA and Honolulu are awesome places to visit, much more rewarding than the NYC.

Gords

Smash Champion
I'm defnately planning on going bUt while I'm over there I want to attend some tourneys. Ideally a massie one like the hype thing Cao mentioned or apex 2. Also when s evo and is smash going to be there this year.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lolwat?

Of course there'll be smash. That's like, the whole point.

At least read the first one or two posts of the thread.

Sorry, but it really annoys me when people don't read the threads they post in. Like Alzi.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hey guys.

I am the one running apex 2010. If you do not know me ask around im a pretty chill guy.

For all of those going OOC to the US we are providing a lot here is some important information to look at

A tournament ran by the best TO staff ever including:
The Mages
DuggFinn
Xyro
FullMetal
Scar
Plank
AlphaZealot
Chibosempai
Toasty
Neal (pending MLG event)
JV(pending MLG event)
Professional Commentating Featuring the likes of:
Twins
Pierce
SamuraiPanda
Eevisu
D1

Special Guests

Obviously one of the things I love to do is to help provide people from everywhere a chance to come to my tournaments and experience a great event. With that in mind I am announcing the following groups of people attending my event based on speaking with them.

Armada + Most Europeans including possibly Calle W
The Japanese
Mexico
M2K/Umbreon Mow promise Isai as well

All around the world I will be doing my part to spread the word for brawl and melee. Obviously if you know me personally you know that no matter what this will be a great experience.

OOC INCENTIVE

Alright guys I know most of you will want a bigger reason to attend this event and here it is.

For all those OOC people coming to this event the week of/before we will provide

- Free Housing
- A TOUR of NYC/NJ by Me/Keitaro/Peirce7d/Crismas including 42nd street/empire state building/central park
- Smashfests also everyday
- Since it will be Summer a trip to Coney Island beach

Come on guys step up and come here I am willing to do anything to help please come by.

Hotels

As of right now I am in contacts with several hotels for a reduce rate. For now though, please visit http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/results...earchTokenId=2 for a lot of reduced rates there. Most of these are pretty close to Rutgers and should not be an issue.

Media Information

Ok guys here is where I tell you what I am providing. Check this all out :

At LEAST 1-2 livestreams per game ( this INCLUDES BRAWL + )
AT LEAST 1 projector for each game
Interviews streamed while downtime is occurring for each big match
Webcams to display the Crowds during each match
Twitter Accounts with various updates throughout the day
TourneyFixx by JG Wentworth
Film crew
Pictures taken throughout the event and updated Daily.
Official involvement of SWF and AIB.
Payouts for doubles being top 8 and for singles top 16.

Setups

Ok guys this is where I ask for your assistance. You want this all to happen we NEED the following:

at LEAST 50-64 Brawl setups
at LEAST 32-48 Melee Setups
We will definetly take care of you. Apex is the tournament to go to this year trust me on that.

Also if you come for a month or so there are SO MANY tournaments on the EC its not funny. We will have a lot.

Any questions hit me up.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not know what strawhats is doing but it is total BS. I said that I am talking to Brood and Captain Jack and I am going through SMHNOT and AMsah since I do not speak the langauge. From what I was told they are trying to come.

All these other names are NEW to me. I like hyping but I do not like saying people are coming that I have not even heard of or known about ( no offense I just dont wanna say ___ is coming when I have not even mentioned them )

I can tell you for sure Armada and Amsah are coming cause I am paying for them.

Also most of the players I listed in my apex 2010 forum expressed interests.

That is the truth and I am sorry someone is ruining it for you guys.

Sadly this kid lives near me and is a huge melee fanboy >_< ... I love both games but JEEZ

Sieg

Smash Champion
They're all real players. It's just, like.

He's pretty much just named everyone from the heyday of professional Melee. Alot of those players don't even play anymore lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Its like saying OMG KEN is coming and he is on a survivor reunion show or something lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if curious this is the TRUE list of people interested in the tournament

nterested eu players
Austria:
Gheb01
.joel
l!nk

Germany:
°UÇK
ZetTroxx
Ice
Staco
Void

Netherlands:
Amsah
Gmoney
Ramin
istudying
Mr-R
Jumpman
Lord Chair
Ryuker
Bartolon

France:
K@0s
several others (according to Slhoka)

Spain:
Marcbri
Miquel0123
Talvi
Raw!
Strawhat Dahean
NeJi
Rydle

UK:
Fuzzyness
vanityangel
Calzorz
Trio3

Sweden:
Armada
Calle W
ajp anton
Pep1to

Norway:
Chiko_

that does not include here ( obviously ) or Japan cause I cannot speak to them. Also You have to add in a few more french players because they are really trying to come to this as well as Dark Musician + Hawaii because I am friends with him.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
**** me, please make an Apex 3! I don't think I can get 2 months leave for Apex 2, Australia isn't that amazing!

*sadface*

AS - Keep me in the loop for NY/NJ monthlies the month before Apex 2 if you can. Will be glad to join.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
cao
need a small favour
win apex to make us look not terrible

if you did, it would increase international attendance for robocop
wiiin

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Sorry guys but japan is calling my name this year. Although i do have a nice $8000 of travel vouchers to spend that i won =D

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Booker we're all going to Japan next year lol.

Also HOLY **** SMASH 64 AT AIRSHIP.

SHAYA.

SHAYA.

OMG.

Hype overload!~

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
sigh next year but i want to go THIS YEAR! i have enough for another trip. Probably Vegas again or Canada idk yet

Gords

Smash Champion
So how does an America trip from the 20th July to 10th august sound.

Covers Airship to Apex 2 with two weeks in between to take in some sights, like San diago, and catch up with mates, like D0N and the oats crew.

Thoughts?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sounds good, that's more or less what I was thinking too.

Now all I have to do is make up the monies haha.

Edit: We'd need to think carefully about when we go to SD, since it's basically nowhere near anything else we're going to.

Top Bottom